Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Thinking about starting Blaine Gabbert in week 1 of the playoffs. This is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Lol so my 10-2 team gets to face a 4-8 team that scored 145 points in the first round of the playoffs last week. This is the worst playoff system ever, how the hell is this the standard for a 12 team league?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Santheb posted:

Lol so my 10-2 team gets to face a 4-8 team that scored 145 points in the first round of the playoffs last week. This is the worst playoff system ever, how the hell is this the standard for a 12 team league?

Because that same system deemed you worthy of playing the worst statistical record based on a random matchup list known as the fantasy football season schedule.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Big Money League 1: 1 seed, 1st round bye, finished with W4 and got the 1 seed by 20 points. Would have been the 5 or 6 with any loss the last 4 weeks.
Big Money League 2: 1 seed, 1st round bye, finished with a W10
Dynasty League (Medium Money): 2/3 seed, Won Division, Clinched Semifinal Berth (4 team playoffs)
Small Money League: Currently the 1 seed, Clinched Semifinal Berth, with a W3 now (4 team playoffs)

The money range is going to be really good if I can go 4-0 in Week 15. Between the 4 leagues I am 37-15

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I shouldn't try and bother to pickup and play Goff over Wilson, right?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pubic works project posted:

I think I'm going to go with the Cyanide (you misspelled it) option to fix my TE slot.

Thanks, that steps on a decent joke, too, so I def wanted to fix that

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Goon Fish Bowl playoffs are in. Did you make the top 24?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
JuJu suspended for 1 game.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Doltos posted:

Because that same system deemed you worthy of playing the worst statistical record based on a random matchup list known as the fantasy football season schedule.

No I don’t think those are the same two systems. If it had been a normal system where 80% of the league didn’t make the playoffs I would probably be facing the team of a guy who gave a poo poo throughout the year instead of a team that knew 4 wins would get him there.

What I’m saying is a 4-8 team should not be playing for money at the end of the year and it’s gonna suck when my team that did well all year scores 89 points and farts in week 14 :(

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
6 leagues, five playoff berths with the final one to be decided this week (ugh, week 17 finals), 2 byes, 2 #1 spots.

This could be a great year for fantasy or it could all come crashing down horribly. Ain't this fun? :D

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I'm curious what you guys buy-in is for your BML.

I know it can be all over the place.

My BML buy-in is $250 and the others I play in are all $50 except for one where its $50 then +$2 for every add/drop in the season.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

My BML buy-in is $250 and the others I play in are all $50 except for one where its $50 then +$2 for every add/drop in the season.

My biggest is one 75 dollar buy in, the other 3 are all $50. I tried to get in one that was a $250 buy in, that would’ve been cool but maybe next year.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Need to win this week to secure my playoff spot. Do I roll with the Jaguars DST against Seattle or pick up the Patriots @Mis or GB vs Cleveland?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Santheb posted:

My biggest is one 75 dollar buy in, the other 3 are all $50. I tried to get in one that was a $250 buy in, that would’ve been cool but maybe next year.

Ours costs $250 but only $200 of that goes into the pool. The other $50 goes into the SB pick at draft. If no one picks winner, it rolls over to next season. 2012-2014 no one picked the winner and in 2015 the guy in front of my grabbed the Patriots... I was so close to winning $2400.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Alfalfa posted:

My BML is $125 + $2/transaction, 10 teams.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

$200 for the 14 team league.

Only one other league I'm in has a buy in. $23. $20 goes to the prize pool and $3 goes towards a ring for the winner

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think I'm going to go with the Cyanide (you misspelled it) option to fix my TE slot.

Damnit. Thank you for catching that. My brain was shot at the end of last night.

Alfalfa posted:

I'm a crazy person in a bunch of leagues.

BML - $125 buy in plus $1 per transaction
MML $50 buy in
2nd MML - $25 buy in plus $1 per transaction
Cheating for Charity league -$25 buy in plus whatever resources are added for cheating
Dynasty goon league - $25
SML -$25

Kids missing Christmas when I fail to make the playoffs in any league.... Priceless

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Are you guys BML's mostly friends/co-workers/etc? Or are any from rando fantasy websites (or dead comedy forums)?

I'd like to try and get in one or two more next year, but none of my real life people are very serious about it.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat gonna miss out on a bye with the 2nd best record because of divisional poo poo. i dont understand why winning a division should matter when every team plays each other

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Divisions are only cool if it's real life people so you can talk poo poo and if your commissioner is cool (like me). I have kept a running tally of wins/losses/ties over the existence of the league. So we know who always beats down who, etc. It's good stuff if the context is right for it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Skip My Posts posted:

drat gonna miss out on a bye with the 2nd best record because of divisional poo poo. i dont understand why winning a division should matter when every team plays each other

I'm in the same situation, but this week is really a bye for me because I've already clinched the playoff spot. Maybe see if that's your case too?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Are you guys BML's mostly friends/co-workers/etc? Or are any from rando fantasy websites (or dead comedy forums)?

Friends. I would never trust anyone other than my friends enough. Too much that could go wrong.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Skip My Posts posted:

Hey there got screwed out of a bye thanks to division bs buddy

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
got #1 seed in my league and #1 overall points for first time in ten years heck yes

my friend showed me the league leader in his 12 team league - guy has gurley, Kamara, ab84, Keenan Allen, thielen and Jax defense

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mastershakeman posted:

got #1 seed in my league and #1 overall points for first time in ten years heck yes

my friend showed me the league leader in his 12 team league - guy has gurley, Kamara, ab84, Keenan Allen, thielen and Jax defense

My 12-1 team has Gurley, Kamara, and Bell. My WRs are a mess across all three leagues but that RB corps helps make up for it (I have Kamara everywhere, and Bell in two out of three.)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Okay so who should us Gronk owners trot out to replace him this week should he not win his appeal (he shouldn't)?

My options (1PPR):

Stephen Anderson vs. SF
Tyler Kroft vs. Chi
Eric Ebron @ TB
Ben Watson @ Pit
Ricky Seals-Jones vs. Ten

I was thinking Kroft before last night. I don't like Watson against Pittsburgh since they're good against the TE. Anderson is intriguing based on the injury to Fiedorowicz.

I'm bumping this from last page because my brain don't work too good today

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm in the same situation, but this week is really a bye for me because I've already clinched the playoff spot. Maybe see if that's your case too?

our playoffs start this week, 12 team league. 6 teams in playoffs 2 byes to each division winner

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Skip My Posts posted:

our playoffs start this week, 12 team league. 6 teams in playoffs 2 byes to each division winner

Ah, I also keep forgetting that most playoffs start this week.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Santheb posted:

No I don’t think those are the same two systems. If it had been a normal system where 80% of the league didn’t make the playoffs I would probably be facing the team of a guy who gave a poo poo throughout the year instead of a team that knew 4 wins would get him there.

What I’m saying is a 4-8 team should not be playing for money at the end of the year and it’s gonna suck when my team that did well all year scores 89 points and farts in week 14 :(

Why not go all the way and just give the championship to the team with the best record after 16 weeks? And why are you annoyed that you get to face the 7th or 8th best team instead of the 3rd or 4th? It'll suck to lose either way, might as well play the worst team you can.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
If we are bragging about rosters I would like to put forward
Gurley, Kamara, Hunt, AB, Green, Tate, Gronk. But only 10-3.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Felter Chesthard posted:

If we are bragging about rosters I would like to put forward
Gurley, Kamara, Hunt, AB, Green, Tate, Gronk. But only 10-3.

I'll see you and raise you a:

Brady (was Wilson up until week 11), Bell, Ingram, Hyde, Julio, Evans, Graham w/ a decent bench of Crowder, Gordon, & Collins

I'm only 9-4 :\

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
After the season ends Yahoo does round ups of who was on the winning rosters across all leagues, right?

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

BML 1 is 200 with 1100 for 1st. Pays out 4 spots, weekly payouts, plus $100 for High Total Points
BML 2 is 100 with 800 for 1st, 3 payouts
Dynasty is 125 with 500 for 1st plus paying 4 spots and 3 categories
Smallest league is 50 with a 275 for 1st with 3 payouts

I am also in 2 college money leagues but let's not bring that up this year as I have a bowl game fantasy draft next week

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Kloaked00 posted:

Need to win this week to secure my playoff spot. Do I roll with the Jaguars DST against Seattle or pick up the Patriots @Mis or GB vs Cleveland?

I picked up Cincinnati (v Chicago) to start this week and am benching Jax

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Wait, what is the argument FOR benching JAX D/ST? Seattle's mystical December splits?

Aren't they in DSYS status? And they are still projected as getting the most sacks and a handful of INTs against a west coast team travelling really far for a morning game?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

AnacondaHL posted:

Wait, what is the argument FOR benching JAX D/ST? Seattle's mystical December splits?

Aren't they in DSYS status? And they are still projected as getting the most sacks and a handful of INTs against a west coast team travelling really far for a morning game?

But but but I also have GB vs CLE...

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

AnacondaHL posted:

This. Don't sit Jacksonville if you have them. If you end up losing because you decided to start Cincinnati or Green Bay over Jacksonville, you are going to feel really dumb.

I adhere to the philosophy of which decision will make me hate myself the least when it all goes wrong. (Which it always does!)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

I adhere to the philosophy of which decision will make me hate myself the least when it all goes wrong. (Which it always does!)

So I should or shouldn't start Alex Smith this week using this thought process?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm rolling with GB over Philly this week. And I guess I'm going to grab Ricky Seals-Jones to play over Gronk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

AnacondaHL posted:

The rest of your post makes sense, but it’s a 4:30p game if I’m not mistaken

• Locked thread