Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Being able to queue attack orders is super nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Two years in and the land bends to our will :black101:

I've never seen this before, a fairly stable and amicable 3 person relationship - I think this is possible with the unmodded game, you just don't usually have all three of them liking each other :shrug:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I love when my artists make art about themselves making art :allears:

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Flesh Forge posted:

I've never seen this before, a fairly stable and amicable 3 person relationship - I think this is possible with the unmodded game, you just don't usually have all three of them liking each other :shrug:

Is that a three person bed?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I'm assuming that's the polygamy mod in action.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Flesh Forge posted:

Being able to queue attack orders is super nice:

What are those bundles you have in your storage area?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Trogdos! posted:

What are those bundles you have in your storage area?

Bone from the bone mod.

Good for getting skulls for the skull throne.

When you butcher stuff you get bone, which can be used in a variety of interesting ways. I've been using it for a few days. It's an interesting mod.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

Is that a three person bed?

It is, but it's from a mod that simply adds a 3 person bed, it doesn't touch any of the pawn social code or anything. I actually only got it for the 2 person sleeping spot, because when you start with no supplies or clothing or weapons, you can't make 2-person bedrolls for like, 10 days. This is the first time I thought to try the 3 person bed, it's neat :kiddo:
e: Polygamous is a trait added by Psychology, although I've had spouse/lover triangles happen before I installed Psychology, I think Polygamous only makes it more likely that the trait-haver will cheat. It doesn't do anything to the other two in the relationship to make them tolerate it better as far as I know.

re: Bone Mod - it's fun, it gives you a useful construction material that can be used to make anything that can be 'stuffed' from wood (e.g. sculptures, walls, doors, beds, most or all of the vanilla low tech weapons) but the far end of the research it adds ends up giving you a super generous conversion of steel to plasteel (40 steel plus some bone and labor to 60 plasteel). I mentioned this to the mod author, I don't think it's crazy super unreasonable to be able to make plasteel considering you can salvage it from stuff you smelt but it's way too generous in current form :shrug:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 5, 2017

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

I love when my artists make art about themselves making art :allears:

im the sculpture in cel shaded style

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

Bone from the bone mod.

Good for getting skulls for the skull throne.

When you butcher stuff you get bone, which can be used in a variety of interesting ways. I've been using it for a few days. It's an interesting mod.

If there's a Skull Throne mod then suddenly I feel compelled to make one.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If there's a Skull Throne mod then suddenly I feel compelled to make one.

Miniature Skull Throne: requires 100 bone
Tiny Skull Throne: requires 1 Miniature Skull Throne, 500 bone
Small Skull Throne: requires 1 Tiny Skull Throne, 2500 bone
Modest Skull Throne: requires 1 Small Skull Throne, 10000 bone
Medium Skull Throne: requires 1 Modest Skull Throne, 25000 bone
Kind Of Big Skull Throne: requires 1 Medium Skull Throne, 50000 bone
Big Skull Throne: requires 1 Kind Of Big Skull Throne, 100000 bone
Bigger Skull Throne: requires 1 Big Skull Throne, 250000 bone
Even Bigger... you get the idea

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

Miniature Skull Throne: requires 100 bone
Tiny Skull Throne: requires 1 Miniature Skull Throne, 500 bone
Small Skull Throne: requires 1 Tiny Skull Throne, 2500 bone
Modest Skull Throne: requires 1 Small Skull Throne, 10000 bone
Medium Skull Throne: requires 1 Modest Skull Throne, 25000 bone
Kind Of Big Skull Throne: requires 1 Medium Skull Throne, 50000 bone
Big Skull Throne: requires 1 Kind Of Big Skull Throne, 100000 bone
Bigger Skull Throne: requires 1 Big Skull Throne, 250000 bone
Even Bigger... you get the idea

That's not a Skull Throne, its a Skull Throne Throne!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Flesh Forge posted:

re: Bone Mod - it's fun, it gives you a useful construction material that can be used to make anything that can be 'stuffed' from wood (e.g. sculptures, walls, doors, beds, most or all of the vanilla low tech weapons) but the far end of the research it adds ends up giving you a super generous conversion of steel to plasteel (40 steel plus some bone and labor to 60 plasteel). I mentioned this to the mod author, I don't think it's crazy super unreasonable to be able to make plasteel considering you can salvage it from stuff you smelt but it's way too generous in current form :shrug:

Oh yeah I don't touch that stuff with a twelve foot pole. That's one of the issues with Rimworld modding, the ever present inclusion of some kind of nonsense OP aspect that maybe the author thinks they need to dangle out in order to entice people to sub.

Vegetable garden! Great mod! BTW cook some soup and get the equivalent of a synthetic liver. Easy life.

I just like making tribal huts and furniture out of bone.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Oh Mika no :ohdear:

Oh never mind then carry on

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Haha this is like some soap opera poo poo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
open marriages never work

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Feeb dumped Bricks like 2 days later, it seems to have been some kind of revenge-gently caress thing :shrug:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Flesh Forge posted:

Looks like the Cults mod author is getting ready to release it for 0.18:

https://github.com/jecrell/Call-of-Cthulhu---Cults/

?

The version on steam workshop is already for 18, and has been for a while now. I've been using it for over a week.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

ShadowHawk posted:

Triggers for death are:
- An infection or similar disease hitting 100%
- A vital organ having 0 hit points (brain, heart, spine)
- Consciousness, blood pumping, blood filtration, breathing, or metabolism hitting 0

That last one is probably what killed them, such as if they had reduced consciousness from blood loss combined with reduced consciousness from disease combined with reduced consciousness from drugs or withdrawal.

This is why sometimes smokeleaf will kill a pawn on the spot.

Smokeleaf: Not Even Once

Flesh Forge posted:

Looks like the Cults mod author is getting ready to release it for 0.18:

https://github.com/jecrell/Call-of-Cthulhu---Cults/

Cult mod was already updated on workshop a bit ago, seems to be working fine for me?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

?

The version on steam workshop is already for 18, and has been for a while now. I've been using it for over a week.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah Cults has been working, although for me it looks like it may have been the source of my massive frame drops when right clicking things, which i had previously viciously blamed Nature's Pretty Sweet for.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Bugger

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Anyone using the bridges mod with fishing managed to get your colonists to cook crayfish?

I've got a stack of cray fish and they are enabled as an ingredient in fine meals but the buggers just won't cook them.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
That's because crawfish is poor people food and your chef is hella classist.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Boiled Shellfish also requires some type of vegetable ingredient. I know this frustrated me a few times, as well...

Edit: Nevermind...

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
I don't think you can use crayfish to make fine meals. Simple only.

I've been using that mod for my tribal arctic start. Wasn't enough though, I had to resort to a LOT of cannibalism, and much of it was raw because researching electricity is a huge pain in the rear end.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I wish I knew why fish from that mod has to be its own special snowflake food and not just another form of meat.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShadowHawk posted:

Triggers for death are:
- An infection or similar disease hitting 100%
- A vital organ having 0 hit points (brain, heart, spine)
- Consciousness, blood pumping, blood filtration, breathing, or metabolism hitting 0

That last one is probably what killed them, such as if they had reduced consciousness from blood loss combined with reduced consciousness from disease combined with reduced consciousness from drugs or withdrawal.

This is why sometimes smokeleaf will kill a pawn on the spot.

Nope. I have Death Rattle. The last one isn't fatal for my pawns.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wish I knew why fish from that mod has to be its own special snowflake food and not just another form of meat.
There is just generic "fish meat" which is great and what it should be. Occasionally you fish up a big or small fish and have to butcher it and get meat and it works like any other meat. But then there's all these weird specific fish with specific recipes that feel needlessly complex and un-vanilla and I wish it was just "fish meat" and they left it at that.

I've only caught a couple crayfish though. Everything else has just been generic fish meat. I like the mod on balance, but the specific foods and recipes are terrible.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Flesh Forge posted:

e: Polygamous is a trait added by Psychology, although I've had spouse/lover triangles happen before I installed Psychology, I think Polygamous only makes it more likely that the trait-haver will cheat. It doesn't do anything to the other two in the relationship to make them tolerate it better as far as I know.

Nah, Polyamorous doesn't make the colonist more likely to cheat. Only Lecher does that. Polyamorous just makes it so they can't be cheated on. They won't cheat on non-Polyamorous lovers (unless they would anyway) but they're fine with their lovers picking up other lovers. So if you have a bunch of Polyamorous colonists they can all get into a relationship together -- and you only need a bed in the same room as the rest, not one bed that can fit them all.

Also, pawns that aren't very Romantic will totally have meaningless hookups.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1098354593 converts any generic meat into chicken meat, which is a true blessing. Maybe it'll work on that mod?

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
Huh, didn't even look at specific recipes for that mod. My gripe is that catching fish bigger than "tiny" is pretty rare. I think I've gotten one salmon. The traps feel ok though.

The best is when you get drop pods with ~50 small fish in it. Saved my colony more than once.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

All the other animals that you can hunt have their own meat, though? Like, I agree it makes stockpiles a pain in the rear end, but I don't think you can blame the mod for applying the same model.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

The traps are amazing on arctic maps where they produce what feels like a laughably robust amount of food.

Actual fishing always felt like the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
i feel fishing isn't worth the time as it's modded atm because of rate of return and stockpile hauling problems. but maybe it's just a matter of perception and scale (like maybe 3 people doing it would be better).

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Build a bunch of fish traps everywhere :shrug:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is it a little weird to anyone else that consciousness hitting 0 is a death trigger? Like, that should really just knock them out until whatever's bringing consciousness down goes away. It makes no sense that an injured person can smoke weed and then just immediately drop dead because it made their brain stop working.

e: like, honestly, if you just turned off the consciousness death trigger you'd end up simulating vegetative states and people passing out from weed/booze in a weirdly realistic manner, but as it stands people just instantly drop dead. It works okay for the former scenario and is probably preferable to having to feed a useless colonist, but the latter is a really bizarre edge case.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Is it a little weird to anyone else that consciousness hitting 0 is a death trigger? Like, that should really just knock them out until whatever's bringing consciousness down goes away. It makes no sense that an injured person can smoke weed and then just immediately drop dead because it made their brain stop working.

e: like, honestly, if you just turned off the consciousness death trigger you'd end up simulating vegetative states and people passing out from weed/booze in a weirdly realistic manner, but as it stands people just instantly drop dead. It works okay for the former scenario and is probably preferable to having to feed a useless colonist, but the latter is a really bizarre edge case.

You could probably make it work by having a cap on how low things like smokeweed and booze can take you without extreme amounts, whether it's a hard cap or a soft cap achieved with diminishing returns when you're below a certain amount. Like if you're at 20% consciousness and take some smokeweed, it'll only take you as low as 10 (which I believe counts as unconscious) even if the consciousness penalty is big enough to take you to 0, and thus death. Getting a little drunk would at worst knock you out, while getting extremely drunk while your brain is in poor shape might actually kill you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It can sometimes create weird effects but honestly I kind of like it, because I find "rip dave died of a weed while sick" funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Slime posted:

You could probably make it work by having a cap on how low things like smokeweed and booze can take you without extreme amounts, whether it's a hard cap or a soft cap achieved with diminishing returns when you're below a certain amount. Like if you're at 20% consciousness and take some smokeweed, it'll only take you as low as 10 (which I believe counts as unconscious) even if the consciousness penalty is big enough to take you to 0, and thus death. Getting a little drunk would at worst knock you out, while getting extremely drunk while your brain is in poor shape might actually kill you.

That's what Death Rattle does.