Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

seiferguy posted:

Are you willing to go into Bellevue? If so, take them to Fogo de Chāo, a Brazilian all you can eat steakhouse, where they will carve the meat tableside for you. My company takes clients there all the time.

Canlis is Seattle's go-to "holy gently caress expensive" meal, but you may need reservations for that. Sushi Kashiba is new, and the chef there is a former apprentice of Jiro (of Jiro Dreams of Sushi). I tried his original restaurant and had some amazing sushi for a very high price (omakase was a tasty mistake).

Fogo is everywhere though

Oh god when my company christmas party was at fogo.... and the wine was all paid for

It was a good day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Barudak posted:

Hey I have to be in seattle for work, anybody have recommendations for place I should eat by myself for dinner (Dont worry about cost) and some smug froufrou place that I should suggest to my client for a comped party meal?

I will privide write ups of the winning places assuming we go

I think i remember you asking in a GDT but the RE:Public is a good place. It has Pimm's Cup and duck confit. The Maritime Brewery Jolly Roger Tap House in Ballard is a good place as well. It's winter so they will be serving their Jolly Roger so get a pint of that. Not a pitcher if you're by yourself its like 8-9% abv. Their lobster bisque was something I remember being really good and came with a chunk of scallop in the middle the size of a child's fist.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 5, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I did ask before but lost the suggestions but they were good so i came back so I could write them down.

I am going to feast on Seattle cuisine like the Patriots on the AFCE

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Punisher was great

It was 500% better than anything they’ve released in a while. Iron Fist, Defenders, etc. all trash.

This is great

My first hope was for a more horror styled show with the Punisher as more of a Jason Voorhees lurking in the background. It's not as action-oriented as I might've expected but I can't argue with the end result, and the violence is primarily treated in the same way a slasher movie uses it; you don't want to see it. Even thought it's the show's "hero" taking on some real assholes, watching it makes you feel anxious and uncomfortable. Frank Castle isn't a super hero, dude's a hosed up serial killer even if he's murdering terrible people. They manage to humanize him while also keeping him at arms length from the viewer. Long story short, different from what I expected, avoided a lot of bad tropes. The use of a PMC instead of Generic Crime Family was totally a breath of fresh air. Punisher takes on Generic Crime Family #27 would've been a waste.

Iron Fist was bad but, eh, Defenders was alright.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lol we are a garbage rear end country

https://thinkprogress.org/corporate-contributions-rnc-roy-moore-cc9f837209e2/

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Barudak posted:

I did ask before but lost the suggestions but they were good so i came back so I could write them down.

I am going to feast on Seattle cuisine like the Patriots on the AFCE

Food:
Nishino - Globally ranked Sushi Restaurant
http://www.nishinorestaurant.com/menu/pdfmenu/main_menu.pdf

Salumi - Iron Chef Mario Batali’s family owns this restaurant.
http://www.salumicuredmeats.com/

Mamnoon – Incredible middle eastern food. 2.5 Top Chef Contestants work there. Anthony Bourdain stopped by recently.
http://mamnoonrestaurant.com/#menu

Din Tai Fung – Apparently the best there is. I was initially skeptical because it’s a small chain (4 cities and around ~12 shops in the USA), but several of my foodie friends have given rave reviews.
http://dintaifungusa.com/

Walrus and the Carpenter - This place is an incredible oyster and small plates bar. The only downside is that it's so freaking popular it can be a rascal to actually get into the joint.
http://www.thewalrusbar.com/

Harvest Beat - Offers a prix-fixe menu that respects food of the moment. Aka super fresh super bomb.
http://www.harvestbeat.com/

Dick's Drive-In Burger (http://www.ddir.com/)/ Ezell's Chicken (https://www.ezellschicken.com/) - These are two classic Seattle fast food joints. Definitely worth a try to say you did.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pubic works project posted:

I've watched two episodes so far. I like them, good stuff overall, but I really don't enjoy the spy poo poo.

I just watched him tear through a team sent to kill him where he shot a guy not once not twice but three times with a shot gun

He’s such a great punisher.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

The owner of Uline also donated $100k and I dont see him on that list.

e: oh corporations vs. individuals

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

reminder: kill the olds

https://twitter.com/AliceOllstein/status/938105184974188544

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wonder how he feels about Franken

The Cruz interview about Moore, followed by the question about Franken, was hilarious

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Can confirm Din Tai Fung rules. It is so good that they opened a second store next to the one in my hometown because it was always packed. Literally next door. They recently expanded into the local mall, closed the original shop, but kept the larger neighbor. The mall is maybe 4 blocks away.

Good stuff.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

made pinto bean and orzo soup with a can of hot hatch chiles

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hifi posted:

made pinto bean and orzo soup with a can of hot hatch chiles

I can smell your farts through this post

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Din Tai Fung is good. I prefer Harbor City for my dim sum fix, though. Dim sum places need to feel sketchy for me in order to feel authentic.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Oh snap. I got called in for an interview with a big boy organization.

First positive return on a job app in a long while.

Time to get unreasonably high hopes imo

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

pinto beans in the can dont make you fart

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Good luck, I hope it's not a soul sucking big boy organization.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

hope they search your email address and find that you post as JIZZ DENOUEMENT

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I got pulled into my boss' boss office and I was thinking welp I'm getting laid off but I guess I'm getting a raise which is weird because we just had our 7th round of layoffs. They started going into weird specifics about the benefits of being a big fish in a small pond at a smaller company rather than just a number at some soulless Total or ExxonMobil or Chevron and how we don't have perks like on campus dry cleaners.

I just sort of smiled and nodded, like I look at memes all day and poo poo post on something awful forums I have the upward mobility of tree sap. Is on campus dry cleaning a thing?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

I just sort of smiled and nodded, like I look at memes all day and poo poo post on something awful forums I have the upward mobility of tree sap. Is on campus dry cleaning a thing?

My company has a service that does pick up / drops offs twice a week, most of the travel people live by them.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah when I was at Rockwell they had a cafeteria, dry-cleaning, a gym and a coffee shop all on site.

Now I work in a building in downtown KC that has none of those amenities.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Blitz7x posted:

I got pulled into my boss' boss office and I was thinking welp I'm getting laid off but I guess I'm getting a raise which is weird because we just had our 7th round of layoffs. They started going into weird specifics about the benefits of being a big fish in a small pond at a smaller company rather than just a number at some soulless Total or ExxonMobil or Chevron and how we don't have perks like on campus dry cleaners.

Congrats on the raise!

JD, good luck on the interview!

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
It's pretty horrifying that we're truly in a post-truth world now. Moore's inevitable win pretty much means that one political party and their followers live in their own reality and nothing can touch it.

Idk, but today was a day that made me not hopeful for the future of our country after 4 years of Trump. Facts and objective realities don't mean poo poo and I feel like in this environment progress comes to a halt and there's not anything that can change that. What magically changes the outlook of Trump supporters/the GOP and their disdain for facts? I can't think of a single thing.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Russia got banned from the 2018 Olympics, lol. Putin gonna gently caress with our elections so hard next time.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Neil Armbong posted:

It's pretty horrifying that we're truly in a post-truth world now. Moore's inevitable win pretty much means that one political party and their followers live in their own reality and nothing can touch it.

Idk, but today was a day that made me not hopeful for the future of our country after 4 years of Trump. Facts and objective realities don't mean poo poo and I feel like in this environment progress comes to a halt and there's not anything that can change that. What magically changes the outlook of Trump supporters/the GOP and their disdain for facts? I can't think of a single thing.

Any Republican with a pulse should be winning in Alabama by 15 points. The fact that Moore might even lose is horrifying for Republicans. If this was in just about any other state Moore would be screwed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Lol russia

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Neil Armbong posted:

Moore's win isn't inevitable and anyone who says they can predict that race with a high degree of certainty is lying to you. It's an off-year election, in December, in a deep red state, with a historically unpopular president, where the GOP's nominee is a pedophile.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

axeil posted:

Moore's win isn't inevitable and anyone who says they can predict that race with a high degree of certainty is lying to you. It's an off-year election, in December, in a deep red state, with a historically unpopular president, where the GOP's nominee is a pedophile.

And yet he'll win anyway

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why didn't I age like Kurt Russell

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

enough of this defeatist crap.

start verbally abusing the gently caress out of these chuds

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

And yet he'll win anyway
if you're so confident about it you should do a toxx ;)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:toxx: If Moore wins the senate seat I'll laugh at what a pitiful cesspool Alabama is

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I was doing that regardless of the election

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Whenever I get stressed about the future of America I think of birth rates of American women cohorted by race and feel better

As that scary geezer King said in Braveheart, we’ll breed them/you out

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Intruder posted:

:toxx: If Moore wins the senate seat I'll laugh at what a pitiful cesspool Alabama is

Wow that's gutsy.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Some of the people I work with just asked if I'd be their new boss. I said sure but you have to negotiate my raise.

Then they found out that I'm 31 and couldn't believe it because apparently I act old. Which I guess is a nice way to say grumpy?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

No Butt Stuff posted:

Some of the people I work with just asked if I'd be their new boss. I said sure but you have to negotiate my raise.

Then they found out that I'm 31 and couldn't believe it because apparently I act old. Which I guess is a nice way to say grumpy?

Well your name certainly implies that

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
lol Dasvidaniya from gold medals ruskies

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Let's check in with r/legaladvice

quote:

Title: I went to buy some bitcoin, payed 5500 CAD in cash. I havent received the bitcoin, can the police do anything?

Hey, I live in ontario, canada. I met up with a guy through kijiji who said he was going to sell me bitcoin. I payed him 5500 canadian and he said he would go home and send me the bitcoins. He never sent them though and now im out 5500$. Is there anything the police can do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Whenever I get stressed about the future of America I think of birth rates of American women cohorted by race and feel better

As that scary geezer King said in Braveheart, we’ll breed them/you out

Demographics are a scary thing, because younger people are also all moving to metropolitan areas, and the easiest voter suppression mechanic is to simply understaff and limit polling stations, leading to the horrific lines in minority dominated areas.

Gonna have to kill our way out of this mess.

• Locked thread