Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

AnacondaHL posted:

*does a double-take at my bench* wait what Josh Gordon was actually targeted *11* times?!

This is going to be the greatest fantasy football playoffs ever

:smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I am so mad that I didn't get him in one of my leagues. I could use a WR2 that can score about 13 points in 1PPR.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

I am so mad that I didn't get him in one of my leagues. I could use a WR2 that can score about 13 points in 1PPR.

Still staring at Corey Davis hating myself so, so much.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Still staring at Corey Davis hating myself so, so much.

I actually have him in the league where I own Gordon.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Tired: Josh Gordon had 11 targets? Nice.

Wired: wait 4 catches on 11 targets what is Kizer doing

He'll be fine with all them ~air yards~. First game was a push on the start him or sit him out of the gate and it'll only get better from here.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm just really happy for him and I hope he tears poo poo up.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Have Ertz in my league where I'm #1 seed and had my bye this week.
Have Gronk in my other league where I'm #5 and am playing the #4 guy this week for the last playoff spot

Ugh

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Spoeank posted:

Tired: Josh Gordon had 11 targets? Nice.

Wired: wait 4 catches on 11 targets what is Kizer doing

He'll be fine with all them ~air yards~. First game was a push on the start him or sit him out of the gate and it'll only get better from here.

Kizer is horrendous, luckily he is on the Browns so no one blinks an eye at how bad he is

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

did you watch the [Raiders] game?

The answer to this question is always "yes," and I have the scars on my wrists to prove it.

There was a logic to my call: Carr doesn't do volume to his top-off speedsters (see: Cooper), and for some reason Carr seems to hate Roberts. So that just left the third WR on the field, which happened to be Holton even though Holton is a bad player.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 4, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hah! I watched it too, obviously.

As a dynasty owner of Jalen Richard I am extremely distraught at all the loving fumbles. I really want that kid to turn out great, but jesus man could he maybe stop muffing every punt return?

OTOH I'm pretty happy to see how Walford stepped up while Cook was out. 4 for 4 and 57. I even like saying Clive Walford's name.

Walford. Wallllll foooooorrd.

e.

Drunk Nerds posted:

and for some reason Carr seems to hate Roberts.

haha "for some reason"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Hah! I watched it too, obviously.

As a dynasty owner of Jalen Richard I am extremely distraught at all the loving fumbles. I really want that kid to turn out great, but jesus man could he maybe stop muffing every punt return?

OTOH I'm pretty happy to see how Walford stepped up while Cook was out. 4 for 4 and 57. I even like saying Clive Walford's name.

Walford. Wallllll foooooorrd.

He muffed three freaking punts. I hate being a Raider fan. Freaking yelling at the screen "JUST DON'T CATCH IT," and then watching him try to catch it and drop it again. Why?!

Clive Walford needs to be nicknamed "the Butler"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
.........Clive Walford you say?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

.........Clive Walford you say?

He could be the next ASJ

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
*drafts Zeke in the 2nd round*
Hmmm if I can go 2-4 during his suspension in the first six weeks, I'll be gtg in the second half and make the playoffs*
*goes 0-6 to start the season with Zeke playing and misses the playoffs by 1 game*

I loving hate fantasy football.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gorman Thomas posted:

*drafts Zeke in the 2nd round*
Hmmm if I can go 2-4 during his suspension in the first six weeks, I'll be gtg in the second half and make the playoffs*
*goes 0-6 to start the season with Zeke playing and misses the playoffs by 1 game*

I loving hate fantasy football.

Haha, that's hilariously brutal

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Gronk got suspended a game. Fuuuuckkk. Saw it coming too.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

pubic works project posted:

Gronk got suspended a game. Fuuuuckkk. Saw it coming too.

Well then, thanks for being an idiot, Gronk. That'll probably cost me one league.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
If anything that's light. gently caress you, Gronk.

He's been the only reliable part of my work-league team the last few weeks.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

He's going to appeal, but I doubt it gets waived.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

He deserves it. Sucks though.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
There may still be a chance it is downgraded to a fine after the appeal. Gronk doesn't have a history of these kind of hits and guys like Kiko Alonso and AJ Green didn't get suspended earlier in the year over their bullshit hits.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Tiptoes posted:

There may still be a chance it is downgraded to a fine after the appeal. Gronk doesn't have a history of these kind of hits and guys like Kiko Alonso and AJ Green didn't get suspended earlier in the year over their bullshit hits.

AJ was thrown out of the game though which was basically a suspension

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Tiptoes posted:

This was a worse play imo Shouldn't need a history for what he did to be a suspendable offence.

But you're right that the NFL's wheel of justice is totally unpredictable and inconsistent, so it's possible he ends up not missing time. I doubt it though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Alfalfa posted:

He also didn't concuss a dude, did he?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Alfalfa posted:

That was a ref call though. Green started a fight by grabbing a dude from behind and slamming him to the turf. 100% should've been suspended for that.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Inspector_666 posted:

He also didn't concuss a dude, did he?

Nope, only contused. :v:

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

13.5 games from Gronk is more than I hoped (assuming minimal snaps week 17). Glad I had Doyle stashed on my oversized bench.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Cool I'm going to miss the playoffs in my work league because the commish changed the tie-breaker from points for to head-to-head back in July without telling anyone.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Gorman Thomas posted:

Cool I'm going to miss the playoffs in my work league because the commish changed the tie-breaker from points for to head-to-head back in July without telling anyone.

If that was pre-draft and you don't check league settings before the draft, that's on you.

That said, it's a crappy change.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gorman Thomas posted:

Cool I'm going to miss the playoffs in my work league because the commish changed the tie-breaker from points

My leagues could change to head-to-head tb's, and even if I looked at the settings I would have not been able to perceive such a horrible, horrible change

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
It's under 90 minutes from gametime, when do we find out if AB84 is active?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
He’s active, fire up your ABs.

I’m only up by 4 with AB left to go against JUJU. Would’ve had to plug in Tyler Kroft if he sat.

So naturally Kroft will outscore AB and JUJU outscores AB by 5.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 5, 2017

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

pmchem posted:

If that was pre-draft and you don't check league settings before the draft, that's on you.

That said, it's a crappy change.

While you should check settings before drafting, that is a monumentally lovely thing for a commissioner to do without telling anyone. If I was in a league with a commissioner who did that, I wouldn't play in that league next year.

A commissioner in one of my leagues put a cap on # of transactions per week (at loving 4) this year without telling anyone, a setting that is pretty loving obscure so I didn't notice, but can have a huge impact on a given week. Unfortunately this is my BML and I will not be playing in this league next year.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Gronk :mad:

I have Cameron Brate on my bench. Anybody on this list worth going for instead?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Brate is fine when it's Jameis throwing.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

MrSargent posted:

While you should check settings before drafting, that is a monumentally lovely thing for a commissioner to do without telling anyone. If I was in a league with a commissioner who did that, I wouldn't play in that league next year.

It’s really not a big deal and doesn’t affect your weekly strategy. Just sucks learning that this late in the season.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

He’s active, fire up your ABs.

ty

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

shyduck posted:

I have to fire up Ben Watson. :(

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

shyduck posted:

Eh, I dropped Brate for ASJ and now I'm wishing I hadn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

on the bored wop posted:

Eh, I dropped Brate for ASJ and now I'm wishing I hadn't.

That's the wrong *SJ friend.

• Locked thread