Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/hexxit-gear

Someone finally did it. Hexxit Gear in a post-1.7.10* world.

(* Technically post 1.8 because someone else made a 1.8 version called KloudGear but a) that’s a dumb name and b) who even played 1.8, I’m not even talking 1.8.X I mean it was plain old 1.8)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Would I be right in saying project ozone lite is the best casual skymap modpack? I just want something easy going and not super grindy and it looks like the progression in this modpack is pretty fast. Looking to get back into modded minecraft a little but I know it's not going to last so something simple would be best for now.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

sharktamer posted:

Would I be right in saying project ozone lite is the best casual skymap modpack? I just want something easy going and not super grindy and it looks like the progression in this modpack is pretty fast. Looking to get back into modded minecraft a little but I know it's not going to last so something simple would be best for now.

I would say Sky Factory 2 or 3 for casual fun. You can get overpowered pretty quickly, that's the design approach for the packs. PO2 is a little grindier

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

For those that want to forsake the twitch launcher altogether, Vazkii's curse modpack downloader works like a charm. It even tells you which version of forge you need.

https://github.com/Vazkii/CMPDL

Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008
The most recent beta versions of MultiMC can download modpacks from curse as well and will automatically create the instance with the correct forge.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Skuzal posted:

The most recent beta versions of MultiMC can download modpacks from curse as well and will automatically create the instance with the correct forge.

ohh that is awesome

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sharktamer posted:

If it is anything like the original Project Ozone than yes, its a great pack. Nothing grindy at all, everything can be completed with clever building and automation.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
The redesigned Botania mana pylons look like poo poo.

Edit: Okay not that far, they match with the new look of the mod and wiiv does good textures, but I loved decorating with the old ones and hate the new model.

Edit 2: The animation on them is pretty good but UGH :mad:

Fortis fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 2, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

man the new environmental tech is so irritating

in order to build the next tier of ore miner or whatever, you have to wait for literal hours for it to dig up a stack and a half of a special crafting material, and there's no way to speed it up other than building tons of them

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

man the new environmental tech is so irritating

in order to build the next tier of ore miner or whatever, you have to wait for literal hours for it to dig up a stack and a half of a special crafting material, and there's no way to speed it up other than building tons of them

That's why I added them to the appropriate color lenses for my packs. They still take a while but the odds of getting one goes from bullshit ridiculous low to like 8-15% depending on tier and which one it is, enabling you to make progress that doesn't require weeks or stupid amounts of them.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
I guess steel is my "OHHH I GET IT NOW!" moment for the Gregtech hate. I can't think of any other experience I've had in modded MC to date that was even slightly comparable to this where I got to the end of an hours-long grind for a multiblock, realized I was going to need stacks and stacks of a material from it that took 6 minutes per unit to produce, and realized my only way to speed it up is, "do that same grind you just did, over again, with no new fanciness to help make it faster whatsoever."

gently caress this mod forever.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Toadsmash posted:

I guess steel is my "OHHH I GET IT NOW!" moment for the Gregtech hate. I can't think of any other experience I've had in modded MC to date that was even slightly comparable to this where I got to the end of an hours-long grind for a multiblock, realized I was going to need stacks and stacks of a material from it that took 6 minutes per unit to produce, and realized my only way to speed it up is, "do that same grind you just did, over again, with no new fanciness to help make it faster whatsoever."

YEP. Your only options for faster blast furnace processing are:
1. more blast furnaces
or
2. providing a higher voltage than required for the recipe

Later ingot types take hours per ingot to produce. It's just awful.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Toadsmash posted:

The "best" part about gregtech is the reason for all that complexity. It was added incrementally to prevent other players on his SMP server from catching up with him in the tech progression.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Toadsmash posted:

gently caress GregTech forever. Amen. Balancing poo poo by tedium is lovely design and Greg is an rear end in a top hat.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Stupid question time:

How do I make this more efficient? It's draining just a bit more energy than is being generated by the five crucibles feeding into the generator.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Evil Mastermind posted:

Stupid question time:

How do I make this more efficient? It's draining just a bit more energy than is being generated by the five crucibles feeding into the generator.

Does the pack have blazing pyrotheum, or any other better heat source for the crucibles? Also, check the heat level of the full source block of lava vs flowing -- depending on the exact version of Ex Nihilo, that can make a difference.

Alternatively just make a bunch more crucibles and lava generators.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It's SF3, and while the flowing lava is just as good as the block, the pack doesn't have pyrotheum.

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
From memory Firewater from EnderIO is pretty decent for crucibles and easy to make.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Stupid question time:

You can compensate for the slow melt time of lava by simply adding more crucibles. They aren't that expensive to make. More scale!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Found this on reddit:

pre:
Heat Levels
Torch                    | 1
Yellorium Block          | 1
Lava (Source)            | 3
Fire(Lit Netherrack)     | 4
Rocket Fuel (Source)     | 6
Liquid Sunshine (Source) | 7
Fire Water (Source)      | 8
Mega Torch               | 10
Awakened Draconium Block | 15
Uranium Block            | 20
Flowing liquids seem to offer a lower heat level, based on distance from source.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

MSB 2

Im in the nether. I have an eye of salamander so blazes and ghasts are trivial.

What do i do with all the pigmen that are in the way? It doesnt seem feasable atm to kill 30 pigmen to get to my blaze...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

MaliciousOnion posted:

Found this on reddit:

pre:
Heat Levels
Torch                    | 1
Yellorium Block          | 1
Lava (Source)            | 3
Fire(Lit Netherrack)     | 4
Rocket Fuel (Source)     | 6
Liquid Sunshine (Source) | 7
Fire Water (Source)      | 8
Mega Torch               | 10
Awakened Draconium Block | 15
Uranium Block            | 20
Flowing liquids seem to offer a lower heat level, based on distance from source.

Not for SF3

I think the usable blocks are in a cfg somewhere on a per-pack basis

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Meskhenet posted:

MSB 2

Im in the nether. I have an eye of salamander so blazes and ghasts are trivial.

What do i do with all the pigmen that are in the way? It doesnt seem feasable atm to kill 30 pigmen to get to my blaze...

Blanket your spawn platform in vector plates. Mobs can still spawn on them. Have the vector plates push all the mobs into some diamond spikes or Evilcraft spikes. Put a hopper underneath or ranged collector nearby, collect bacon. I have my spawn platform 24 blocks away from the portal, and use vector plates to push them all the way over to spikes near the portal.

Get just enough blaze rods to make a Flawless Calculator, then capture a ghast in a Mob Imprisonment thinger, get your five simmering combs, and never come back.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Maybe this'll help somebody else -- I went into creative mode and took a screenshot of the build requirements for all the Enviromental Tech void miners. I ran into the problem where I didn't know how many of the wossnames to let the thing mine before I upgraded, since there's no actual documentation book and the only way to know is to make an upgraded void miner and try to use it.

https://imgur.com/a/tQY7E

Build reqs are the same for ore miner, resource miner, and botanic(?) miner of the same tier.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Maybe this'll help somebody else -- I went into creative mode and took a screenshot of the build requirements for all the Enviromental Tech void miners. I ran into the problem where I didn't know how many of the wossnames to let the thing mine before I upgraded, since there's no actual documentation book and the only way to know is to make an upgraded void miner and try to use it.

Build reqs are the same for ore miner, resource miner, and botanic(?) miner of the same tier.

You're awesome. I was going crazy without the ET book. I eventually figured I'd just build two controllers and leapfrog them as I upgraded, but this is much easier.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Not for SF3

I think the usable blocks are in a cfg somewhere on a per-pack basis

I checked, and it's correct. Here's a paste of the .json: https://pastebin.com/eWZ4HNG3

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I was watching Deadpine sperg out with Nuclearcraft, but I don't see a pack that uses it that isn't Modern Skyblock. Anyone know one that uses it?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Oh, also, I managed to power through the ET portion of the grind by making an acceleration wand. Shame it uses experience, though -- good thing I'd slapped about a billion upgrades on my solidified experience drawer, though.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

Devor posted:

I was watching Deadpine sperg out with Nuclearcraft, but I don't see a pack that uses it that isn't Modern Skyblock. Anyone know one that uses it?

ATM 1.10 uses a version of it. Just be aware that it's a mod that's still in a state of heavy flux, so if you do play that pack and then later get to try a more recent one, you're liable to have to relearn a fair bit.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Devor posted:

Both NST World of Exploration for Minecraft 1.11 and NST World of Color for Minecraft 1.12 have Nuclear Craft included.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Why the gently caress did they remove the in-game guide, anyway? I know it always said "WIP" but it's better than literally nothing, especially when they've removed it at a time when everything else was getting more complex.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Vib Rib posted:

Why the gently caress did they remove the in-game guide, anyway?

Because *immersion*.

All I really care now that the electric engine is fixed is using a void resource miner to get some sponge, since I’m lazy and don’t want to fight elder guardians. I bet I could cheese the fight with a couple of buckets of milk, though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

MaliciousOnion posted:

I checked, and it's correct. Here's a paste of the .json: https://pastebin.com/eWZ4HNG3

huh, i stand corrected i guess

i'd slapped down a yellorium block and assumed it was oredicted to uranium

it's all a bit moot for me though i stopped playing SF3 once i got the magical crops cloche factory up and running. it trivialises things amazingly

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

still playing MSB2, please have me committed

so i ran into another fun bit -- the quest book suggests that you can get dimensional shards by making a dimension builder, which is a normal thing to assume given how RFTools works normally

so i go through the process of getting the awakened draconium necessary to make a dimension builder and everything, okay, no big deal

but i make a few test dimensions and they're all void dimensions

turns out that the rftools config is set to only allow you to make void dimensions, and you can't even make normal terrain dimlets at all (even when i took a terrain absorber into The Beneath and filled it full of "normal terrain" essence)

so the only way you can actually progress in the pack is to get a tier 5 void miner :tizzy:

My Girlfriend's Account
Aug 19, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

still playing MSB2, please have me committed

so i ran into another fun bit -- the quest book suggests that you can get dimensional shards by making a dimension builder, which is a normal thing to assume given how RFTools works normally

so i go through the process of getting the awakened draconium necessary to make a dimension builder and everything, okay, no big deal

but i make a few test dimensions and they're all void dimensions

turns out that the rftools config is set to only allow you to make void dimensions, and you can't even make normal terrain dimlets at all (even when i took a terrain absorber into The Beneath and filled it full of "normal terrain" essence)

so the only way you can actually progress in the pack is to get a tier 5 void miner :tizzy:

When I was playing you could make blank dimlets that occasionally had things like huge orbs or liquid orbs. And occasionally these had dimension shard ore. Then you can use a bunch of absorbers to grab those qualities and create custom dimlets. I think I went through ~100 blank dimensions before I had a bunch of different orbs and ores. Once you can fly you can fly around looking for the little houses which still spawn and grab those dimlets as well, some of which will have different ore types.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Vib Rib posted:

Why the gently caress did they remove the in-game guide, anyway? I know it always said "WIP" but it's better than literally nothing, especially when they've removed it at a time when everything else was getting more complex.

Because it would have wrong information and they wanted to totally rework the guide so it was actually less poo poo. I don't know why it's taking so long, though. Aside from school, I think?

Double Punctuation posted:

Because *immersion*.

No.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

huh, i stand corrected i guess

i'd slapped down a yellorium block and assumed it was oredicted to uranium

it's all a bit moot for me though i stopped playing SF3 once i got the magical crops cloche factory up and running. it trivialises things amazingly

I did try yellorium blocks, but they don't burn forever, so...

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Building off the back of this, I did some quick spreadsheets and worked out the number of Enviro Tech crystals needed for each tier:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I did try yellorium blocks, but they don't burn forever, so...

You don't light a fire on the yellorium block, you just put the block under the crucible directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I finally updated Ender Ore to 1.12.2 if anyone wants it

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ender-ore/files