Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Man comic book art is pretty ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In the movie Darkman, the problem facing Liam Neeson is that the synthetic skin he's developed is perfect but dissolves after it's exposed to sunlight for a certain amount of time, but at the start of the movie it appears that it lasts indefinitely in the dark. When he's skulking in his underground lab being crazy, why does he never wear a mask and pair of gloves made from his fake skin, when the sight of his disfigurement causes him so much trouble?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Wheat Loaf posted:

In the movie Darkman, the problem facing Liam Neeson is that the synthetic skin he's developed is perfect but dissolves after it's exposed to sunlight for a certain amount of time, but at the start of the movie it appears that it lasts indefinitely in the dark. When he's skulking in his underground lab being crazy, why does he never wear a mask and pair of gloves made from his fake skin, when the sight of his disfigurement causes him so much trouble?

Maybe he doesn't want to waste a rare commodity that takes a lot of time to synthesise?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

In Spider-Man peter confronts the vulture and webs one hand to the table but not the other. After a minute vulture uses a remote with his other hand. Why didn’t you just web both hands peter

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sweat rash would be a bitch after a while.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Why didn't darkman just slap on a lot of sunscreen to get it to last longer?

99 minute time limit felt kind of arbitrary considering he was in various light levels; outside, in artificially lit places, during cloudy days, etc.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

oldpainless posted:

In Spider-Man peter confronts the vulture and webs one hand to the table but not the other. After a minute vulture uses a remote with his other hand. Why didn’t you just web both hands peter

That webbing fluid is expensive!

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

oldpainless posted:

I can forgive a lot of his missteps in that movie because he's still a kid getting used to being a full-blown superhero. His first and only thought was "keep him from escaping" and that's his go-to move for that. It'll be interesting to see if Marvel writes him actually learning and growing from these experiences.

My slight irritation from that movie was his almost complete lack of Spidey Sense; just seemed like way too much stuff took him by surprise. Maybe they'll develop that too, they alluded to it in the Infinity War trailer.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

NorgLyle posted:

I'm more curious why they drew her wearing a bra and panties. Was the Hollywood L-sheet too difficult?

she's an alien, thats what she looks like naked.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Marvel expanded: "Ha ha, this guy thinks he has super powers. Super powers holy poo poo. Can you believe something so stupid?" - is in New York after alien invasion and superhero team fight them off.

This happens all the loving time.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phanatic posted:

Henry Hill is not what you would call a reliable narrator. Look at his dispute with Jimmy over the guns, or his narration when Pauly cuts him off. His narration is of what his character wants to convey, not an uninvolved announcer. Discrepancies between that narration and reality are not only expected, they're common in the film.

https://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/12/if_you_liked_the_descendants_y.html

Hill's narration is an example of both.

The idea that show not tell automatically means all voice-overs are indicative of garbage filmmaking is my IIMM.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Marvel expanded: "Ha ha, this guy thinks he has super powers. Super powers holy poo poo. Can you believe something so stupid?" - is in New York after alien invasion and superhero team fight them off.

I kind of get this one a bit. I mean, there's like a handful of actual superpowered people in the MCU up to the point that the Inhumans start popping up in Agents of SHIELD, so it's generally pretty unlikely that any one person has actually got them. In AoS once people start getting Inhumaned though, they do seem to take any indication of powers at all a lot more seriously.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fil5000 posted:

I kind of get this one a bit. I mean, there's like a handful of actual superpowered people in the MCU up to the point that the Inhumans start popping up in Agents of SHIELD, so it's generally pretty unlikely that any one person has actually got them. In AoS once people start getting Inhumaned though, they do seem to take any indication of powers at all a lot more seriously.

Sure, kinda. Except they say it with the tone of impossibility. Like it's completely implausible. Like nothing of the sort has ever even happened before.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

turnways posted:

My slight irritation from that movie was his almost complete lack of Spidey Sense; just seemed like way too much stuff took him by surprise. Maybe they'll develop that too, they alluded to it in the Infinity War trailer.

It looks like it’s in the latest Infinity War trailer. The hairs on his arms stand up.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I was surprised they gave away Thor's eye thing in the trailer considering Ragnarok isn't that old.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mu Zeta posted:

I was surprised they gave away Thor's eye thing in the trailer considering Ragnarok isn't that old.

It's not a giveaway for Ragnarok, it could happen in Infinity War.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

And anyone who might be curious and hasn't seen Ragnarok might ask themselves, "hey what happened to his eye!?" and go check out Ragnarok.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean, on the one hand, sure. On the other hand, I live in a world where navy SEALS are real, but if some rando claims to be a former navy seal I'm gonna be dubious.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is this a dig at Jesse Ventura?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

It wasnt intended to be, but gently caress it, it is now. We all have time to bleed Jesse, its an automatic and unavoidable bodily response to certain traumas that happens without requiring any time commitment. Jackass.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SiKboy posted:

I mean, on the one hand, sure. On the other hand, I live in a world where navy SEALS are real, but if some rando claims to be a former navy seal I'm gonna be dubious.

Yeah, I think about it and it's people giving someone poo poo for saying something outlandish. Especially if they're the type of person to constantly be inventing stories about themselves, poo poo. 'Oh great, now Tony's got powers apparently. Hey, look out, don't ask him to pay off his bar tab, he might throw a hammer through your car! Shut the gently caress up, you idiot.'

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Thor, God of thunder. Had hammer. Makes lightning.

Loki Liesmith - makes illusions, lies a lot.

Hel, God of death. Makes swords. Swords for days. Did some terracotta warrior zombie thing once, but mostly swords.

Maybe she just hadn't drawn enough power from asgard, the source of her power.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Gitro posted:

Hel, God of death. Makes swords. Swords for days. Did some terracotta warrior zombie thing once, but mostly swords.

Also, an axe.

Edit: Hela.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I had forgotten about the axe. It did not seem as effective as gun.

I assumed it was spelled the same and that's just how you're supposed to pronounce it :shrug:

Also: why were the viking god women at the start freaked out by the gross dragon head. I'm not racist, but IMO literally the people that viking gods are would be all :black101: about their warrior-prince returning through a magic portal with the head of a giant monster. I thought that would be the joke.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gitro posted:

I assumed it was spelled the same and that's just how you're supposed to pronounce it :shrug:

Also: why were the viking god women at the start freaked out by the gross dragon head. I'm not racist, but IMO literally the people that viking gods are would be all :black101: about their warrior-prince returning through a magic portal with the head of a giant monster. I thought that would be the joke.

Suck rapierTybalt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TMVi6WyR_I

e: wait why is that not a rapier?

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Dec 5, 2017

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Gitro posted:

Not all Asgardians were "gods". Some are just normal people, and presumably the Norse didn't see many of them.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
We're talkin' about Thor Swords?

Let me introduce you to ALL BLACK THE NECROSWORD

quote:

When Galactus returned to Earth to finally devour it, King Thor used All-Black the Necrosword to defeat him.[4] After their battle, King Thor gave Galactus leave to consume Mars and while Galactus was devouring it, the black blade, that Galactus (and probably King Thor and his granddaughters as well) believed was destroyed, manifested itself inside the Devourer of Worlds, turning him into the Butcher of Worlds.[5]

During the Butcher of Worlds' battle against Ego, All-Black the Necrosword was absorbed by the Living Planet, transforming him into the Necroworld. Soon afterwards, Ego proceeded to devour Galactus, finally making him pay for all they planets he destroyed.[6]

Thor is so over the top good.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

Not all Asgardians were "gods". Some are just normal people, and presumably the Norse didn't see many of them.

I vaguely remember the opening parts of the first Thor movie where they're all fighting and drinking and reminiscing about fighting and if that's not what everyone in alien viking god heaven is like then comics are worse than I thought they were. Also it would've been funnier IMO.

I hope they have spaceships and superlasers and all that and just thought it would be cooler to send valkyries on flying horses into the prison dimension to fight the sword god.

syscall girl posted:

Suck rapierTybalt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TMVi6WyR_I

e: wait why is that not a rapier?

It's been a long time since romeo and juliet for me and all I can hear at the end is 'I am hosed and full'

fake edit: 'I am fortune's fool.'

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gitro posted:

I vaguely remember the opening parts of the first Thor movie where they're all fighting and drinking and reminiscing about fighting and if that's not what everyone in alien viking god heaven is like then comics are worse than I thought they were. Also it would've been funnier IMO.

There's an episode of Agents of Shield where they find some random asgardian, who deserted from the Asgard army centuries ago to hang out on Earth, since he was a shitfarmer who got conscripted. Better to hang out where he was massively superhuman and not someone's serf.

"Did you know Thor?"
"I was a loving farmer, rear end in a top hat. We don't all know each other."

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Tunicate posted:

There's an episode of Agents of Shield where they find some random asgardian, who deserted from the Asgard army centuries ago to hang out on Earth, since he was a shitfarmer who got conscripted. Better to hang out where he was massively superhuman and not someone's serf.

"Did you know Thor?"
"I was a loving farmer, rear end in a top hat. We don't all know each other."

he was a stonemanson! he spent thousands of years cutting rocks

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
And on Earth he was a respected historian.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Gorilla Salad posted:

And on Earth he was a respected historian.

then he got stabbed by a neonazi, like a bitch

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Push El Burrito posted:

We're talkin' about Thor Swords?

Let me introduce you to ALL BLACK THE NECROSWORD

Thor is so over the top good.

Wait I thought Galactus was the big bad motherfucker of Marvel?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

One of.

And that particular scene took place thousands of years in the future when he's old and broken down and it's just thor hanging around waiting to gently caress him up. He had to go get that sword from inside a black hole if I remember, or something equally over the top.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Milo and POTUS posted:

ALLBLACK. THE. NECROSWORD.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's why every hack writer has him job to their OriginalCharacterDoNotSteal.

SEE ALSO: Juggernaut, The.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

SiKboy posted:

It wasnt intended to be, but gently caress it, it is now. We all have time to bleed Jesse, its an automatic and unavoidable bodily response to certain traumas that happens without requiring any time commitment. Jackass.

He even says it WHILE HE'S BLEEDING

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

SiKboy posted:

I just went to a 30th anniversary screening of Predator, and the biggest crowd lol of the night was Poncho's response to the "Ain't got time to bleed" line. He just pauses for the perfect comic beat and drawls out a skeptical "okayyyy" and he sells the hell out of it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Predator is an amazing movie. Not an iimm but just an observation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm a god drat sexual tyrannosaurus.