Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

spog posted:

I was actually referring to the pain of not being with them because the mother is better able to look after them.

Any decent father is going to hurt a lot to make that decision, but doing it for the kids is the right decision and he should remember that reasoning.
Mm, that's the other side of it, I suppose, yes.

In other news, gotta love country roads in December. This was washed literally two hours before this picture:

The littlest rally car. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Most of my '17 was spent recovering from being seriously ill this time last year, but its been a ever increasing flow of poo poo for those around me and for the world in general. I don't see '18 getting better.

Today was reasonable weather so I went out with the intention of running the A4 for a bit for some errands and to get it to 111,111 miles. Entirely lost track of time listening to music and flinging it round corners and was 25 over that by the time it occured to check, and the shopping was spread all over the boot of the car, but drat do I feel a bit better

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Getting old sucks. I have a serious shoulder issue, think it might be a torn rotator cuff, but I've never been in this much constant pain in my life before. It's unrelenting, and if I move my arm in the wrong position it goes to eleven to the point of making me nauseous.

Already had an x-ray which was negative, and now the VA can't get to me in a reasonable amount of time so I have to be approved to see an outside orthopedic, which in itself takes even more time. Pretty sure i'm gonna need surgery, but I needed it done like yesterday and this waiting around poo poo sucks donkey balls.

Good thing I don't have a brain tumor cuz I'd be loving dead by the time anyone got to me.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rhyno posted:

Spent the bulk of the day in Ohio helping Dad get his stuff together for winter. First up was 45 minutes clearing out his shed and then a solid hour of removing mouse poo poo (he's already bombed the shed for rodents). Sprayed a little Great Stuff to fill a few gaps and then loaded everything back inside, this time more organized and taking advantage of the rafters. Then we cleared out more of his crap from the garage and basically filled the shed. Swept out his garage and got it set up so his loaded trail and his suv could fit in there. Wrapped it up by rolling ym Miata up to the side of his house and strapping a cover to it for the winter. Sadly I forgot my battery tender at home 45 minutes away but I'll hook that up the next time I go there.

Got home and backed into the garage only to discover yet another new dent in the ms6's hide. This is starting to be a weekly thing no matter where I end up parking. It's really making me want to just forget a nice, newer car and grab a beat up Jeep or something.

This is why I drive a six year old Crown Vic. Having pride in my shiny new car isn't worth stressing over every little scratch or dent it could get.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Getting old sucks. I have a serious shoulder issue, think it might be a torn rotator cuff, but I've never been in this much constant pain in my life before. It's unrelenting, and if I move my arm in the wrong position it goes to eleven to the point of making me nauseous.

Already had an x-ray which was negative, and now the VA can't get to me in a reasonable amount of time so I have to be approved to see an outside orthopedic, which in itself takes even more time. Pretty sure i'm gonna need surgery, but I needed it done like yesterday and this waiting around poo poo sucks donkey balls.

Good thing I don't have a brain tumor cuz I'd be loving dead by the time anyone got to me.

I’ve got bursitis in both my shoulders, I know that agony well. Nothing like being woken up by pain to make your morning great...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Can anyone find a link to Sperglord Firecocks turbo nissan thread? I cant seem to find it, so maybe archives? Or if anyone remembers the thread vaguely well send a PM please?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cage posted:

Can anyone find a link to Sperglord Firecocks turbo nissan thread? I cant seem to find it, so maybe archives? Or if anyone remembers the thread vaguely well send a PM please?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683154

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Nice, thanks. And thanks Dagen H for the PM.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ferremit posted:

I’ve got bursitis in both my shoulders, I know that agony well. Nothing like being woken up by pain to make your morning great...

Oh god, sometimes I'll go to bed feeling ok and wake up in the middle of the night in agony. I've always been a side/stomach sleeper so it's been difficult, I've tried sleeping sitting up or on my back but I just can't do it :(

Isn't there treatment for bursitis? I can't imagine having to deal with this kind of pain for the rest of my life, I feel for you man.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I just bought a '95 miata m edition with a nice misfire off idle for $1200. Did I do good?

PS. It's a pile and I'm gonna make it an exocet.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

SPECTRUM :argh:

They scheduled the line replacement for... the day after Christmas at 8am, and strongly implied it was because that's when the landlord agreed to give them access. I know drat well the maintenance staff won't even be here (or will be too hungover). Landlord said "what? they never called us". They'd never communicated the date to me either. But that was from an off-shore call center.

Just called Spectrum again... got a US based call center this time. They had scheduled a goddamned pole tech. They got me in touch with dispatch, who rescheduled it for a regular tech once I told them it's just the line the dmarc to the interior, not from the pole. They confirmed they hadn't contacted the property management, as they thought they were running a new line to the dmarc, not a line from the dmarc to my apartment.

So hopefully tomorrow I'll have solid internet again...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BloodBag posted:

I just bought a '95 miata m edition with a nice misfire off idle for $1200. Did I do good?

PS. It's a pile and I'm gonna make it an exocet.

Beautiful buy. Well done. Give it a big turbo, whether in Miata or Exocet form.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Seminal Flu posted:

Beautiful buy. Well done. Give it a big turbo, whether in Miata or Exocet form.

Scratch that, $1,100! and I've waited 11 years to have a little stupid fun car like this. SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Kit car sounds like a cool idea, but do you have options other than the Exocet? They're not much of a looker.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

BloodBag posted:

Scratch that, $1,100! and I've waited 11 years to have a little stupid fun car like this. SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

https://blog.caranddriver.com/you-can-now-hellcat-whatever-you-want-with-mopars-707-hp-hellcrate-engine/?src=socialflowFB&mag=cdb&dom=fb

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

:perfect:

E: at my size, I'm amazed I fit into this car as well as I do. I guess the tired driver's seat has something to do with it because when I drove NB and NC miatas I sat way too high. This one is really comfy.

E2: This is the happiest I've been in years. This car saved my life, because I really did want to kill myself before this. I had nothing to look forward to, nothing to work on, just waiting to die. Thank you little purple Miata, you saved my life :3:

Driving around in this little thing was so fun!

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 4, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just bought me a newfangled "AirFryer." It was nearly free after using the rewards from our wedding bands!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Someone's gonna throw one of these in an FRS/BRZ/86 and holy poo poo I can't wait to watch.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

InitialDave posted:

Kit car sounds like a cool idea, but do you have options other than the Exocet? They're not much of a looker.

i'm a bit more partial to this one

https://www.flyinmiata.com/catfish/

but i still think i'd go with a exocet

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

Just bought me a newfangled "AirFryer." It was nearly free after using the rewards from our wedding bands!
Lets hear how it is after you use it a couple times. I've been thinking of picking one up when they get a little cheaper than $40 or so.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

One of my friends has one of those. They are great for reheating pizza the day after. No oil, no mess.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
When will someone make a USDM car light as the Miata or MR-S that doesn't feel like a wobbly wet noodle? I bought a fully set up miata drove the piss out of it on track and felt like it just wasn't stiff enough even with good coilovers and a hard top. Spending several thousand on weight increasing bracing just seems silly. Trying to figure out a good sub 2500-lb track car and I feel like everyone screamed "miata is the answer" and I just felt underwhelmed. Power wasn't the issue either.

Considering an Integra GSR or a Focus SVT. Maybe this is a better inquiry for the track day / racing thread.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 4, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

puberty worked me over posted:

When will someone make a USDM car light as the Miata or MR-S that doesn't feel like a wobbly wet noodle? I bought a fully set up miata drove the piss out of it on track and felt like it just wasn't stiff enough even with good coilovers and a hard top. Spending several thousand on weight increasing bracing just seems silly. Trying to figure out a good sub 2500-lb track car and I feel like everyone screamed "miata is the answer" and I just felt underwhelmed. Power wasn't the issue either.

Considering an integra/civic coupe, maybe this is a better inquiry for the track day / racing thread.

Doesn't a Toyobaru fit the bill there?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I'll be probably getting one 5-6 years in the future when they reach maximum depreciation despite being ugly as sin. The issue with spending 10K+ on a track car is being afraid of break anything on it. From my conversations with other people at the track I'm not alone. Integra GSRs and Focus SVTs can be found for 5K in very very good condition often already with decent coilovers or cheap enough that dropping 1.5K on suspension isn't a big deal.

That said I mean the MR-S and the Miata are really 500+ lbs lighter than any of the cars I'm talking about. The real answer for a 150-170 HP light weight coupe is a Civic with a B18 swap or an Exocet. Though perhaps my obsession with weight savings is part of the problem. The mental feel of a 2200lb car vs a 2700lb car may really not be all that different.

....and a civic, integra GSR, or focus SVT aren't going to have an LSD like the FR-S. :sigh:

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 4, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

Lets hear how it is after you use it a couple times. I've been thinking of picking one up when they get a little cheaper than $40 or so.

We went with the Panasonic one as the brands with the digital gauges have terrible long term use reviews. This one has two knobs, temp and a timer. I'm gonna try some tempura coated chicken chunks on wednesday night.

You Am I posted:

One of my friends has one of those. They are great for reheating pizza the day after. No oil, no mess.

I saw that you can make friggin muffins in it. I'm intrigued.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So the socket/ratchet set I've spent over a week looking for...

Just happened to look at my PC. Guess what's sitting on top? :sigh:

Kinda like how I spent almost hour looking for my wallet today. It was sitting in plain sight, just not where I usually leave it (it was on the bathroom counter - I always leave it in the pants I wore the day before, or on the kitchen counter.. but I smoked some :420: last night and things got forgetful).

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Oh god, sometimes I'll go to bed feeling ok and wake up in the middle of the night in agony. I've always been a side/stomach sleeper so it's been difficult, I've tried sleeping sitting up or on my back but I just can't do it :(

Isn't there treatment for bursitis? I can't imagine having to deal with this kind of pain for the rest of my life, I feel for you man.

You can get cortisone injections in them but they hurt like someone’s stuck a soldering iron into your shoulder and wiggled it around even with a local, the pain lasts for about 3 days before subsiding to a dull agony for about two weeks (according to my old mans experience) and sometimes you go through all that pain and it doesn’t do poo poo (according to the mother in laws experience)

It’s a truly debilitating and depressing ailment cos you can’t DO anything. Wanna dig a hole? Can’t. Wanna lift something? Can’t. Wanna do gardening? Be careful how you reach or the little man with the nail gun will fire another framing nail into your shoulder...

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

The pain in my shoulder is literally worse than when I shot myself through the webbing of my thumb with a paslode framing nailer loaded with 3.06mm x 90mm galv nails.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ferremit posted:

It’s a truly debilitating and depressing ailment cos you can’t DO anything. Wanna dig a hole? Can’t. Wanna lift something? Can’t. Wanna do gardening? Be careful how you reach or the little man with the nail gun will fire another framing nail into your shoulder...

That pretty much describes mine to a T.

I'm just hoping it's a tear and can be fixed, I couldn't deal with bursitis on top of crohn's and arthritis I feel like this poo poo is piling on me :ohdear:

[e] from some reading it appears that bursitis is treatable with physical therapy rehab?

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Dec 4, 2017

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I've given up looking when I lose things like that, usually I end up finding it when I need it anyway. Like my moto key that I left hooked on a finger of my gloves instead of putting back on the keyring... Spent the weekend looking for it then found it while getting suited up for a ride anyway.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I wound up replacing an oxygen sensor with motherfucking pliers because I couldn't find this poo poo, and did my last oil change via vice grips on the drain plug. :argh:

At least now I just need to get a wobble joint to pull the intake manifold, instead of buying another socket set. And now I can go back and properly tighten the new O2 sensor.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Dec 4, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
2017 can suck a fat one.

Apart from a series of personal problems, the Cheeto-in-Chief is encouraging literal Nazis and pedos on one side of the globe, a fat man with a tiny cock might blow up the other side.

And in the middle, a bunch of old people with great pensions are ruining any financial future I might have and making my once great nation look a laughing stock.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Kinda like how I spent almost hour looking for my wallet today. It was sitting in plain sight, just not where I usually leave it (it was on the bathroom counter - I always leave it in the pants I wore the day before, or on the kitchen counter.. but I smoked some :420: last night and things got forgetful).

I can never find my Craftsman 10mm wrench when I need it.

Every time I open my desk drawer, I find it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Yeah sorry but America's a loving laughing stock at this point, no matter how much we gently caress up you guys keep stealing the limelight. I figure May could start shooting her MPs and America would still outshine us.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fermented Tinal posted:

I can never find my Craftsman 10mm wrench when I need it.

Every time I open my desk drawer, I find it.

10mm has a special exemption. :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BloodBag posted:

E2: This is the happiest I've been in years. This car saved my life, because I really did want to kill myself before this. I had nothing to look forward to, nothing to work on, just waiting to die. Thank you little purple Miata, you saved my life :3:

Driving around in this little thing was so fun!

Bruv :glomp:

And I keep looking at MR2 Spyders, they're cheap these days and supposedly fun? Pre-2003 ones burned oil though so it'd sit well with my other Toyota.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Bruv :glomp:

And I keep looking at MR2 Spyders, they're cheap these days and supposedly fun? Pre-2003 ones burned oil though so it'd sit well with my other Toyota.
DannyDC2 borrowed a K20-swapped one for a few days, looked like an interesting prospect.

https://youtu.be/1Zk9yuWMNLk

https://youtu.be/H-EDY4H8MOQ

https://youtu.be/IFZ5-3VQ31I

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Rhyno posted:

We went with the Panasonic one as the brands with the digital gauges have terrible long term use reviews. This one has two knobs, temp and a timer. I'm gonna try some tempura coated chicken chunks on wednesday night.

I saw that you can make friggin muffins in it. I'm intrigued.

Just a quick glance at a philips page for one... It's basically a small convection oven that won't get quite as hot and has much smaller capacity? Also, LOL at the gordon ramsey promo.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I wound up replacing an oxygen sensor with motherfucking pliers because I couldn't find this poo poo, and did my last oil change via vice grips on the drain plug. :argh:

At least now I just need to get a wobble joint to pull the intake manifold, instead of buying another socket set. And now I can go back and properly tighten the new O2 sensor.

You're the PO everyone dreads :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Ferremit posted:

The pain in my shoulder is literally worse than when I shot myself through the webbing of my thumb whammerith a paslode framing nailer loaded with 3.06mm x 90mm galv nails.

My old man managed to do that with a hammer and fencing staple. Nailed himself to a fence half way up a mountain, working by himself trying to get a fence finished before Christmas. Of course he threw the hammer away out of reach as soon as he done it, so he couldn’t pull the nail out.

Thankfully some walkers noticed the shouting man bleeding all over the snow and passed him his hammer.... he still finished the fence before he went home.

• Locked thread