Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SpitztheGreat posted:

Totally a poo poo call, but I do appreciate bad calls being called out. I'm a NASCAR fan and our broadcasters would never dream of challenging god-like NASCAR officials.

which consumer brand is your favorite to win this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Listen the call was nothing to throw an elbow drop over

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
He didn't even successfully hold him. This is the poo poo that is ruining the NFL.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That is a loving great throw

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

SpitztheGreat posted:

Totally a poo poo call, but I do appreciate bad calls being called out. I'm a NASCAR fan and our broadcasters would never dream of challenging god-like NASCAR officials.

How dare you suggest there is something untoward about there always being a debris on the track call with three laps to go

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Hahaha what is tackling?

Apparently the Bengals weakness is rain.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

How dare you suggest there is something untoward about there always being a debris on the track call with three laps to go

Mel as an English teacher just asked me how to spell Debris.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Well what type is &e?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

:(

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
That was a poo poo 3rd down play

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Flikken posted:

Mel as an English teacher just asked me how to spell Debris.

You mother fucker

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It is utter horseshit that the Bengals didn't get that touchdown.

It may actually be better for them in the long run though that they ran that clock assuming this field goal is made

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
what a chickenshit dump-off pass.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Play posted:

You're just wrong. There needs to be more than that. That kind of thing literally happens every play

Not in that instance. In most cases I would agree, but that light hold directly led to Dalton's getting the pass off. Without that hold its a sack. The ref was absolutely right to throw the flag.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

I read somewhere that guy is a massive rear end in a top hat who just tries to get on TV constantly

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I read somewhere that guy is a massive rear end in a top hat who just tries to get on TV constantly

i can believe that

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

unbelievable

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I read somewhere that guy is a massive rear end in a top hat

The term they prefer is Kentuckian.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
lol at that Kenny Anderson picture

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:flag: nice try, Steelers.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Make up call confirmed

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
There is the makeup call

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
AFAIK, there's no legal blocking technique from directly behind a guy.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Now that folks is a hold

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

wheres his MAGA hat

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh dear god, Jumanji remake features body swapping.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Kalli posted:

Oh dear god, Jumanji remake features Kevin Hart.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kawalimus posted:

Not in that instance. In most cases I would agree, but that light hold directly led to Dalton's getting the pass off. Without that hold its a sack. The ref was absolutely right to throw the flag.

I don't think that's actually a given, he would've made a hit on Dalton but likely the throw would've been gotten off. It's hard to say for sure and I can see why they called it but even in slow motion it was barely anything which means at full speed it was even less. For the most part I just don't like seeing rad plays get called back it's annoying

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

24-20????

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i like that all they advertise about jumanji is people becoming other characters

movie must be a pile

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I actually sort of agree with Kawalimus with the caveat that type of hold is called super inconsistently so I can still be sort of pissed

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I think Wilcox is upset about that call

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

lol @ the announcers totally poo poo talking this specific referee crew

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
preach Sean. Preach!

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
lol I've never heard the announcers actually get pissed about the officiating before

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
legalize offensive and defensive holding and bring back seven step drops

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Look Around You posted:

lol @ the announcers totally poo poo talking this specific referee crew
It's great.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
LET THE PEOPLE WATCH THE FOOTBALL GAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

I love Burfict so much