Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe

stone cold posted:

posse update:

how do we bring this horse’s patootie to justice

can we perhaps ridicule them in every thread we see
i feel a kind of exasperated compassion for that poster, because it's become clear that he really does think the secret service are going to shut down sa at any moment because someone in australia said that trump should be shot (which he should) and i get the impression that sa is a disproportionately big part of his life that he's terrified of losing. a few times i've almost engaged him in qcs to reassure him that literally the only thing at stake here is my bank account, the mods can't reasonably be expected to do anything more about me than they're currently doing so legally they're on solid ground, and that if sa ends up getting shut down it'll be either because lowtax runs out of money or because the republicans decide to shut down every online outlet that's ever said something mean about the trumpet... but in the end it's funnier just to leave him alone and let him freak out, i think he's quite happy in his own way

shoot trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

What other games can you possibly be playing? Nothing new came out that I know of unless you have some crippling MMO addiction you havnt told us about?

mostly dropping duo in pubg with a friend who just got a rig capable of running the game, also getting back into ksp after they dropped some content patches and rebuilding a system spanning space program from scratch

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

mostly dropping duo in pubg with a friend who just got a rig capable of running the game, also getting back into ksp after they dropped some content patches and rebuilding a system spanning space program from scratch

i ordered myself a dualshock 4 since tekken on keyboard is infuriating if you've played it on gamepad for years

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i ordered myself a dualshock 4 since tekken on keyboard is infuriating if you've played it on gamepad for years

The big boys use the Steel Battalion controls for Tekken

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
For everything, really.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i 100% the story mode of three of the four blazblues but i'm forced to put that project on pause through exhaustion

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
also i can't imagine playing a fighting game on a keyboard and i play 2d fighters, i can't imagine how it works in a true 3d fighter

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Bots master was better.

Wrong decade (for me).

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Sounds boring.

I picked up Trails of Cold Steel and Aetlier Sophie during the last Steam sale. Which one should I start with? Ive never played an Atelier or Legend of Heroes game before so itll be all new.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
oh no the gnatfly on sa drank hemlock again :(

Return soon

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

Sounds boring.

I picked up Trails of Cold Steel and Aetlier Sophie during the last Steam sale. Which one should I start with? Ive never played an Atelier or Legend of Heroes game before so itll be all new.

legend of heroes is a jrpg so if you've played any of those you know roughly what to expect-ish

atelier games are very different from just about anything, just be prepared for extremely adorable

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i 100% the story mode of three of the four blazblues but i'm forced to put that project on pause through exhaustion

tekken is not that 3d. really, keyboard is fairly tolerable, surprisingly even - just loving hard with my muscle memory

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
im doing all nighters weekly now and its killing me

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Until the end of the semester?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Crinoids are cool, not just because they’re odd little many-armed creatures that look like plant-animal hybrids and not just because they sometimes uproot themselves and slowly march across the coral heads, feeling their way along one feathery arm at a time, but also because they come in a huge variety of colors; I saw an algae-covered rock field today that was a uniform expanse of green except for one pure white crinoid sitting in the middle of it, like a flame in the dark.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

Until the end of the semester?

likely

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
it is really hurting me and damaging my brain and i just want a break

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Trump seems like a nice man and no one should shoot him

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Pirate Radar posted:

Crinoids are cool, not just because they’re odd little many-armed creatures that look like plant-animal hybrids and not just because they sometimes uproot themselves and slowly march across the coral heads, feeling their way along one feathery arm at a time, but also because they come in a huge variety of colors; I saw an algae-covered rock field today that was a uniform expanse of green except for one pure white crinoid sitting in the middle of it, like a flame in the dark.

https://i.imgur.com/7OI4iuc.gifv

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rear end struggle posted:

it is really hurting me and damaging my brain and i just want a break

It's almost over. Only sucks while you're doing it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I haven’t seen one free-swimming yet, they’ve all just been clamped down to a rock or a piece of coral or plodding gently along. Since their only senses, so far as I’m aware, are touch and taste—and I’m not 100% sure about taste—I have no clue how they decide which direction to move in.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

Trump seems like a nice man and no one should shoot him

got some strong disagreements with this post

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Edit: phone internet blows

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Dec 5, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the paradigm shift posted:

got some strong disagreements with this post

only with the first part though

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

Volkerball posted:

Edit: phone internet blows

I feel you man, currently sitting in a dead end zone. poo poo is sloooow

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wrong decade (for me).

The robots rap.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/rawanabanana/status/937809084090159104

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

The robots rap.

I'm pretty sure we had rap in the 80s.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Is it considered trolling to sit down at a bar and ask them to put on In a Gadda da Vida?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

Is it considered trolling to sit down at a bar and ask them to put on In a Gadda da Vida?

Does the bar have many little cups of red wine on it and a cross behind it?

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE
Are there any good leftist podcasts I should be listening to?

Chapo is great and everything but I'm looking to listen to other stuff, also.
I've heard good things about street fight, discourse collective, delete your account, and extremely black podcast.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
trillbilly worker's party

they're on hiatus at the moment though

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Muppets On PCP posted:

trillbilly worker's party

they're on hiatus at the moment though

Ain't no podcast that's gonna stand between the Kings of Crunk and the club.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Does anyone have that picture of Rand Paul next to the googly eyed toy phone

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/q0vW9nZ.gifv

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012