Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Quoting keven is confusing because he is really good at irony and even I, gowby, fyad poster extraordinare, can't tell when he's being serious even after I've given him friend quests in Hearthstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Monathin posted:

To actually answer your question, gowby, it's because in a solo queue environment in which people will randomly forget about objectives all the way up to like high gold/low plat, Yorick is basically the man who can force down any objective sans like, Elder/Baron. Need to do dragon? Team wandering around in the other lanes? Summon Maiden, 2v1 Dragon. Your presence in any lane once you get either a Phage and/or a Sheen will basically force either a kill or a death, and if you have Maiden up it makes an easy objective take.

Play Yorick to crush towers and the hopes of your opponents.

Yorick is the champ you pick if you just want to play a game of PVE. Farm until Trinity, pressure top tower with vision coverage until it falls, get Herald (easily done solo with Maiden), go bot, and never, ever leave. The enemy team can't leave you alone for a second, and you can 1v1 nearly anyone in the game with Maiden up. I wouldn't be surprised if his Q was changed to only do a certain percentage of its damage against turrets.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

If you're up against Yorick, just play Tryndamere. It's already a pretty easy match-up, and if you go the standard CDR route + Ultimate Hat you have R on like a 40 second CD which means there's never a time Yorick gets to all-in you and win.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i assume that vlad would also counter that yorick split push in that with those two healing talents he appears to be impossible to force to back

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
A lot of stuff can counter yorick split in the sense that they can clear waves & he can't kill them easily (he actually can't kill much except in a super long lane because he's got limited cc and no gap closer) but also as soon as you TP he's going to take inhib. He's basically a nasus that gets a tibbers & can force anything.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I got what I think is my first S+ to complete my first Rank 7. Hooray!

What other champs play similarly to Teemo?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yorick Q + Demolish takes about 2/3rds of a tower's health, it's hilarious because if you get in range to charge it the tower goes from undamaged to nearly gone in about 2 seconds.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

eatenmyeyes posted:

I got what I think is my first S+ to complete my first Rank 7. Hooray!

What other champs play similarly to Teemo?

He's not as oppressive, but if you want another speedy top lane ranged champ try Kennen.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

shaco has the same feeling of not actually playing league of legends but is much much much harder

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Screenshot.jpg of first time Taric since the rework:

*enhance*

He turned off his stream afterwards:

Truly flex Q is a wild ride. The classic Gold 4 to Challenger game~ (Also, turns out Taric into only AD is pretty good).

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Thomas Kench

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm picking azir and I feel like I have no clue what I'm doing but I'm winning every game I play him

I think he may get nerfed again soon

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
i want to learn how to be a better elise because she is a fun spooky spider lady but i keep feeding away any lead i get

then i play her as support and go 12/2/10

i think i am just A Bad Player

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mikujin posted:

If you're up against Yorick, just play Tryndamere. It's already a pretty easy match-up, and if you go the standard CDR route + Ultimate Hat you have R on like a 40 second CD which means there's never a time Yorick gets to all-in you and win.

I can't really recommend picking trynd right now in a patch state where malphite and teemo are both top tier top laners and against yorick he can bully you out of lane and save his cage for when you use your spin.

Good picks into yorick are those that can just endlessly waveclear or damage him outside of his effective range like swain/malz or a cheeky yasuo that endlessly dashes and max range Q pokes without him being able to do anything in reaction.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I can't really recommend picking trynd right now in a patch state where malphite and teemo are both top tier top laners and against yorick he can bully you out of lane and save his cage for when you use your spin.

Good picks into yorick are those that can just endlessly waveclear or damage him outside of his effective range like swain/malz or a cheeky yasuo that endlessly dashes and max range Q pokes without him being able to do anything in reaction.

I've played about three or four games with a Trynd in them since the big pre-season patch and I have literally never seen it be successful.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah Trynd is a bad pick into Yorick and so is Vlad becayse Vlad needs a lot more time to come online thus allowing Yorick to just bully you to death.

Of the games I've played as Yorick the matchups that frustrate me the most are Pantheon (shield blocks Q and then he can retaliate) and Fiora (W blocks the mark on your E, which is a lot of your trading power). Both are strong laners in their own right, although both if they dont kill you early you can overpower with Maiden.

I haven't played against Malz or Swain yet but it wouldn't surprise me if they zoned Yorick out effectively.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 5, 2017

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-724-notes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sexpansion posted:

I've played about three or four games with a Trynd in them since the big pre-season patch and I have literally never seen it be successful.

Jaysea on YouTube has a pretty good handle on Trynd. He has a pretty good video going over the possible runes from the start of the season then put out a video last week saying "the champ is hosed for runes, fleet foot is the least trash"

Edit: I've done it, it doesn't feel too bad. It's like starting the game out with a phage.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

And all Yorick gets is a slap on the wrist. Yeah, sure, 3 base AD will surely make a huge difference. gently caress's sake, Riot.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ornn, Maokai, and J4 getting some solid base damage nerfs, and most of the underperforming fighters getting some solid base damage buffs. Hopefully this should put top lane in a healthier state.

Sona got rightly knocked down twenty pegs with this patch. Losing 10 base damage and gaining a 15 mana increase means she's going to have serious mana problems if she doesn't trade efficiently with E's shield. Leona losing 20 base damage on Eclipse should help out against her early, although I still think either Aftershock or her W need to be fiddled with because of how obnoxious their interaction is.

Zoe needed more changes. The RNG component of her W is absolute poo poo and shouldn't be in this game, period. I watched Scarra playing midlane Kat one game where the enemy Zoe got two Gunblade drops in a row, causing him to instantly lose his lane at level 4 through no fault of his own. Her E's less obnoxious to deal with now, but I still have no loving clue why it's so goddamn overloaded.

The Zyra and Morg changes are interesting. Plants are no longer an insane hard counter to melee supports, and the change to W makes it so that midlane Zyra's a lot more viable. Midlane Morg will probably see a resurgence, given that her waveclear against cannon waves isn't as awful anymore. I'm glad Malz's ult damage got kicked in the can; that champ was disgustingly good for such a long time.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Vermain posted:

Ornn, Maokai, and J4 getting some solid base damage nerfs, and most of the underperforming fighters getting some solid base damage buffs. Hopefully this should put top lane in a healthier state.

I'm excited for the inevitable mini rework of runes in a couple of months that gives fighters a better keystone and suddenly they're OP for reasons that could never possibly be predicted.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I’m excited to finally meet lux irl and marry her.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Aumanor posted:

And all Yorick gets is a slap on the wrist. Yeah, sure, 3 base AD will surely make a huge difference. gently caress's sake, Riot.

Like I mentioned on the last page, Revitalize working on Shields/Heals casting on the user might be a net buff to him assuming it works the way I think it does (which is that it'll proc on self-heal), turning him into a monster.

If you're a fan of Yorick, play him this patch because there's never gonna be a better time.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Monathin posted:

Like I mentioned on the last page, Revitalize working on Shields/Heals casting on the user might be a net buff to him assuming it works the way I think it does (which is that it'll proc on self-heal), turning him into a monster.

If you're a fan of Yorick, play him this patch because there's never gonna be a better time.

I just want to have a ban when I'm playing toplane again.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

I’m excited to finally meet lux irl and marry her.

Keven, this is impossible, since Lux is a video game character, and is also betrothed to me already.

Monathin posted:

It always applied to self-heal/shields. What it applies to now is incoming heals/shields from outside sources, so that you gain 5/15% more from an allied Nidalee heal or whatever. It's intended to make it more attractive for pure tanks who are on a team with heals/shields and don't really want any of the other options in tier 3.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Crazy Larry posted:

I'm excited for the inevitable mini rework of runes in a couple of months that gives fighters a better keystone and suddenly they're OP for reasons that could never possibly be predicted.

Hey, speak of the devil! Guess what just popped up on the PBE:

Guess that's one way to solve it. Sucks to be pigeonholed into a single keystone choice, but it's better than nothing for most fighters.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Vermain posted:

Guess that's one way to solve it. Sucks to be pigeonholed into a single keystone choice, but it's better than nothing for most fighters.

I'm honestly amazed they left it strong as it was for so long. It's like, half these runes were OP as poo poo when they were masteries and they apparently just buffed them anyway.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

Zoe needed more changes. The RNG component of her W is absolute poo poo and shouldn't be in this game, period. I watched Scarra playing midlane Kat one game where the enemy Zoe got two Gunblade drops in a row, causing him to instantly lose his lane at level 4 through no fault of his own. Her E's less obnoxious to deal with now, but I still have no loving clue why it's so goddamn overloaded.

They should probably not have item actives drop from minions, I don't understand why she needs randomized hextech gunblade/staff/botrk/redemptions popping up during laning, you can't plan around that.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

They should probably not have item actives drop from minions, I don't understand why she needs randomized hextech gunblade/staff/botrk/redemptions popping up during laning, you can't plan around that.

I mean, she shouldn't have random drops at all, but if they gotta have them, make them solely summoner spells. At the very least, just strip Gunblade out of the loot table right now, because Zoe randomly getting a chance for a 175 nuke to drop at level 3+ is intensely loving stupid.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Vermain posted:

That only solves it for the tankier ones, renekton doesn't want to take the health tree. Having only assassin- and mage-oriented keystones in the trees that give flat damage is the problem.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tales of Woe posted:

That only solves it for the tankier ones, renekton doesn't want to take the health tree. Having only assassin- and mage-oriented keystones in the trees that give flat damage is the problem.

It's one of the unfortunate limitations of the new rune system. They're giving Renekton an AD buff on the PBE (66 -> 69, growth from 3.1 -> 3.75), along with several other toplaners, so they recognize it's a problem. It'll probably take another patch before fighters are completely healthy, but they're getting there.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I really loving hate how Zoe's E looks like when it's on the ground. A big circle on the ground tells me that I can move out of it and avoid the damage/effect like Lux's and Jhin's traps. But her's will damage you and CC you no matter what. It should at least be instant like Cait's traps.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

It's one of the unfortunate limitations of the new rune system. They're giving Renekton an AD buff on the PBE (66 -> 69, growth from 3.1 -> 3.75), along with several other toplaners, so they recognize it's a problem. It'll probably take another patch before fighters are completely healthy, but they're getting there.

They need to stop doing this where they abandon a handful of champions when they overhaul a system, there is no equivalent to deathfire or fervor from the old masteries, this new system is just masteries, but bigger and with a bad UI.

They could make a entirely new mastery tree with a focus on sustained damage ramping up over a short time which would fit with what's missing on a lot of fighters and casters right now or they could have some trees have 4 keystones to choose from, karthus lost a ton of damage without deathfire constantly being applied, ren and trynd and similar lost fervor, almost every single regular ADC goes press the attack which is basically just thunderlords with better numbers for auto attackers, nunu and ivern are having trouble finding a replacement for stoneborn and windspeakers and so on and so on.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Vermain posted:

I mean, she shouldn't have random drops at all, but if they gotta have them, make them solely summoner spells. At the very least, just strip Gunblade out of the loot table right now, because Zoe randomly getting a chance for a 175 nuke to drop at level 3+ is intensely loving stupid.

Or even make scaling spell tables based on level or skill points in W? Leave it so you can still pick up spells enemies cast, but minions dropping gunblade or tp in early laning phase is just way too strong

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

With >140 heroes there are always going to be some in the dumpster unfortunately. It's been that way for the life of the game, basically.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

quote:

Sion dying before using the Guardian keystone no longer causes him to lose its functionality

Yay, my bug reported problem got fixed.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
unbelievable that they would buff evelyn and nerf taric in the same patch. riot can rot in hell for all i care

e: they hosed up mundo's skill icons too. loving unbelievable.

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 6, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

With >140 heroes there are always going to be some in the dumpster unfortunately. It's been that way for the life of the game, basically.

I mean Skarner's been in the dumpster where he belongs for about 5 years so the system works.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

toplane has a ton of viable stuff but abloo bloo bloo fighters arent viable oh no. we just got done playing a season where itemization meant that non crit based adcs werent even playable. but none of them are riven so you know nows the time to panic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

njsykora posted:

I mean Skarner's been in the dumpster where he belongs for about 5 years so the system works.

eat my rear end fuckman