Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tired Moritz posted:

please don't use exp for Lily, probably someone you would literally only use for one event

I leveled her up because she is a good girl who deserves to be max ascension even if I never ever actually use her to fight because I pulled Altera on like day 3.

Plus she's still got a gold border on her card.

Nyaa posted:

I burned lily on the beginning for desperate shop purchases.

Fortunately the event gives 5 out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Poor Saber Lily, stuck from a time when DW had no idea what they were doing.

Maybe she'll get 2 or 3 Strengthening Quests, and then she'll be almost as good as vanilla Saber! :smith:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Pureauthor posted:

Maybe she'll get 2 or 3 Strengthening Quests, and then she'll be almost as good as vanilla Saber! :smith:
Oh she most certainly can reach 3.0 saber.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014

UberJew posted:

Could be worse, could be gears or pages, both of which i need and neither of which is available at all

Those are probably next on the list...
Guess Cat will have to wait to reach peak performance.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm pretty much going to have to dedicate a week to grinding in London when it's available to get some gears for Jack, because it's a mat that seemingly very rarely comes up during events.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
My highest scoring team for the 50 AP is Caesar / Robin / Martha / Saber Alter / Saber Alter / Marie.

I'm getting the feeling that I'm not gonna farm the 50 AP with 4 riders.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It's ok. At least player will level and ascend Lily and even grail her to 100. This player will use her all the time and never forsake their beloved Saber Lily Father Angel. :in smith:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

KoldPT posted:

My highest scoring team for the 50 AP is Caesar / Robin / Martha / Saber Alter / Saber Alter / Marie.

I'm getting the feeling that I'm not gonna farm the 50 AP with 4 riders.

It should be fine as long as you get Robin's NP up on Altera. Carmilla is the only real threat to riders, and Caesar can drop an NP on Scathach. Your big problem with that team is more likely to be cost.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Santa alter is the best santa I've seen

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've decided: I'm gonna grail Rice Boy on my alt, he's just helping me so much.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
He helps Chaldea a lot too. Infinite rice means your diet is stale as hell, but at least you'll keep living in the post apocalypse.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Gologle posted:

He helps Chaldea a lot too. Infinite rice means your diet is stale as hell, but at least you'll keep living in the post apocalypse.
At least the rice is delicious!

Too bad there's not many mythological figures with that kinda food-type NPs.

Although you can probably whip something up with Circe... Does it count as cannibalism if they're pigs?

Kyte fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 5, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

This is the first time I've beaten a boss in a game, lost in the cutscene anyway, and then completely agreed with the decision. Santa Alter is a good saberface

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Circe can turn things that aren't people into pigs.

Also apparently they get food by going back into cleared singularities and hunting there.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Astolfo comes with London right? His cameo in the event was super cute.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Astolfo comes with White Day, which who knows how they're going to handle in the US. It'll probably be some random banner at their discretion.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Probably at valentines

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Rice boy is literally the servant to solve world hunger. If only servants are summon not for murdering each other...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

astolfo and amakusa are the white day servants so they could just say its a random thing for f/a on netflix

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kyte posted:

At least the rice is delicious!

Too bad there's not many mythological figures with that kinda food-type NPs.

Although you can probably whip something up with Circe... Does it count as cannibalism if they're pigs?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

UberJew posted:

You can't. Only repeatable source in NA rn is Caster 30 or 40 ap quests on fridays only

Could be worse, could be gears or pages, both of which i need and neither of which is available at all
I was thinking gears, but they were fangs. My b.

For Pages, level Edward Teach and do his interlude. It gives you quite a few.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 6, 2017

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Someone told me Marie's alleged last words before she was executed and I felt an immense wave of sadness just wash over me. Vive le France, Marie, sail on silver girl, your Christmas time has come to shine :smith:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Well, what were they? (allegedly)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

taser rates posted:

Astolfo comes with White Day, which who knows how they're going to handle in the US. It'll probably be some random banner at their discretion.

Plutonis posted:

Probably at valentines

:negative:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

WASSUP MY HOMIES

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

"Pardon me sir, I meant not to do it." after accidentally stepping on the executioner's foot.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
She apologized to (I think) her executioner for accidentally bumping into him, saying that she didn't mean to. Salem spoilers ahead: It's mirrored in Sanson's resummoning at Chaldea in Salem at the end, which is where I saw it posted

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

RanKizama posted:

Gears are available in plenty with this event. I got a buttload of them and am grinding Saber Monuments to final ascend Okita soon.

For Pages, level Edward Teach and do his interlude. It gives you quite a few.

wait what? they aren't in the shop and as near as i can tell from the drop spreadsheet it isn't a drop anywhere https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FK50CK51YSZX3tlcG2Aad_WMuImvCO9TP-kMx_nDqow/htmlview?sle=true

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

UberJew posted:

wait what? they aren't in the shop and as near as i can tell from the drop spreadsheet it isn't a drop anywhere https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FK50CK51YSZX3tlcG2Aad_WMuImvCO9TP-kMx_nDqow/htmlview?sle=true
Nvm, I'm dumb.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 6, 2017

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

RanKizama posted:

Gears are in the lottery lineups. There's five in each lineup IIRC

Dust, bones, claws and shields. Nothing rarer than bronze or dust.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RanKizama posted:

Gears are in the lottery lineups. There's five in each lineup IIRC

:psyduck:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I really can't tell which material you're mistaking for gears. Proofs, maybe? I mean they're round.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Finally, I'm now a mother. I need to grind more assassin everything

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

NRVNQSR posted:

I really can't tell which material you're mistaking for gears. Proofs, maybe? I mean they're round.
Nope, you're right. I'm thinking fangs. Sorry about that.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Y'all fuckers on the discord should have warned me Teach was like this before I grailed him.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
When you think about it, he's basically your Persona. A reflection of the inner self.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why would you grail him WITHOUT knowing hes like that

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

Someone told me Marie's alleged last words before she was executed and I felt an immense wave of sadness just wash over me. Vive le France, Marie, sail on silver girl, your Christmas time has come to shine :smith:

FGO Marie is cool because they based her Servant form on Maria Antonia, the girl she was before marrying Louis the 16th and changing her name. Good at singing and dancing, naive, kind, borderline illiterate and uninterested in politics.

Maria Antonia vs. Marie Antoinette would have been a better story than Jeanne vs. Jeanne Alter.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

ZiegeDame posted:

What's this? Santa doesn't get a boost during the saberface event? The War on Christmas strikes again :argh:

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Santa Alter is only canon in December so events aren't allowed to acknowledge that she exists unless they're Christmas events.

Also, she's a Rider. Of course she wouldn't get a bonus in an event called Saber Wars.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Vengarr posted:

FGO Marie is cool because they based her Servant form on Maria Antonia, the girl she was before marrying Louis the 16th and changing her name. Good at singing and dancing, naive, kind, borderline illiterate and uninterested in politics.

Maria Antonia vs. Marie Antoinette would have been a better story than Jeanne vs. Jeanne Alter.

Actually, we need a Saber Lady Oscar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Y'all fuckers on the discord should have warned me Teach was like this before I grailed him.

I'm guessing you haven't done Okeanos yet, then.