Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so if the effigy is casting them you dont need to reserve mana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

silvergoose posted:

loving rear end-rear end. Couldn't they have *mentioned* it? One fuckin daily away from getting zana to 8.

I mean it doesn't matter at all. But it matters.

Just get it in standard and at least the decos will be available in all future leagues

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

6x cursing with no other investment seems cool but losing all the survivability besides a fairly low ES score and also losing your 6 link on chest makes me think it might just be junk.

That being said I guess we are getting 6 links in every slot so who knows

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I think it'll depend on how fiddly it is to make everything stay cursed. Temp chains + enfeeble + endurance charges will go some way towards making up for the crappy defences, if you can make them stick. Bosses could be rough though.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

nightwisher posted:

Seems pretty simple to me:

Stick curse gems in chest
Use doedre's effigy (might be stationary, might be moving, effigy makes me think stationary)
Effigy has all curses linked as a blasphemy
the blasphemied gems ignore the usual curse limit.

Seems really neat.

Here's some:

How fast does the Effigy put up curses (instant or cast time per curse)?
Can you use the curses as Blasphemy yourself?
What's the mana cost of the Effigy?
Is there a cooldown on the Effigy?
Why are the curses supported by Blasphemy at all if Effigy has all the functionality already?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Ultima66 posted:

Here's some:

Why are the curses supported by Blasphemy at all if Effigy has all the functionality already?

I'm assuming the effigy is just a totem that will have the curses as an aura because of the blasphemy as opposed to casting them

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Ultima66 posted:

Here's some:

I read it as effigy acts like a totem and all the curses have the blasphemy+curses so cast time would be normal totem start up speed.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
watch the curses be spread out from the totem in a nova with only minimal overlap like the boss fights

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Actually the only relevant question:

Does Blasphemy from the chest gently caress up how curses support with Curse on Hit (in the way that something supported by 2 trigger gems is disabled completely)?

Cause I imagine the most practical use of this is to just shove your normal curse on hit setup into this chest as a support and just ignore having to pick up +curse limit gear. gently caress dropping a totem when you can Curse on Hit with an actual fast skill.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Developer update: Path of Nerfs

Splitting out Vulnerability into two different gems I can get behind. And maybe one of those days the lvl >90 xp bumps will actually affect me...yeah, probably not.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 5, 2017

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I'm with you on the xp stuff. 96 is probably the highest I've ever been so w/e

+1 barrage projectiles enchant is probably still going to be the most expensive one...

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I'm glad that there's finally a support gem that I can really build around.

e. wonder what the odds of me getting +2 on a spare tempest binding in the next few days is

so bad that it's not worth trying

e2. So far it's sounding like 3.1 is slayertown for sure, pending buffs to other characters.

e3. reading people bitch about the nerfs is making my day feel a lot better at least :unsmith:

vvvvv keep going vvvvvv

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 5, 2017

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I am waiting for the patch notes before I pass judgement but in general I am not a fan of the way GGG nerfs certain things into the ground while ignoring other things forever.

Also I am not a fan of how dudes who nolife it apparently have a gigantic say in how hard it should be to hit level 100.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public/news/2017-12-05/RoryNerf.gif Lol

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Drunk Badger posted:

I'm now thinking it might be more quality or quantity (fortune) in exchange for less or one portal (brave)?

I'm secretly hoping it has a pool of map mods, that it randomly blindly applies one of the below.

Ele Reflect
Phys Reflect
Cannot Leech
Cannot Regen
Minus max resists

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I love GGG's public relations philosphy.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I'm disappointed in how they're handling Acuities. Just granting the keystone most of the time is really lazy and makes a super-rare item irrelevant. Oh, well.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Rest in Peace going fast :smith:

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

whypick1 posted:

Developer update: Path of Nerfs

Splitting out Vulnerability into two different gems I can get behind. And maybe one of those days the lvl >90 xp bumps will actually affect me...yeah, probably not.

Nerfing Rise of the Phoenix is.... interesting

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

ShutteredIn posted:

Nerfing Rise of the Phoenix is.... interesting
it's a cunning plan to make more players actually level Leo

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Rest in piss selfcast dark pact.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

theshim posted:

it's a cunning plan to make more players actually level Leo

They lowered Leo dot mod to something dumb like 5%

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Before everyone starts getting too worked up, wait for the patch notes first.

As always, I'm keen to experiment in a new meta. Some really heavyhanded nerfs but bring it on, there'll always be super broken builds, just have to find them again :)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm glad the answer won't always be 'QotF with Barrage' as a default thing. I mean yes they're still very good, but they're no longer above everything good to the point where people are wondering why you aren't running it.

Also interesting how the Despair change also buffs Essence Drain by adding the lowered Chaos value. Should be pretty good with Occultist/Scion Occultist.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

It always sucks when they nerf budget options like Rise of the Phoenix. Making builds more expensive in general sucks - there are plenty of high end items to motivate players without taking away medium-good ones.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I mean QotF was crazy at 65k Evasion when I first tried it last race, so 45k being the 'cap' isn't so bad, but you'll definitely miss that extra ~45% movespeed when running around maps. Builds that went crazy on EV to abuse lab RIP I guess.

I was thinking of trying an AW Necro for Abyss, I've never played a Necro/summoner at all before. Unless they use MoM it looks like they escaped nerfs this time around, hopefully. Guess I'll know when I actually look for a build.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Infinite Karma posted:

It always sucks when they nerf budget options like Rise of the Phoenix. Making builds more expensive in general sucks - there are plenty of high end items to motivate players without taking away medium-good ones.

it's still good lol

the other option was make it a t2 unique and you'll never find it

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Could you make a bleed kinetic blast character?

e: seems like a very bad concept since the multiple explosions won't stack bleed multiple times

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 5, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

Could you make a bleed kinetic blast character?

I tried in mid Harbinger to math out a bleed based, pure phys wander and couldn't make the numbers add up at all.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

the other option was make it a t2 unique and you'll never find it
why is this the only other option

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Uhh did they not realize that selfcast Dark Pact was exclusively used by vaal pact berserkers? That's why the build was defensive. Without instant leech, selfcast Dark Pact is now very risky. Oh well, next balance patch they're probably going to increase the multiplier again and reduce the amount of life it uses per cast, to make it less risky but still do about the same damage.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
So since Vaal Pact was nerfed, how good is ele buzzsaw ST? Should I try a different variation? Or should I just give up and try some new build?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dismantletime did a regen based self cast dark pact build iirc and it seemed fine

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Awesome! posted:

why is this the only other option

It's too good, that's in the patchnotes lol

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Dizz posted:

So since Vaal Pact was nerfed, how good is ele buzzsaw ST? Should I try a different variation? Or should I just give up and try some new build?

Proving patch notes, it should be fine.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

It's too good, that's in the patchnotes lol

that doesnt mean your option is the only other possible one

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

McFrugal posted:

Uhh did they not realize that selfcast Dark Pact was exclusively used by vaal pact berserkers? That's why the build was defensive. Without instant leech, selfcast Dark Pact is now very risky. Oh well, next balance patch they're probably going to increase the multiplier again and reduce the amount of life it uses per cast, to make it less risky but still do about the same damage.

I've run DP on non-berserker VP characters, the sustain is fine. Might have a hard time with tanky bosses, but oh well, might have to use another skill for bosses like 90% of builds do :)

The changes to it just mean that it's more desirable to ping it off skeles, as it should have been in the first place. Just being a chaos flavoured ice nova was pretty silly for a "minion" skill.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
i feel like MoM didnt need to be nerfed lmao

although thats w/o knowing what they've done to enemy damage as a result of VP being nerfed

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I guess the 150 mana it added from the nodes behind it gave too much EHP at lower levels. When you look at it that way, a templar can take those nodes by like, level 20 and get a massive mana boost.

And I agree, we don't know how enemy balance has been affected by these big changes, so lets wait for patch notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Looks like archers are getting their own Lady of Justice:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/937860180787654656

(Screw you melee guys, you already have Ancestral Warchief)