Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

GulagDolls posted:

it's really surprising to me that anyone in this thread would support hbomberguy after his disgusting, vile, unforgivable remarks about dark souls 2 being just as good as the other souls games

yeah, it was weird how far he reached with that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I agree with a lot of it though not all of it, definitely think it's a good watch either way.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
hbomb's recent video on the guy who actually made Dragon's Lair is probably one of his best and also a good reminder that basically all of us will die having never mattered to the world as a whole namaste.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

GulagDolls posted:

it's really surprising to me that anyone in this thread would support hbomberguy after his disgusting, vile, unforgivable remarks about dark souls 2 being just as good as the other souls games
That video is s-rank contrarianism and I'm glad he's on our side.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah AFAIK he hopped on the GG bandwagon when it took off but might actually have been the only person on earth who actually did think it was about ethics in games journalism. So he's got some weird loving associations as a result. Why he keeps on with it I dunno but it's been a thing for a while I think. It's honestly hard to tell with him how much is just him being a prick and how much of an actual shithead he is.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/897921577077047296

Tremendous shithead.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

To Be Fair, FemFreq did do the lovely thing of accusing Laura Kate Dale of all people of promoting GamerGate after doing an Interview with TotalBuscut on community moderation and did lead to people harassing her. It's the first time I was ever angry with that group. I think those tweets are from around then.

Edit: Here's the article: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/08/16/totalbiscuit-on-dealing-with-the-hate

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 4, 2017

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

To Be Fair, FemFreq did do the lovely thing of accusing Laura Kate Dale of all people of promoting GamerGate after doing an Interview with TotalBuscut on community moderation and did lead to people harassing her. It's the first time I was ever angry with that group. I think those tweets are from around then.

Edit: Here's the article: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/08/16/totalbiscuit-on-dealing-with-the-hate

She criticized the article for interviewing TB, a dude who has directed his fanbase at people he doesn't like and is a gamergater, in an article about how to deal with receiving harassment.

e: TB also then postured about suing kotaku for libel.
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/898200624566861825

LibrarianCroaker fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 4, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

She criticized the article for interviewing TB, a dude who has directed his fanbase at people he doesn't like and is a gamergater, in an article about how to deal with receiving harassment.

e: TB also then postured about suing kotaku for libel.
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/898200624566861825

I dont get why fem freq even bothered criticizing the interview since pretty soon TotalBiscuit will be dead from rear end cancer and quite forgotten.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

While only tangentially related to the types of people usually discussed in this thread, Alan Melikdjanian (Captain Disillusion) did a talk recently at a Skeptic conference and some of it is very relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqfWm6z84t0

Maybe avoid the comments, even though the ratio is somehow fine. A lot of his fans don't seem aware he's kind of talking to them.

I saw this and, when I saw the "honorable mentions" at the rear end in a top hat Singularity part, I thought about posting it in this thread.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Kind of wish this would make a comeback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUd6rsIjM0k

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Lmao dongicus

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Completely regardless of his posts, what if homberguy were to go buy some lentil for his dinner but there were a really sharp screw in the bag and on the way out all the lights at the crossing suddenly turn green while he is crossing, and he falls down the manhole in the street?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
What if h bomb man started breakdancing and he did it so fast and garnered enough centripetal force that his limbs rip off from his body spewing in all directions like some kind of mortal kombat self fatality while some animal in a suit with a british accent beatboxed in joy about how marx destroyed the roman empire

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Me: Hypothetic theorycrafting: what would happen if h bonber were to be strapped to a rocket to catch a badly recolored roadrunner doing the dreamworks face and he slams into a painted wall, killing him instantly
Savvy internet man that hashes out psychological profiles of several fat retarded youtube nazis on a forum thread full of equally talented people: GamerGate.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
What if jbomberman leapt into a giant pool full of gelatin, and then comically bounced with a spring sound back into the sun

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
Is this isn't going to turn into the sequel to the razer after-party, you're wasting your efforts imo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

:chloe:

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Hbomberguy more like Icarus Of Crete.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Hbomber is the kind of contrarian who would, if a bunch of nerds decided to get really into health food and would sing its praises everywhere, do a 2 hour defense video of JUNKFOOD IS ACTUALLY GOOD.

I still like his vids tho.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Hbomberguy just did a video on Braid. Way to keep the finger on the pulse of modern gaming. :smug:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

DS2 is my favorite DS game.

i'm sorry.

(ds2 is actually the game that got me fully into the series after like four false starts with 1 but it's the weakest one. that still makes it better than 99.99 percent of games.)

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 4, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

JVNO posted:

Can you imagine being a big enough loser to upvote it?

Or...

Scrubbing post histories from loving June because you think people will dunk on you for Gamer Gate.

Now that is a stunning commitment to trolling. :golfclap:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

DS2 is better than 3 :colbert:

Also laff-o-rama to that dumbshit trying to scrub posts

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

Mr Interweb posted:

Hbomberguy just did a video on Braid. Way to keep the finger on the pulse of modern gaming. :smug:

The newest video I see from him is the Soy Boy. Are you referring to this on Braid from Feb 2016?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Zp1DZJIYU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yardbomb posted:

DS2 is better than 3 :colbert:

nah. its dlc is better tho.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ArfJason posted:

Completely regardless of his posts, what if homberguy were to go buy some lentil for his dinner but there were a really sharp screw in the bag and on the way out all the lights at the crossing suddenly turn green while he is crossing, and he falls down the manhole in the street?

ArfJason posted:

What if h bomb man started breakdancing and he did it so fast and garnered enough centripetal force that his limbs rip off from his body spewing in all directions like some kind of mortal kombat self fatality while some animal in a suit with a british accent beatboxed in joy about how marx destroyed the roman empire

ArfJason posted:

Me: Hypothetic theorycrafting: what would happen if h bonber were to be strapped to a rocket to catch a badly recolored roadrunner doing the dreamworks face and he slams into a painted wall, killing him instantly
Savvy internet man that hashes out psychological profiles of several fat retarded youtube nazis on a forum thread full of equally talented people: GamerGate.

ArfJason posted:

ArfJason posted:

ArfJason posted:

What if jbomberman leapt into a giant pool full of gelatin, and then comically bounced with a spring sound back into the sun

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 4, 2017

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

ArfJason is what happens when the apocalyptic scenario seen in Dongicus goes too far.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
why are you guys getting so mad about simple questions?

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
This ArfJason/Dongicus troll derail is easily the dumbest I’ve seen in D&D in a long time. And I follow the Trump thread, which has 10 page long derails about food every other day.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Nobody's really talking about Arf, they're just kinda white noise posting.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
‘White noise posting’ is about right. I can’t say what ArfJason is doing is trolling or derailing. Dongicus on the other hand is somewhat bizarre and incomprehensible in his awfulness.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I don't know what to tell you, my dude.

I think you guys should have a taste of the Occam's Razor, Ie, grow up a little then come back to the big boy's table? I thought these fora were for discussion and debate. Not a mewling ground for toddlers who've spilled their collective milk.

I'm still ready to be challenged on discord by the way. Can't believe the guy who wussed out so hard.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

But can you change your posts on Discord like you can on S.A.????

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
The sad gently caress would probably overdub the recording to make it look like he got some sick burns in.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
what if hombob was locked in combat with a fedorawearing idiot (its always a fedora) who thinks hes a suave detective style guy, and then the fedora man uses a hammer that has a fist inside, and this fist hits a valve which opens and sprays Dip all over hmob, killing him since it was revealed moments prior he was a toon?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
what if homguy threw down the ladder on the north front of the house, then realized they were coming from the south side and thus he jumps from the second floor window, landing in a roll, then due to panicking and not picking up the shotgun he gets decapitated by Doctor Salvador while the Ganado scream UN FORASTERO?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

kek_stomper69, great guy on youtube, check out his stuff. (he has an avatar of Miles Edgeworth doing the `ACK!` face) He Put out a gofund me for Mr. Bomberman's coffin. His pitch was that his coffin would be lined with LCD screens that would livestream Sargon of Akkad's videos directly to his corpse. That way he can forever destroy them with Logic even in death.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
what if bomberman was casually drinking tea in his house after pwning some convservative fedora shitlords and decides to drive to the store but a policeman stops him and takes him to jail because his drivers license is no longer valid because a clerical error declared him to be legally dead?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Dongicus posted:

kek_stomper69, great guy on youtube, check out his stuff. (he has an avatar of Miles Edgeworth doing the `ACK!` face) He Put out a gofund me for Mr. Bomberman's coffin. His pitch was that his coffin would be lined with LCD screens that would livestream Sargon of Akkad's videos directly to his corpse. That way he can forever destroy them with Logic even in death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
what if hguy used his teleportation machine to teleport himself into a battle royale against the conservative youtube guys who fetishize richard dawkins but didnt realize hes killing himself by disassembling every molecule in his body and creating a perfect copy of himself elsewhere, and he kept doing this, repeating a cycle of unwitting suicide and cloning?

• Locked thread