Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seeing how the antifa/anarchists like beating up horses, it just wouldn't be safe leaving alpacas in Töölöntori

Cerebral Bore posted:

Indeed. The adherents of noted non-violent ideology Nazism wouldn't harm a fly.

Which small businesses will your lot be attacking this year in the name of fighting Nazism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Seeing how the antifa/anarchists like beating up horses, it just wouldn't be safe leaving alpacas in Töölöntori

You are the poo poo of the earth. HTH.

e: Anyway, you're not even Finnish so you should get the gently caress out.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
It's weird how Finland is simultaneously a more just and accepting country than Australia, but also way more into Nazis.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Good to have GP here to remind us of the crimes that really matter: Bricking windows.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I accidentally some sort of lasagnette instead of macaroni box and now my life is worse D-:

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Kids are a false flag, thank yle for uncovering this massive conspiracy to supress nazi rights

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Cerebral Bore posted:

Good to have GP here to remind us of the crimes that really matter: Bricking windows.

Only right-wing windows though. Bricking vok windows is a-ok!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DarkCrawler posted:

Only right-wing windows though. Bricking vok windows is a-ok!

Actually I think you'll find that any window that is bricked tomorrow magically transforms into the window of some long-suffering small business owner, and the onerous expense of replacing the (undoubtedly insured) window will be what pushes them into ruin and destroys the national economy.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cerebral Bore posted:

Hmm, let's see, on one hand, these Nazis (strange Nazis that have disawoved Nazism but are actually secret Nazis) attacking our way of life = having the wrong opinions and marching, occasionally beating up an anarchist. Antifa defending us against Nazis = attacking small businesses, throwing poo poo at a peaceful march, attacking a police horse

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Hmm, let's see, on one hand, these Nazis (strange Nazis that have disawoved Nazism but are actually secret Nazis) attacking our way of life = having the wrong opinions and marching, occasionally beating up an anarchist. Antifa defending us against Nazis = attacking small businesses, throwing poo poo at a peaceful march, attacking a police horse

Oh, hello Ligur. I was wondering where you went.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Cerebral Bore posted:

Actually I think you'll find that any window that is bricked tomorrow magically transforms into the window of some long-suffering small business owner, and the onerous expense of replacing the (undoubtedly insured) window will be what pushes them into ruin and destroys the national economy.

I didn't know insurance was free and vandalizing private or public property results in no one losing money or time. Thanks anarkomarkot!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/kokokansanpaavo/status/937998275264897024

:woop:

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

At least the ride will be fun.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Joukon jatkona kuin Ronkainen punakaartissa Väyrynen vaaleissa.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I'm doing it. I'm voting for Paavo.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Double Bill posted:

In shocking reveal, turns out that literally every Finn decided to ironically vote Paavo.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Double Bill posted:

Not an emptyquote.

Paavo as Ironic President is what this country deserves anyway.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
"Finland needs to start a new future" -Paavo Väyrynen, 71

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Won't somebody think of the poor petty bourg, nazis and cops??? :qq:

A tip, by the way, when you're whiteknighting nazis, you're not supposed to admit that the nazis are doing worse things than the anarkomarkot.

Darkest Auer posted:

I didn't know insurance was free and vandalizing private or public property results in no one losing money or time. Thanks anarkomarkot!

I'm sorry to say that you seem to have caught the absolute lack of perspective disease.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm sorry to say that you seem to have caught the absolute lack of perspective disease.

What is the anarchist/antifa perspective here? "Mä haluun vetää kiljuu ja rikkoo ja hakata kaikki"?

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkest Auer posted:

What is the anarchist/antifa perspective here? "Mä haluun vetää kiljuu ja rikkoo ja hakata kaikki"?

By attacking random shops, they are protecting us from the Nazis

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm sorry to inform you that the lack of all perspective disease has entered the terminal stage. We'll notify your next of kin.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
We're all just blind to the threat of the impending Nazi takeover

I saw a Nazi lurking around a corner just today :(

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Heil Trump, meil Väyrynen.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Darkest Auer posted:

päätellen näistä naurettavista tekosyistä, psykoosilääkkeiden puute tai vanhemmat jotka aina antoi lelun kun pikku-kalle teki itkupotkuraivarin

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

dude I've not been in the country that long and I've had many people tell me how awesome Australia's detention centres are. I've had people, unprompted, tell me how much they wish brown people would be refused entry into the country. They prefer normal people like me instead because I can integrate (I know 0 Finnish). I don't think I've seen an anti-Nazi sticker last longer than a day before it's slashed at. I know a meth head Soldier of Odin who participates in the dumbass street patrol poo poo. Anonymous social networks like jodel and whisper are full of whiny white supremacists.

I've even overheard dweeby, worthless Finnish dudes try to appeal to women by saying "Hey, at least I'm not one of those brown people." It doesn't work, because dweeby men are not particularly appealing, but they try.

Nazism is definitely a concern here and in most Western countries. It needs to be pushed back unless it spreads. It doesn't take much for a government to get reaaaally fascist and seriously harm minority groups. So yeah it sucks that one idiot broke some property somewhere, but using that to try and defend and normalise people who believe in ethnic cleansing is a pretty bad look.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krabboss posted:

dude I've not been in the country that long and I've had many people tell me how awesome Australia's detention centres are. I've had people, unprompted, tell me how much they wish brown people would be refused entry into the country. They prefer normal people like me instead because I can integrate (I know 0 Finnish). I don't think I've seen an anti-Nazi sticker last longer than a day before it's slashed at. I know a meth head Soldier of Odin who participates in the dumbass street patrol poo poo. Anonymous social networks like jodel and whisper are full of whiny white supremacists.

I've even overheard dweeby, worthless Finnish dudes try to appeal to women by saying "Hey, at least I'm not one of those brown people." It doesn't work, because dweeby men are not particularly appealing, but they try.

Nazism is definitely a concern here and in most Western countries. It needs to be pushed back unless it spreads. It doesn't take much for a government to get reaaaally fascist and seriously harm minority groups. So yeah it sucks that one idiot broke some property somewhere, but using that to try and defend and normalise people who believe in ethnic cleansing is a pretty bad look.

It's not one idiot, it's a group of idiots that does the same thing every year. And secondly, "yeah but Nazis" is not an excuse to attack random small businesses and government institutions that have nothing to do with Nazism, which is what these guys do every year. Just because they keep telling you how against Nazis they are doesn't mean that they are actually doing anything concrete or useful to stop far-right extremism in Finland.

And whenever an explicitly Nazi or far-right group like SVL does organize something that is actually explicitly far-right, it is easy enough to draw in thousands of peaceful counterprotestors (typically many times the size of the far-right rally) without bringing in the anarchist/antifa clowns. The antifa guys are the one who go and throw bricks at a rally where they basically just walk from Töölöntori to a cemetary carrying flags and torches. It's a march without any anti-immigration posters, chants, party symbols or whatever. Even if the guys organizing the thing are far-right, the anarchists end up being the ones to make themselves look like idiots by throwing bricks at grandmothers for marching with them.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Just consider why you have way more outrage about a window being broken than you do for white nationalism. I mean, you just mocked people who are critical of white nationalism by reducing a violent ideology to "having the wrong opinions." Somehow you consider "occasionally beating up an anarchist" to be a lesser crime than a rock thrown through a window.

Yeah it sucks for an innocent person to have their stuff destroyed and everybody would agree with you on that. You are definitely acting in bad faith when you express outrage though, because it's purely a means to discredit any group of people who would oppose white nationalism. This is really apparent because you keep pointing out that the poor nazis just want to march innocently and also they "disavowed nazism", so they're actually really cool.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
GP is the platonic ideal of petty bourginess, so do you really have to ask if he values property over people?

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krabboss posted:

Just consider why you have way more outrage about a window being broken than you do for white nationalism. I mean, you just mocked people who are critical of white nationalism by reducing a violent ideology to "having the wrong opinions." Somehow you consider "occasionally beating up an anarchist" to be a lesser crime than a rock thrown through a window.

Yeah it sucks for an innocent person to have their stuff destroyed and everybody would agree with you on that. You are definitely acting in bad faith when you express outrage though, because it's purely a means to discredit any group of people who would oppose white nationalism. This is really apparent because you keep pointing out that the poor nazis just want to march innocently and also they "disavowed nazism", so they're actually really cool.

You don't get to destroy random property just because you say you are against Nazis. It doesn't work like that. I can't go out and shoplift and then just tell the police I did it because I hate Nazis. It's like you're saying that they shouldn't be discredited for being violent idiots just because they also happen to oppose white nationalism. They are violent idiots, end of story. I'd be perfectly fine with them marching peacefully to show their beliefs (whatever they may be), just like I'm ok with the far-right doing so because we live in a country where people are free to express their political opinions. Once the far-right marches start randomly acting shops or migrants then maybe I'll consider them as bad. It's pretty incredible that the Suomi Ensin (who are basically the retard idiots of the far-right, which is saying a lot) camp managed to do less damage in a year while sharing a space with a Stop Deportations camp than these "antifacists" do in one night.

Of course I'm less outraged about the far-right beating up protestors on the far-left, these guys go and pick fights with each other all the time. These guys are the ones who support violent ideologies, they go out and fight and that's all fine, they know what they're getting into and it's pretty obvious both sides WANT to fight.

Random property damage or throwing bricks at a non-political march because it was organized by far-right guys is not ok, because you are harassing people who are not being violent in any way. If the counter-example was neo-Nazis harassing Paavo Arhinmäki (former leader of the Left Alliance who has led chants in a football stadium about dead police and participated in one of these anarchist "let's stick it to the man by smashing windows"-events), you'd be right to be outraged. Even though he has participated in a violent ideology, he has the right to not be harassed in his everyday life or when he is participating in non-violent political events.

Geriatric Pirate fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 5, 2017

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Funny, I can't make myself care about a few broken windows a year at all, yet GP's posts make it seem like they're really important :confused:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If a bricked window isn't the most important crime of the year, why do I keep insisting it is? :smugbert:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Krabboss posted:

The gears are already turning for nazis, or at least a faction of them. The lower courts have already declared "Pohjoismainen Vastarintaliike" as an illegal organization, but it still needs to go thru the other courts before it is enforced. Since the Finnish court system is notoriously slow, it might take years before that.

Does that mean we won't see "honorary Aryan" marches with their tiki torches in the near future? Somehow I doubt it. They'll just take away their organization, but they have their own networks anyway. But any official action is better than inaction.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, who cares about property damage and rocks thrown at grandmothers? the police should focus on real crimes like tackling internet hate crime (frog tweets)

-antifa, 2017

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Damage to property? That's barely even criminal. Thoughtcrime on the other hand, well, the CRIME in the name says it all.

-anarchists, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I know you're drunk from all that itsenäisyys skumppa, but do try to not attack strawmen all night.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

"Sure, I believe in a white ethnostate and wish to forcibly remove minority groups from the country, but what about those other guys? A couple of them destroyed a window that one time."

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Me: *posts about how left-wingers are more concerned about thoughtcrime and hate speech than violent crime*

Rexroom posted:

I know you're drunk from all that itsenäisyys skumppa, but do try to not attack strawmen all night.

Me: hmm yeah you might be correct, they don't really want to ban wrongthi..

Krabboss posted:

"Sure, I believe in a white ethnostate and wish to forcibly remove minority groups from the country, but what about those other guys? A couple of them destroyed a window that one time."

Oh, wait.

---

Now this part is for Krabboss specifically:
You don't seem to understand that in a country with freedom of speech and political expression, thinking the wrong things isn't a crime. Wanting a white ethnostate isn't a crime. Wanting something equally stupid like communism isn't a crime. It's basic political freedom. Burning cars (like the anarchists did last night) or throwing rocks at people who believe these things is a crime, it's equivalent to sending the police out to arrest people for advocating for harmful views, like extreme left-wing economic policies. Attacking the businesses of random people is even dumber and trying to defend it as some sort of minor harmless fun among all the good things that these antifa are doing is really retarded.