Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

Not before me!

Now I've got a big old sock to empty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

I'll clear the dust and spiderwebs from my capes soon enough...

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

A good post Augster

How much work do you have to get that comp back apart from invention 120?

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

A few quests, all of the Arc and Menaphos, Raids & Telos, and a couple other miscellaneous things like finding Morytania plushies (????) and building memorials to the Myreque.

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

I don't feel like I need to play as much as before maxing but I think I want the master quest cape. Has anyone done it or have any advice? I've done all the quests and as far as I can see it's just a poo poo ton of random stuff. The biggest roadblock I can see is 117 dungeoneering which for some drat reason is in there.

e: Ok holy loving poo poo never mind there are about 800 million mini quests/post-quest tasks/journals to collect/random loving NPCs to do poo poo for and I'm not doing that woah nelly

Naan Bread fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 4, 2017

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Yeah master quest cape is like trimmed comp "lite"

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The only really bad part about MQC is grinding all the lore book drops. Last Riders and elite slayer mobs takes forever and is absolute misery.

The rest is just a bunch of post quest rewards you need to claim and some weird old poo poo, like feeding a monkey hundreds of bananas and looting a chest in a dungeon everybody forgot about.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I’m just waiting for the really poo poo iPhone version of the game so I can afk at work.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Subliminal Ninja posted:

I’m just waiting for the really poo poo iPhone version of the game so I can afk at work.

not an emptyquote

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I'm waiting for the command line version of the game so I can sperg while not looking at all the cosmetic furry bullshit.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

jiggerypokery posted:

I'm waiting for the command line version of the game so I can sperg while not looking at all the cosmetic furry bullshit.

ugh or all the wacky over-animated teleportation effects. I could deal with this

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Omnikin posted:

ugh or all the wacky over-animated teleportation effects. I could deal with this

the joke is on them, the animation slows down grinding.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

UnsubRedun here, playing RS again after a few months,

we still gettin' paid for capping at the citadel, because

if not whatever. was trying to work on Summoning but like 10 minutes after I started it we capped for the week lol

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Omnikin posted:

my teleport animations are great you're wrong

Kephael
Apr 2, 2016

jiggerypokery posted:

The CLI version already exists, just play the game via botting scripts you write in Java.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Is there a goonscape chat in OSRS? I read through the OP and didn't see anything about it

e:I joined the 2007scape reddit CC, and it was every bit as awful as you'd imagine. Please save me goons.

twice burned ice fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 5, 2017

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Join zchat. It's moderated well and there is absolutely no drugs or politics talk allowed.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
What if people talk about Rob Ford?

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Found a kyewt newt

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I'm happy that I can still check on this thread and still see pixelated man bodies in my honor.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

any of ya'll got 96+ in Construction

ya boy needs a marble magic wardrobe to help me tidy up my bank and none are selling on the GE even if I crank the price up to a mil lol

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

any of ya'll got 96+ in Construction

ya boy needs a marble magic wardrobe to help me tidy up my bank and none are selling on the GE even if I crank the price up to a mil lol

Sure, whats your in-game name?

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Sure, whats your in-game name?

thank you my friend, my ign is UnsubRedun, what's yours? I keep a look out for you

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

thank you my friend, my ign is UnsubRedun, what's yours? I keep a look out for you

It's Trold. I'll be on at about the same time as I posted last night, around 22:00-23:00 ingame time

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Friendship ended with Crabbe, now Morty is my best friend

:wooper:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I'm happy that I can still check on this thread and still see pixelated man bodies in my honor.

Well this will make you happy

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Killed by a crablet

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

twice burned ice posted:

Is there a goonscape chat in OSRS? I read through the OP and didn't see anything about it

e:I joined the 2007scape reddit CC, and it was every bit as awful as you'd imagine. Please save me goons.

i been hanging out in a fc i found at the ge spam called "fc" because im a noob and like to ask noob questions it seems like the place to be for that. as for rs3 invention machines are cool and so is divine o matic at cursed energy only takes 2mins to fill a charge up

i quit playing osrs now though because its community is much more annoying than rs3

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 1, 2018

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-tYcYJEknQ

Year ahead, lots of good stuff, but they haven't even started on bank rework yet

christ

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
what do you guys think of my new hair cut i also trimmed up my facial hair 2018 new me , lucky haircut

edit added abs

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 6, 2018

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Turmoilx posted:

what do you guys think of my new hair cut i also trimmed up my facial hair 2018 new me , lucky haircut

No jorts or visible abs. 2/10

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Subliminal Ninja posted:

No jorts or visible abs. 2/10

Abs or go home, Flex sends his regards

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

abs added.. and jorts? i think

penguin stuff seak help

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 6, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Welp I haven't played in ages, must have used some dumb spam throwaway email to sign up before because hosed if I know the info it seems. Oh well, I had like barely any levels to begin with. Am I too late for christmas fun?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

Welp I haven't played in ages, must have used some dumb spam throwaway email to sign up before because hosed if I know the info it seems. Oh well, I had like barely any levels to begin with. Am I too late for christmas fun?

Christmas event is removed on monday, so you still have sunday to complete it

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Invention machine profits

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B2CpQlVWeK2JNuPGvZpFitqvp6ihU3VMKGBmwVJgSC4/edit#gid=0

edit: alch profit is consistently way higher than that I believe.

jiggerypokery fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jan 9, 2018

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
This may be a stupid question, but i'm getting back into this game and i'm not sure what I should spend my money on?

I've got the minimum stats for all quests and invention and no interest in maxing, PvP, or expensive cosmetic items. I like the player economy and making money in this game but it feels a little hollow with no obvious carrot at the end of the stick. Around 100m right now.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Nonexistence posted:

This may be a stupid question, but i'm getting back into this game and i'm not sure what I should spend my money on?

I've got the minimum stats for all quests and invention and no interest in maxing, PvP, or expensive cosmetic items. I like the player economy and making money in this game but it feels a little hollow with no obvious carrot at the end of the stick. Around 100m right now.

Spend your in game money on extending your membership time instead of using real world money for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Building a solid collection of augmented t90's opens all kinds of interesting PVM content. Pick one (mage is great), get nox, t80 power armour (nex) and build the best set of perks you can.

I've done that with melee (Rax), and am going to do mage soon(AoD, Telos).