Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
"We're pushing back our content releases. We're gonna release content faster."

Wow, great update CDPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Minrad posted:

"We're pushing back our content releases. We're gonna release content faster."

Wow, great update CDPR.

Well to be fair, it says they are pushing back single player content, and want to release multiplayer content faster. No mention of new MP mode on that list though.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I just checked and they're studiously avoiding putting any Toussaint-related cards into Nilfgaard or any other faction for that matter, right?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Germain of Fox Hollow is from Toussaint and he's a neutral, but I don't think there is anyone else.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Megazver posted:

I just checked and they're studiously avoiding putting any Toussaint-related cards into Nilfgaard or any other faction for that matter, right?

Anna Henrietta is going to be the 4th leader of Nilfgaard, unless they changed plans, so they going to add the Toussaint roster together with her all in one go for lore friendliness and synergy reasons.

But in the end all you going to play as NG is Spies, but now with Anna.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
does anyone know when the season ends?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
IIRC this season is just one month, so next week?

Dinho Eledair
Feb 20, 2006

This season is the last two month'er, so at the end of December.

From next year the pro ladder will still be two months, but everything other than that will be one.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

theres some dev stream that is gonna start soon(right now they're just showing some youtube video I think)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh yeah also

https://www.playgwent.com/en/card-reveals

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
A lot of those cards look disgusting. Especially Letho, Weavess, Yrden.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm glad they're adding the Discover mechanic from Hearthstone

Also rows will have limits it seems

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

What's duel do?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Seedge posted:

What's duel do?

the attacking unit damages another by their power, if the other unit survives it deals the remaining power back

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

:vince:

over a hundred new cards, gently caress yeah. I've been feeling burned out but I guess it's time to start collecting ore again!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Assuming every faction is getting the same count of cards, each faction is getting 5 new silvers and 4 new golds and 9 bronzes. No new commons yet.

Plus this is probably the new leaders patch, right? So one gold from each faction may be a leader.

Minera fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 30, 2017

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Minrad posted:

Assuming every faction is getting the same count of cards, each faction is getting 5 new silvers and 4 new golds and 9 bronzes. No new commons yet.

Plus this is probably the new leaders patch, right? So one gold from each faction may be a leader.

The number of new cards per faction varies. Monsters and NG get 18, NR gets 17, ST and SK get 16. See https://www.playgwent.com/en/card-reveals

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/hRF2RpT.mp4

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Well looks like there's a new best premium in town

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

I wonder if Nilfgaard having more in-faction golds is a deliberate design they'll be sticking with or something that will even out.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Hey guys any advice on improving my "improved" milfgaard spying deck? I got up to rank 18 and then hit such a huge brick wall my MMR dropped below 3.6k. Should I really keep at it or wait until a day or two before the new season comes out? Or alternatively what is the big "meta" deck out right now? I have enough scraps for one gold card.

http://gwentify.com/decks/spy-control-deck/

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Just like everyone expected, there's something happening with rows? Peasent militia says 'fill a row with peasants' though of course rows are unlimited at the minute.

For me at least, winch looks pretty neat, even if it is fairly vanilla. No synergy with foltest or henselt, but you can fish out whichever machine you need. Isengrim the outlaw seems like the ultimate toolbox, since it seems to be any silver special or any silver scoiatel unit? That means you can lock, scorch, banish, dimeritium bomb, get value from something like horn or torvuiel, counter weather with Ida, artifact compression, throw down weather, decoy... maybe I'm overvaluing, but it seems to me like it'd be an auto-include just because it can do anything, or the card is more limited than the short description on the website implies.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

New Isengrim and similar effects are a la discover in hearthstone, you’re given a choice between 3 options selected randomly from the pool of possibilities.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Ah, thanks. That makes a lot more sense than the way it seemed :psyduck: Feels like it should have a different keyword since something like monster nest uses 'spawn' and has a selection of 7 or so.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I imagine they're gonna change that too

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

MarshyMcFly posted:

Hey guys any advice on improving my "improved" milfgaard spying deck? I got up to rank 18 and then hit such a huge brick wall my MMR dropped below 3.6k. Should I really keep at it or wait until a day or two before the new season comes out? Or alternatively what is the big "meta" deck out right now? I have enough scraps for one gold card.

http://gwentify.com/decks/spy-control-deck/

I can't think of anything besides slight tweaks (I run two enforcers, three infiltrators). I'm also treading water at rank 18 right now and I think at this point it's probably less about your deck than how you play it. Definitely try to learn the matchups so you don't get blindsided (I keep losing to weird Skellige decks) and remember that losing streaks happen.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Just learned the hard way that when you use Siggy to rez Dorregaray and then eat him with the Eki, Cerys doesn't proc. :argh: A bit annoying given that she seems to proc before deploy effects resolve on other units.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Duckbox posted:

I can't think of anything besides slight tweaks (I run two enforcers, three infiltrators). I'm also treading water at rank 18 right now and I think at this point it's probably less about your deck than how you play it. Definitely try to learn the matchups so you don't get blindsided (I keep losing to weird Skellige decks) and remember that losing streaks happen.

Yea I think my deck is solid and I can’t really tweak it in major ways that would be beneficial. I just keep getting unlucky and not playing optimally is all. I just need to stop getting tilted every time I lose to a deck I couldn’t predict and counter. I’ve learned a bunch about the decks I’m up against though. I actually think spell elves are my best match up if I have an infiltrator, Menno and Peter ready to lay waste to their protectors at the end of the match. Skellige is a hard match up sometimes unless they’re playing with greatswords. Hardest match up might be NR swarms decks. However, if I have muzzle and ceallach then I can control the siege support dudes with ease. Most match ups i usually lose to their last round scorch which is so aggravating! Lol at this game.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

MarshyMcFly posted:

Yea I think my deck is solid and I can’t really tweak it in major ways that would be beneficial. I just keep getting unlucky and not playing optimally is all. I just need to stop getting tilted every time I lose to a deck I couldn’t predict and counter. I’ve learned a bunch about the decks I’m up against though. I actually think spell elves are my best match up if I have an infiltrator, Menno and Peter ready to lay waste to their protectors at the end of the match. Skellige is a hard match up sometimes unless they’re playing with greatswords. Hardest match up might be NR swarms decks. However, if I have muzzle and ceallach then I can control the siege support dudes with ease. Most match ups i usually lose to their last round scorch which is so aggravating! Lol at this game.

Yeah I got my huge infiltrator scorched last night. I normally save rainfarn for last play, but I needed a Menno target. Another game I lost by two points because joachim pulled the operator'd dol blathana. Any other card would have won it. :qq:

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

frajaq posted:

the attacking unit damages another by their power, if the other unit survives it deals the remaining power back

Burza confirmed that it continues till one unit dies. A DUEL TO THE DEATH!

Could be a really interesting mechanic if we see some bronzes with it. Quen basically acts as a force doubler in that case.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Yay! Time to use some of that meteorite powder.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I've not spent a penny on this game but have a whole bunch of animated cards just by playing, who's actually spending $$$ on kegs/powder ffs

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 2, 2017

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

ThomasPaine posted:

I've not spent a penny on this game but have a whole bunch of animated cards is just by playing, who's actually spending $$$ on kegs/powder ffs

i did, at the start. (on cards, not powder.) it annoys me to basically not be able to play competitive decks for lack of cards. i got a nice little boost at the start, to the point where i could at least construct a variety of decent monsters decks, and from then on i played normally.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Just had this game happen and didn’t even realize I almost lost because I had a higher strength target tagged in the back. Still a great swinging game.

https://youtu.be/SgR8COoOQJI

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I just need to know what this guy does, because his adorable rear end is going in all my decks no matter what.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

It might be a spell! It doesn't have a strength listed, but that may just be that there isn't one released yet. Either way, I agree that it is one cute Uma!

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Had a Spella'tael player 2-0 himself today when he tried to get a mite too clever for his own good. Of course, he also opened his must-win round 2 by playing three of his four Protectors (Operator in R1), so I really don't know what he was thinking in general. (I mean, I was probably gonna squeeze 'em out of him regardless, but he didn't know that for sure...)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://www.twitch.tv/cdprojektred

Stream again

More cards

More RNG

More amazing card art

e: the reveal page was updated

frajaq fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 5, 2017

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006