Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So I got my copy of Necromunda as well as Gang War and the cards. Personally, I don't mind Gang War being seperate since all it does is provide a discounted board game version of the game for those who don't want to run campaigns.

Anyway, I spent yesterday assembling both gangs and I have to say that the quality of the sculpts is awesome. I am in love with the Escher double barreled shotgun.

My only question is what the hell is the bolter looking gun that the Goliaths get? Is that just a different version of the stub-cannon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I think you're looking at the rivet launcher, it's basically a NERF gun that throws hot metal rods into people.

One of the filler art pieces has a classic Rogue Trader era Guard helmet, they really put some love into this and I hope the Necromunda 8th Spiders actually make a comeback somehow.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

moths posted:

I think you're looking at the rivet launcher, it's basically a NERF gun that throws hot metal rods into people.

One of the filler art pieces has a classic Rogue Trader era Guard helmet, they really put some love into this and I hope the Necromunda 8th Spiders actually make a comeback somehow.

Mad Robot Miniatures, my bro.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The guy I spoke to said they don't want Guard in the underhive. It wouldn't make sense and it would break the aesthetic they're going for.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

moths posted:

I thought the rivet launcher was the two handed industrial looking tool. I'm referring to the over-under barreled bolter looking gun with the drum mag. It's being held in one hand and extended outward.

The one this guy has.

Also, as much as I really like the models for House Escher, is anyone else kind of disappointed that they obviously decided to go in a different design direction from the art they made for this game? All of the art for them has a kind of shamanistic native American/tribal aesthetic which looks really cool, but very little of it made it to the models themselves. The closest piece is the shotgun arm which has feathers on the shoulder.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I totally get how Necromunda needs to be its own district thing, but I'd love to see a return of the PDF defector, or Scavvies with ancient looted Guard gear from the Lost Cities.

If I wasn't up to my butt in Steel Legion, I'd be all in on these.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

jadebullet posted:

I thought the rivet launcher was the two handed industrial looking tool. I'm referring to the over-under barreled bolter looking gun with the drum mag. It's being held in one hand and extended outward.

The one this guy has.

Also, as much as I really like the models for House Escher, is anyone else kind of disappointed that they obviously decided to go in a different design direction from the art they made for this game? All of the art for them has a kind of shamanistic native American/tribal aesthetic which looks really cool, but very little of it made it to the models themselves. The closest piece is the shotgun arm which has feathers on the shoulder.

That's a shotgun, IIRC. Check his card.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

MasterSlowPoke posted:

That's a shotgun, IIRC. Check his card.

A combat shotgun, comes with different ammo from the regular one. By the way, is it just me or do the stick grenades look a bit silly on the front there? I've found they look better hanging from the belt loop on his back.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
But then they wouldn't be his huge dangling explosive testicles.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

That's cool, but man, I think ten dudes cost almost as much as two boxes of 30 original IG... (inflation notwithstanding, of course.)

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Anyone played enough Necromunda games of the 2d version to make comment or post a quick review?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Oh my god. I want this army so hard. I have like 8 RT Guard I use as a command squad.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Beerdeer posted:

Oh my god. I want this army so hard. I have like 8 RT Guard I use as a command squad.

If I were to pick these up I would probably stick them all in the eagle cuirass they used for the RT NCO/officers:

But for some absurd reason the eagle breastplates they sell are one-headed: :doh:
https://madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_14&products_id=153

More directly thread-related, multipiece van Saar bits:
https://madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_19&products_id=213

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Man, I wish the guard had human bombs again... though not in officer cuirass, wtf.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

JcDent posted:

Man, I wish the guard had human bombs again... though not in officer cuirass, wtf.

My guess is that GW doesn't want a feverishly religious military to have suicide bombers as a unit type.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

anti_strunt posted:

If I were to pick these up I would probably stick them all in the eagle cuirass they used for the RT NCO/officers:

But for some absurd reason the eagle breastplates they sell are one-headed: :doh:
https://madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_14&products_id=153

More directly thread-related, multipiece van Saar bits:
https://madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_19&products_id=213

Yeah, the one-headedness of the eagles have put me off a number of their bits. That being said, I understand why they aren't doing it (although I suppose you could call them Space Palaiologoi or Space Romonovs or something).

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 5, 2017

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Atlas Hugged posted:

My guess is that GW doesn't want a feverishly religious military to have suicide bombers as a unit type.
Why should a desire to avoid being seen as racist or tone-deaf start now? :downsrim:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It would be racist if only Tallarn would get them.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

JcDent posted:

It would be racist if only Tallarn would get them.

Make it so only Catachans get it just to through everyone for a loop.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Catachans used to get demo charges they'd throw and then go home because they were out of weapons.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Could anyone tell me the two codes on the Escher sprues. I got double of the one with the leader and I'm missing the other one. I'm pretty pissed. I just got done dealing with GW because my copy of Warhammer Quest was missing parts. I bought Necromunda through a retailer so hopefully GW will fix this.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Everyone used to get demo charges, IIRC.

Well, whatever, it's tone deaf, only a few people would tie it to Sino-Japanese War or that one piece of fluff about Eldar attacking an imperial research station instead of Taliban, and 40K TT isn't fun anyways.

To get back on track, I hope I can finish my Goliaths this week and then oath my Escher.

Also, we're pre-ordering Battle Companies, so you'll likely read me bitch about painting Haradrim and Easterlings some time next year.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Rhaegar posted:

Could anyone tell me the two codes on the Escher sprues. I got double of the one with the leader and I'm missing the other one. I'm pretty pissed. I just got done dealing with GW because my copy of Warhammer Quest was missing parts. I bought Necromunda through a retailer so hopefully GW will fix this.

There's only one sprue.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

There's only one sprue.

drat you quoted me before I could remove my stupidity. Glad I didn't send GW an email. In my defense I realised before reading this reply.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
From my experimentation thus far, every escher arm magnetizes well to every torso, including the two arm weapons, which is awesome. Excited to have a totally customized squad. Only one I'll glue i guess is the whip if i choose to use that.

The shape of the arm connection makes magnetizing goliath tricker as there's not a good plane of contact but we'll see. Probably just gonna glue them up per the starter so I can play something this weekend.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JcDent posted:

Giving suicide troops better armor than standard soldiers just so they can survive long enough to get close to the enemy is actually perfectly Imperial

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Conscripts being X-Com rookies carrying nothing but a det charge and orders to shove it down the throat of the nearest xeno scum is exactly what would want.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

JcDent posted:

In the old fluff, the Human Bombs were volunteers "guaranteed" eternal salvation and a seat at the right hand of the Emperor, along with sainthood, or whatever, so they were treated better. And, like Hustlin Floh wrote, you'd want to keep them alive long enough to make contact with the enemy.

Penal Legion with explosive bomb collars, on the other hand...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

berzerkmonkey posted:

In the old fluff, the Human Bombs were volunteers "guaranteed" eternal salvation and a seat at the right hand of the Emperor, along with sainthood, or whatever, so they were treated better. And, like Hustlin Floh wrote, you'd want to keep them alive long enough to make contact with the enemy.

Penal Legion with explosive bomb collars, on the other hand...

Those aren't weapons though (or they aren't offensive weapons, at least) they're tools of compliance.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

Those aren't weapons though (or they aren't offensive weapons, at least) they're tools of compliance.

Yep. That's my point. No armor for those dogs.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

To be fair, "I blow myself up for the Emperor" is pretty Imperial. Do it twice and sainthood is guaranteed.

Do it three times and you're the most eccentric living saint.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Ugh, I just don't know what to do with my Goliaths in regard to a paint scheme. I intend to play mainly Escher, but want both gangs painted up just in case.

Escher was easy, as I have had their scheme decided on since I saw the models, but I am struggling with planning my Goliaths. So far all I have come up with is painting them like heavily weathered clowns mixed with 1980s punks from movies, but I worry that that is a bit cliche.

Does anyone have any Goliath inspiration?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

jadebullet posted:

Ugh, I just don't know what to do with my Goliaths in regard to a paint scheme. I intend to play mainly Escher, but want both gangs painted up just in case.

Escher was easy, as I have had their scheme decided on since I saw the models, but I am struggling with planning my Goliaths. So far all I have come up with is painting them like heavily weathered clowns mixed with 1980s punks from movies, but I worry that that is a bit cliche.

Mine will all be painted like Ultimate Warrior.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Mine are kinda like they are in GW material. Same will go for Escher.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

bonds0097 posted:

From my experimentation thus far, every escher arm magnetizes well to every torso, including the two arm weapons, which is awesome. Excited to have a totally customized squad. Only one I'll glue i guess is the whip if i choose to use that.

The shape of the arm connection makes magnetizing goliath tricker as there's not a good plane of contact but we'll see. Probably just gonna glue them up per the starter so I can play something this weekend.

How are you doing? Small magnetic strips glued to joints?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Just go look at some Man'O'War album art for inspiration.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

jadebullet posted:

I'm going to paint my Escher like the Escher I painted in high school, which was pretty much the 90s box art but with blue where the yellow was, because I didn't want to buy yellow paint.

I'm considering painting my Goliaths as the Wrecking Crew with as much black and yellow caution stripes as I can fit. Maybe with some neon orange too. I swear I saw this in either some art or someone's painted gang but I didn't see it flipping through the new books or a quick Google search.

They're going to be a call back to an old Cyberpunk 2020 game we played back in the day. Our GM got tired of running that game so he party wiped us with a poser gang called The Wrecking Crew, who all had 4d6 armor piercing crowbars (our guns were less lethal), and they leveled our base of operations with a wrecking ball.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Shoehead posted:

How are you doing? Small magnetic strips glued to joints?

I use n52 1/16" magnets. These specifically.

Drill a hole, pop in some superglue and a tiny bit of green stuff and boom.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
My Esher are getting done in pink/blue 80's synthwave neon like that Irad Widows gang GW posted on the Necro FB page. Just finished doing all the pink on them as I type.

My Goliaths on the other hand are going for a nice industrial yellow/black/grey scheme, if I'm going to crack my problems with extremely bright colours with my gals, may as well get used to painting yellow with my Gols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So I am going with a Dia de Los Muerto theme for my Escher, and my decision to go with turquoise and pinks for the main color blocking of the armor has turned my test model into this gaudy neon clad ganger. So yeah, my Escher are going to be 90s as gently caress and I am happy about that.