Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Verus posted:

That classic taste.

A good cheeseburger pizza is amazing, as I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

A good cheeseburger pizza is amazing, as I recall.

Agreed. I order them sometimes.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Don't have pictures, but apparently my building's cafeteria's pizza section is offering "Chorizo Mexi: Roasted peppers & onions, refried beans, pork chorizo & garlic cheddar cheese". I'm down with everything except the refried beans, which seems dubious.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Chorizo is good on anything, I love having some leftover in my fridge. I made tacos late last week and last night I put the leftover chorizo in a omelette with some onions and cheese, with some chile verde on the side. It was better than the tacos the chorizo had originally been used for.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This seems like something that is healthy, yes.

We've been together 19 years. At some point you have to expect some sort of chili mishap.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I just discovered the horror of Glory Foods. I am legitimately pissed off that I shoveled this crap into my mouth just now. I didn't even know I had this lying around.

Apparently I had a can of rice and red beans by them. I check the nutritional label and...

Jesus.

loving.

CHRIST.

I never before marched barefoot into the woods to scrape something off my plate for the deer, but I have now.

Stay AWAY.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Picnic Princess posted:

My drunk husband heated up a can of chili on the stove without opening it first and when he did it exploded hot chili all over the room and I got burns all over me.

Good thing he's cute.

I had to teach my drunk friend why he shouldn't do this recently. "No, don't just throw a can of Spaghetti Os on top of the stove. No it won't heat up faster if it's closed. Yes, it will burn your face off."

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

EorayMel posted:

I just discovered the horror of Glory Foods. I am legitimately pissed off that I shoveled this crap into my mouth just now. I didn't even know I had this lying around.

Apparently I had a can of rice and red beans by them. I check the nutritional label and...

Jesus.

loving.

CHRIST.

I never before marched barefoot into the woods to scrape something off my plate for the deer, but I have now.

Stay AWAY.

Salt is not bad for you.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I just order food when I'm drunk.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Jesus.

loving.

CHRIST.

Stay AWAY.

I don't see the issue.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Do you have a particular sensitivity to sodium? Because that would be perfectly okay for me to eat, but I know people who would find it too much sodium.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Eeeeh that's a pretty high sodium:calorie ratio. If you're having that on the side with other nutritious non-salted things you'll be ok, but that one serving is probably 1/4 of the salt you'd want to eat in a day, while having only about 8-10% of the food energy.

I don't think it's a "dump it in the woods and vomit up what I've already eaten" level, but more of a "hmm I probably shouldn't eat this with every meal" level.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That's no more sodium than you'd find in red bean and rice at an average southern restaurant.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Also unless you have hypertension eat all the sodium you drat well want Jesus this comes up all the time but people sound like Dr loving Oz

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have chronically low blood pressure and have been told by my doctor to eat a dill pickle a day in the past to get more sodium in my system when on a medication for tremors.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Also unless you have hypertension eat all the sodium you drat well want Jesus this comes up all the time but people sound like Dr loving Oz

Data for 2013-2014 from the CDC indicates that 33.5% of Americans over 20 have hypertension. Saying it's okay to be less restrictive with diets is all well and good, but pretending like watching one's sodium intake is madness is maybe a bit of hyperbole.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

I have chronically low blood pressure and have been told by my doctor to eat a dill pickle a day in the past to get more sodium in my system when on a medication for tremors.

the best prescription

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You beat me to what I was going to do, which was post a photo of one of those individually wrapped pickles with like 2300 mg sodium

(From my fridge)

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

I suggest trying to source a bulk supplier of the crumbs and salt mixture at the bottom of a bag of pretzels. It is the best salt delivery system ever.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Data for 2013-2014 from the CDC indicates that 33.5% of Americans over 20 have hypertension. Saying it's okay to be less restrictive with diets is all well and good, but pretending like watching one's sodium intake is madness is maybe a bit of hyperbole.

It's madness if you are not one of the 33.5%, and if you are, you should be suspicious off all pre-made foods ever. Like some people die if they see a peanut but it's no reason for most people to worry about their peanut intake.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The amount of sodium that typically gets quoted as the "recommended" amount is something like twice as low as how much you actually should be consuming to remain healthy. Unless you have a medical condition that sodium will mess with, you're unlikely to suffer from excess sodium unless you go insanely overboard (like eating one or two of those cans for every single meal).

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

bongwizzard posted:

I suggest trying to source a bulk supplier of the crumbs and salt mixture at the bottom of a bag of pretzels. It is the best salt delivery system ever.

I used a crushed up bag of gluten free pretzels to make a crust once when I forgot to buy flour for a recipe.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

I just order food when I'm drunk.

:respek: This is 100% why Sub City has gyro-burgers on their menu and deliver until 5am. Cooking food while I'm drunk sounds downright dangerous. I'm not going to risk the lives of myself, my roommates, and the rest of the building by trying to operate a pot and pan while drunk. Let the professionals do it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I miss when I would get stoned with my highschool friends and one of them had an uncle who owned a restaurant/bar that delivered until 4am and they would let us hang out and get food and play their arcade games and I would drink an entire glass of iced sour mix.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

:respek: This is 100% why Sub City has gyro-burgers on their menu and deliver until 5am. Cooking food while I'm drunk sounds downright dangerous. I'm not going to risk the lives of myself, my roommates, and the rest of the building by trying to operate a pot and pan while drunk. Let the professionals do it.

It just takes a little practice. Don't decide that you're kitchen knives need to be sharpened halfway through though.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also most of the time when I'm drunk, it's at a restaurant. Both times I went to Maysville in NYC, I drank 6 or 7 ounces of whiskey before stumbling off to find food. In one case I went straight to dinner with my mother immediately after, and I actually arrived earlier than her despite setting off later and being farther away.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Let the professionals do it.

What, cook while drunk? You would be surprised how often that happens.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The best meals I've ever made have been while I was drunk.

And I mean for other people. Like "hey Shrapnig, make that thing you made last time I was here, it was amazing"

Sorry, I don't remember the ratios of ingredients I put in said meal that made it so good because I couldn't feel my face.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hate eating when I'm drunk cos it dulls my sense of taste really bad
Given some of the things I've eaten when drunk this can be a good thing, but it pisses me off if it's something I've put time and effort into making

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Getting tipsy while cooking rules. You guys didn't watch Sandra Lee?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Professor Wayne posted:

Getting tipsy while cooking rules. You guys didn't watch Sandra Lee?

Aunt Sandy is a goddamn national treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we2iWTJqo98

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003

EorayMel posted:

Jesus.

loving.

CHRIST.

Stay AWAY.

Your melodrama is unwarranted but I like the concept of magical digestible-carb-free beans and rice. They forgot some stuff on that label.

Jesus.

loving.

CHRIST.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Maybe it's just sawdust soaked in salt water, with a few vitamins and bits of fat added for taste.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Siamang posted:

Your melodrama is unwarranted but I like the concept of magical digestible-carb-free beans and rice. They forgot some stuff on that label.

Jesus.

loving.

CHRIST.

I think it's funny when goons go over the top like that with pretty benign stuff, like when they act like finishing a single bigmac/baconator/whatever is a herculean task that leaves them incapacitated for the rest of the day.

Anyway I'm not going to go to the store and check but I bet that nutritional info isn't any worse than the 2 minute uncle bens rice and bean pouches. They aren't very good but sometimes you just want some rice within the next 2 minutes.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
They have way more carbs, like 40 grams.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, 7g of carbs in a cup of beans and rice seems incredibly low, and that worries me more than the expected high sodium levels. (Most premade goods will overload on sodium since it's a cheap and plentiful preservative and flavor enhancer, if you have hypertension then the first step to watching your diet is actually preparing your own food if possible)

36g is what the USDA quotes for the total carbohydrates in a cup of normal black beans and rice, according to Google, so you've got a pretty hefty chunk of carbs just... not existing in whatever that is.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Top: As seen on the menu
Bottom: Reality

also,
https://i.imgur.com/YDqrtGk.mp4

Away all Goats has a new favorite as of 12:42 on Dec 6, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Yeah, there's a pasta dish I make occasionally (a take on pasta matriciana) that takes a couple of hours to make and involves a fair bit of red wine. Well, you know, now I have that bottle of merlot open... What? I'll have enough dishes, why get a wine glass dirty?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Top: As seen on the menu
Bottom: Reality

also,
https://i.imgur.com/YDqrtGk.mp4

Would the pot pie, Mediterranean bread, and the amazing looking antipasto...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm the whole mushrooms.