Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
A newb can get some good stuff at Cetus. Vigilante Armaments and Auger Accord are both easy to get, and very straightforward 'make gun shoot better' mods. I can't remember if you need to do the Gara quest before bounties open up though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

he1ixx posted:

The tutorial videos say "Clear all of the flashing nodes on each planet to progress." but on Earth, I hit a point where I can go to Cetus or work on collecting mods to unlock Venus.

Skip Vay Heck assination mission on Earth (Oro Node) as the mission is super annoying to do because of the first part of the boss having a lot of invulnerability time. You can get back to it much Later (i cleared him around mastery rank 8 i think).

Cetus is a new, experimental "Open Map" zone that offer content of every difficulty (both begining and end game) so dont get bogged in it. Visit when you need a change of pace but dont focus your effort on it.

Your first goal should be unlocking Venus junction and once threre crafting the Rhino Warframe (You get parts by beating the Venus Boss). Rhino is a good, all rounder and quite tanky frame that you can use all the way to the end game, none of its power will mess with the other player powers or weapons.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

he1ixx posted:

I originally tried this game out on the PS4 supposedly 796d ago according to my account data. I played some single player content and was stymied by the end boss encounter loving up and never matchmaking me or crashing or something so I never went back to it. I downloaded it again on a whim and can't get over what's been done in the meantime. Great graphics, fun movement mechanics (which I never knew about before) and tons and tons of deep layered content. Pretty impressive so far. I should be excited for the Destiny 2 DLC dropping today but I really just want to go back and get to Venus.

Are we the same person? I tried the game a year or two ago when I first got my PS4. I was not into it. A week ago some friends started playing again and sent me the article about Warframe being great now and so I tried it again and here we are, ignoring new Des2ny content and bullet jumping through enemies.

he1ixx posted:

Oh one more question:

The tutorial videos say "Clear all of the flashing nodes on each planet to progress." but on Earth, I hit a point where I can go to Cetus or work on collecting mods to unlock Venus. Cetus gave me a bounty mission on the plains which I did but it looks like it wants me to do more and it didn't unlock any nodes to get further into Earth. Am I doing something wrong? Should I clear the Venus gate and somehow come back to Earth later? Do I need to do something in Cetus/The Plains to open more mission nodes on Earth?

Intuitively I think I'm supposed to just move on to Venus but I really have no idea...

Just move on to Venus. Do the intro quests that ask you to unlock the space trams to other planets so you have a greater selection of stuff to do. Don’t be afraid to join public games and if you need someone to play with you can friend me on PSN at ElJebus0. I am in a friends clan that is rank 1 or so, but I might switch to goon clan since they are more active. Check out the wiki when you have questions like “where do I get neurodes?” And “the hell is that shadow thing that attacked me and why are goons interested in a bow called Dread that I apparently can’t buy?”.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
One thing to note about the go to venus -> get rhino plan is you will need some help getting the components to build the thing after. Get a friend or ask in clan chat. My Rhino is still cooking away in my 3d printer and it took far longer for me to get the crafting pieces than to get the blueprints.

Also. I have a Soma Prime, and I have some Formas. What should I look at putting in the thing to really boost it up? Max out a Serration and make sure that's in a forma slot, sure. Then ...???

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, 3x Elementals and Shred. Also according to my phone's auto complete I've given this advice before :q:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Psion posted:

One thing to note about the go to venus -> get rhino plan is you will need some help getting the components to build the thing after. Get a friend or ask in clan chat. My Rhino is still cooking away in my 3d printer and it took far longer for me to get the crafting pieces than to get the blueprints.

Also. I have a Soma Prime, and I have some Formas. What should I look at putting in the thing to really boost it up? Max out a Serration and make sure that's in a forma slot, sure. Then ...???

All 4 elemental mods, + crit, + crit damage

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
If someone’s warframe is shimmering does that mean it’s a prime frame?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
They probably have an ability active, it makes you shimmer in your energy color while you have a sustained or timed one up.

You can usually tell prime frames from the overwrought metal and flashy designs.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Arca Plasmor is my new favorite gun, drat. Three combo elements on a 100% status gun that is somehow a shotgun despite the ludicrous range. It's really fun to use - just point it at a group of dudes and pull the trigger, they either melt or go flying (or both!). Great damage numbers, too!

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is there a reasonably quick way to do a 'what should I work on' post besides just listing stuff from my inventory? I played a solid chunk of this a WHILE ago, like near PC release -- I have a dang Excalibur Prime from the founders pack but only at level 20 :saddowns: Most of the map unlocked but none of the junctions done because I don't think they existed, so I guess I should circle back and do those first? Giant pile of mods but no idea what's good. I reinstalled briefly at one point to check out the arcwing but it looks like I never actually finished the quest for one.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I put hunter munitions on my soma prime. I'm sure it lowered my overall damage but it makes more numbers pop out so its a buff to me.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Anyone have a go-to build for Inaros? Did some googling and not sure which way to go. I did buy a Rage mod, though, and I have the Hunter mod.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

NmareBfly posted:

Is there a reasonably quick way to do a 'what should I work on' post besides just listing stuff from my inventory? I played a solid chunk of this a WHILE ago, like near PC release -- I have a dang Excalibur Prime from the founders pack but only at level 20 :saddowns: Most of the map unlocked but none of the junctions done because I don't think they existed, so I guess I should circle back and do those first? Giant pile of mods but no idea what's good. I reinstalled briefly at one point to check out the arcwing but it looks like I never actually finished the quest for one.

- Join the Clan

- Do missions, Drop mods, level up mods, get better mods, put forma in weapons to put even more mods.
- Do the Junctions. They will give you quests and weapon/frames blueprints.
- Craft the frames - Craft weapons
- Do the quests. They will give you more warframe blueprints.
- Craft the frames - Craft Weapons

- Do the Second Dream (DONT SPOILER YOURSELF. ITS REAL GOOD)
- Visit Conclave at least once. Never go back.
- Do the War Within (DONT SPOILER YOURSELF. ITS ABOVE AVERAGE)
- Mess around with the Focus System (Start with Zenurik)
- Clear the whole Starmap
- Do Chain of Harrow (DONT SPOILER YOURSELF. ITS SPOOKY)
- Get involved with Syndicates

Explore Cetus and the plains f Eidolons whenever you want somethign a little different than the usual missions.

After that its pretty much "Set your own goal and work toward it.".

You can go after prime relics for extra bling; Wait for events for special content; Do sortie for riven mods; Craft every frame; Craft every weapon (good luck) ; Become a guide of the Lotus and help Newbs.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

commish posted:

Anyone have a go-to build for Inaros? Did some googling and not sure which way to go. I did buy a Rage mod, though, and I have the Hunter mod.

My inaros I built primarily for health + armor. So vitality, steel fiber, armored assault. Rage is a must have to have basically infinite energy. I put stretch and continuity on there to buff his CC from sand in the face and your ult. With those you'll be pretty much unkillable and able to throw out tons of easy crowd control. That leaves you 2 slots to mess around with other mods on. I don't bother with buffing power or efficiency.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
When you switch Warframes and weapons do you just migrate your best mods over to the new ones you just equipped? Are there some mod configurations that work better on some weapon platforms than others or do you just aim for those mods mentioned above?

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

aleksendr posted:

- Join the Clan

- Do missions, Drop mods, level up mods, get better mods, put forma in weapons to put even more mods.
- Do the Junctions. They will give you quests and weapon/frames blueprints.
- Craft the frames - Craft weapons
- Do the quests. They will give you more warframe blueprints.
- Craft the frames - Craft Weapons

- Do the Second Dream (DONT SPOILER YOURSELF. ITS REAL GOOD)
- Visit Conclave at least once. Never go back.
- Do the War Within (DONT SPOILER YOURSELF. ITS ABOVE AVERAGE)
- Mess around with the Focus System (Start with Zenurik)
- Clear the whole Starmap
- Do Chain of Harrow (DONT SPOILER YOURSELF. ITS SPOOKY)
- Get involved with Syndicates

Explore Cetus and the plains f Eidolons whenever you want somethign a little different than the usual missions.

After that its pretty much "Set your own goal and work toward it.".

You can go after prime relics for extra bling; Wait for events for special content; Do sortie for riven mods; Craft every frame; Craft every weapon (good luck) ; Become a guide of the Lotus and help Newbs.

This is good info. I'm currently having it tattooed on my inner thigh so it is always with me.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Next Prime Access:
- Mirage, which we knew about
- Akbolto Prime
- Kogake Prime (!!)
- more bling armor and scarf

https://twitter.com/playwarframe/status/938129209179992064

Coldbird fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 6, 2017

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Psion posted:

Yeah, goons were saying "get rhino", but something that's not clear for new players is that the rhino systems piece needs drops from the void/phobos, which is a fair bit beyond Venus. Mine's finally cooking too!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

he1ixx posted:

When you switch Warframes and weapons do you just migrate your best mods over to the new ones you just equipped? Are there some mod configurations that work better on some weapon platforms than others or do you just aim for those mods mentioned above?

You can use any mod from your stockpile on as much stuff as you want without having to remove them from other things. Just got a Boltor? Use the same mods as your Braton without having to re-grind them up. The only caveat is that your can only use any given mod once at a time - this only comes into play with sentinels, whose weapons use the same mods as your rifles, shotguns, etc (so you can't run the same copy of Serration on both your Braton and your sentinel's Artax, for instance).

There are some mods you'll want on all your weapons, like ones that increase raw base damage. There are things like crit and status chances that work well on some weapons but not others. Right now focus on damage and elemental mods, they never go out of style.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

My inaros I built primarily for health + armor. So vitality, steel fiber, armored assault. Rage is a must have to have basically infinite energy. I put stretch and continuity on there to buff his CC from sand in the face and your ult. With those you'll be pretty much unkillable and able to throw out tons of easy crowd control. That leaves you 2 slots to mess around with other mods on. I don't bother with buffing power or efficiency.

Thank you sir!

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

commish posted:

Thank you sir!

You can't really do too many exciting things with Inaros's builds but if you do something like this build you'll pretty much never have to worry about things like "dying" or "energy" like the rest of the lesser warframes.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

he1ixx posted:

The tutorial videos say "Clear all of the flashing nodes on each planet to progress." but on Earth, I hit a point where I can go to Cetus or work on collecting mods to unlock Venus. Cetus gave me a bounty mission on the plains which I did but it looks like it wants me to do more and it didn't unlock any nodes to get further into Earth. Am I doing something wrong? Should I clear the Venus gate and somehow come back to Earth later? Do I need to do something in Cetus/The Plains to open more mission nodes on Earth?

Intuitively I think I'm supposed to just move on to Venus but I really have no idea...

Plains of Eidolon is new and a little wonky. You should be able to 'clear' it by going to Cetus and walking out the door, waiting to load into the plains, wandering around for 30 seconds, and then walking back through the door to Cetus to finish the mission. Setting your game mode to solo or invite only will keep you from being matched with others who probably want to do more than leave. Once you clear the plains you can work on progressing to the Mars junction as well as Venus.

Also you can go to almost any mission even if you haven't unlocked it if you join a squad and the other player starts the mission. If you are looking for say plastids to make your Rhino but don't have a planet unlocked where they drop someone can help you farm them by taxing you to another mission. You might not be able to do much against high level enemies but you can follow your host around and pick up loot. Bitter vets are always happy to help new players since we know getting started is rough. And every player gets their own copy of the loot so you aren't stealing anything. Actually having more players in game means more enemies so you end up with more drops.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

WebDO posted:

I can't imagine being so utterly broken as a human being that using a controller for an FPS is your go to.

Also playing on PS4 is objectively worse, so use your controller on PC if your brain is really that shattered.

If you're talking about a hardcore competitive pvp shooter I can see what you mean, because the mouse definitely gives you way more control and precision and a joystick ever could.
But warframe is a chill casual pve game. Who cares if the control scheme you're using is less optimal, you can still fry dozens of grineer in a single shot with your space anime laser cannon while doing a sick backflip and high-fiving your dog.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

You can't really do too many exciting things with Inaros's builds but if you do something like this build you'll pretty much never have to worry about things like "dying" or "energy" like the rest of the lesser warframes.

Inaros is so much fun. I've never been into melee much, but he makes it so appealing, dropping finishers on everyone and helping the team out and never dying. I even built a zaw for him after ignoring it since release.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Re: controller talk, I've put in about 1500 hours using a steam controller and it's great. I have no trouble with parkouring so I'm not sure what the complaint is there. Aiming is a bit loose by comparison to kb+m, but if you're picking dudes off one at a time you're doing it wrong anyways.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

commish posted:

Inaros is so much fun. I've never been into melee much, but he makes it so appealing, dropping finishers on everyone and helping the team out and never dying. I even built a zaw for him after ignoring it since release.

Daggers or faster attack speed mods are useful for him because they speed up the finishing animation for when you're mowing through a horde of dudes. Inaros is the best because he's pretty straight forward and effective. While everyone else is running around shooting lightning and stuff you can hang out being a grumpy old mummy throwing sand at everything like an annoying sack of poo poo. He's really great for missions where you're outclassed powerwise because he doesn't need any babysitting from anyone else on the team.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Daggers or faster attack speed mods are useful for him because they speed up the finishing animation for when you're mowing through a horde of dudes. Inaros is the best because he's pretty straight forward and effective. While everyone else is running around shooting lightning and stuff you can hang out being a grumpy old mummy throwing sand at everything like an annoying sack of poo poo. He's really great for missions where you're outclassed powerwise because he doesn't need any babysitting from anyone else on the team.

Daggers makes sense. I went with a high damage weapon to smash the poo poo out of things, but it is pretty slow. Yet so satisfying. I'll try some daggers.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

commish posted:

Replace Primed Flow with anything really, I haven't decided what goes there yet but it allows me to spam pocket sand when I need it. Vitality and Steel Fiber are important for tankiness, Overextended and Stretch are to boost your range as much as possible (for pocket sand), Rage gives you a constant supply of energy (for pocket sand) and Primed Continuity means you can get about 4-5 finishers for each use of pocket sand. Negation Swarm is super important since that's what gives you Rhino-style status immunity.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

That's definitely a better inaros build once you have access to those mods. I'm personally not a fan of flow on inaros and instead replace it with something that makes me move faster but that slot is pretty flexible for your preferences.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

commish posted:

Daggers makes sense. I went with a high damage weapon to smash the poo poo out of things, but it is pretty slow. Yet so satisfying. I'll try some daggers.

Daggers are good if you only do finishers for hp since they're pretty fast and can use covert lethality. But if you pick a big weapon with good range on slide attacks you get to blind a crowd and then kill 10 enemies with one swing, which is pretty satisfying and effective.
Any weapon with 60 points worth of mods can oneshot all of sortie 2 and most of sortie 3 on a finisher, so covert lethality isn't as necessary as it sounds (though it helps vs Noxes or Prosecutors or level 110 Eximus Bombards).

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Quirkk posted:

Replace Primed Flow with anything really, I haven't decided what goes there yet but it allows me to spam pocket sand when I need it. Vitality and Steel Fiber are important for tankiness, Overextended and Stretch are to boost your range as much as possible (for pocket sand), Rage gives you a constant supply of energy (for pocket sand) and Primed Continuity means you can get about 4-5 finishers for each use of pocket sand. Negation Swarm is super important since that's what gives you Rhino-style status immunity.

So, you're okay with taking something that is negative strength (overextended)? I know some of the skills are affected by Strength but perhaps those are the skills I shouldn't care about.

Otherwise, I think I have most of these cards.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
edit: Inaros doesn't care about power as much in most builds because you're not pocket-sanding to do damage, you're just trying to hit as many people as you can long enough to use a finisher on them.

Khorne posted:

Rotate so the outer connect, 1 or 2 branches connect to triples, then rotate the inner until it finishes. You don't even need to look at the whole puzzle or think at all for 98% of the corpus hacks, the only awkward thing is when you get a lot of 1 or 2 branches.

How does controller work? Do you move between each one or is it a pointer? If it's a pointer, that's awful. Controllers in general are awful.

On a controller you default to rotating the center piece. Pushing the stick in a direction highlights the piece there. So pushing down highlights down, and releasing defaults it back to center, or it follows where your thumb goes if you go along the outside. It's not much slower than using a mouse, I'd say I'm usually a second or so behind when I do it with a mouse, so plenty of time to finish most puzzles, and that's because I usually just mash the one rotate button instead of using the second.

M2tt posted:

Re: controller talk, I've put in about 1500 hours using a steam controller and it's great. I have no trouble with parkouring so I'm not sure what the complaint is there. Aiming is a bit loose by comparison to kb+m, but if you're picking dudes off one at a time you're doing it wrong anyways.
I use a bit of both but yeah prefer the controller for action games like this. Precision aiming, and a few of the twirling stuff is better with mouse, like bullet jumping into the air gliding and spinning around to headshot 5 dudes surrounding you.
With a controller you can still bullet jump, aim glide and kill 5 dudes, it's just probably not gonna be headshots, and might be 7 bullets instead of 5.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 5, 2017

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

commish posted:

So, you're okay with taking something that is negative strength (overextended)? I know some of the skills are affected by Strength but perhaps those are the skills I shouldn't care about.

With Inaros, strength mainly affects your abilities' damage. Your damage output from abilities is minimal as Inaros, though, so the extra range helps a lot more with his crowd control.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

aleksendr posted:

Skip Vay Heck assination mission on Earth (Oro Node) as the mission is super annoying to do because of the first part of the boss having a lot of invulnerability time. You can get back to it much Later (i cleared him around mastery rank 8 i think).

Yo you can just runs straight to the final arena and fight him there, you don't need to do the first 3 fights. Just run there and do the last fight.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

commish posted:

Power strength doesn't do much for inaros. Whereas extra range can fling sand across an entire room with one cast.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Sandweed posted:

Yo you can just runs straight to the final arena and fight him there, you don't need to do the first 3 fights. Just run there and do the last fight.

Why did no-one tell me that when I was grinding that fight and complaining in clan chat?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Psion posted:

Yeah I just realized this too, after killing Jackal a bunch of times the other day to get the blueprints for Rhino components. From what I've read in the wiki, some of the items required to built the various components (systems, etc.) aren't available until planets much later in the game, like Neptune. This is a bit frustrating.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Montalvo posted:

Yeah I just realized this too, after killing Jackal a bunch of times the other day to get the blueprints for Rhino components. From what I've read in the wiki, some of the items required to built the various components (systems, etc.) aren't available until planets much later in the game, like Neptune. This is a bit frustrating.

Speak up in clan chat, tell people what you need and ask for a taxi. Higher level players need those materials too, and often run missions just to farm resources. Bringing along a newbie doesn't cost them anything.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Coldbird posted:

Next Prime Access:
- Banshee, which we knew about
- Akbolto Prime
- Kogake Prime (!!)
- more bling armor and scarf

https://twitter.com/playwarframe/status/938129209179992064

I think I see a typo.

commish posted:

Yeah str affects how fast and how much you heal from 2 and 4. So tanking it like that really is hurting the mummy.

Vitality, steel fiber and rage are all mandatory no arguments. From that it seems we all have different views so I'll just say however you mod try to keep inaros at 100% strength. Otherwise his ult will lose part of it's use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
An armor to surpass Targis Prime!