Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Blitz7x posted:

Wife Christmas gift ideas, what are we thinking boys

You, in a nicely wrapped box, buttass naked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Blitz7x posted:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

yuri on ice dakimakura

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Blitz7x posted:

My wife is easy to shop for because if she wants something she will just buy it herself or tell me exactly what she wants. Also she is fine if I never buy her jewelry because she's acknowledged that she would probably just lose it.

My wife is also a pain in the rear end to shop for because her schedule is always so packed and unpredictable that I can never surprise her with anything, or schedule anything spontaneous for us to do. She'll probably just see an event she wants to go to, tell me about it, and I'll buy tickets or whatever.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Had a good laugh seeing the headlines this morning that the Winklevoss twins are 'Bitcoin billionaires'. Seems to miss the point of having a lot of a made up, illiquid asset.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

soft/warm as gently caress slippers, a box full of stuff your spouse needs for a hobby they've always wanted to pursue/project they want to complete, Hitachi wand, a well-made/crafted thing they'll use everyday, a trip somewhere

another thing that works well is if you have the PDF-createry skills to get a book printed up about something. Doesn't run as much as you'd think and it's a tangible gift that can stick around for a long time

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

My girlfriend got a new car and a puppy a couple of weeks ago immediately after we returned from a 3 week vacation. She ain’t getting poo poo for Christmas. A Starbucks gift card. Maybe a nice sweater.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I got my gf that 7 in 1 slow cooker on cyber monday

hopefully she can also get rid of like 5 appliances. engineers like stuff like that.

also it makes yogurt!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

One of my housemates invested all his savings into bitcoins to fund his non-profit supplement business. Bay area life???

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

My girlfriend got a new car and a puppy a couple of weeks ago immediately after we returned from a 3 week vacation. She ain’t getting poo poo for Christmas. A Starbucks gift card. Maybe a nice sweater.

A kitten to be pals with the pup

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

3 DONG HORSE posted:

One of my housemates invested all his savings into bitcoins to fund his non-profit supplement business. Bay area life???

Lemme know how that housemate search goes in a few months when he's destitute.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
My wife and I haven't exchanged gifts on Christmas since we got married. Are we the weird ones?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I got my gf that 7 in 1 slow cooker on cyber monday

hopefully she can also get rid of like 5 appliances. engineers like stuff like that.

also it makes yogurt!

A slow cooker that makes yogurt?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Joey Freshwater posted:

A slow cooker that makes yogurt?

I assume its an Instant Pot, which is basically a magic pressure cooker

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

3 DONG HORSE posted:

A kitten to be pals with the pup

We already have a cat and an adult dog. That’s too many drat animals. And they also both hate the puppy. Hate.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
There was a goon in the bitcoin GBS thread that put his life savings into them like 5 years ago and everyone laughed at him for putting his whole retirement into the hands of buttcoins and I still think about him sometimes

Also 1ct white gold studs ordered for the mrs

Shhhhh Moissanite because diamonds are evil and you can't tell the difference unless a jeweler squints pretty hard

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Blitz7x posted:

There was a goon in the bitcoin GBS thread that put his life savings into them like 5 years ago and everyone laughed at him for putting his whole retirement into the hands of buttcoins and I still think about him sometimes

Shhhhh Moissanite because diamonds are evil and you can't tell the difference unless a jeweler squints pretty hard

I imagine he lost all of his bitcoins when MT Gox imploded

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Blitz7x posted:

Your wife is gonna know from your CC bill if you bought real diamonds.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Get a Sous Vide, it's loving great.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Current housing situation in Seattle:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

seiferguy posted:

In the business we call that a Handyman's Dream.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I got that instant pot too on cyber Monday and have made 3 things in it and all 3 have been incredible

- a simple ground beef chili
- tomato soup
- this recipe which you all must try, it’s so good
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/04/pressure-cooker-fast-and-easy-chicken-chile-verde-recipe.html

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Your wife is gonna know from your CC bill if you bought real diamonds.

Real ones would stress her out and take all the enjoyment out of the gift

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Welp, girlfriends been cheating on me

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Haha. Before the housing crash I took a look at a ~2000 sq ft house about 2 miles from where I currently live. The foundation was cracked and the entire house had a very noticable tilt to it, along with black mold.

They wanted $700k for it.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You deserve better, ditch her.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Athanatos posted:

Get a Sous Vide, it's loving great.

Get one of these if you don't have one. It's mindlessly easy to never gently caress up a cut of meat again and most of the time you'll be making things much more tender than you're used to.

Only downside is it takes longer to make stuff.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Lemme know how that housemate search goes in a few months when he's destitute.

Hopefully I won't be around to find out how this disaster ends. I'm pretty sure he has convinced the rest of the house to invest by now. Basically just waiting for the last approval steps for my full time remote, so I can bring all my monitors and junk to LA.

Moving back into my mom's and I'm excited about it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Time to ghost like Swayze.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I hate it when the banker takes more money than they should in Monopoly

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That sucks. Found out she was an Eli fan?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Blitz7x posted:

A friend-of-a-friends wife got mad at him because he bought her human-made diamonds instead of mined diamonds. Love must be paid for in blood, I suppose.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Man-made diamonds are way cooler. Literally humanity saying gently caress you nature, we can do it better

Also nobody died too I guess

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is it good or bad that one of my first thoughts is that at least I won't have to do anything with her stupid rear end family this Holidays

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Moissanite had a bad rep because they used to have a greenish-tinge but with advances in science the only way to tell em apart from diamonds is Moissanite don't have imperfections

Plus take the money you save from not giving money to de beers and throw it into savings for a happier marriage

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is it good or bad that one of my first thoughts is that at least I won't have to do anything with her stupid rear end family this Holidays

It's the best step in moving forward tbh

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

seiferguy posted:

San Francisco scoffs

Fire-gutted, 600-square-foot San Francisco home on the market for $799K
http://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/San-Francisco-fire-gutted-house-fixer-upper-12299857.php#photo-14404324

quote:

The Realtor selling a 600-square-foot, fire-ravaged cottage in San Francisco's Bernal Heights neighborhood isn't sugar-coating his listing.

"You have to sign a waiver of non-responsibility to get in there," says Jim Laufenberg of Coldwell Banker. "It's so bad you don't even want to walk in there. It's burned to no end. It's not salvageable."

In other words, 121 Gates is what's known in the real estate business as a "contractor's special" or a "major project" for an adventuresome buyer. It burned in a 2016 blaze.

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 4, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

drat, that sucks. How did you find out?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

seiferguy posted:

drat, that sucks. How did you find out?

She admitted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That sucks dude.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's perfectly reasonable. Focus on the good. Spend the money you were going to on xmas for her and take a vacation or blow out a strip club.

• Locked thread