Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
If you want a challenge just do the Heroic adventure. Its recommended LL is whatever your current is (was 312 for me) plus the rotating element burn modifier plus a time limit.

Do it solo and have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

qbert posted:

If you want a challenge just do the Heroic adventure. Its recommended LL is whatever your current is (was 312 for me) plus the rotating element burn modifier plus a time limit.

Do it solo and have fun!

Note that if you fail the time limit you can still keep going and get rewards. Probably lesser rewards, but I can't tell since I did the first one solo and, of course, missed the time limit. Also, there's no dark zones, so you can just grind them out if you feel like it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
How do you get the vexy guns?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
lol one of the new strikes is literally just the second last campaign mission with some names/dialogue swapped

It's fun though

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

How do you get the vexy guns?

do the heroic adventure thing from vance, that'll get you started

acumen posted:

lol one of the new strikes is literally just the second last campaign mission with some names/dialogue swapped

both of the new strikes are

they announced this in advance

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Yo I got that incredibly hideous titan helm

Apparently it reloads your barricade on solar kills, and then your barricade also releases some sort of solar blast to damage enemies or something

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Just cranked out the end of the campaign and not gonna lie I actually liked the truly new content.
Yo, that last mission was for real fire as gently caress. That was cool, props where due. I also have endgame hopes held out, so I'm not too bummed. :unsmith:

pars
Sep 7, 2011
Prometheus lens is hilariously overpowered in crucible, let’s see how long this lasts. It going to be the only weapon used in about 2 days.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

pars posted:

Prometheus lens is hilariously overpowered in crucible, let’s see how long this lasts. It going to be the only weapon used in about 2 days.

Is it a random exotic drop? If so it’ll be a while before it reaches MIDA ubiquity.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Is the "no dupes" fix in CoO or coming the 12th, or is it a later one? I cannot keep up.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

Re: Exotic drops

Is the "no dupes" fix in CoO or coming the 12th, or is it a later one? I cannot keep up.

There is no “no dupes” fix but you can buy an exotic engram from Xur once a week that guarantees to decrypt to something you never got.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

qbert posted:

There is no “no dupes” fix but you can buy an exotic engram from Xur once a week that guarantees to decrypt to something you never got.

Do you know if that works cross-class? So if I'm playing on my titan and I buy it can I get a hunter exotic I don't have and vice-versa?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

They had said something about adjusting the thing where you keep getting the same poo poo back to back when you decrypt engrams. Of course, that poo poo didn't happen.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Gotten four new exotics today after just doing everything on one character - the hideous titan helm, saint-14, the aeon arms, and tractor cannon (yesss)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

qbert posted:

Good call. Thanks, I'm retarded.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
They hinted at doing a staged release of guns and stuff to stagger but I doubt it's more than one or two guns at best.

They really hosed up by not having gun quests and LTO quests like black spindle

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

They hinted at doing a staged release of guns and stuff to stagger but I doubt it's more than one or two guns at best.

They really hosed up by not having gun quests and LTO quests like black spindle

A lot of those gun quests took a fair bit of effort and a bunch of people struggled to get spindle. No way bungie brings back the tougher stuff :(

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

They’re definitely going to do something with that secret area on 1AU, but who knows what it’s going to be.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
So, I finished the final quest and here are some thoughts:

New bosses are cool. After three years they finally did some new "enemies", like a hydra with arms and a giant cyclops that moves in a circle. Very basic stuff, but it is welcome.

The story is poo poo. Why was Osiris exiled from the city? We never even talk to the guy. Where is Saint-14?

A lot of the quests were just the infinite forest and places we've seen. Lazy stuff.

The new vendor amor, the "ornaments", are just the same armor but with an antenna for the vanguard and feathers for crucible. What? We got new armor for everything in D1.

It was a fun 2-3 hours, but it felt very lazy.

Also, in these new quests I really felt the need for the old kinetic-special-power weapon system. I got bored of just exchanging between an assault rifle and a scout.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

bungie.txt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ay4PkMyhiE

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I also liked that they turned Brother Vance into an rear end in a top hat obsessed fan

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
https://imgur.com/a/RMdfQ

Almost max range and stability
24rd mag
3 round burst
Heal on kill
Reload on precision kill

Wtf

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

https://imgur.com/a/RMdfQ

Almost max range and stability
24rd mag
3 round burst
Heal on kill
Reload on precision kill

Wtf

It looks great on paper but I haven't heard anyone I know to be a good player use it yet.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

qbert posted:

Do it solo and have fun!

The hive one actually slows down your super charge rate, brawler felt pretty pointless too as once I got in melee range I was hosed if there was more than 2 enemies.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Has anyone seen or know what the mystery third PvP map is? I've seen the two maps that have been shown on Titan, which are Pacifica and Wormhaven, the latter of which is PlayStation exclusive. I haven't seen any info/shots/footage of the third map anywhere, though. IGN and co. all said there's three maps in CoO (or two if you're on Xbox/PC) so I'm curious what it is.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

cvnvcnv posted:

Vex scout feels like poo poo. Thank Satan you can grab the next weapon prophecy thing immediately after instead of there being any wait.

It's pretty bad. I grabbed verse 3 after. Apparently that's the hand cannon?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I have acquired the game destiny for the Ex Bone

is this where i post

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You don't need to buy a disc, they have the game on the internet now

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Norns posted:

It's pretty bad. I grabbed verse 3 after. Apparently that's the hand cannon?

Same, Verse 3. :respek:

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
How do you forge the new guns?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

elpaganoescapa posted:

How do you forge the new guns?

See thread title.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

BlindSite posted:

See thread title.

But I have been eaten his rear end all day, shucks

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/938299157579739136

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
3/4 of the expansion is the loving infinite forest. Why didn't we get new strikes? I mean, we have been getting them for 3 years, now strikes are just missions but with more people? gently caress

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
What I mean is, why is capitalism affecting everything I love?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

elpaganoescapa posted:

What I mean is, why is capitalism affecting everything I love?

i demand full luxury gay space video game communism

(also to answer your original question: the cynical answer is “deadlines and a lack of creativity”, the optimist’s answer is “it fits the narrative”)

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

https://imgur.com/a/luDeR

I'm the mic drop.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

elpaganoescapa posted:

3/4 of the expansion is the loving infinite forest. Why didn't we get new strikes? I mean, we have been getting them for 3 years, now strikes are just missions but with more people? gently caress

Actually I’m gonna come out and say the new strikes own bones as heroics. Especially the vex tower strike.

Also I think the vex scout feels great. Run max stability and crit every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also. Vesper of Radius is extremely fun. Like, D1 levels of fun. It’s a warlock chest that makes dropping a rift send out a damaging pushback wave, and then massively reduces your rift cooldown when a bunch of enemies are nearby.

The wave is deec but the recharge is nuts. It’s the ultimate tool for turning idiot pubs into lethal weapons. With enough enemy density and some skill you can almost have permanent rift uptime, so just dump an arc souls rift on your pubs and go scout out enemies for a refresh.