Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Just make them all monthly rewards then. Especially since JP got all the radar dragons as their monthly, just sub them all out for one of each color of numberdragoncaller in the same spots.

I mean otoh I guess it doesn't matter since we're about to get dragonbound rem and the meta's gonna shift to li-inherit glass cannon leads anyways, Diara and arguably Wallace are the only ones you'd actually use as leads, and YY's the only one of the gentlemen people should be making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I mean otoh I guess it doesn't matter since we're about to get dragonbound rem and the meta's gonna shift to li-inherit glass cannon leads anyways,

You always act as if everybody is like you and is always chasing the latest hotness, considering everything else below them.

It's just a lot of "You should do this, you should do that, roll for this, roll for that" bullshit. Newsflash: Some people are perfectly fine to play with what they got, and some others play with what they like, even if it's not meta. (You would be surprised at what my highest lvl friend uses, certainly you would never touch those mons).

Anyways, about half of my JP friend list are non-Li leads, and the other half may use her or may not. Most popular lead in my JP friend list: D.Athena (three times as popular as the next). How's that for a meta change?

trucutru fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 4, 2017

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Also, I sorta want to use new XM...

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

trucutru posted:

Anyways, about half of my JP friend list are non-Li leads, and the other half may use her or may not. Most popular lead in my JP friend list: D.Athena (three times as popular as the next). How's that for a meta change?

well that's mostly because we're strictly in the "teams get stronger" phase of the power growth game. dungeons are not actually getting any harder. the only dungeon that's even remotely difficult for a good team is alt arena, and it's many many times harder than anything else so most people just ignore it.

so yeah year old leaders are still doing fine.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

well that's mostly because we're strictly in the "teams get stronger" phase of the power growth game. dungeons are not actually getting any harder. the only dungeon that's even remotely difficult for a good team is alt arena, and it's many many times harder than anything else so most people just ignore it.

Well, yes, no need to bring out the big guns for 99.99% of the content, and not everybody plays the remaining 00.01% so, yeah, you see mostly old low-effort leaders. Alt-arena is in some way similar to arena3 in that when it came out most people didn't bother and just waited for the rising power creep tide to rise enough to trivialize it. And arena3 had better rewards (at the time) than alt-arena does now.

It's pretty easy to see when someone is using Li/Rii, for instance, you have Ilmina out so I'm pretty sure you're giving the leader change thing a try. But outside of you (and Anubis-havers) nobody else is really doing it right now in my list.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
also stalling for a gazillion turns waiting for rii to charge is boring and id rather spend that time doing something more wholesome like playing granblue fantasy

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Are there any good low effort leaders for tomorrow?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dual tardis is x100 for wood attribute whenever a skill is used and has a 1 turn cooldown active. you also get x4 hp and 3 team rcv awakenings per tardis

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

dual tardis is x100 for wood attribute whenever a skill is used and has a 1 turn cooldown active. you also get x4 hp and 3 team rcv awakenings per tardis

yeah but you have to use the actives

I like super zeus with all the triple killer subs where you just match three orbs and everything dies

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

na doesn't have that. using one active every turn is super low effort but you have a baseline x16 for trash floors too

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Zo posted:

This is what I don't get and what's made me a little disillusioned with the game. The monthly challenges are basically just busy work for the most part so it's pretty much farming killers in A3 I guess?

I asked the Reddit discord what I should be preparing for and it was multiplayer junk that I've no interest in or farming Norse rush for invades when that pops up.

Not exactly exciting stuff.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Rascyc posted:

This is what I don't get and what's made me a little disillusioned with the game. The monthly challenges are basically just busy work for the most part so it's pretty much farming killers in A3 I guess?

I asked the Reddit discord what I should be preparing for and it was multiplayer junk that I've no interest in or farming Norse rush for invades when that pops up.

uh what are you asking exactly? alt arena is plenty enough to keep even the biggest tryhards occupied.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rascyc posted:

The game, outside some C10 dungeons and the latest Arena, has been really easy for quite a while. GungHo has been having trouble designing fair but challenging dungeons (who can blame them? some stuff is to broken to balance) and finding new ways to create busy-work that seems worthwhile is hard.

Lvl 110 mons and the unholy amount of experience they need are the latest try but, honestly, having 20% better stats is not required. The only mons I have bothered to upgrade this way are Kushi and Anubis, because they carry teams. All the other mons I can upgrade haven't caught my atention.

Same with equipment evolutions, and special monsters like Rikuu (4015) who require a shitload of resources to get online: They have their uses, but you don't exactly need to bother.

So, basically, just take it easy and have fun dicking around. I have a really bitching Barbara team that I am clearing everything with, for instance. Alternatively just try to build a good alt-arena team, that thing is hard.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey! 14 rolls in the machine, all the stones I have saved for months, 14 5-star mons, six Shazels. This is such bullshit.

I think that has something like a 0.5% chance of happening. Yay me, I guess.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Dec 4, 2017

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

No. 6. Cool.
Shazel. gently caress.
Kulia. Meh. drat.
Nees. Meh.
Kiri. Ok cool.

Last roll!

Dark Ney. :megaman:

So uh... Were the odds of an Evo Ney like < 1%? Dark Ney seems not great as a lead. I'd put her on my anublos team as she's my first double 7c. Was hoping for Tadis though but at least I have a Diaochan.

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Dec 4, 2017

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
3 No 6
2 Kiri
Nees
Rii
Enra

Just missing Tadis from the "stuff I really wanted" pile. Could be worse, could be better.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

li, rathios, kiri, weld.

did i do good?

time go to pull on my mom's account and get her an ideal with the free roll.

e: mom pulled 1 of everything except ideal and tardis (lol is he really named tardis...) so that's a good haul.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 4, 2017

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Free roll: No. 6
Stone roll 1: No.6
Stone roll 2: Kulia
Dungeon reward roll: Kulia

Wow, what a REM.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
lick my balls

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Free roll: Kiri
Roll 1: Kiri
Roll 2: Shazel

Yep, that's pretty much in line with my expectations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Free rolls were Kulia and Rathios. Kinda nice of them to give you a free roll for what was essentially an A1 clear. I’m still pretty much done with the game. I’m not even logging in every day nowadays the month long quest poo poo just added more to the pile of rewards I’ll never get around using.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I only had 40 stones per account so I was just hoping to get kiri on my main (my alt has two tsubaki's so it's not a big deal if I don't roll her). haven't done the oneshot yet, but...

main: kiri, ideal (!!!), li (!!!), nees, kulia
alt: kulia, rathios, rathios, shazel, shazel

holy poo poo that luck on my main tho. first time I've ever rolled the big whale targetsfor a collab. guess it was sucking up all the luck from my alt

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

situation:

I've been DAthena'ing forever now and am bored of it. My main pulled a Yog a bit ago, which I'd love to switch to, but the alt did not. No Diablos on either so I can't do that, and stuff like Anubis/Anubis is too try-hard

Should I blow most of my stones in this event?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you have Anubis, all you need is Diablos friends.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Nosre posted:

situation:

I've been DAthena'ing forever now and am bored of it. My main pulled a Yog a bit ago, which I'd love to switch to, but the alt did not. No Diablos on either so I can't do that, and stuff like Anubis/Anubis is too try-hard

not many leaders in this one, so no.

if you really want to coop with your alt, you should have just made blue hunter on each account. or wait for a 10 stone GFE-only godfest.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I got Kulia on my main and Rathios on my alt.

What can I do with Rathios? My alt already has an Ilm that I can co-op with Ilmina on my main. I could make the assist evo and stick it someone for that team.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you have Anubis, all you need is Diablos friends.

Coopin' with myself, though

Zo posted:

if you really want to coop with your alt, you should have just made blue hunter on each account. or wait for a 10 stone GFE-only godfest.

Does BH do more than DAthena? I kinda forgot about him since everyone got it for free, but good call.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

his multiplier is a lot higher. if you're hitting his full activation, you should do more damage than dathena teams will with a dark prong

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Nosre posted:

situation:

Just run anubis/diablos like literally everyone in the world

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Free roll: No. 6
Stone roll: Weld

I'm okay with this, Weld can replace my Sun Quan and I can finally use Urd and Rozuel.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Weld, Ralthios, Kiri so far.

I am pretty hyped about all of them, tbh. Weld, I might throw onto Scheat for absurd fun. Ralthios can fit as an equip somewhere on my Ameno team. Kiri is awesome in and of herself.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
So for a Li what you're supposed to do is inherit her active onto Anubis (or whoever your best combo lead is) and then lead with a 7x6 board LS so you can swap over? Is there a good farmable 7x6 lead, or should I just be using uhhhh, this Shazel?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Main: Tardis, Need, Rathios, Weld, Kiri x3.
Alt: Li x2, Rathios x2, Kulia x2, No. 6, Shazel.

Happy enough.

delfin fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 4, 2017

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

So given my insane luck of drawing Dark Ney, I am trying to figure out which Evo to use. I am likely going to de-evolve her since the Dark/Dark form sucks. I will be using her for my Anublos team since I dont have Yog.

Currently my Anublos team is:

Anubis (Fujin) / Diaochan (R. Susano) / Ryune (Nene) / Saria (Indra) / Kush (??)

I have some other options:

- Haku(I have 3)
- Verdandi
- Urd
- Momiji
- Isis
- Revo Indra

I feel like I am all over the place with my Anubis team. Any tips?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

RoboCicero posted:

So for a Li what you're supposed to do is inherit her active onto Anubis (or whoever your best combo lead is) and then lead with a 7x6 board LS so you can swap over? Is there a good farmable 7x6 lead, or should I just be using uhhhh, this Shazel?

The best targets for Li are multicross leads like Rushana or Diara.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

RoboCicero posted:

That’s the general idea, yeah. Doesn’t necessarily have to be a combo lead, though - it also works well with cross-based leads like Paimon.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rolling li makes me hope acala's ults aren't too disappointing

I'm honestly not sure what to do with ideal tho. guess I could revamp my bhunter or rmyr teams around light stuff

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Main (So far, gonna get more stones and put about 15 more rolls or until Li) Includes 2 free rolls

Ideal
Shazel x5
Enra x5
Kiri x5
Weld x3
Kulia x4
Nees x2
Rathios
Tardis
No. 6

Alt:

No. 6
Shazel
Ideal
Kiri x2
Li

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
This machine is not worth 10 stones per roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
Yeah I don't think most of the things in here are all that great. My main did some pulls and managed to get Li and Ideal. Really would've liked a Tardis since I have zero diao chans on it. My alt just did a couple of rolls and managed to get a Tardis... That account already has 2 diao chans...