Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Mecole Hardman learning how to catch passes somewhere midseason has been quite advantageous; he was by far the worst dropsies offender.

and yet he is probably one of the more explosive players when he snags one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Run defense is a real strength and I would be willing to say we have a top 5 linebacker corps who are insane at edge to edge running, pass rush is generally solid, but pass defense can be questionable at times.

We can pass when we need to but because we have been able to run on literally everyone (except Auburn round 1) at will, and not to mention that every single one of our running backs would be starters in any team in the country, most of the games we have played have less than 20 passes total. Fromm can extend drives with his arm when called upon, and he has hit some beautiful mid-deep balls when the receivers don't drop them.

Fromm is good enough to punish a stacked box, I don't think he is gonna stand back there and carve up OU's bad secondary all game though.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Fromm is good enough to punish a stacked box, I don't think he is gonna stand back there and carve up OU's bad secondary all game though.

Probably not, but worst worst case he can run a bit; not like Mayfield or anything. I think UGA is good enough to win, but also I am conditioned to expect that we are going to get blown out because it is a big game.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Georgia's not gonna win. Anyone else in this dumb playoff can win but Georgia's not gonna win.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I am legit amazed we made the Fiesta Bowl and it's a good matchup to boot, I'm pumped

gently caress Alabama tho

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Mizzou is a fun matchup, but I wish it were A&M.

I hear they suck, so it'll be interesting to see in what manner they beat us.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Georgia's not gonna win. Anyone else in this dumb playoff can win but Georgia's not gonna win.

Probably should go ahead and forfeit.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Parking lot beers

Apropos, I went to the Penn State @ Maryland game two weeks ago, and Maryland's athletic department is so poor they have special dispensation to sell beer in the stadium (something I had though was prohibited uniformly in all NCAA games, but I guess not). The stadium as a whole was at least 50-50 Penn State Maryland, and by the late 3rd quarter, with Penn State up 40 points, the last remaining Maryland fans near us were getting more and more obnoxious. They were still drinking beer, and probably had been for like 6+ hours.

At one point, all the backups were in and the Maryland fans were shouting "KILL MCSORLEY" when the QB got tackled. My dad felt compelled to argue with them that Tommy Stevens was in, not Trace McSorley, and I was just thinking to myself "shut the gently caress up, dad, these people are drunk."

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Komet posted:

Maryland's athletic department is so poor they have special dispensation to sell beer in the stadium (something I had though was prohibited uniformly in all NCAA games, but I guess not).

This has been the case for a lot of smaller programs for years now. BG's had beer sales for at least 4-5 years.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Komet posted:

Apropos, I went to the Penn State @ Maryland game two weeks ago, and Maryland's athletic department is so poor they have special dispensation to sell beer in the stadium (something I had though was prohibited uniformly in all NCAA games, but I guess not).

It isn't banned by the NCAA at all. It is generally a conference or school decision. It's been becoming more common the past few years. I know WVU sells beer I their stadium now.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Memphis sells beer at the Liberty Bowl but it's an off-campus stadium.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

PostNouveau posted:

Mizzou is a fun matchup, but I wish it were A&M.

I hear they suck, so it'll be interesting to see in what manner they beat us.

Uh excuse me, we received 3 votes in last week's AP Poll. But really, we started the season 1-5 and, finished 7-5. If we win the Texas Bowl, we will be the second team to win 8 games in a season after starting 1-5.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You can have beer at the Kohl Center...

If you're in the luxury boxes :negative:

(Camp Randall is probably the same way too)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
There's no rule against beer sales at stadiums. It's becoming more common now. Also Maryland is hardly poor.

They raked in 94m in reported revenue in 2015-16. Big Ten Money y'all.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/GAFollowers/status/937506003331026945

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Not to get all Karl Marx in here but the "alcohol only in suites" thing is such classist bullshit. "The filthy cheap seat plebs can't have any alcohol lest they create a ruckus". Not realizing everybody is getting loaded in the parking lot or smuggling it in.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Go Dawgs

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

an adult beverage posted:

Memphis sells beer at the Liberty Bowl but it's an off-campus stadium.

It tends to be more common at the off campus stadiums, especially the ones that are shared with a NFL team (miss you, metrodome). I think the revenue potential there is such that it’s probaby going to be really widespread soon. Iowa has talked about doing it off and on for like a decade now.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Well their chances of winning may take a hit. Starting LB Natrez Patrick was arrested on drug related charges for the third time on Saturday night.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Manoueverable posted:

I am legit amazed we made the Fiesta Bowl and it's a good matchup to boot, I'm pumped

gently caress Alabama tho

Depending on how many free tickets get tossed my workplace's way I might go and mildly back the pac. Well I guess it's easy to cheer against Penn State so maybe not that mildly.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I find out thursday if I get orange bowl tickets. We put in our request to the school this morning.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Not to get all Karl Marx in here but the "alcohol only in suites" thing is such classist bullshit. "The filthy cheap seat plebs can't have any alcohol lest they create a ruckus". Not realizing everybody is getting loaded in the parking lot or smuggling it in.

I think it's more "they can get it catered in" more than anything.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

so turns out the girl who won the Dr Pepper chest pass competition is a University of Toledo student. neat :toot:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Oh god, people are trying to call it the "HokiePokey" bowl :cry:

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Crotch Bat posted:

There is only one acceptable time to do this and it's when Oregon State plays South Carolina.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Thats pretty good lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/GoArmyWestPoint/status/937698133777305600

Army continuing to be god tier of uniforms

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

There's no rule against beer sales at stadiums. It's becoming more common now. Also Maryland is hardly poor.

They raked in 94m in reported revenue in 2015-16. Big Ten Money y'all.

They've been selling beer in Ohio Stadium for a few years as well. Pretty decent selection even.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
This is always fun. This year's bowl gift list:

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Special-Content/2017/12/Bowl-gifts.aspx

Winners:
- Fiesta Bowl: PS4 PRO
- Peach Bowl: $300 Visa gift card + stuff
- Alamo Bowl: Amazon Echo + $175 Amazon gift card + stuff

Losers:
- AutoNation Cure Bowl: unbranded watch, backpack, some clothes
- New Era Pinstripe Bowl: variety of New Era poducts
- Liberty Bowl: ~$350 Bass Pro Shops shopping trip + lovely watch, nike shoes, sandals, backpack, and football.

The gift suite is ever present and a total tossup on the value.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

Uh excuse me, we received 3 votes in last week's AP Poll. But really, we started the season 1-5 and, finished 7-5. If we win the Texas Bowl, we will be the second team to win 8 games in a season after starting 1-5.

Oh yeah you'll probably beat us pretty soundly then

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

Winners:

Losers:
- Liberty Bowl: ~$350 Bass Pro Shops shopping trip + lovely watch, nike shoes, sandals, backpack, and football.

$350 at Bass Pro Shops can get you a gun, which can get you a PS4 PRO, Amazon Echo or whatever.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

Winners:

Losers:

Have they always had different prizes for winners/losers? I thought everyone got the same gift bag for making the bowl.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Have they always had different prizes for winners/losers? I thought everyone got the same gift bag for making the bowl.

It’s the same, “losers” just means those bowls have the shittiest gift package

Iowa State and Memphis are going to be extremely high on the list of schools with a high percentage of players who will be stoked about a bass pro shop shopping spree, I think you’re underrating that one

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

I'm talking about the good gifts and the bad, not actual winners/losers.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/baker_mayfield6/status/937553733373788160

I don't think Georgia fans should be feeding him.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

God knows what Lockheed Martin uses that bowl as cover for.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Komet posted:

Apropos, I went to the Penn State @ Maryland game two weeks ago, and Maryland's athletic department is so poor they have special dispensation to sell beer in the stadium (something I had though was prohibited uniformly in all NCAA games, but I guess not). The stadium as a whole was at least 50-50 Penn State Maryland, and by the late 3rd quarter, with Penn State up 40 points, the last remaining Maryland fans near us were getting more and more obnoxious. They were still drinking beer, and probably had been for like 6+ hours.

At one point, all the backups were in and the Maryland fans were shouting "KILL MCSORLEY" when the QB got tackled. My dad felt compelled to argue with them that Tommy Stevens was in, not Trace McSorley, and I was just thinking to myself "shut the gently caress up, dad, these people are drunk."

I always assumed PSU couldn't sell booze because of PA's insanely retarded liquor laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PostNouveau posted:

$350 at Bass Pro Shops can get you a gun, which can get you a PS4 PRO, Amazon Echo or whatever.

The value of the bass pro shops shopping spree is extremely context dependent. West or East Coast school? Probably pretty disappointing. Midwest or Southern school? There’s gonna be a whole bunch of dudes who are all about buying poo poo to kill forest creatures with.

• Locked thread