Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

I want the American people to know the truth: the FBI is the opposite of all of this and you should never trust them, but it is convenient when they are attacking your enemies (who also happen to be idiots, douchebags, and huge threats to humanity)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Republicans posted:

Everyone should do mail-in like Washington state.

I used to work as a ballot counter here in Oregon, and the level of voter participation here is huge. We regularly reach around 70%. Made for some real busy nights.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
For everyone commiserating on why boomers aren't called out more, listen to Lewis Black and old George Carlin stand up. They trash Boomers constantly, and it helps me sleep at night.

Edit: Also, I'm going to be the pedant here and scream that GOPers and their followers having malicious lovely views isn't cognitive dissonance. If it were, they wouldn't be doing it because they'd be feeling super uncomfortable all the time. They're idiots or sociopaths; pure and simple, even if they're family. Saying it's "cognitive dissonance" white washes how lovely they are as human beings.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 4, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

glowing-fish posted:

The last two arrests/plea announcements were like clockwork, October 30th and December 1st, so at the rate things are going, I think we have another month to wait for big news.

Hold the gently caress up.

Did you just extrapolate a straight line from two data points?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Gorilla Salad posted:

What, you want him to draw a curve between the two points instead?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

i didn't realize he was a chicago school economist

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lemming posted:

My dad (mom's not a citizen) has been a Republican all his life, but I think he's a genuinely kind and caring person who has just been hoodwinked. I'm super grateful that with Trump he left the party and now we commiserate about how transparently evil and craven those fuckers in power are :unsmith:

same(my mom is clintonite but a good one) my dad is bit of classist but he loving hates what the GOP is now and he Hates trump. but philosophy of "well i can't change it so i don't let it bother me".

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Reddy/status/937493669262786561

lol poor mittens

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

r2 = 1.000

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mittens is poo poo but id take his awful(if he won) over loving orin "starve the kids" hatch.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Trump making friends as well as he ever does.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

mittens is poo poo but id take his awful(if he won) over loving orin "starve the kids" hatch.

Romney will also starve the kids. All Republicans are bad.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

CubanMissile posted:

Every Republican I've ever met from this age group are 100% convinced the the GOP wants to lower taxes for everyone all the time and the Dems want to raise taxes forever to pay for methadone and people on welfare never having to work again. They will believe these things until the end of time and will never look into anything else related to politics because their paycheck withholding is the only thing they will ever care about.

They also believe that anyone younger than they are who is a Democrat just wants free stuff and will eventually "grow out of it" once they get a "real job" or have a family.

Must be universal because my parents are not American and believe this about the right and the left in general.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

*starves kids, Bain-ish-ly*

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I mean, Mitt has horrible views and is insanely out of touch, but he's not Hatch.

I honestly think Mitt could win a primary challenge, provided the terrible Utah GOP didn't intentionally screw him over.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
An example of Mittens being out of touch, sending victims of Super storm Sandy pasta salad.

Not knowing what a donut is. Trees being the right height. etc, etc.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Mittens seems loving quaint.

Still goddam deplorable.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PhazonLink posted:

An example of Mittens being out of touch, sending victims of Super storm Sandy pasta salad.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Mittens is horrible but Utah is as close as a red state has ever come to hating Trump and we're bored and annoyed with Hatch here in Salt Lake, so I think Mittens would do quite well.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Mittens is probably the best we can get in Utah; short of some Moore level controversy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The plus for Mitt being in the senate is that Trump hates him and vice-versa. He'll probably just fall in line but I'm hoping for a fist fight.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Great photo.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Push El Burrito posted:

The plus for Mitt being in the senate is that Trump hates him and vice-versa. He'll probably just fall in line but I'm hoping for a fist fight.

Romney isn't going to fight, All Republicans are bad. This isn't the 1950s anymore. The last vestiges of Republicans being the noble opposition died when Reagan took office.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mitt talks tough out of office but he’d be pretty much another McCain in the senate. Still an improvement over Hatch.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

But...why?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

But...why?

Trying to get a wrinkle out without having to take it all off.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Deteriorata posted:

Trying to get a wrinkle out without having to take it all off.

Also he's an android, so, no pain receptors.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ague Proof posted:

But...why?

when looking sharp in white tie dress is more important than avoiding first degree burns

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Ague Proof posted:

But...why?

When you're rich you have people iron for you and after a while you forget how it works.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

I got to the line where it said the 'President is working hard' and immediately called bullshit on the article.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

I love this clip because it is so clearly a guy doing something he obviously knows is goofy mostly to get a laugh and ham it up for the camera.

And then people lay into it like it's secret evidence he's actually a robot or sheltered or something.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Honestly, I feel like Mitt is looking to fill a McCain sized hole in terms of being perceived by the zeitgeist as "the good one" while being as useless as McCain

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

I’ve moved to Washington and I can now say that voting by mail doesn’t really do a whole lot to change who actually votes. The area I live in now had a whopping 30% turnout for the election a month ago. Granted, there was only local seats available, but the town once again went hard republican, and not even moderates, they voted for morons who demanded that every town hall start with “a good Christian prayer” regardless of the fact that a decent portion of who they were representing aren’t Christian. I researched every candidate on the ballot, and while there was some more liberal options, the majority of positions were “moderate” republican vs scorched earth republican.

I’ve since signed up to help campaign for the democratic challenger to this districts congressional seat, because the current republican is a really piece of garbage. But the moral of the story is that just because people can vote easier, doesn’t mean they’ll actually vote. GOTV is still way more important than anything else, and it’s weird with mail ballots because people can just put it off until it’s too late. Mail voting is definitely better, but it’s not a silver bullet.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

PhazonLink posted:

After moving to Texas from New York I started to give Mitt a pass on the trees. The trees here are on average about 2/3rd as tall as what I grew up with. I didn't really notice it till 3-4 months in, but it kind of struck me as wrong. My sister lives in the PNW and those pines feel too tall.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Angry_Ed posted:

All Republicans are bad. This isn't the 1950s anymore. The last vestiges of Republicans being the noble opposition died when Reagan took office.
The last halfway-reasonable Republican was Richard Lugar, and he retired from the Senate (and politics) five years ago.

They're all various shades of soulless monster now. Some are just a little better at hiding it, is all.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Reminder, he canceled the business credit cards of his staff 0.00000000000 plank times after it was announced B-rock won.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder, he canceled the business credit cards of his staff 0.00000000000 plank times after it was announced B-rock won.

Every time you post I can't help but worry it's going to be that drat photo series again. I brace myself in anticipation. It's given me some weird kind of PTSD.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

All these photos and not the one of him grinning about the Benghazi attack.

I'll still take a guy who calls the confederate flag the American Swastika over Hatch, even if he's just another Republican jackass to fire into the sun later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

DarkstarIV posted:

Apparently House Republicans are going to try and hold the FBI and DOJ (except for Jeff Sessions because he recused himself) in Contempt of Congress.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/House-Republicans-prepare-contempt-action-against-12401881.php

Isn't Nunes the one who keeps running to Trump and leaking the information to him? And to be honest, I don't think the house investigation committee is doing much anyways.

If holding Congress in contempt is a crime, then #LockMeUp.

• Locked thread