Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Who decided it was a good idea to take that picture in the same corner where the intern photoshopped herself onto a Twilight promo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
People keep ganking the football graphic designers stuff....she's not happy

https://twitter.com/SmashMcCaff/status/937824486107303941

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

wernox posted:

I was about to say "well, it's not something so unique I think it's definitively a copy, they could have come up with the design independently" but then I noticed the line that goes between the logos and the players' necks. Yeah that's blatant.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wernox posted:

Pft, every designer is stealing every other designer's poo poo all day, every day.

They publish big books of designs that are basically "Hey, Here's a Book Full of poo poo You Can Copy"

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ganking designs is as old as time, but is never a cool thing to do.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA gonna win the next 5 nattys

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

D.N. Nation posted:

Mark Richt has lost control of Georgia football

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Governor Kirby forced him out

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

Ganking designs is as old as time, but is never a cool thing to do.

Her original is so generic they probably package a template like that in Illustrator these days. You can't be like "Oh my precious original design" when it's a cutout of a dude staring at the camera cropped like that. People have been designing sports events fliers that look exactly like that for a decade.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have turned on games and saw USC thinking ISU was playing. Don’t care, even if ISU is ripping them off, they’re way better than the late 90s/00s uniforms were.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Duh the one one the left has two stripes on the shoulder area dude. Totally different.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

quote:

We sampled it from them but it's not the same bassline. It goes 'ding ding ding di di ding ding… ding ding ding di di ding ding.' That's the way theirs goes. Ours goes 'ding ding ding di di ding ding… DING… ding ding ding di di ding ding.' That little bitty change -- it's not the same.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/938192169810227202

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Now I am fired up about the Outback Bowl

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Similarly, I am suddenly mad about the snub

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

AsInHowe posted:

If true I'm happy to be in the Outback bowl for #fryinnanni, I was underwhelmed to be playing Michigan again in it but this is at least fun.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao ryan nanni owns

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

I have turned on games and saw USC thinking ISU was playing. Don’t care, even if ISU is ripping them off, they’re way better than the late 90s/00s uniforms were.

At least bring back the old logo.

No lie I will occassionally see billboards for USC and get briefly confused about why ISU is advertising in LA.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Kirby gonna hand pick the replacement and make a donation to their “retirement fund”

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

At least bring back the old logo.

No lie I will occassionally see billboards for USC and get briefly confused about why ISU is advertising in LA.

I have a friend that gets confused what day of the week it is when he sees Iowa playing and thinks it's the Steelers.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Still lol that the truck stop king of the Midwest and south is loving up things for both a NFL franchise and a major college football program. Do the Haslams not notice every football related thing they touch turns to poo poo?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

an adult beverage posted:

Still lol that the truck stop king of the Midwest and south is loving up things for both a NFL franchise and a major college football program. Do the Haslams not notice every football related thing they touch turns to poo poo?

They are rich, therefore they are right about everything always.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

I have a friend that gets confused what day of the week it is when he sees Iowa playing and thinks it's the Steelers.

Well yeah that’s literally a direct ripoff, and they acknowledge it so it’s a little different, I think. Hayden intentionally took their uniforms because he was trying to help players feel like winners and that was a really successful sports franchise with the same colors. He asked the Steelers for permission before he did it too.

They changed so they were a less direct ripoff in the mid and late 90s with some really awful rebook uniforms but Kirk is from Pittsburgh and switched them back as soon as he took the job.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

an adult beverage posted:

This country has slowly but surely been poisoned with the idea that rich = smart, to its everlasting ruin.

warheadr
Jul 6, 2005
Halle-loving-lujah Kurt Roper is gone!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

Well yeah that’s literally a direct ripoff, and they acknowledge it so it’s a little different, I think. Hayden intentionally took their uniforms because he was trying to help players feel like winners and that was a really successful sports franchise with the same colors. He asked the Steelers for permission before he did it too.

They changed so they were a less direct ripoff in the mid and late 90s with some really awful rebook uniforms but Kirk is from Pittsburgh and switched them back as soon as he took the job.

Iowa uses the older number style too, which actually makes them more authentic Steelers uniforms than the Steelers uniforms.

As much grief as Iowa has caused my football over the years, I must admit they do have a pretty good look. There's enough little differences to make them not just Steelers uniforms and my brain even tricks itself into thinking it's a slightly different shade of yellow between the two.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn and UNC ironing out a deal to play a game that will still be branded as a "Chick-fil-a Kickoff Game", but take place in Week 2 of 2020; someone else will be playing the Kickoff-ier Kickoff game in Week 1.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Auburn and UNC ironing out a deal to play a game that will still be branded as a "Chick-fil-a Kickoff Game", but take place in Week 2 of 2020; someone else will be playing the Kickoff-ier Kickoff game in Week 1.

I should have known this would be the next step once they started having multiple "kickoff games" in one weekend.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Virginia-Georgia is the kickoff that year in what should be a hilarious blowout and one of the best days of my fandom

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Ungratek posted:

Virginia-Georgia is the kickoff that year in what should be a hilarious blowout and one of the best days of my fandom

That's either going to be a bad opening week for your new coach or the sign your fanbase knows the Bronco era is truly over.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Haha holy poo poo, they just showed this on the Today Show.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Follow Up That is probably fake:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The Twitter account only was registered yesterday and basically has just tweeted that, which is why it is probably fake. I don't say it is assuredly fake because, you know, Aggie.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The original post was also pretty clearly a joke. Not because Aggies aren't weird, but because even the weirdest Aggies aren't really that genuinely reverent about the dog.

The poster seems to be a drive-by shitposter on the 247 board

General Dog fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 6, 2017

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

wandler20 posted:

Haha holy poo poo, they just showed this on the Today Show.

#FryinNanni

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Also what do you think it would smell like lol

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Also what do you think it would smell like lol

Nanni, the onion costume, or Reveille the dog?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ENOUGHSENOUGH24/status/938451051547648002

owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Don't doxx me

• Locked thread