Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

euphronius posted:

I'm forcing myself to use the right side of the tree this time. No more marauder Templar slayers. No more totems.

I'm gonna move out of my comfort melee zone and play some Necromancer this league, don't know what yet (Spectres sound cool)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Lechtansi posted:

I'm surprised we got breach at all, given that Abyss is Breach 2: Breach Harder.

Also, i'm fairly new to POE and such I might be spoiled by Legacy and Oriath notes, but I was expecting WAY more balance changes. Like, the amount of changes to the classes, skills and tree is almost nil compared to 3.0. Is this normal?

This is really 3.0 part 2 in the grand scheme of things, so no, it's not that surprising. If there was this little change for 3.0 I would've been shocked...by an amount proportional to how much I was damaged :v:

frajaq posted:

I'm gonna move out of my comfort melee zone and play some Necromancer this league, don't know what yet (Spectres sound cool)

I'm torn between Skele and Spectre Necro as well. Probably do Skele so I don't have to futz with getting the "right" Spectres.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Fixed a bug where enemies hit by Sunder's linear component also unintentionally got hit by the area of effect that hit created.

hmm

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Man, HH's are going to be pricey this league with no nemesis mod.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Wonder how hard wicker-men were nerfed.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Yeah besides the leech changes and qotf change there haven't been really any nerfs. Pure Physical Wander might be more viable now with the shield node changes, kinetic blast remains just through the roof. Reave got buffed which is nice, I was thinking about doing that build. And necromancers got a big buff. Dang.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
So is non-Baron SRS Shaper viable?

Maybe this will be the league I actually do it :buddy:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I really feel like I should get a good Necro going but I've tried a few times in the past and every time I find myself not enjoying the playstyle :(

Someone tell me about that Skeleton Mage build that people were doing a little ways back, that sounded pretty interesting. Viable starter at all or not even close?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Ruthless was the best support for cyclone so I'm feeling a bit down about that. If anyone else wants me to declare a build preference before the next league so that it can be nerfed let me know.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

The best support for cyclone is a ngahamu's flame tho

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

theshim posted:

I really feel like I should get a good Necro going but I've tried a few times in the past and every time I find myself not enjoying the playstyle :(

Someone tell me about that Skeleton Mage build that people were doing a little ways back, that sounded pretty interesting. Viable starter at all or not even close?

You need the skelly mage jewels to start, but you could just level as SRS until you can get them. They were like 10c a piece last time but they might be more with that skeleton buff.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Fixed a bug where French rare names were not always using the correct gender for the epithet.

The game is playable again

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I like most of these changes. There's really nothing that's an 'oh, gently caress you chris' in them for me.

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

euphronius posted:

I'm glad I finished my Diablo 3 season yesterday. Time to switch arpgs.

I'm forcing myself to use the right side of the tree this time. No more marauder Templar slayers. No more totems.

I am doing the same thing, thinking I might start with a Glacial Cascade miner, with the new threshold jewel.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Chris's response to some of the common reactions to the patch notes.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

jesus christ those people are such babies

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

Jinnigan posted:

Honestly, makes me glad that those crying aren't game designers.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jfc it's literally a free game.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
"This is underwhelming" is the most vacuous non-thought anyone can possibly have about anything. Nobody cares about the feelings you aren't having.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Dramatika posted:

So is non-Baron SRS Shaper viable?

Maybe this will be the league I actually do it :buddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq2kTwghg8o

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Honestly I think it's more funny that they expected anything other than the reactions they've received.

:siren: People don't like it when you exclusively make poo poo worse! News at 11! :siren:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm definitely rolling a Necromancer first though, goddamn.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

The best part about the complaints is that basically all the people complaining have 8-24 challenges completed

Wezlar posted:

Honestly I think it's more funny that they expected anything other than the reactions they've received.

:siren: People don't like it when you exclusively make poo poo worse! News at 11! :siren:

lol, did you think you were on reddit for a minute or something?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Tukohama's Vanguards no longer summon multiple totems at a time while spectred, and the duration of their totems has been lowered to 5 seconds (from 10). They are less likely to place additional totems while they have at least one totem.
Wickerman Righteous Fire damage has been lowered while spectred. These monsters were using a version of Righteous Fire not intended for spectres, and were dealing significantly more damage than intended as a result. This change brings them in line with other spectres who use Righteous Fire.

Perhaps solar spectres will be the way going forward.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Jinnigan posted:

Nothing quite like a bunch of 12 challenge heroes complaining about the XP nerf

Vasudus posted:

I'm definitely rolling a Necromancer first though, goddamn.

Your minions (and their minions) will no longer deal or take damage while you are dead.

:rip: Golementalist. You will be missed.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

lol, did you think you were on reddit for a minute or something?

Are you saying you're completely surprised by the overall reaction?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

its great being a casual PoE player and not giving a poo poo about these patch notes

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmao the change to biscos is that it's only for the rich now

loving awesome

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Wezlar posted:

Here's great example of babies crying! Literally everything is poo poo now!!! gently caress Chris!!!!!!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Wezlar posted:

Are you saying you're completely surprised by the overall reaction?

Nah, I always expect people to overreact to everything. GGG could have said they were tripling mob density, doubling drop rates for everything, added 20 new skills, buffed every old skill, and there's still be people bitching about the sky falling and everything being made worse somehow.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Hearing that the elementalist is getting some kind of rework next league slightly dampens my enthusiasm to play one this league... but I've got... to persevere...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just roll a necro summoner with the rest of us .

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Ferrinus posted:

Hearing that the elementalist is getting some kind of rework next league slightly dampens my enthusiasm to play one this league... but I've got... to persevere...

It's best to assume they're going to rework it to ruin your idea, so you should play it now and get incredibly bitter it's being ruined in four months' time.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

euphronius posted:

Just roll a necro summoner with the rest of us .

I think I'm leaning towards trickster or occultist ed/contagion instead of starting SRS for the nth league in a row.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pretty sure i picked up one of the srs mtx in a recent sale so full steam ahead on the necro train

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

Nah, I always expect people to overreact to everything. GGG could have said they were tripling mob density, doubling drop rates for everything, added 20 new skills, buffed every old skill, and there's still be people bitching about the sky falling and everything being made worse somehow.

Absolutely. I just think it was funny that Chris put out a development manifesto based on the reactions like an hour after the patch notes came out when this was pretty clearly going to be the reaction. Especially when yesterdays manifesto said there would be "plenty of buffs"

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Awesome! posted:

pretty sure i picked up one of the srs mtx in a recent sale so full steam ahead on the necro train

I was bummed that the last SRS MTX was ravens instead of flying monkeys, would've been perfect for _Surrender_Dorothy_

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

"We have buffs planned that have been pushed to later 3.1.x patches or 3.2.0 due to being incomplete as of this week."

does this mean we will potentially have some mid-league buffs btw?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Awesome! posted:

"We have buffs planned that have been pushed to later 3.1.x patches or 3.2.0 due to being incomplete as of this week."

does this mean we will potentially have some mid-league buffs btw?

Yes, possibly. They are hedging on that one so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

what is making people get on the necro train, the 15% srs damage buff?