Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Am I the only one who doesn't really like Guespert episodes? I come to MBMBAM for goofs and they rarely have any during those segments. They should at least have the guest answer a Yahoo Answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Piell posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't really like Guespert episodes? I come to MBMBAM for goofs and they rarely have any during those segments. They should at least have the guest answer a Yahoo Answer.

I think it depends on the guest for me. Like, Eat Pray Love lady gave me very little to give a poo poo about because I just don't give a poo poo about her 'fields' but Buffet was really fun because I like Boat Life poo poo and hearing him talk about how we should eat more lion fish (sorry, tastyfish) is fun.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
They vary wildly for sure.

I recall Jonah Ray's being okay but all I can really remember is he shared a very funny joke of Kumail Nanjiani's (Every time The Rock is in a movie, every character's first words to him should be "you're huge!") and an extended goof about zombie media that shies away from the z-word for no good reason(we call them skin-skeletons!).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Are you Jonah Ray~?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Please, obvs its Kumail Nanjiani wanting to mention their good joke, and just making it look like its Jonah Ray posting.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Are you Jonah Ray~?

Who wants to know?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Please listen to my podcast The Indoor Kids about video games.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I haven't seen the Big Sick yet, but I am sure I will enjoy it when I get around to it!

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Piell posted:

I don't remember particularly disliking any of them, but I also can't actually remember any good bits from them, so I guess it's a wash.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

One of the adverts at the beginning of the new Dollop is for another new John Roderick podcast. As well as doing Friendly Fire, a war movie podcast, with the guys from MaxFun's GreatestGen, Roderick also seems to be doing a 'time capsule' podcast with Ken Jennings, called Omnibus.

Apparently this was announced ages ago, but this is the first I've heard of it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

New Butt Order posted:

I don't remember particularly disliking any of them, but I also can't actually remember any good bits from them, so I guess it's a wash.

yea the only one that really sticks in my memory is Jonah's just because I loving love the zombies but not called zombies goof train they boarded.

Jimmy seems like a super cool and chill guy (no poo poo) but I don't think he was very FUNNY. He was interesting, and shared some cool info, but I think he came on thinking it was gonna be a more 'real' advice show kinda thing where Jonah, being a comedy guy who's very plugged into podcasts, knew the point was make jokes. I don't think one is inherently 'better' than the other as long as the guest is interesting, though.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I love Griffin and Rachel like I love baby toes, but I just can't listen to "Wonderful!" It's boring. And believe me, I could use something cheerful to listen to.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I love Griffin and Rachel like I love baby toes, but I just can't listen to "Wonderful!" It's boring. And believe me, I could use something cheerful to listen to.

I love it because it's nice to have a calm thing to listen two by two genuinely kind people.
Boring, sure but it's like sleepy time tea.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Tears In A Vial posted:

One of the adverts at the beginning of the new Dollop is for another new John Roderick podcast. As well as doing Friendly Fire, a war movie podcast, with the guys from MaxFun's GreatestGen, Roderick also seems to be doing a 'time capsule' podcast with Ken Jennings, called Omnibus.

Apparently this was announced ages ago, but this is the first I've heard of it.
I remember that being mentioned on Roderick On The Line. Thanks for the heads up.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Is it doctor speak or is it "out of control SJWs skeletons" that is causing Sydnee's allergy to saying "women" or "moms."

The only reason I noticed anything is she kept immediately correcting herself to say "people who give birth" and "people with uteruses" so it stood out. V:shobon:V

Also I heard that promo on the Dollop too and it took me a beat to remember where I had heard that name before. Duh. :downs:

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
She's acknowledging the fact that not all people who give birth or have periods are moms/women, and the inverse that not all women have periods and not all moms can or do give birth

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

My taste overlaps pretty well with the things griffin is interested in so wonderful usually gives me ideas of things I genuinely want to check out

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Previa_fun posted:

Is it doctor speak or is it "out of control SJWs skeletons" that is causing Sydnee's allergy to saying "women" or "moms."

The only reason I noticed anything is she kept immediately correcting herself to say "people who give birth" and "people with uteruses" so it stood out. V:shobon:V

Also I heard that promo on the Dollop too and it took me a beat to remember where I had heard that name before. Duh. :downs:

Is there a firefox addon that filters the term "SJW" to "skeleton?" That sounds like a good idea. It would kick in just rarely enough to not get old.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Previa_fun posted:

The only reason I noticed anything is she kept immediately correcting herself to say "people who give birth" and "people with uteruses" so it stood out.
There are a lot of good reasons transpeople don't have bottom (genital) surgery. Too expensive, too not-covered-by-insurance, too many side effects, too destructive of fertility. If you are (say) a transman and you want to have a child related to you, pregnancy is your only option. Bottom surgery isn't going to give you sperm. Assuming you believe somebody is a transman whether or not he has had bottom surgery -- and you should -- then a transman may have periods, have cervical cancer, give birth. A good doctor is going to treat the conditions associated with having a uterus without calling the person who has a uterus a woman.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Ariong posted:

Is there a firefox addon that filters the term "SJW" to "skeleton?" That sounds like a good idea. It would kick in just rarely enough to not get old.

Yeah. It made browsing Reddit at least 3x more tolerable.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

That sounds like something a skeleton would say.

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Yeah. It made browsing Reddit at least 3x more tolerable.

https://youtu.be/DOqb_UzJSUQ

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

It looks like there's a podcast convention in Seattle this weekend with a few McElroy shows. It's $100 a ticket which seems pricey. Half of the events seem to be either merchandise signing, and the other half seem to be podcasts about making your own podcast or something weird. Also I guess there's an expo hall with acupuncture and companies that advertise on podcasts.

I would love to see another MBMBAM live, and a The The Adventure Zone Zone live seems like it could be good, but I don't know if I'm willing to pay $100 + the cringe cost of a weird expo hall with a retirement company booth.

Also, it seems like the McElroy brothers have barely mentioned this, where normally they are constantly talking about tickets for all their live shows.

edit: This whole thing seems like a weird joke, workshops for making podcasts for deaf people? I don't really mean to make fun, but this convention seems more expensive per day than PAX and I don't see what there is to get out of it at that price.

Chainclaw fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 6, 2017

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Chainclaw posted:

Also, it seems like the McElroy brothers have barely mentioned this, where normally they are constantly talking about tickets for all their live shows.

they mentioned it a few times, griffin said he's moderating a panel on collaborative storytelling in the last episode i think.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Chainclaw posted:

edit: This whole thing seems like a weird joke, workshops for making podcasts for deaf people? I don't really mean to make fun, but this convention seems more expensive per day than PAX and I don't see what there is to get out of it at that price.

Travis has talked about it frequently and often

And yeah, trying to come up with ways for hearing impaired people to enjoy your content is a real weird joke. A loving laugher if you ask me

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
It is a kind of absurd thing to see written in front of you at first glance I agree but sounds like a cool thing to do for sure. I'd be interested a bit to see how to do that outside of like subtitled/close captioned youtube videos and ASL translators at live shows and such.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Ariong posted:

Is there a firefox addon that filters the term "skeleton" to "skeleton?" That sounds like a good idea. It would kick in just rarely enough to not get old.

It's a cloud2butt mod so if firefox has that it should be easy to make your own.
And it definitely does kick in just enough but can make reading articles that use it in quotes or whatever kind of hard

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i know some podcasts have show transcripts posted on their site, but i've only seen it used for educational or interview podcasts, not comedy. i'm sure there are significant fan efforts to do this for popular podcasts though

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I just have no idea who this convention is meant for. It sounds like it's mostly for people who make podcasts, and not people who consume podcasts. If you're a podcast creator, workshops like that are probably nifty and helpful. As someone who only consumes podcasts, most of the agenda it looks like there isn't much to get out of it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Chainclaw posted:

I just have no idea who this convention is meant for. It sounds like it's mostly for people who make podcasts, and not people who consume podcasts. If you're a podcast creator, workshops like that are probably nifty and helpful. As someone who only consumes podcasts, most of the agenda it looks like there isn't much to get out of it.
I just assume these things are for writers and stand-up/improv comedians because those creative groups basically have to have a side hustle these days to generate any sort of profile. That hustle is often a podcast.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Doctor Reynolds posted:

That long segment of "riffing" on current movies was pretty mediocre.

I loved it. It was my favorite part of the episode. :(

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
watches own, dr strange watch is one of my favorite bits

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Raserys posted:

watches own, dr strange watch is one of my favorite bits

What was weird in this movie for you, Raserys? What did you find was weird?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

SpacePig posted:

What was weird in this movie for you, Raserys? What did you find was weird?

You know what I found weird was
*griffin and travis booing in the background*

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Ariong posted:

I thought the whole reason that the skeleton joke existed was because of the script to change SJW to skeleton. There's a cloud2butt mod for Firefox and a dedicated extension for Chrome.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Little Mac posted:

I loved it. It was my favorite part of the episode. :(

the idea of Hulk just going around explaining to movies that they're no longer required was one of the best goofs they've had in a bit.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Griffin's exponential vampire accents made it hard to breath I was laughing so hard.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MONSTER FACTORY

PSO2

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/939220718453080064

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

That is a hell of a Random Character Generator

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I am in tears right now, that was beautiful. I love Adult Michael Cera Adult Cool and his Baymax bod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is totally Tit Liquid.