Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

shiksa posted:

wait no way someone actually did the thing the steve jobs character on silicon valley did? oh my god.

he actually did it before silicon valley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fits my needs posted:

Okay your family’s not racist but your grandpa referred to his Indian son in law as a friend of the family for 20 years

:ok:

im sure he meant it in the nicest possible way

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

breaking our word to native groups is a longstanding proud american tradition. MAGA!

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

euphronius posted:

is it possible trump has schizophrenia ?

yes

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

dems on December 13th: "Well of course Doug Jones lost, he's a democrat in Alabama, we did everything right...stay the course!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

C-SPAM: Laissez's Faire one whiff and you're stiff!

hey I already said that :(

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

new kind of cat posted:

the worst cosplay

that one kid painted himself orange so it might be an amazing stealth burn

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Chokes McGee posted:

hey I already said that :(

welcome to the matriarchy

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

fits my needs posted:

Okay your family’s not racist but your grandpa referred to his Indian son in law as a friend of the family for 20 years

:ok:

i said they got it out of their systems, not that it wasn't there in the first place, by the end of my grandpa's life they were really good friends and he returned all the japanese artifacts he stole during ww2 to the families of their rightful owners with a big apology in person

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
“Not racist! Not racist!” I scream as I report my neighbors for the internment Camps.

“it’s actually about security” - Chuck Schumer, at some point

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

the bitcoin of weed posted:

mcmuffin absolutely would have been worse than trump, as a loving CIA spook

by this logic aitch dubs was worse than dubs jr :thunk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Nastier Nate posted:

dems on December 13th: "Well of course Doug Jones lost, he's a democrat in Alabama, we did everything right...stay the course!"

at the rate he's going they're not even going to be able to use the "moral victory" narrative

this is literally :cthulhu: vs. :geno: and the fact that the dems are getting beat so badly by a guy who put out four different press releases all saying different things at one point should be argument enough to disband the whole goddamn party

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Lucian_Kim/status/936947154165346304

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol that post was from like 80090 years ago

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

SpaceGoku posted:

if the senate had repealed the thing they meant to repeal corps could go considerably below 20% on any money they decided to bring back to the US

this is poo poo that will get fixed in conference, in theory, but we don't know if there's other unseen pitfalls in the bill waiting to be discovered that they don't realize is there because none of these dipshits read their own plan to pillage the nation's wealth so they can't even do this last great act of theft right when it's all they've practiced for over the past 40 years

The thing is they had removed the AMT on corps but that busted the budget. So they added the AMT back in but were too broke brained to realize that an AMT of 20% makes the 20% corporate rate + deductions worthless.

So if they fix this by removing or lowering the AMT again they break their bill and have to find more pay fors. Which means new bickering over who gets hosed to lower the corporate rate.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

who is this weirdo next to me, asks the president of the russian federation

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? cookies

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
so he's effectively destroying that national monument right? corps are going to gobble up all the land around it and nobody will bother visiting ever again

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3KP08H51x0

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GobiasIndustries posted:

so he's effectively destroying that national monument right? corps are going to gobble up all the land around it and nobody will bother visiting ever again

don't you mean revitalizing it with condos???

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

by this logic aitch dubs was worse than dubs jr :thunk:

junior wasn't a spook but everyone around him was

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MysteriousStranger posted:

The thing is they had removed the AMT on corps but that busted the budget. So they added the AMT back in but were too broke brained to realize that an AMT of 20% makes the 20% corporate rate + deductions worthless.

So if they fix this by removing or lowering the AMT again they break their bill and have to find more pay fors. Which means new bickering over who gets hosed to lower the corporate rate.

this bill was never going to be law so while it's embarrassing it won't ever happen

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

digging for oil in yellowstone, triggering the supervolcano and taking out the entire united states and the more racist parts of canada :pray:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MysteriousStranger posted:

do it you cowards. send the bill back to committee

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Dave posted:

i said they got it out of their systems, not that it wasn't there in the first place, by the end of my grandpa's life they were really good friends and he returned all the japanese artifacts he stole during ww2 to the families of their rightful owners with a big apology in person

woah, people are happy when they have their stolen poo poo given back to them? ya don’t say!

lmao no poo poo he became ‘good friends’ with his wives racist father. what else was he gonna do?

lmfao

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Yinlock posted:

that one kid painted himself orange so it might be an amazing stealth burn

kids are dumb as hell, i really doubt he's trying to be subversive

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

He thinks he just evicted Elizabeth Warren

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
trump has multiple personalities with a shared delusion of being the richest man, each with a different form of mental illness

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

GobiasIndustries posted:

it's still public land, the national monument designation just stopped people from riding atvs all over it, looting native cultural sites, and grazing cattle, not to mention freezing mining rights granted by the blm

all that land is now gonna get fully utilized bigly but it's still technically gonna be public

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

digging for oil in yellowstone, triggering the supervolcano and taking out the entire united states and the more racist parts of canada :pray:

we're saving the supervolcano plotline as a cliffhanger for the 2019 season

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

euphronius posted:

this bill was never going to be law so while it's embarrassing it won't ever happen

Oh it's loving hilarious that they math failed their way into actually raising corporate taxes because they rushed this thing through.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

SpaceGoku posted:

if the senate had repealed the thing they meant to repeal corps could go considerably below 20% on any money they decided to bring back to the US

this is poo poo that will get fixed in conference, in theory, but we don't know if there's other unseen pitfalls in the bill waiting to be discovered that they don't realize is there because none of these dipshits read their own plan to pillage the nation's wealth so they can't even do this last great act of theft right when it's all they've practiced for over the past 40 years

"Fixing" this in conference means the bill's cost goes up, though, and they're already right at the $1.5T cap. So they need to find some other pay-fors, which hypothetically could lose some support (lol it won't)

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

his fatness, his sheer girth, is remarkable

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Jesus never wished anyone a Merry Christmas.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
captain planet except piss, poo poo, and the dark triad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bert Roberge posted:

Mainers are dumb as hell.

Somalian refugees being moved to Lewiston broke a LOT of white guys brains.

Bar Harbor/Acadia is dope as hell

• Locked thread