Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'd just like to throw this out there cause I don't think this video was really linked anywhere but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6TpGRSOZAs&t=55s

Check it out, Six Shooter got buffed to have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer duration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Now I can finally spend my last talent point!

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Section Z posted:

Unless you want the quick turn ins for item level, Save any vendor tokens that involve an armor set you like the look of, as one of the supposed improvements upcoming is being more easily able to go "I want stuff from this planet's item pool, I do not need a 7th identical Philomath armband"

Worth noting that this particular thing isn't until the update on the 12th.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

comatose posted:

Now I can finally spend my last talent point!
The reason I was avoiding it wasn't the duration, but the unmentioned drastic damage nerf. Where comedy gifs are around of people shooting cabal legionaries with 6 shooter and having them survive.

I get enough of "Legionary barely survived with a sliver of health" with my selection of normal guns to put up with that on a super. Even my guns that one shot or double tap them clean normally get shuffled down to "Almost but not quite" when it's time to bring a fancy 280+ Handcannon or sweet scout rifle to 220 recommended power Ikora flashbacks, etc.

Call to serve is one of my favorite Scout rifles because at least when missions declare it now needs 3 shots instead of 2 shots to kill "Trash +1" enemies, I get the bullet back. My MIDA can't even two-shot legionaries in the EDZ in the first place, and it's one of my two strongest weapons at 291. It's super convenient in PvP (even if I prefer the Vigilance Wing for feeling like an Egyptian brand Space Marine) but it just feels so embarrassing to use the MIDA in Cabal drill events, etc.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 4, 2017

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I enjoy being a Void man and slapping my enemies to death, running from one to the next and applying a pimp hand

That said, when I go into the Nightfall strike it's always me by my lonesome, am I supposed to be social and find someone to play this with?

Normal strikes usually pair me up with a couple other idiots automatically

edit: Also I've been deleting all weapons and only keeping my highest damage weapon, did I gently caress up here or what

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Nightfalls and Raids don't provide matchmaking. Well they do, but they're in the form of guided games and WELP that poo poo is dumb and takes forever. Get in a goddamned discord and type "lfg nightfall" and like three seconds later you'll probably be in a nightfall group. The discord is good. Use the discord.

And maybe. Don't shard every single purple gun, especially if you find one you like. Nameless midnight, Origin Story, Antiope-D, Better Devils, Old Fashioned, just to name a few, are good legendaries and are very common to see a lot of people using. That said, there's no reason to infuse them for one or two points at a time, just save a copy for later or shard it when you get a higher light version. There's nothing wrong with running running blues until you hit 265.

E: Also Mida does not require an Exotic Engram to decode. The Sturm and Drang quest requires an exotic engram to proceed. Mida requires you dismantle five legendary or rare scout rifles and to shoot a bunch of mans. That's it.

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 4, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SpookyLizard posted:

And maybe. Don't shard every single purple gun, especially if you find one you like. Nameless midnight, Origin Story, Antiope-D, Better Devils, Old Fashioned, just to name a few, are good legendaries and are very common to see a lot of people using. That said, there's no reason to infuse them for one or two points at a time, just save a copy for later or shard it when you get a higher light version. There's nothing wrong with running running blues until you hit 265.
This reminds me. I only just now, right this second. Got a second copy of the Crownsplitter sword for my Titan. A master sword clone that gives ammo back on chained kills, as well as having a slam attack. God knows how many engrams later.

If you have not done so already, do NOT dismantle the swords Cayde gave you when you beat the plot. As those are the only class specific weapons in the entire game, and they are pretty sweet. Crownsplitter, Quickfang, and Eternity's edge.

Unlike a lot of quest unlocked legendary weapons, like the MIDA Minitool, or the Man O War linear fusion rifle, It does not seem to allow you to go "Whoops, I'd like to buy that unique legendary again for some shards please". So you are fully at the mercy of random RNG luck for ever getting another.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 4, 2017

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Section Z posted:

If you have not done so already, do NOT dismantle the swords Cayde gave you when you beat the plot. As those are the only class specific weapons in the entire game, and they are pretty sweet. Crownsplitter, Quickfang, and Eternity's edge.

Well goddamn. Guess what I just melted an hour ago?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

edit: Also I've been deleting all weapons and only keeping my highest damage weapon, did I gently caress up here or what

Absolutely not. Keep what looks interesting and powerful and gently caress everything else. Then when you decide you want a particular weapon, boom, there's your carrot.

If you play a lot you know everything will come back around again anyway. But honestly "too casual to care" is the best way to play this game.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

The only thing that's really special are the attacks and appearance. There's arguably better swords available from other sources. Raid sword gives sword ammo on kills, crucible one gives you movement buffs on kills. Of course no sword compares to the Tractor Cannon, Wardcliff Coil (Dubious Volley), and/or any fusion rifle. Vooooooop!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Eververse rolls over this Dec 5 reset?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Before the X-PAC drops, let’s all take a moment and reminisce about the dozen pages of “auto-aim hackers will use XIM!!!” and it’s not an issue because if anyone wants to cheat they can just openly DOS you and stream it and not get banned

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

SpookyLizard posted:

The only thing that's really special are the attacks and appearance. There's arguably better swords available from other sources. Raid sword gives sword ammo on kills, crucible one gives you movement buffs on kills. Of course no sword compares to the Tractor Cannon, Wardcliff Coil (Dubious Volley), and/or any fusion rifle. Vooooooop!

Tarantulas has such a unique sound. Its so quiet and then it does a fucklot of damage.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bust Rodd posted:

Before the X-PAC drops, let’s all take a moment and reminisce about the dozen pages of “auto-aim hackers will use XIM!!!” and it’s not an issue because if anyone wants to cheat they can just openly DOS you and stream it and not get banned

Do people use Xims?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Section Z posted:

Unlike a lot of quest unlocked legendary weapons, like the MIDA Minitool, or the Man O War linear fusion rifle, It does not seem to allow you to go "Whoops, I'd like to buy that unique legendary again for some shards please". So you are fully at the mercy of random RNG luck for ever getting another.

If you use DIM like someone already mentioned type in the search box "dupe" and select from the drop down "is:dupelower". What will happen is magic as it will highlight every weapon that you have a dupe of except(!) your highest level one.

Shard all of lower power level but not before seeing if you can infuse another weapon of the same type.

For example; if you have a MIDA scout level 299 and one level 290, check to see if any of your other scout are not at least 290 like your Nameless Midnight.

I did this so I could have kinetic nameless midnight along with my mananannananannanan in my energy slot so I could do explode on hits 24/7 .

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

SpookyLizard posted:

Nightfalls and Raids don't provide matchmaking. Well they do, but they're in the form of guided games and WELP that poo poo is dumb and takes forever. Get in a goddamned discord and type "lfg nightfall" and like three seconds later you'll probably be in a nightfall group. The discord is good. Use the discord.

E: Also Mida does not require an Exotic Engram to decode. The Sturm and Drang quest requires an exotic engram to proceed. Mida requires you dismantle five legendary or rare scout rifles and to shoot a bunch of mans. That's it.

auuughhhh but Mom I don't want to play with others

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Spanish Manlove posted:

Do people use Xims?

I've played around with mine on PC and it certainly works but I still prefer proper kbm. Everything is so much more sluggish on a gamepad/XIM.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

Do people use Xims?

Yes. You can usually tell too.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Wheeee posted:

Eververse rolls over this Dec 5 reset?

Yes, as the expac is lined up with the weekly Tuesday reset. Keep in mind the next stock is season 2, so don't expect something you wanted that you missed out on previously.

Regarding the expac, I hope I get a singular new thing out of this hoard...Keeping expectations low.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

EVIL Gibson posted:

If you use DIM like someone already mentioned type in the search box "dupe" and select from the drop down "is:dupelower". What will happen is magic as it will highlight every weapon that you have a dupe of except(!) your highest level one.

Shard all of lower power level but not before seeing if you can infuse another weapon of the same type.

For example; if you have a MIDA scout level 299 and one level 290, check to see if any of your other scout are not at least 290 like your Nameless Midnight.

I did this so I could have kinetic nameless midnight along with my mananannananannanan in my energy slot so I could do explode on hits 24/7 .
I only JUST discovered the is:dupelower setting the other day. It's great :circlefap: Shame my inventory space keeps shrinking even with deciding 'Okay, maybe I don't NEED three sunshots and three better devils. I'm keeping three Skyburners though!'

I loving love the Skyburner. It's ADS damage buff is actually surprisingly high in spite of the PvE damage nerf to energy weapons. Does more damage per headclick than my MIDA, and more damage by far than my other energy scouts, with an incredibly generous falloff compared to stuff that lists the same range stat. "Tone Patrol is kind of cool-oh it's dealing less damage from distance already? Huh."

Along those lines, I found myself having better luck in PvE with regular scout rifles over the explosive bullet ones. Until I realized the real draw.

Where the explosive bullet scouts really shine for me isn't "Oh, the explosive damage has no falloff!", considering I still see same/better damage on headshots with practically any other scout. Whether it's comparing my other kinetics to the Nameless Midnight. Or picking any energy scout out of a hat compared to explosive energy scouts.

It's the fact their body shots deal nearly twice as much damage compared to other scouts :v: One weird trick drones with no critical hit spot hate.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 4, 2017

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

treizebee posted:

Yes, as the expac is lined up with the weekly Tuesday reset. Keep in mind the next stock is season 2, so don't expect something you wanted that you missed out on previously.

Regarding the expac, I hope I get a singular new thing out of this hoard...Keeping expectations low.

you’re gonna get nothing new because engram contents are determined when they drop sorry pal

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Then you're gonna have to really git gud son so you can solo the nightfall. Raid needs six people, flat.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Goddammit Cyrano you are my friend why do you do this to me.

Allow me to teach you the way of the Moana and how to play this drat game.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

treizebee posted:

Lol

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Legs Benedict posted:

you’re gonna get nothing new because engram contents are determined when they drop sorry pal

I'm hoping for season 1 stuff to be removed from brights and masterworks added to legendaries. Who knows how their loot table works with a new gear tier. :shrug:

I won't be disappointed either way, this game has already demeaned me enough

https://gfycat.com/LividFrightenedFly

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Cool DIM Tip for Destiny 2 - if you filter by :ispoop you can get a list of all your gear

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't know what this season stuff is all about. If I want the Ramen emote am I gonna have to buy some silver

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I reached power level 266 or so and my desire to keep going has dropped off a cliff now that blue stuff doesn't seem to drop above 260 to help me get more power anymore and most of the purple stuff I'm getting isn't over my current power. The fact that primary and secondary weapons are just the same thing except one does 10% less damage and sounds worse, and much of the interesting stuff including FPS staples like shotguns and sniper rifles are things you never get to use, really ruins the variety. The fact that shaders are one-use microtransaction bollocks makes me reluctant to ever use any of my shaders and enjoy the space barbie part of the game to its fullest. And it seems like it's all just repeating the same content from here, which isn't interesting without the aforementioned two things being motivating enough to carry it.

Oh well. hope it gets a lot better in expansions but I don't think I'm gonna be coming back to this once monster hunter comes out if it doesn't.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Heck yeah, monster hunter world.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Masterworks aren’t even going to be released until Dec 12th iirc

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Digirat posted:

The fact that shaders are one-use microtransaction bollocks makes me reluctant to ever use any of my shaders and enjoy the space barbie part of the game to its fullest.

don’t be a turd and just loving use them, the game loving dumps shaders on you like they’re going out of style

jesus christ

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Imagine a game where you got shaders or other color palette stuff and they were just there for you to use, forever

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

For real though, I'm not just mouthing off, Destiny 2's at its core a drat solid shooter, but it's got blatant microtransaction stuff stapled onto it with more effort put into trying to nudge people into buying more lootboxes (like through the hidden XP scaling system) than to the thought of including simple QoL features that even the most bold ripoff f2p games offer, like respec options or a barbershop. And people have literally played through six hours of campaign just to remake their characters because of the aforementioned lack of QoL stuff so nobody can honestly say there's no demand for it. I keep harping on that because it's silly as heck but also illustrates how half-baked and feature incomplete Destiny 2 can feel, in a nutshell. Which is also why there's a patch coming to add some QoL features back in, like a "guaranteed loot you don't have" consolation prize, which people had been waiting for.

The shaders thing is basically nothing when taken out of context but as a small part of a larger push to sell lootboxes, someone feeling grody about it, and that one feeling being just a small part of a growing sense of dissatisfaction and insulted intelligence isn't them "being a turd." I enjoy Destiny 2 enough, in admittedly super-casual chunks, to stick around but I don't feel the need to defend it either. It's lodged next to Dynasty Warriors in my "guilty pleasures, sometimes food" brainspace and that's fine.

As an aside, Zavala and Devrim need to have more convos, their patrol unlock dialogue was some pretty good lowkey character comedy. Also, it would be nice to just selectively be able to mute Asher Mir.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Solvent posted:

Hello, the wife and I would like to join Nerds of Prey.

Are there any specific hoops we have to jump through?

We sent requests.
I'm Solvent #17394493 and she's Bingles #17345892 if any of that helps.

Approved.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Xarbala posted:

For real though, I'm not just mouthing off, Destiny 2's at its core a drat solid shooter, but it's got blatant microtransaction stuff stapled onto it with more effort put into trying to nudge people into buying more lootboxes (like through the hidden XP scaling system) than to the thought of including simple QoL features that even the most bold ripoff f2p games offer, like respec options or a barbershop. And people have literally played through six hours of campaign just to remake their characters because of the aforementioned lack of QoL stuff so nobody can honestly say there's no demand for it. I keep harping on that because it's silly as heck but also illustrates how half-baked and feature incomplete Destiny 2 can feel, in a nutshell. Which is also why there's a patch coming to add some QoL features back in, like a "guaranteed loot you don't have" consolation prize, which people had been waiting for.

The shaders thing is basically nothing when taken out of context but as a small part of a larger push to sell lootboxes, someone feeling grody about it, and that one feeling being just a small part of a growing sense of dissatisfaction and insulted intelligence isn't them "being a turd." I enjoy Destiny 2 enough, in admittedly super-casual chunks, to stick around but I don't feel the need to defend it either. It's lodged next to Dynasty Warriors in my "guilty pleasures, sometimes food" brainspace and that's fine.

As an aside, Zavala and Devrim need to have more convos, their patrol unlock dialogue was some pretty good lowkey character comedy. Also, it would be nice to just selectively be able to mute Asher Mir.

Let's be real here, respeccing here would be not allocating skill points into something that's getting changed with a balance pass.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Xarbala posted:

When I'm not in PVP/raid my game volume is zero

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Let's be real here, respeccing here would be not allocating skill points into something that's getting changed with a balance pass.

You know what, you're right.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

This but actually.

My experience with matchmaking in these sorts of games is my friend and I always get somebody who speedruns the drat dungeons when we take a more relaxed pace.

Are people on the SA discord of the gotta go fast variety or is it likely we'll find some who are up for a stroll and shoot while we all voice chat about the special awfulness that is the office christmas party?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Nightfalls are timed so good luck with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
You can't really speedrun D2 dungeons though? It's always event - small run - event - small run - boss. The strikes are always hack this door, hold those waves off, etc. The pacing of strikes rests on how good your aim is, killing enemies instead of running past them.

Me and my irl mate run guided games all the time and literally never had a problem with that kind of player - and nightfall are the ones with timers on them. The three players have to stick together. You overstate the issue of speeding players quite a lot in my opinion.

• Locked thread