Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
That's pretty much what I was complaining about in my rant haha. My LG has something called UHD deep color only one one port (Xbonx is on this port) but it's not actual HDR.

Instead of optical I have an HDMI carrying all the info to the receiver. It's so dumb if the receiver was 4k@60hz I wouldn't have to run another cord. I'm just salty because now I have to cut a hole in my wall again to pull the cord through the fire block (literally impossible with fish tape) and piss off my wife in doing so.

This spergy home theater stuff is pain. I think switch owners have it all figured out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Twerk from Home posted:

HDR is a bigger deal than 4K, assuming that your TV has a wide dynamic range.

Yeah I got AC Origins on PC and xbonx and it looks better on xbonx due to HDR working. 30fps sucks but no HDR in that kind of game (not all types of games) sucks more.

Also AC Origins is so good that I got up to about level 28 on both despite having a massive backlog of new games after Black Friday. And the game is so massive that you can do that without playing a lot of the same stuff twice. Just found a massive secret room inside the Sphinx's butthole. Might have stumbled upon endgame poo poo?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

For Honor getting bonxified. No one cares I'm sure but it's nice to see enhanced games weren't just a bunch of launch games then forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_xP9VFvqk

Did they ever add dedicated servers? I stopped playing before the first DLC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

there were reports about it being announced over the summer but i don't know if they followed through

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This very good, very recent video suggests they didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTSt8hLE4Fo

CP gaming heh

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

ixnay posted:

If you have 2 xbones on the same network, you can also straight up copy games across the network from one to the other now instead of shuffling an external HD back and forth or redownloading from the internet.

make sure its wired and then copy the poo poo you want to play immediately via hdd

BrownieVK posted:

That's just my receiver, the tv does 4K with the exception of HDR. I've never seen HDR in person so I don't know if I'm missing anything mind-blowing with not having it.

it makes a bigger difference than 4k, id take 60fps/hdr updates over 4k resolutions at 30fps/no hdr

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cpu is too weak. Consoles this gen are tilted heavy towards gpu so thats what you get.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I am a consumer whore and bought a bonex.

I'm not sad

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Real hurthling! posted:

Cpu is too weak. Consoles this gen are tilted heavy towards gpu so thats what you get.

This is fine, all 3 major consoles do their job adequately. If you want high framerates and crippling aspergers there's a platform for that too.

I am curious if the next generation of consoles will have the CPU, GPU memory bandwidth, and trick anti-aliasing to go for 60+ fps.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nah they will have the same jaguar again and add more ram and gpu for 8k smellovision

Game world simulation and ai will never progress

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Real hurthling! posted:

Nah they will have the same jaguar again and add more ram and gpu for 8k smellovision

Introducing the Xbox two
https://youtu.be/0wj9KSWJhO8

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just got planet earth 2 at 44% off on amazon.ca for babbies first 4k blu ray. First disc since dvd actually.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Nuts and Gum posted:

Lmao @ buying a first gen 4K tv in 2014

But for real sorry for your loss, hdr is the only reason to upgrade.

True, because resolution doesn't matter.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

vermintide is alright, kinda jank but I dig all things WHFB and left 4 dead. I just wish they'd stop quipping so much.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

AMD will absolutely not produce more old chips and will move them to (ry)zens 2022 iteration.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:thejoke:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Does anyone know when Rocket League gets patched to 4K?

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN
Feb 25, 2007

fuck a car
i'll do a mothafuckin' walk-by
I just upgraded from a 360 to One. I bought Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil for 360 way back when. When I view it on the One’s store app, it says UE isn’t available on its own anymore, you have to buy it in a bundle that includes the Rise of the Necromancer DLC.

If I were to buy the $15 DLC and own both components of the bundle, would I be able to download and play the game on my One? Or do I have to buy the full $60 bundle because I originally got the base game for 360?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN posted:

I just upgraded from a 360 to One. I bought Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil for 360 way back when. When I view it on the One’s store app, it says UE isn’t available on its own anymore, you have to buy it in a bundle that includes the Rise of the Necromancer DLC.

If I were to buy the $15 DLC and own both components of the bundle, would I be able to download and play the game on my One? Or do I have to buy the full $60 bundle because I originally got the base game for 360?
The 360 version was left behind and didn't get the big expansion. Not every 360 game is available on the One; in fact, a lot of them aren't.

Edit: are you under the impression that 360 and One games are interchangeable on the One? Because they aren't. Diablo 3 for 360 is not the same title as Diablo 3 for Xbox One. They aren't compatible as consumable things, they're not the same game.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 12, 2017

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

You gotta rebuy the whole enchilada, but at least you can import your characters (but may still need access to a 360 with your save to upload to battle.net)

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN posted:

Just play Path of Exiles instead. It's F2P and while the PC version is superior, the xbox version plays perfectly ok too.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

univbee posted:

You gotta rebuy the whole enchilada, but at least you can import your characters (but may still need access to a 360 with your save to upload to battle.net)

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15058023/pick-your-platform-keep-your-save-8-18-2014

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Trip report with the XbonX: It's very very good. Forza7 looks amazing, ESO looks amazing, rear end Creed origins looks amazing.

Youtube app is still horrible.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

ratbert90 posted:

Trip report with the XbonX: It's very very good. Forza7 looks amazing, ESO looks amazing, rear end Creed origins looks amazing.

They just put out a YouTube app update/replacement that handles 4k and 60 fps content right, plus has fixed ui elements.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

fishmech posted:

They just put out a YouTube app update/replacement that handles 4k and 60 fps content right, plus has fixed ui elements.

This feels like a side component to Google's little poo poo fight with Amazon. MS isn't pushing a competing phone platform anymore, so they're harmless, might as well hit the "decent YouTube app for Xbone" button. Bonus points for the "Purchased" tab being a Trojan horse for Google Play movies and TV shows.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

ratbert90 posted:

Had mine for two weeks and I love it as well. The UI works better, recording videos doesn't cause a game to stutter for a few seconds.

Titanfall 2 looks like a god drat Disney ride. The HDR and the 4k really makes the game jump off the screen.

I'm looking forward to Horizon 3 getting the X Enhanced soon.

Also looking forward to universally acclaimed piece of dank PUBG tonight.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Anyone getting PUBG? It looks awful but I'm curious.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

All my Xbros are getting it, about 80% of them goons.

We know it's going to be janky, but we're holding out for the fun kind of janky.

We've all got One X's so here's hoping they handle it well enough.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

pubg seems like a game that would be perfect for being extremely stupid in. i potentially plan on picking it up and maining crossbow, revolver and frying pan.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

financially racist posted:

pubg seems like a game that would be perfect for being extremely stupid in. i potentially plan on picking it up and maining crossbow, revolver and frying pan.

Yeah pretty much. We've decided that if we take the game seriously the competitiveness and jankiness will eat us alive.

So we're going to be the assholes ramming poo poo in cars, getting launched over the horizon, and chasing people down with frying pans.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

financially racist posted:

Keep in mind that you actually have to find these things randomly in the world.

PUBG is pretty fun but the developer seems to be trying to make it be a game you play while someone streams it. If you piss off a streamer, you get banned from the game. You can only make a custom match if you're a PUBG Partner, where you stream three times a week and have at least 150 people watching when you stream.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You also have to be extremely good at the game to ever hit anything with a pan, crossbow, or revolver.

Like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlg6YDNK0mc

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Ether Frenzy posted:

You also have to be extremely good at the game to ever hit anything with a pan, crossbow, or revolver.

Like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlg6YDNK0mc

Amazing.

Can't wait to see how much more janky this poo poo is on Xbox.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The controller aiming model looked weird i saw some footage earlier today where a guy compared playing with pad on pc with pad on xb1x and said it felt completely different but it might have been the 20fps loving him up.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I was going to try out Sony Exclusive Horizon Zero Dawn (coming soon in remastered edition for PS5) but my PS4 controller was - get this - dead (I did play Sony Exclusive MLB The Show '12 in October for a couple hours, so, fair enough), so I fired up PUBG on the Xbox One Launch Edition instead while I waited.

And can I just say, wow, these graphics are drop dead gorgeous potatotown, the controls are very insane and overall it makes my 6 year old 1080p gaming PC's ability to render the game look like my 6 year old computer is capable of 16k graphics

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Early access is a disease

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm conflicted about wanting to try PUBG to quell my curiosity because it does look kind of fun, and how junky it looks and the horrid streamer culture surrounding it...I didn't even realize it was another loving paid beta until today either. Yuck. Xbone seems to have a lot of those.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm sure it will improve on Xbone but I would give it a "do not buy in current state" however I would advise getting the PC version a hundred times over.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

As someone who is terrible at shoot mans I loving despise any game where I quickly die and then have to watch the the non lovely players finish up (gears default mode, cod s&d, etc). Is that what pubg is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
It depends. If you're playing alone, then once you die you just leave and hop into a new game straight away.

If you're with a squad then you can spectate the rest of the round until they win or die, or leave and play by yourself while they hide out in a bathtub for 20 minutes.