Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

If you are at the new settlement and don't know what to do, check the announcements for the plot plan and DIG. Make it look like the plan, and make sure the trenches are sand at the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
We just finished paving a road from our closest water source/easy rock to the base. Was surprisingly fast. Tomorrow, paving to a mining/marble site!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Is the mining site that tornado shelter looking tunnel on the west side?

Thought for the trench: what if we lined it with wickets, so of you fell in, you'd have to jump a ton to get out. You'd be perpetually out of stamina and easy pickings.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Justin Tyme posted:

Is the mining site that tornado shelter looking tunnel on the west side?

Thought for the trench: what if we lined it with wickets, so of you fell in, you'd have to jump a ton to get out. You'd be perpetually out of stamina and easy pickings.

That's one of my random hobo prospecting tunnels, don't mind me :v:

For massive lolz, look at the next level poo poo some guilds put out: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cx8FHsSI82HwcCYVrPBSFn-emvPgHWxQnpu9yJHB7kY/edit

Like we're living in the year 1066, they're in the year 3066

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 5, 2017

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

For massive lolz, look at the next level poo poo some guilds put out: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cx8FHsSI82HwcCYVrPBSFn-emvPgHWxQnpu9yJHB7kY/edit

*does Braveheart moon while grunting and hooping and hollaring*

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Guess I'll be making an rear end in a top hat Mongol slinger soon.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

holy loving poo poo. someone is seriously way too keen on using word skills they learned at work and applying it to their elf game life.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kimsemus posted:

quote:

Section 4.4.1 Sources of Income

The Republic will generate income through several sources. The first will be donations to the State which allows citizens to donate goods establishing a baseline of resources available to the Republic. The second will be through rent. Rent will be collected based upon the number of tiles that are owned by a private claim or a publicly owned, but privately operated building. Publicly constructed and privately leased buildings will be rented and charged the same rate by tile of the footprint of the building. The third shall be through licensing companies and additional sources will be identified through commerce conducted throughout the Kingdom and outside groups.

Shacks that are not on private claims will not be charged rent, but must be built within designated districts as these buildings are considered transient housing.

Licensing a company allows that entity to do business within Republic lands with the terms being outlined in the license to which the entity is entitled. Individuals who practice a skill without a license must do so outside Republic lands and may not use Republic resources or assets; those who practice without a license can do so under the Priori or within the borders of a Fiefdom (as a member of a Lord’s or Lady’s Household) under the license granted to the feudal Lords and Ladies of the Republic. In order to practice unlicensed commerce, the individual must register with a Major Artisan Guild. Those who wish to practice unlicensed commerce without registering with a Major Artisan Guild or as part of a Lord’s or Lady’s Household may do so outside of Republic territory. This is to encourage coordination under the Priors and to press individuals into forming companies together to cooperate in conducting commercial activities.

Capitalist SWINE I must put many arrows into them.

Assuming people can build vertically I also see a problem with their rent schema here.

quote:

SSR citizens

:ussr:

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

This sounds cool but goddamn spergy. I’m in.

Bl3ss3D
Aug 15, 2014

Yeah a few us trying to live with SSR and its like Soviet loving Russia over here !! Put in a request for Fresh Air to breath and we will get back to you in 2 to 3 business days. Need arrows no fear put in a request and we will get back to you in 2 to 3 business days. Ohh and did we mention you cannot make your own house claim until you have some fancy RP title. That is how Hyperion works. poo poo is to the max over here. Wanting us to RP / Train 1 to 3 hours a day on Your own. The Struggle.

Bl3ss3D
Aug 15, 2014

I have all their manuals if u want them I gave a few to Kim they are hella long and well written but some of the poo poo in them will make you wanna choke a 3 month old baby squirrel while systematically peeing into the inside of your pc case just to end your personal misery of trying to learn and absorb it all.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Vampyyre posted:

I have all their manuals if u want them I gave a few to Kim they are hella long and well written but some of the poo poo in them will make you wanna choke a 3 month old baby squirrel while systematically peeing into the inside of your pc case just to end your personal misery of trying to learn and absorb it all.

:justpost:

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Yiffers to the north, role players to the south.

Is no-where safe for us casual goonies? :smith:

Turkina_Prime fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 6, 2017

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

BurtLington posted:

Yiffers to the north, role players to the south.

Is no-where safe for as casual goonies? :smith:

Who are the yiffers?

Unrelated question but do they have plans to introduce other races such as Arabs or Africans?

herr
Jan 19, 2009
Yikes the skillgains in this game. I mined and shaped rocks for like an hour and my materials preparation skills is at like 5, does that mean it's going to take months to get to high level Armor/Weaponsmithing?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

herr posted:

Yikes the skillgains in this game. I mined and shaped rocks for like an hour and my materials preparation skills is at like 5, does that mean it's going to take months to get to high level Armor/Weaponsmithing?

it took me two days to get level 30 swordsman 60footman hardly trying, so no not really.

if you specialize you can like max out one tier in a week easy.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Turn snow into snowballs for rapid mat prep

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Also skillgain is faster when you aren't hungry fwiw. I have 45 forging and that was just after like two weeks of play.

Granted, there are "optimal" ways to grind. Making snowballs for mat prep as mentioned, for example. If you can only be a casual player, go Khoor and take 55 slinger and max out strength and agi, then you just have to grind up 5 more slinger skill to fully unlock the archer tree (you can still use bows and crossbows immediately, but can't get above 29.999 archery without 60 slinger). That way, you can still be very useful in pvp without having to sit in front of a training dummy/have someone punch you in the wrist for hours a day to be able to wield a sword.

Bl3ss3D
Aug 15, 2014

so if you take a set of about 5 to 7 targets and stack them like a pyramid at the bottom of hill and go way back you can get incredible Archery gains like level it in no time it will most likely get patched soon so get on it while you can

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

At the bottom of a hill so you get more speed bonus, or is it the distance that gets you more bonus? Does it work with slings?

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Goons have access to rings now! we have 100's of them

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Vampyyre posted:

so if you take a set of about 5 to 7 targets and stack them like a pyramid at the bottom of hill and go way back you can get incredible Archery gains like level it in no time it will most likely get patched soon so get on it while you can

maybe if you were capable of writing cohesively in english we'd be able to take advantage of that

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Ranged gives distance xp bonuses but nobody ever takes advantage of them bc hits at any distance large enough to benefit are purely random and infrequent enough to counteract your gains. He's saying put yourself in a position where you can't miss at a long range and you'll get insane XP.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Can you stack archery targets and just make a wall of them?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

maybe if you were capable of writing cohesively in english we'd be able to take advantage of that

hey maybe you can tone it down to just 1000 Arabian dicks there buddy

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Vampyyre posted:

what kind of gains, because I'm kind of lazy

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Autism Sneaks posted:

hey maybe you can tone it down to just 1000 Arabian dicks there buddy

nah hes right

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Cool, cool....

Could it spawn me any further from anything?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
You're super close to most clans in the game, so, yeah.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Shadowlz posted:

Cool, cool....

Could it spawn me any further from anything?

Ironically, the first hellspawn is now like the best possible place you can spawn lol. At the old spot, you'd be like 20 minutes away.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

I made it to that lake, murdered a glitched deer for meat. Then I got stuck in server 37 so I setup a camp on the border and prayed to the gods for passage. Progress is slow but noticeable.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
IDK what they did but they dropped a patch this morning that dramatically increased FPS. Also they're supposed to be fixing the border fuckery soon. If you every have trouble crossing, just inspect the ground when you pass the line on the map. It transitions you.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kimsemus posted:

This is a awe inspiring terrifying thing to read. It goes on, into horrific detail, for so many pages. I saw the training skills check list for game mechanics and lost my mind. I got flashbacks to reading TOs and CDCs from my old logistics military job.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

This is a awe inspiring terrifying thing to read. It goes on, into horrific detail, for so many pages. I saw the training skills check list for game mechanics and lost my mind. I got flashbacks to reading TOs and CDCs from my old logistics military job.

This thing looks like it was done by a brand new XO who just got into a company typing up his first OP order, because he learned the right way to do it back at the academy.

I found out who did this, I was almost right on the money.....

Equate fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 7, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Our walls are up and our new keep is established. If you're looking for a good time to join and get in some PVP and do some stuff, now is it!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

we have insane ambush and assassin style gimmicks that will propel us into the #1 spot in this game, J O I N N O W

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
First judgment hour is Saturday 7pm Pacific, for a single hour. During that time, you can grief realm claims but not town or personal claims of guilds you're at war with. You can also do a ritual to revoke personal claims within the realm claims of guilds you're at war with.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

We're probably getting in on some JH raiding tomorrow, so make lots of ammo for the archers.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

IF YOU HAVE AN ALT TO PUT INTO THE ALT GUILD PM ME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

IF YOU HAVE AN ALT TO PUT INTO THE ALT GUILD PM ME

this man is your friend. make an alt if you want to have fun times doing silly violence to mans

• Locked thread