Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

CaptainPsyko posted:

FOO is stupid easy to gear and way way way way better than QGJ though. Like night and day.

I've got too many g8/9 that need pieces. Gotta figure out who to focus on. Thanks for the tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is there any Solo squads for tank raid yet? Is there a resource that shows the current best squads for each phase?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

UmOk posted:

Is there any Solo squads for tank raid yet? Is there a resource that shows the current best squads for each phase?

Sure, just put Captain Han in as Leader and follow up with Raid Han, ST Han, and Old Han, with Old Chewie as your fifth.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

mdemone posted:

I'm getting back into Rancor since my schedule hasn't permitted it lately.

Is one of the auto-ish teams: Zader (L), Jyn, Tarkin, TFP, and what else?

I use this + Thrawn. G11 Zader, Thrawn, TFP, G8 Tarkin and Jyn. Can full auto solo, but sometimes you need to babysit at the beginning of some phases.

Get that Thrawn next time :)

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

MichiganCubbie posted:

Sure, just put Captain Han in as Leader and follow up with Raid Han, ST Han, and Old Han, with Old Chewie as your fifth.

Gonna be a while for those 7 star Olds and Colds

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

UmOk posted:

Gonna be a while for those 7 star Olds and Colds

I was making a "Solo" joke, I don't think there are any single team that can fully solo yet, but I'm not up on the latest with like Nightsisters and other new characters.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Ackbar (L), CLS, Thrawn, BB8 and Assaj can do 33 million on hAAT according to a YT vid i saw, that i cannot find again.

He had GL12 CLS and Assaj, GL11 the rest iirc.
Assaj is the mvp with half the total damage done, due to her passive that ramps up as you kill enemies and the adds in the fight triggering the passive.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
More specifically, snAckbar/CLS/Thrawn/BB8 +1 can solo phases 3 and 4 along with anwywere from half to a third of P2. The plus one is either zeta Raid Han or zeta Asajj. With the latter being much faster and more reliable at the back end, and with Han offering much more control early in P3.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

MichiganCubbie posted:

I was making a "Solo" joke, I don't think there are any single team that can fully solo yet, but I'm not up on the latest with like Nightsisters and other new characters.

Nightsisters have a rough time on P1 unless you're going to forgo Talzin in favor of Acolyte. I think zAV(L), Talia, Zombie, Daka, Acolyte would be able to do some major damage. MT's dot mechanics just trigger GG way too much, unless you're comfortable with 3x green triangles at a time.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MichiganCubbie posted:

Ineptitude posted:

Ackbar (L), CLS, Thrawn, BB8 and Assaj can do 33 million on hAAT according to a YT vid i saw, that i cannot find again.

He had GL12 CLS and Assaj, GL11 the rest iirc.
Assaj is the mvp with half the total damage done, due to her passive that ramps up as you kill enemies and the adds in the fight triggering the passive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlgDKYa6kjI

I posted this in Discord -- if you have g10 droids or whatever they'll still chip away at HAAT, but these are the all-star comps:
HAAT Raid Comps:
P1: CLS, Han
Teebo, CLS, FOO, Barriss/Chirrut/Healer, OB/Bodhi
P2: Zader, Zid, Shaman, Phasma, Boba
Wiggs, CLS, Ezra, Leia
50% to raid clear: Ackbar, zAsajj, zzCLS, BB8, zThrawn
30%ish to raid clear: zzCLS (z but not required L), zHan, zThrawn, BB8, zR2
P3: Chirpa, Palp, Thrawn, Storm, RG (or Shore, or another tank: 2 to 2.7mil)
Thrawn, Shore, Tarkin, EP, CLS
Thrawn, Krennic, Tarkin, TFP, Shore
Resistance with R2
P4: Finn, Poe, RT, RP, BB8 (100% -- doing it with g10, g11, g10, g9, g11)
zCody, Echo, Fives, Clone Sergeant, Princess Leia (100%)
Rebels (50-75%)
Troopers (50ish?%)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlgDKYa6kjI

I posted this in Discord -- if you have g10 droids or whatever they'll still chip away at HAAT, but these are the all-star comps:
HAAT Raid Comps:
P1: CLS, Han
Teebo, CLS, FOO, Barriss/Chirrut/Healer, OB/Bodhi
P2: Zader, Zid, Shaman, Phasma, Boba
Wiggs, CLS, Ezra, Leia
50% to raid clear: Ackbar, zAsajj, zzCLS, BB8, zThrawn
30%ish to raid clear: zzCLS (z but not required L), zHan, zThrawn, BB8, zR2
P3: Chirpa, Palp, Thrawn, Storm, RG (or Shore, or another tank: 2 to 2.7mil)
Thrawn, Shore, Tarkin, EP, CLS
Thrawn, Krennic, Tarkin, TFP, Shore
Resistance with R2
P4: Finn, Poe, RT, RP, BB8 (100% -- doing it with g10, g11, g10, g9, g11)
zCody, Echo, Fives, Clone Sergeant, Princess Leia (100%)
Rebels (50-75%)
Troopers (50ish?%)

Additions/changes to this list that I’d make:

P1: CLS Alone can do 1-2m and retreat and repeat.
P2: Ewok Elder can replace Boba in Zader comp
Wiggs/CLS/Ezra Leia is way better in P4 - they’re squishy.
Resistance, by contrast, has access to cleanses and a heal and can cover most of P2 with BB8 and RP
And finally, the Ackbar squad can run zSolo instead of Ventress with comparable results.
P3:
It’s Thrawn Krennic Tarkin Jyn Shore. TFP is redundant with Krennic and doesn’t do enough to reduce TM.
P4:

It’s out of reach of everyone short term, but Starck Troopers can apparently full solo P4. So that’s a guildshop farm to look forward to for trooper enthusiasts.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Additions/changes to this list that I’d make:

P1: CLS Alone can do 1-2m and retreat and repeat.
P2: Ewok Elder can replace Boba in Zader comp
Wiggs/CLS/Ezra Leia is way better in P4 - they’re squishy.
Resistance, by contrast, has access to cleanses and a heal and can cover most of P2 with BB8 and RP
And finally, the Ackbar squad can run zSolo instead of Ventress with comparable results.
P3:
It’s Thrawn Krennic Tarkin Jyn Shore. TFP is redundant with Krennic and doesn’t do enough to reduce TM.
P4:

It’s out of reach of everyone short term, but Starck Troopers can apparently full solo P4. So that’s a guildshop farm to look forward to for trooper enthusiasts.

Yeah, I know CLS can do magical things, and people are welcome to run him over and over again, but I find that overly tedious. Do what you gotta do to clear HAAT though.

I mostly disagree with the P2/P4 swap. While Wiggs and such are better in P4 than P2, Resistance are so much better at P4 that they can clear the whole thing. Sure, a maxed Wiggs/CLS squad can do about half of P4, but Resistance do 30-50% in P2, while Rebels can still carry 20%ish in P2. Resistance, on the other hand, does 100% of P4 (with BB8). I think that without BB8, P2 is the right choice for them, but with BB8, there's just no contest.
Although, if you have CLS, Han, Thrawn, BB8, and R2, you should be trying to clear P3 and P4 in one go.

I went with the first two videos I could find online for grand maneuver and went with those. You are the imperial expert though. It sounds like CLS is a huge improvement over Jyn though.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

I went with the first two videos I could find online for grand maneuver and went with those. You are the imperial expert though. It sounds like CLS is a huge improvement over Jyn though.

It’s honestly somewhat of a push between CLS/Palp and Krennic/Jyn if Krennic is actually geared up and modded well (he hits like a goddamn truck). But you want one of those two combos, as both of them have, between them, Tenacity Down, a full TM Removal, and 3 empire specials.

The CLS/Palp variant is probably a bit better/faster, and a bit more accessible, but both are solid.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Don't forget the good ol CLS (L), Jyn, Old Ben, StHan, Chirrut for P3. It's actually better than Chirpatine if you don't have Thrawn, i do an average of 3 mil with those guys.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mister Blueberry posted:

Don't forget the good ol CLS (L), Jyn, Old Ben, StHan, Chirrut for P3. It's actually better than Chirpatine if you don't have Thrawn, i do an average of 3 mil with those guys.

There's also the impossible for new people to get comp: Teebo, Chaze, DN, Jyn.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

In case anyone didn't see it in Discord, here are the characters required for Rey's Journey.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/147608/reys-heros-journey-character-requirements

quote:

Rey (Scavenger)
Shards found in Light Side Battles 2-A, Dark Side Battles 5-D, and 7-B

Finn
Shards found in Cantina Battle 3-E, 5-C and Light Side Battles 7-A

BB-8
Shards found in “Pieces and Plans” special event (event runs12/8 – 12/16)

Veteran Smuggler Han Solo
Shards found in Cantina Battles 8-G

Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca
Shards found in Cantina Battles 8-F

No real surprises there, but yeah, that's not happening for me.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Looks like I'll get you next time, Rey, or maybe the time after, or perhaps the time after that, I don't really care that much.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Nipponophile posted:

Looks like I'll get you next time, Rey, or maybe the time after, or perhaps the time after that, I don't really care that much.

Yeah, I don't see myself wanting to farm Veteran Han and Veteran Chewie anytime soon.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Wonder how many players will be able to get her.

A lot of veterans could get CLS since he required a bunch of heroes that had at some point been meta or were meta when he arrived, and all 5 requirements were somewhat easy to get.

For Rey you need 2 hard mode only farms as well as 2 20-energy cantina farms that just recently got released.
I have gotten FOST and FOTP to 7* sporadically farming them since the previous BB8, but getting the veterans wouldn't have been possible even with 500 crystals on cantina energy a day.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I spent a bunch of crystals getting Han and Chewie to 5* in the hopes that new Rey would unlock at 5*. I think only the whaliest whales will be able to 7* two 16-energy cantina toons that have only been out for what, two weeks.

According to http://www.swgoh.life/panic.html, even with both now at 5* it will cost me 22,000 crystals to get them to 7* in time for Rey. No thanks!

Great marketing for the new movie though! 'Go gently caress Yourselves' - E.A.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

In case anyone didn't see it in Discord, here are the characters required for Rey's Journey.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/147608/reys-heros-journey-character-requirements

No real surprises there, but yeah, that's not happening for me.

lol, I'm really surprised they aren't requiring a millenium falcon.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Vulpes posted:

I spent a bunch of crystals getting Han and Chewie to 5* in the hopes that new Rey would unlock at 5*. I think only the whaliest whales will be able to 7* two 16-energy cantina toons that have only been out for what, two weeks.

According to http://www.swgoh.life/panic.html, even with both now at 5* it will cost me 22,000 crystals to get them to 7* in time for Rey. No thanks!

Great marketing for the new movie though! 'Go gently caress Yourselves' - E.A.

I can only assume she's going to be at least as powerful as CLS. Combine that with the fact that relatively few people are going to get her, I can see this being the straw that breaks the back of a lot of players.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

This is pretty blatant. Especially coming on the tails of EAs lootbox fiasco.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Double drops for 1 day haha

Vet Smuggler pack in store now. gently caress these guys

UmOk fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 7, 2017

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

looking forward to using double drops to get phoenix to 7 stars, maybe work a little on fun-as-hell nightsisters. farming van vewie is totally off the table. I don't think I even have any of the Rey's Journey characters unlocked.

im cute fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 7, 2017

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

im cute posted:

looking forward to using double drops to get phoenix to 7 stars, maybe work a little on fun-as-hell nightsisters. farming van vewie is totally off the table. I don't think I even have any of those characters unlocked.

Double drops for two days on only nodes for vets, finn, and rey

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

RC Cola posted:

Double drops for two days on only nodes for vets, finn, and rey

cool game for cool people

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I keep thinking no rational human would pay these awful prices for fractions of fractions of a character and then an astounded :starecat: at how much loving money this game still somehow makes off brokebrain gambling people.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Oh cool a new hero! Maybe I can unloc... bahahahahaha

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dely Apple posted:

I keep thinking no rational human would pay these awful prices for fractions of fractions of a character and then an astounded :starecat: at how much loving money this game still somehow makes off brokebrain gambling people.

Don't be like me. Enough math under your belt and gambling turns into expected values and you start calculating the expected investment and then :homebrew:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Am surprised there is no spammable shard pack for the veterans. The (really expensive) 50 shard per vet pack is a one-off, meaning anyone that won't be able to 7* with Cantina + pack wont do any of those options.
If they had had a 1299 crystal pack for vet shards then a lot more people would go for the combo pack.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

Am surprised there is no spammable shard pack for the veterans. The (really expensive) 50 shard per vet pack is a one-off, meaning anyone that won't be able to 7* with Cantina + pack wont do any of those options.
If they had had a 1299 crystal pack for vet shards then a lot more people would go for the combo pack.

Whales will just buy crystals instead and refresh the cantina nodes and the store. Doesn't matter a lot to them. People spent thousands of dollars on nightsisters, ofc they will cash up for a chance of getting Jedi Rey, especially if she's as powerful as CLS

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I definitely feel like they made Rey as exclusive as possible.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I definitely feel like they made Rey as exclusive as possible.

I'm not worried in the slightest to be honest as my arena shard is completely whale-free. No one is running nightsisters or KRU FO, just the classic f2p rex, titan or empire comps.
So i highly doubt a lot of them will be getting Rey this time around causing a big upset or anything.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
All I want for christmas is a whalefree shard a whalefree shard

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I have the Vets at 5 stars and Vet Han halfway to 6. Is 7 impossible in the time frame?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

UmOk posted:

I have the Vets at 5 stars and Vet Han halfway to 6. Is 7 impossible in the time frame?

http://www.swgoh.life/panic.html

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

I’m gonna assume 325 total shards needed.

If you spend 700 energy banking Cantina today and 700 on both double drop days, you should get ~80 shards.

That then gives you ~14 days to earn 225 shards. 5 refreshes per day of Cantina energy should bring in ~15 shards per day.

So if you can afford 700 crystals per day and are willing to buy the pack, you should be able to make it.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I wish I had a whale free shard. The double drops will help me get FOST to 5* and get a 5* BB8. FOST is a tough and my last FO farm. Welp. There is no way I'm going to get AARP Han and Chewie in only a few days and I really don't want to. I'd rather get a decent Empire trooper squad going.

Question time: I have a zeta ready to go and I'm unsure where to put it. I curently have zCLS (binds all things), zzR2, zRhan, and zKylo. I'm thinking either

zThrawn - either leader for TW or his unique for arena.
Zader - for HAAT
zMaul - for much better Sith Squad

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

MoraleHazard posted:

I wish I had a whale free shard. The double drops will help me get FOST to 5* and get a 5* BB8. FOST is a tough and my last FO farm. Welp. There is no way I'm going to get AARP Han and Chewie in only a few days and I really don't want to. I'd rather get a decent Empire trooper squad going.

Question time: I have a zeta ready to go and I'm unsure where to put it. I curently have zCLS (binds all things), zzR2, zRhan, and zKylo. I'm thinking either

zThrawn - either leader for TW or his unique for arena.
Zader - for HAAT
zMaul - for much better Sith Squad

Thoughts?

What's your arena squad? I'd say thrawn. His zeta helps with haat too