Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Guy Mann posted:

Aside from above mentioned subpoena, there was also a guy in the mid 00s who posted (obviously fake) stories about working in the secret service that were full of all these silly but believable details (Dick Cheney had horrifically bad breath due to a prescription mouthwash he had to use, Laura Bush had all of the SS call her "mom") that a lot of people took as fact.

Martin Random iirc

e: yeah https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1750 has links to threads + apparently some political blogs thought it was real lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I like checking ban reasons for posters in those really old threads because it's funny to see how times have changed

For example, this poster got permabanned for having "3 bans and 11 probations" back in 2007

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Powaqoatse posted:

Martin Random iirc

e: yeah https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1750 has links to threads + apparently some political blogs thought it was real lol

He was also responsible for :sax: Jazzy Jeb in the poo poo Lasagna :sax:, an all-time fave. I liked it so much that I converted it to a Kindle book.

EDIT: "There is a sealed room in the whitehouse which once held a half-ton block of cheese for about 30 years."...it was 2, not 30, and is a fantastically stupid saga on its' own.

Rev. Bleech_ has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Nov 27, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Powaqoatse posted:

Martin Random iirc

The secret service is a gold mine for people who love to make up poo poo about politicians they dislike because due to the nature of their job they are unable to confirm or deny anything. During the Obama administration there were a zillion variations on "The Bushes were nice and good and loved America, the Obamas are terrible and have no friends and Michelle is actually super ugly and I hate working for them" from totally legit anonymous secret service members.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Does anyone have the link to the thread where someone discovered that Steve Harvey's upside down head looks like Pepe?

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Does anyone have the link to the thread where someone discovered that Steve Harvey's upside down head looks like Pepe?

That may be the thread called " Steve Harvey is shocked" page 1 of Comedy Goldmine. Sorry dont have link just location.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

He was also responsible for :sax: Jazzy Jeb in the poo poo Lasagna :sax:, an all-time fave. I liked it so much that I converted it to a Kindle book.

EDIT: "There is a sealed room in the whitehouse which once held a half-ton block of cheese for about 30 years."...it was 2, not 30, and is a fantastically stupid saga on its' own.
poo poo lasagna story had me in stitches. Just the mental image of some guy in a bathtub full of layers of newspapers and poo poo merrily tooting on a saxophone while his frantic roommate bursts in wearing a motorcycle helmet and a bat.

Its like some surreal boss battle in hotline Miami.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Spinster posted:

That may be the thread called " Steve Harvey is shocked" page 1 of Comedy Goldmine. Sorry dont have link just location.
Here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825041&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post473821627

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Thank you both!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I could have sworn the poo poo lasagna story originally had pictures. Am I remembering wrong?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I still say "the juice is loose" when I gotta take drastic action.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Panfilo posted:

poo poo lasagna story had me in stitches. Just the mental image of some guy in a bathtub full of layers of newspapers and poo poo merrily tooting on a saxophone while his frantic roommate bursts in wearing a motorcycle helmet and a bat.

Its like some surreal boss battle in hotline Miami.

:stare: this is way before my time so I need context

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

http://www.wyseguys.com/blag/lovely-roommate/meet-jed/

One of my earliest introductions to Something Awful, other than the crappy game reviews from the main page.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Martin Random wrote some of the funniest poo poo to ever come out of this forum. :patriot:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
They wanted his blood. For reasons.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

This one is a treat lol.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

chitoryu12 posted:

One of my earliest introductions to Something Awful, other than the crappy game reviews from the main page.

this makes me feel like I am reading a SCP tale

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

RFC2324 posted:

this makes me feel like I am reading a SCP tale

Martin Random was an extremely creative pathological liar with an excellent talent for prose. He was always entertaining but I think he pissed off some mod or admin back when mod sass was a very serious rule and got run out.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yeah those sort-of "storytelling" GBS threads were a flash-in-the-pan thing. Martin Random, Bruiser, and a few all did a bunch of them.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah those sort-of "storytelling" GBS threads were a flash-in-the-pan thing. Martin Random, Bruiser, and a few all did a bunch of them.

The rise and fall of BigPeeler

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

JoeyVapes was the last of those, wasn't he?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Also Martin Random still posts I guess, in like, C-SPAM? Wanted to look up when that perma happened but yeah.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

chitoryu12 posted:

I really don't know what my favorite Ye Olde Forum tale is, that one or the P-P-Powerbook! saga.

Edit:

Instant Sunrise posted:

Probably, since he was posting around/after I joined and GBS hasn't been the same since the reset. He had some good stories, but man did that guy flame out hard.

Acebuckeye13 has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Dec 6, 2017

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I really don't know what my favorite Ye Olde Forum tale is, that one or the P-P-Powerbook! saga.

Edit:

Probably, since he was posting around when I joined and obviously GBS hasn't really been the same since then. He had some good stories, but man did that guy flame out hard.

That's the problem with forums 'celebrities.' They often buy into the idea that they are special. But they aren't. You start acting like a moron you are gonna get cut down just like everyone else.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Probably, since he was posting around/after I joined and GBS hasn't been the same since the reset. He had some good stories, but man did that guy flame out hard.

Same with GBS superstar, Enfield.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mammal Sauce posted:

Same with GBS superstar, Enfield.

:hai:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Instant Sunrise posted:

I honestly don't remember him at all, maybe I didn't use the forums much whatever year that was? It was off and on back then. He's the guy who was mod for a day or something right?

EDIT: oh the hotel guy now I remember

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Also this was a classic TCC one, no clue how real this is but
https://www.pastebin.ca/raw/1679023

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Also this was a classic TCC one, no clue how real this is but
https://www.pastebin.ca/raw/1679023

I can't find it, but my favorite TCC stories are
1- the guy who blacked out on research chemicals and awoke to realize he bought dozens of grand pianos online.

2- the guy who blacked out on research chemicals and woke up handcuffed to the bed with his wife sporting a black eye and holding a baseball bat

TCC and research chemicals lead to hilarity

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cis autodrag posted:

I can't find it, but my favorite TCC stories are
1- the guy who blacked out on research chemicals and awoke to realize he bought dozens of grand pianos online.

2- the guy who blacked out on research chemicals and woke up handcuffed to the bed with his wife sporting a black eye and holding a baseball bat

TCC and research chemicals lead to hilarity

I think the first one was actually just the guy waking up to find that he had attempted to purchase a baby grand piano but was unable to meet the reserve on eBay, which he was very thankful for because he had no money (probably from spending it all on research chemicals to get high). A lot of the TCC stories ended up getting mixed together and exaggerated until you've got the story "everyone knows" of the dude who blacked out and woke up naked on the roof while a SWAT team was trying to break down the door and later melted to death in his car while high and his wife snorted the remains while hiding his pills.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

chitoryu12 posted:

I think the first one was actually just the guy waking up to find that he had attempted to purchase a baby grand piano but was unable to meet the reserve on eBay, which he was very thankful for because he had no money (probably from spending it all on research chemicals to get high). A lot of the TCC stories ended up getting mixed together and exaggerated until you've got the story "everyone knows" of the dude who blacked out and woke up naked on the roof while a SWAT team was trying to break down the door and later melted to death in his car while high and his wife snorted the remains while hiding his pills.

wait, that didn't happen? :pwn:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

RFC2324 posted:

wait, that didn't happen? :pwn:

Not like they said, no
it was eyeballed lsd at the recommendation of a former mod to try to quit heroin

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I mean I think a goon did overheat and die on a drug binge in his car, and his wife later posted on the account that she found and impulsively took some unmarked pills that he had because they were that kind of hosed up couple.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
There's a grain of truth in most of these TCC stories. Like some of them were talking about eyeballing doses, and some goon came along and asked "how do you eyeball a drug?" That's true. The story now is that dozens of idiots were putting drugs in their eyes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't remember which chemical it was, but there was a research chemical that goons kept taking because it was legal and some goon got a line on the supply to start selling to other people. The big problems with it:

1. It made you beyond high as balls, to the point where taking too much would cause you to black out and wake up as much as a week later with no memory of the bizarre poo poo you did while high. Trying to buy a piano was only one of the many things goons did while blacked out. I'm pretty sure at least one had a psychotic break and ran around attacking people/inanimate objects.

2. It took a long time for the high to kick in, so people would think it was too weak and take way too much to try and force it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean I think a goon did overheat and die on a drug binge in his car, and his wife later posted on the account that she found and impulsively took some unmarked pills that he had because they were that kind of hosed up couple.

I can't remember if I she posted to identify pills or get resale value or both. I get theses all mixed-up up, but is the car guy the Immodium OD or was that the one in/at a theater?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I know I read that thread where a lunch of dudes were so high on Krokodil that they bought some land in Texas to try and turn it into a self-sustaining goon retreat. They made a zipline that made kids break the sound barrier before slamming into the side of a Hot Dog stand owned by a impoverished Arkansas man. One of the guys who rode on it ended up in a coma and when he woke up they had to amputate his arm because he was laying on top of it and it was half dead due to Krokodil rot and lack of circulation.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

thatdamnjew and yes he did die in the back of a car after having a psychotic break

she found pills but asked what they were and never took them

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

chitoryu12 posted:

He also tried to get an iPhone

https://pastebin.com/QcwKxP93 posted:

Shasta Orange Soda posted:
Oh Jesus. I had exactly two beers with some eyeballed phenaz on Sunday night. All I remember is hanging out with my roommate, listening to music, and playing video games.

I don't remember this, but I woke up from my benzo sleep for a little while on Monday morning (8:30, according to my computer) and went on eBay. I used the Buy It Now option for an Apple 3GS 16GB unlocked/jailbroken iPhone for $700!! gently caress! It looks like I didn't pay for it, though (or maybe I tried to and didn't have enough in my account), so I'm going to try and get out of it.

iPhones are sorta cool and it makes sense that I'd want one, but I also placed a $50$100.00 bid on a Vose & Sons Antique Grand Upright Piano and only lost because it wasn't enough for the reserve. Yeah. I've never known how to play an instrument in my life, don't have room for a piano, and a million other reasons why that bid was a bad idea. Apparently, after placing those bids, I went back to sleep for another 8 or 9 hours.

I really can't get over how supremely retarded all of this was. And the topper is that the phenaz afterglow lasts so long that I didn't realize any of this until 36 hours after it happened!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't remember which chemical it was, but there was a research chemical that goons kept taking because it was legal and some goon got a line on the supply to start selling to other people. The big problems with it:

1. It made you beyond high as balls, to the point where taking too much would cause you to black out and wake up as much as a week later with no memory of the bizarre poo poo you did while high. Trying to buy a piano was only one of the many things goons did while blacked out. I'm pretty sure at least one had a psychotic break and ran around attacking people/inanimate objects.

2. It took a long time for the high to kick in, so people would think it was too weak and take way too much to try and force it.

Phenazepam, aka DA JOOSE

quote:

Basics

Phenazepam is a long-acting sedative and CNS depressant of the benzodiazepine family. It was originally developed and used in the Soviet Union/Russia as a treatment for epilepsy, alcohol withdrawal syndrome, pre-surgery anxiety, and isomnia. Phenazepam has a half-life of 60 hours, meaning one dose will have effects for more than an entire day.

If you are not familiar with other benzodiazepines such as klonopin, xanax, valium, et cetera, it is recommended that you read the Benzo Megathread for general information on the class of chemicals before asking non-phenazepam specific questions in here.

Phenazepam is not scheduled in the United States, nor is it an analogue of a schedule 1 or 2 substance. You can probably still get in trouble for having it if the phenazepam is clearly for human consumption (in gel caps, blotter, etc) however. Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

quote:

Henry Huxley posted:
Just ordered. Can someone explain to me how this eyeballing is done? [...] No, do you use a solvent? Do you jam it under the eyelid? This isn’t really that obvious for someone who normally doesn’t take drugs with his eyeballs.

quote:

CascadingStyleSheet posted:
I bought a sheet of Che Guevara blotter paper off the net to apply mine to once it arrives. I got that one because it's just a simple black and white of the iconic picture everyone knows and I'm worried about ingesting a load of toxic ink. I have no idea how they print them but it seems like an unhealthy thing to eat. I would have gotten a blank sheet if I could. I sure as hell wouldn't make my own with an inkjet printer.

-----

I just had one square so i'll see if I turn into a ragging zombie.

-----

Took this shiuff on friday, maybe onyta a few git or ` 10 I don;r remenef Now a day leter and i feell on other planet, track a 6 pod tea to sttle down. Cant barlwly walk or anthing.

I can't have goone far or downwaything
Thisi stuff with will wreck you and make
Thnkgg I just need freech air

-----

I kook my first does friday and now it suddenly monday,I ‘m still too cross-eyed to write properly but never really had any positive effect during that time. Cant’ wait for this poo poo ti sbe to gone so I can juct get on wth wahat i’m doing.
Had a few fhours oa work and feel better. Very hard to forn any thoughtsm feel dizzy and crosseyed and very tried. I reality hope ll these clocks are correct.
Total zonbification.
Don’t think i’ll do again. Nasy Hangover at this amount.

[editorial note: at the time this was written, it was not Monday. Anywhere.]

quote:

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

Oh Jesus. I had exactly two beers with some eyeballed phenaz on Sunday night. All I remember is hanging out with my roommate, listening to music, and playing video games.

I don't remember this, but I woke up from my benzo sleep for a little while on Monday morning (8:30, according to my computer) and went on eBay. I used the Buy It Now option for an Apple 3GS 16GB unlocked/jailbroken iPhone for $700!! gently caress! It looks like I didn't pay for it, though (or maybe I tried to and didn't have enough in my account), so I'm going to try and get out of it.

iPhones are sorta cool and it makes sense that I'd want one, but I also placed a $50$100.00 bid on a Vose & Sons Antique Grand Upright Piano and only lost because it wasn't enough for the reserve. Yeah. I've never known how to play an instrument in my life, don't have room for a piano, and a million other reasons why that bid was a bad idea.

Apparently, after placing those bids, I went back to sleep for another 8 or 9 hours.

I really can't get over how supremely retarded all of this was. And the topper is that the phenaz afterglow lasts so long that I didn't realize any of this until 36 hours after it happened!

quote:

JooseOnTheLoose posted:
holy poo poo where to begin. I tried just a little and it was great. Slept most of the day. Few weeks later monday, i try a little more. I wake up tuesday night with a broken arm from crashing my motorcycle in a parking lot,, walk 30 miles the wrong direction home, in the middle of the night, Cop pulls me aside and wis wondering where I’m going (home No ID No money, no cellphone, but keys thankfully), I fail a sobriety test as it as 30 or so out raining and I was cold shivering so i think i got some leniancy. Thankfully he gave me a lift. Wakup wednesday to an email that said if I wasn’t in the hospital i was fired, and my fiances father called and said if I called her again he’d get a restraining order.

Now i find out that despite being in the hospital, I’m still fired. Learn from my lesson folks, you will loose the love of your life and despite being a week later have no idea why. Loose your job, and in a month or so your apartment. I have basically no where to go.