Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

I wonder what lengths the Soviets will go to to get Huhtasaari elected.

It looks like the soviets have chosen a different horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rappaport posted:

It looks like the soviets have chosen a different horse

Even Väyrynen looks disgusted to have to associate with Olavi Mäenpää :laffo:

e: Is Ligur banned or something?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: Is Ligur banned or something?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3767159&pagenumber=500&perpage=40#post476788086

Ligur and Hogge banned, thread becomes really bad. Probably because there's nobody to distract people from unironically responding to GP.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oof that's classic Goonhitler down-melting. Poor bugger did it in the wrong thread.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ligur got banned because the mods are still butthurt about Trump so they're extrasensitive about "racism" now

Hogge got banned for calling anime-people pedophiles in the wrong forum

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oof that's classic Goonhitler down-melting. Poor bugger did it in the wrong thread.

Next time you're thinking about buying a new avatar, buy ligur his account back instead

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Ligur got banned because the mods are still butthurt about Trump

There's no :rolleyes: big enough. Yeah sure that's why he got banned.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Ligur was banned a lot before too, this time it stuck for some reason. Maybe he reformed and is a leftist now, and too ashamed to post under his old name.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I got my first probe for calling Louis CK a rapist in PYF, it was, uh, ok I guess.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Darkest Auer posted:

Turns out labor costs go down when you don't have to pay anything to your employees. I'd rather pay a little more taxes and a little more for a kebab than live in a society that has slaves though.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

That's probably because you don't pay taxes.

Every "debate" in this thread in a nutshell really.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Because it seems like the vast majority of our labor regulations are designed with these in mind (for example, you should only do exactly what your work contract says, even if you're a typist hired in the 80s).

I was going to reply to the other horrible FYGM ideas in your post, but holy poo poo, are you seriously saying that an employee should submit to any arbitrary whim of the employer without question, no matter what?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Between the two of you it seems there is some hyperbole going on. :crossarms:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

doverhog posted:

Between the two of you it seems there is some hyperbole going on. :crossarms:

Well, this is D&D after all

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkest Auer posted:

I was going to reply to the other horrible FYGM ideas in your post, but holy poo poo, are you seriously saying that an employee should submit to any arbitrary whim of the employer without question, no matter what?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, because the only way to protect employees from that is with work contracts that specify every task you will do for the rest of your career.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost: exploitation of the work force leads inevitably to physical violence. We will see workers' rebellions and guillotined GERIATRIC PIRATES like no-one in 100-150 years.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

mieluummin alotettas huomenna

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

Seriouspost: exploitation of the work force leads inevitably to physical violence. We will see workers' rebellions and guillotined GERIATRIC PIRATES like no-one in 100-150 years.

Terrifying, this revolution just around the corner

Luckily I'm slightly-below-median income, so I'll probably survive

doverhog
May 31, 2013

It's not that simple, the workforce is always exploited, in any society we as humans have reached anyway. The question is what do they get in return. I count myself as a part of the work force, and if I'm payed enough to get booze, engage in frivolities, live comfortably, upgrade my electronics, it is gonna be a big loving leap to get me to physical violence.

And as to that, I advocate a perustulo, for the future more than the present.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

doverhog posted:

It's not that simple, the workforce is always exploited, in any society we as humans have reached anyway. The question is what do they get in return. I count myself as a part of the work force, and if I'm payed enough to get booze, engage in frivolities, live comfortably, upgrade my electronics, it is gonna be a big loving leap to get me to physical violence.

And as to that, I advocate a perustulo, for the future more than the present.

I hope they bring back gladiator fights instead. Or start livestreaming snägärijonos.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Luckily I'm slightly-below-median income, so I'll probably survive

So you're a lazy and not a very good at what you do :confused:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Ligur got banned because he got humiliated and laughed at every time he posted in this thread, so he increasingly posted in shall we say, more behaved sections of the forums where they take things a bit more seriously while also being able to feed his addinction of being called a Nazi. It a was a vicious circle and banning was inevitable once he strayed out of this nihilistic shitposting safe space.

Shame really, the English-speaking retarded right-wing congregates more and more on their own forums where I constantly get banned or like Twitter or some other character-limit poo poo where it is impossible to make an argument. Economics is such a vague and dry subject with so many variables, it just doesn't have the same panache as dumping on a lunatic screaming about how Donald Trump is actually really smart :(

DanTheFryingPan posted:

So you're a lazy and not a very good at what you do :confused:

It's called being a "temporarily embarassed millionnaire"

doverhog
May 31, 2013

You are some kind of fancy coder or such DCrawler? But IIRC you also support basic income, so ok, enjoy the monies. :)

This post was a reminder that GP agreed that we should have a basic income.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

DarkCrawler posted:

Shame really, the English-speaking retarded right-wing congregates more and more on their own forums where I constantly get banned or like Twitter or some other character-limit poo poo where it is impossible to make an argument. Economics is such a vague and dry subject with so many variables, it just doesn't have the same panache as dumping on a lunatic screaming about how Donald Trump is actually really smart :(

I haven't bothered to check myself, but rumour has it GBS has unironic Trump fans. Though venturing there to sate your mockery-lust might end up in a reverse-ligur where you get banned for pestering the locals.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Finnish Universities are really reaching out for the big guns in the race to get people to graduate

quote:

You may apply [for] support (1000€) for finishing your master's thesis, if:

- Your thesis's details are updated [in the IT systems]
- Your thesis will be ready by March 2018

Application is free-form. It should contain at least schedule to finish your thesis.
Remember to validate why your thesis should be supported.

Dean will choose 20 theses which will get the support.
The support will paid during December.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarkCrawler posted:

Ligur got banned because he got humiliated and laughed at every time he posted in this thread, so he increasingly posted in shall we say, more behaved sections of the forums where they take things a bit more seriously while also being able to feed his addinction of being called a Nazi. It a was a vicious circle and banning was inevitable once he strayed out of this nihilistic shitposting safe space.

It's called being a "temporarily embarassed millionnaire"

Ligur had been posting in EuroPol for ages, it was only after the Day of Trump that the mods became triggered by everything.

doverhog posted:

You are some kind of fancy coder or such DCrawler? But IIRC you also support basic income, so ok, enjoy the monies. :)

Basic income is too expensive right now. But a similar concept. Some sort of system that gives you better incentives to work.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Basic income is too expensive right now. But a similar concept. Some sort of system that gives you better incentives to work.

Ok? But we used no concrete numbers here, so you are posting this to make sure we know you don't support any leftist version of basic income, but rather a negative income tax, when they are the same thing with different branding. So, lol.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

I am a fancy coder when I graduate, now I am a fancy intern (paid though) who should probably really get around writing that oppari :effort:

Basic income is the only realistic way for the world to adjust into increasing automation without the guillotines swinging. Manual labor will more or less dissappear in my lifetime, at least in first world countries, and every work will be highly paid and educated people directing and designing machines to do it for them.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Ligur had been posting in EuroPol for ages, it was only after the Day of Trump that the mods became triggered by everything.

Nah he fell off the deep end, when he started more or less ignoring every post directed at him where he wasn't called a Nazi. You could write a thesis on the increasing incoherence. Maps pretty well with the increasing incoherence of the wider right-wing/conservative/nationalist parts of the Anglosphere internet, really, so I guess there kind of are multiple theses written about it.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 4, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Adaptabullshit posted:

Finnish Universities are really reaching out for the big guns in the race to get people to graduate

Man I should have sat on my thesis for a couple of months

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

doverhog posted:

Ok? But we used no concrete numbers here, so you are posting this to make sure we know you don't support any leftist version of basic income, but rather a negative income tax, when they are the same thing with different branding. So, lol.

Yeah we didn't use concrete numbers but most of the proposals I've seen (500-600 euros per month) are both a) too expensive to be applied to the entire population and b) too low for some people. My preference right now would be something similar to income limits for student benefits being applied to all benefits, except without any hard caps (so benefits decline linearly with income instead of totally after a threshold). In the end almost any program to encourage participation has basic income-like features, but I don't think our economy can afford a basic income where we pay everyone a certain amount per month right now.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Manual labor is going away if you only think about assembly lines in factories. For example construction and maintenance will still need to be done by people.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Darkest Auer posted:

Manual labor is going away if you only think about assembly lines in factories. For example construction and maintenance will still need to be done by people.

These can be automated eventually, 3d-printing entire houses is already feasible. There will still be jobs, but far fewer, just like today there's no need for ditch diggers the way there was in 1950s.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

A big one is bus drivers, truck drivers, etc. It's something that will be automated at some point and remove a shitton of jobs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

These can be automated eventually, 3d-printing entire houses is already feasible. There will still be jobs, but far fewer, just like today there's no need for ditch diggers the way there was in 1950s.

In Finland (as in many other places), the actual erection (which is what a 3D printer would be handling) is the most trivial part of making a house.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Kids and alpacas had to move out of the way of the Nazi independence day march that's happening Wednesday. Because of course.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

The danger comes from the anarchists tho.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Indeed. The adherents of noted non-violent ideology Nazism wouldn't harm a fly.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

throw to first drat IT posted:

The danger comes from the anarchists tho.

To be fair, alpaca bites can be dangerous.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Nenonen posted:

3d-printing entire houses is already feasible

No it's not, unless you believe those fake news from China. Building a house in a real country takes more than putting two (lovely, non-reinforced) concrete elements together.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Rexroom posted:

Kids and alpacas had to move out of the way of the Nazi independence day march that's happening Wednesday. Because of course.

Turns out that a yearly march that reserved first (by months) gets you dibs on the location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
Yeah no. The cops could order the nazis around pretty much as they please within reason. Oh and the cops decide what's reasonable.