Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

a cyberpunk goose fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Sep 12, 2017

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

edit: wrong button

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

looks a bit magenta/red imo

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Yeah I took a stab at correcting it

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

way better

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.

When you're shooting people, don't forget to consider the angles you show bent limbs. Her leg is severely foreshortened/distorted because her bent knee is directly at camera.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Cheers for the tips. I had also thought to take the camera back a bit and put her/the couch smaller in the frame but decided against it for some reason. Dont shoot people often so tips like that are good. Posing is tricky when ive got an emulsion drying out next to me. Kind of limited for time. I spend too much time posing the upper body and not much time on the legs, so long as i can see the feet. Lying down poses is trickier than standing up ones.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

nice picture of garbage

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Chinese Village by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Montavilla Motel by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

drat, did everyone in this thread get a life all of a sudden?

My body may be free, but my core existence is still dwelling in the basement of the mind.

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 16, 2017

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
what kind of festering hellhole do you live in that kids with the whitest possible names write procatholic graffiti on windows? also please tell me you were the one that wrote "poop"

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Shooting lots then :effort: on scanning.

Untitled

Untitled

Flickr seems to think the entirety of Downtown Montreal is the Gay Village :pervert: :gay:

Sauer fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 16, 2017

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

SMERSH Mouth posted:

drat, did everyone in this thread get a life all of a sudden?

we realized the futility of posting work here

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

8th-snype posted:

what kind of festering hellhole do you live in that kids with the whitest possible names write procatholic graffiti on windows? also please tell me you were the one that wrote "poop"

Across the street there's a building with a playground visible. That's the recess area for the Liturgical Protestant parochial school. The Catholic school is a few blocks away. Maybe it's a turf war and the Catholic kids are claiming that building for the Pope. Pretty bold to strike so close to your rivals' home base. There are historical German and Czech immigrant communities in the region, so definitely some echos of the 30 Years' War here. Chilling.

Taking this logical deduction a step further, the 'POOP' writer is probably some sort of mercenary. Blighting the land they travel through, it's impossible to say whose side, if any, they support at this point.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Here's one from a few months ago

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Here's one from a few years ago

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
A foggy night outside my window.

Arax 88 on very expired Ilford Delta 100

Arax002.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Arax006.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

That’s some turn of the century London poo poo right there. Penny for the ilford boy etc

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

OFS_trash
Sep 15, 2007
I went to the mountains with a Bronica and some IR film
Rollei_IR_1015.jpg by Michael_Finnegan, on Flickr

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Edit: 110mm on 6x7 is starting to feel a little cramped for this kind of stuff. Soon all the parts will be in place and I'll be able to use the 90mm Super-angulon that's been sitting on the shelf here.

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 29, 2017

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

OFS_trash posted:

I went to the mountains with a Bronica and some IR film
Rollei_IR_1015.jpg by Michael_Finnegan, on Flickr

What kind of IR film are you using? Seems like all the true IR films aren't around anymore... :(

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I've got some 120 Rollei IR 400 film and went to shoot it yesterday in my pinhole cam but couldnt find a solid answer on the filter factor of my R72 filter... some say 5 others say 16?

Also supposedly the Rollei IR reciprocity failure rate is similar to Tri-x?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Sludge Tank posted:

I've got some 120 Rollei IR 400 film and went to shoot it yesterday in my pinhole cam but couldnt find a solid answer on the filter factor of my R72 filter... some say 5 others say 16?

Also supposedly the Rollei IR reciprocity failure rate is similar to Tri-x?

I would guess 16 ~= 2^5, i.e one is measured in Exposure Factor and one is measured in Stops Compensated. 2^5 actually equals 32 though, 16 may be reciprocity compensation for some generic film stock.

It would not surprise me if Rollei IR had similar reciprocity to Tri-X after taking into account its significantly lower IR ISO than visible ISO (IIRC at IR you shoot at ISO 25 or so). Both are traditional-grain films iirc.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 9, 2017

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

I've not shot with my Chamonix in a long time, but I decided to take it to an old cemetary in town and work on a typology of old gave markers. Here's what I have so far:

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:patriot:

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
The boots of my mother and the bones of her enemies.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Untitled by Drew Davis, on Flickr

Untitled by Drew Davis, on Flickr

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

eggsovereasy posted:

I've not shot with my Chamonix in a long time, but I decided to take it to an old cemetary in town and work on a typology of old gave markers. Here's what I have so far:

Cool, I think I would like it more if the bases of all of those stones matched up on a line, also all taken from the exact same distance from the stones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

bobmarleysghost posted:

Cool, I think I would like it more if the bases of all of those stones matched up on a line, also all taken from the exact same distance from the stones.

This is the first time I've tried something like this so thanks for the suggestion! I'll keep it in mind if I try it again.