Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

These people are in their 60s, and have a three-year-old and a nine-year-old?

RolandTower posted:

Pretending it’s real, Lisa probably worded it poorly and meant they are 41 years old, not at 41 years of marriage. Even if they married at 16, that would put the 3 year old being born when lisa was 54 years old which would be exceedingly unlikely based on how ovaries work. Unless she’s making GBS threads on an adopted kid, which I guess would be just as possible.

Every time a couple in their 50's has a child they also have a teenage daughter living at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How could it be Maddy's? They were just watching a movie.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Married 41 years and their eldest kid is 18?

They waited 23 years to have a kid?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Pookah posted:

What's wrong with that?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Picnic Princess posted:

What's wrong with that?

Nothing at all, I'm sure after all that waiting they'll be grand parents, just grand.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Poldarn posted:

Every time a couple in their 50's has a child they also have a teenage daughter living at home.

Ah, good point

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

robotsinmyhead posted:

I went to a Gaffigan show maybe 6-8 months after the debut of his big special with the Hot Pockets bit in it. People brought boxes of Hot Pockets with them and waved them in the air ecstatically when he did the jokes. Later on, he signed the boxes at at the after-show meet and greet.

I died that day.

I just died hearing that story.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Pookah posted:

They might have older kids who have moved out and don't get to be on the xmas card.

Or it's what RolandTower said and they meant they are 41 not that they've been married 41 years.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
Guys... it's made up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

dumb. posted:

Guys... it's made up.

What? No......no. I just.......no

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FuhrerHat posted:

He forces his family (including young children under 10 years old) to dance on stage before his road shows.

Probably saves a fortune on labor. The man is destined for greatness.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

dumb. posted:

Guys... it's made up.

I'm fairly sure that's not allowed.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Probably saves a fortune on labor. The man is destined for greatness.

I heard he sends out his kids during breaks to pickpocket audience members, and beats them savagely if they fail to bring back enough money.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

dumb. posted:

Guys... it's made up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSaqQUIs7CM

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

I heard he sends out his kids during breaks to pickpocket audience members, and beats them savagely if they fail to bring back enough money.

What a Fag....in.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Solice Kirsk posted:

What a Fag....in.

:golfclap:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I saw Gaffigan in 2002 or so, evidently before his Hot Pocket bit. Instead he joked for a solid seven minutes about bread.

He was actually kind of funny and super nice after the show so I can’t really help but like the dude.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

dumb. posted:

Guys... it's made up.

Are we left with any sort of legal recourse? I already pasted the link to my wife and she was amused. How am I supposed to break this to her?

edit: Also first time I saw Gaffigan he was opening for John Pinette, I believe shortly after Seinfeld ended. I got a photo with him once and I was wearing my "My Grandma voted in West Palm Beach and all I got was this lousy President" t-shirt so must have been late 2001 that time. I liked him. I can't say his newer stuff is much better or worse than older stuff, it's just all the same so why bother? He did a good graduation speech for this old high school back in like 2005 I think, I only ever saw the transcript.

davebo has a new favorite as of 20:29 on Dec 5, 2017

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

davebo posted:

Are we left with any sort of legal recourse? I already pasted the link to my wife and she was amused. How am I supposed to break this to her?

Leave work early, beat her home, pack a bag, and withdraw all liquid assets from the bank. Leave for the train station before she gets home- your new name is Frank.

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
I saw his latest special on Netflix and while I did not literally LOL I smiled and did that short exhale though the nose thing.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Wait. Hold. The. gently caress. Up... Is that an actual Arthur quote? Have I really gone all these years using that reference and having no idea it came from Arthur?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bad Sneakers posted:

I saw his latest special on Netflix and while I did not literally LOL I smiled and did that short exhale though the nose thing.

I, too, smile thinly and then snort gently before sipping my claret.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

beato posted:

Wait. Hold. The. gently caress. Up... Is that an actual Arthur quote? Have I really gone all these years using that reference and having no idea it came from Arthur?

Yeah, in the episode it turns out that The Brain is a right-wing troll when they got to his blog. I was floored, it came completely out of nowhere.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Bad Sneakers posted:

His humor is pretty much white noise and he doesn't bring anything new to the table but he strikes me as not being absolutely reprehensible which is pretty much all I can cling to with celebrities and comedians nowadays.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The whispering thing is creepy and weird but he probably hasn't jerked off in front of a bunch of people so he's top notch at this point

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Jim Gaffigan: the least terrible male comedian we got.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Jim Gaffigan: It's just a phase until we all emotionally rebound from the whole Louie C.K. thing

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Android Apocalypse posted:

Eddie Izzard, all the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfrtU4Wdz9Y
I like this because the funny pictures are pre-responded to

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Jose Valasquez posted:

The whispering thing is creepy and weird but he probably hasn't jerked off in front of a bunch of people so he's top notch at this point

Android Apocalypse posted:

Brian Regan is probably not a sex pervert either so there's two at least

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

They have an entire 'novelty' line of candies: https://itsugar.com/novelty-candy.html

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Brian Regan is majorly fuckin unfunny. he's like the Chuck Lorre of standup

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

hawowanlawow posted:

Brian Regan is majorly fuckin unfunny. he's like the Chuck Lorre of standup

This is true. I'd take Jim Gaffigan's annoying high pitched whisper after every punchline any day over Brian Regan's "DURR DURR DURR" voice that he does.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This seriously doesn't strike me as a good combination

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Aesop Poprock posted:

i bet pence has that one

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Aesop Poprock posted:

:redflag:This is at least two dating red flags.:redflag:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

sneakyfrog posted:

i bet pence has that one

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Beachcomber posted:

:redflag:This is at least two dating red flags.:redflag:

The ability to feel and express joy and a love of horses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

The ability to feel and express joy and a love of horses?

Love of horses and alcoholism.