Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

This is always fun. This year's bowl gift list:

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Special-Content/2017/12/Bowl-gifts.aspx

Winners:
- Fiesta Bowl: PS4 PRO
- Peach Bowl: $300 Visa gift card + stuff
- Alamo Bowl: Amazon Echo + $175 Amazon gift card + stuff

Losers:
- AutoNation Cure Bowl: unbranded watch, backpack, some clothes
- New Era Pinstripe Bowl: variety of New Era poducts
- Liberty Bowl: ~$350 Bass Pro Shops shopping trip + lovely watch, nike shoes, sandals, backpack, and football.

The gift suite is ever present and a total tossup on the value.

$350 at Bass Pro is pretty sweet, actually. It isn't like all they sell is guns and tree stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah but getting a free gun is awesome.

AsInHowe posted:

Sparty demonstrates a proven medical procedure from Michigan State's gymnastics team

:vince:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Lmao yeah Mark dantonio has never won anything of significance except for the conference titles and the majority of his rivalry games

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MyStereoHasMono posted:

On the subject of stadium beer - Ohio Stadium sells beer as of (I think) last year. The B1G Championship game, at the NFL Indianapolis Colts' Lucas Oil Stadium, however, did not.

Lucas Oil sells alcohol in the club level only for the Big 10 title game. Or at least that was the case in 2013 when I talked the doorman into letting me, a former Miss Nebraska, and her friend in without passes.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

$350 at Bass Pro is pretty sweet, actually. It isn't like all they sell is guns and tree stands.

Oh, I've been to Bass pro plenty of times. They've got hunting/fishing gear, clothes, and some recreational stuff. With ISU and Memphis being in the game, I'm sure some of it will appeal to the players. Mostly, I just wanted to make fun of the Liberty bowl.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Baker Mayfield, Bryce Love and Lamar Jackson are your Heisman finalists

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Mayfield is going to win with a historic landslide but I’m pleasantly surprised Love is there over Barkley and especially that Jackson made it. Jackson was as good or better this year as he was last and it felt like no one talked about him at all once it became clear the team wasn’t that great.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Penny :smith:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dango Bango posted:

Lucas Oil sells alcohol in the club level only for the Big 10 title game. Or at least that was the case in 2013 when I talked the doorman into letting me, a former Miss Nebraska, and her friend in without passes.

You dont have to lie to be cool, my man

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
A former miss Nebraska, she lives in Canada and you can’t meet her

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
She just got in a really bad car accident....now she’s got cancer....aaaaaand she’s dead. Sending some white lilies for her funeral though. RIP Lenay.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Oh sorry, I'm sure Jim Harbaugh being an idiot on twitter is much more serious than MSU football raping a ton of people while the university covered for a pedophile and no one was punished at all. Let's get back to the Penn State jokes ASAP

you are the maddest dude

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Oh sorry, I'm sure Jim Harbaugh being an idiot on twitter is much more serious than MSU football raping a ton of people while the university covered for a pedophile and no one was punished at all. Let's get back to the Penn State jokes ASAP

The longer Harbaugh is around the more like him you act.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Marquis de Pyro posted:

You know what, despite the Big Ten trying to give MSU, and the three late-addition eastern schools forced rivalries with each other, no team deserves its rival like Michigan State-Penn State.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

Mayfield is going to win with a historic landslide but I’m pleasantly surprised Love is there over Barkley and especially that Jackson made it. Jackson was as good or better this year as he was last and it felt like no one talked about him at all once it became clear the team wasn’t that great.

I feel like I frequently heard about Jackson but it was about as much as you said and for the reasons you said. Crazy year, lovely team, just super difficult to get a Heisman with that combo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Is that more or less serious than when Taylor Lewan threatened to rape a woman for reporting her own rape by his teammate and was allowed to continue playing with no punishment?

And would you say that university issue is comparable to say, two teammates reporting Lewan’s threatened retaliatory rape of the girl only to be ignored?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's almost like rape culture is horrifyingly ubiquitous across the country and especially in athletic programs!

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
The entire B1G is bad

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Y’all almost hired The Schiano so I don’t wanna hear it

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

HOW DARE YOU IMPUGN MY HILARIOUSLY THIN-SKINNED, AUTISTIC DEMIGOD

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LeeMajors posted:

HOW DARE YOU IMPUGN MY HILARIOUSLY THIN-SKINNED, AUTISTIC DEMIGOD

milk and salt, a truly disgusting combo

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

A former miss Nebraska, she lives in Canada and you can’t meet her

I dont know if this is a better story or the dude who said Baker Mayfield was his intermural QB and then he convinced him to try out for the real team.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sab0921 posted:

I dont know if this is a better story or the dude who said Baker Mayfield was his intermural QB and then he convinced him to try out for the real team.

Pretty sure the story was that Lincoln Riley was his intramural QB, and that seems pretty believable given the timeline

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Sab0921 posted:

Thought it was Lincoln Riley in that story? e;fb

MourningView posted:

Really good example of how much narrative and media coverage matters. I mean I knew Jackson was having another good year but with how lovely the team was I didn't hear much about him much this season and didn't realize it was that good.

That said, yeah Mayfield is gonna win in a mondo landslide and it won't even really be unfair.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Excited for Josh Allen to somehow still be a first rounder while everyone tells Jackson to move to WR

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dango Bango posted:

just noting this amazing humble-brag

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Jackson is probably going to be a really good QB in the NFL, from what little I saw of Louisville this year, he worked out of the pocket a lot and my god his arm...

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I convinced Tim tebow to accept jesus christ as his lord and savior... the rest is history

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

AsInHowe posted:

Sparty demonstrates a proven medical procedure from Michigan State's gymnastics team

i have not laughed this hard in a long time thank you

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I had a scantron for Ryan Mallet :cripes:

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

JesustheDarkLord posted:

The entire B1G is bad

the northwestern wildcat disagrees

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is that more or less serious than when Taylor Lewan threatened to rape a woman for reporting her own rape by his teammate and was allowed to continue playing with no punishment?

And would you say that university issue is comparable to say, two teammates reporting Lewan’s threatened retaliatory rape of the girl only to be ignored?

It's more serious, because the rapist ultimately got expelled, and everyone involved with trying to cover things up got fired. Because ultimately, that's how things are supposed to work.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Randaconda posted:

just noting this amazing humble-brag

Nothing humble about it :v:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Marquis de Pyro posted:

*jingles so many keys at you*

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

Excited for Josh Allen to somehow still be a first rounder while everyone tells Jackson to move to WR

The Statless Wonder

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/danWorthington/status/937872035157626881

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Emron posted:

*jingles so many keys at you*

lmao holy poo poo

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
That was the height of fashion, my friends.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:lol:ing so hard at "put these jeans on his legs"

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

That was the height of fashion, my friends.

Not in two-thousand-loving-three they weren't.

• Locked thread