Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Can you get done for writing a story about a child?

You can get done for anything if the relevant legislation is written accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

DancingShade posted:

You can get done for anything if the relevant legislation is written accordingly.

Yeah so what I was asking was what the relevant legislation said was allowed or not when it comes to depicting children and another poster answered the question roundly, idiot.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Yeah so what I was asking was what the relevant legislation said was allowed or not when it comes to depicting children and another poster answered the question roundly, idiot.

Well as you said I'm just an idiot. Good thing you told me or I'd never have figured it out. Whew!

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
You can get arrested* for breaking the law! Hth!

*offer may be void where white

AgentF
May 11, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Well, I'd say Richard was never fit to run the country. Need more seats, mate.

Nobody can tell me that RDN would make a worse prime minister than Bill Shorten or goddamn Malcolm Turnbull. RDN has a bunch of good policies, listens to the scientists and experts, and treasures transparent government instead of finding increasingly shifty ways to conceal donations (or in the case of Parakeelia, straight up embezzling government money).

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/938305781153370112

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
The promoter for Milo is getting a 50k+ bill from the cops lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AgentF posted:

Nobody can tell me that RDN would make a worse prime minister than Bill Shorten or goddamn Malcolm Turnbull. RDN has a bunch of good policies, listens to the scientists and experts, and treasures transparent government instead of finding increasingly shifty ways to conceal donations (or in the case of Parakeelia, straight up embezzling government money).

He'd be a bad prime minister because he'd only get one vote every time there was legislation coming through and that's slightly worse than Turnbull.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Zenithe posted:

The promoter for Milo is getting a 50k+ bill from the cops lol

source plx

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Herald sun, would link but I’m bad at phone posting

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...206-h004m3.html

Delicious

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

uh, why

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

you know why

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Dude McAwesome posted:

loving dogs.

Completely unacceptable behaviour. I sincerely hope that young girl is okay, and the behaviour of these fucks hasn’t damaged her or her desire to help other people.

Does the SES have these issues? One of the guys doing it was the Brigade Commander.

As for Turnball and Co doing everything in their power to cheat out of losing more MP's - if they only do 1 MP, the High Court will be able to do it quicker - and judging by his past performance, he will lose that bet, and lose all the MP's faster than they would if they committed all of them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They haven't got to the amendments yet, when ~100 people each want to make a 10-15 minute speech it takes a while.

Yeah, everyone's now doing their own turnbull and rewriting history to say how they always supported it.

Even loving Abbott is saying how he's now looking forward to being able to see his sister marry her lover.

EDIT:

I'll say this about Abbott, he's always finding news ways to make me sick to my stomach.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 6, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.aph.gov.au/News_and_Events/LiveMediaPlayer?vID=%7BE217ABEA-4B1C-4DAD-A1AF-48D83F52DE5F%7D&type=1

bob katter is talking about gay marriage (and crocs?)

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Labor wanted to refer nine more, but now the Liberals are saying Labor's too focused on the citizenship thing and Labor's trying to delay the SSM bill which the government is very enthusiastic about

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bandaid.friend posted:

Labor wanted to refer nine more, but now the Liberals are saying Labor's too focused on the citizenship thing and Labor's trying to delay the SSM bill which the government is very enthusiastic about

If only they could somehow find time in the day to do both at once.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Comstar posted:

Does the SES have these issues? One of the guys doing it was the Brigade Commander.
One of my friends left because her unit had a few people who were racist / sexist but I've not heard of anything to that extent.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/tomkaffikopp/status/938107205269716992

TheBlackVegetable
Oct 29, 2006

I think the answer is automation - software and robots.

A few months ago I wrote a small application that replaces an error prone manual process that took 3 days with an automatic one that takes 5 seconds and cannot fail.

One of the two people doing that work was let go in a recent restructure.

There are many, many other spreadsheet driven data collection processes done here that I could replace with minimal effort.

TheBlackVegetable fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 6, 2017

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Why do only the capitalists reap the spoils from automation? If someone can now do the same work in 5 seconds that used to take them three days they should get a 1600000% pay rise

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

racing identity posted:

Why do only the capitalists reap the spoils from automation? If someone can now do the same work in 5 seconds that used to take them three days they should get a 1600000% pay rise

Because capitalism is bad

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Haha today's Bolt column. He introduced Milo and became so flustered by the presentation he rang his wife and said "what do I do?"

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

TheBlackVegetable posted:

I think the answer is automation - software and robots.

tbf that's still Marx. Fixed capital replacing circulating capital to push down the cost of labour and stave off one crisis until it causes a longer term crisis in the falling rate of profit.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bob Katter's an actual human monster

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Bob Katter looks like a Scooby Doo villain trying to shut down the local museum in order to build a gold mine.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

tithin posted:

Bob Katter's an actual human monster

https://twitter.com/politicsabc/status/938508290329214976

:eyepop:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yes, the "real world" is a pub full of racist redneck North Queenslanders. Right.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
That Bob Katter Speech was so surreal.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Have we got a link to the full video of his speech?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Greens have claimed Maiwar.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When C Pyne is telling you that you are speaking rubbish and he is correct then you hosed up

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Same-Sex marriage opponents were dealt a huge blow this afternoon, after it was confirmed that they’ve used up all of their reviews and won’t get any more to fight the passing of the bill.

Coalition captain Tony Abbott had displayed some truly frivolous reviewing over the course of the debate, and matters came to a head today as yet another attempt to make ‘freedom of religion’ amendments to the SSM bill were overturned by Third Umpire Marias Erasmus.

At the close of play, it was confirmed that due to his inability to judge the trajectory of an entire nation, the Coalition can no longer call into question the decisions of their peers to finally enact same-sex marriage in Australia.

Abbott, who has long been a proponent of the DRS (Dickhead Revisionist System) throughout his career, was said to be furious at the turn of events, and even tried to complain to the Match Referee, Queen Elizabeth. However, his attempts were futile, as the Queen was pre-occupied trying to teach Prince Phillip not to make any black jokes in front of their new granddaughter-in-law.

Abbott’s woes were further worsened by the unceremonious mocking he received at the hands of his Barmy Army, who have long been at the forefront of the LGBT fight.

The captain was unreachable for comment.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Same-Sex marriage opponents were dealt a huge blow this afternoon, after it was confirmed that they’ve used up all of their reviews and won’t get any more to fight the passing of the bill.

Coalition captain Tony Abbott had displayed some truly frivolous reviewing over the course of the debate, and matters came to a head today as yet another attempt to make ‘freedom of religion’ amendments to the SSM bill were overturned by Third Umpire Marias Erasmus.

At the close of play, it was confirmed that due to his inability to judge the trajectory of an entire nation, the Coalition can no longer call into question the decisions of their peers to finally enact same-sex marriage in Australia.

Abbott, who has long been a proponent of the DRS (Dickhead Revisionist System) throughout his career, was said to be furious at the turn of events, and even tried to complain to the Match Referee, Queen Elizabeth. However, his attempts were futile, as the Queen was pre-occupied trying to teach Prince Phillip not to make any black jokes in front of their new granddaughter-in-law.

Abbott’s woes were further worsened by the unceremonious mocking he received at the hands of his Barmy Army, who have long been at the forefront of the LGBT fight.

The captain was unreachable for comment.

N O I C E

tithin posted:

Bob Katter's an actual monster

Human didn't seem applicable

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Hobo Erotica posted:

Have we got a link to the full video of his speech?

http://parlview.aph.gov.au/mediaPlayer.php?videoID=378143

Use the jump to time code thing to start at 22:06:40

It's bad.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/RealMarkLatham/status/938548031154110464

This is ... something

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they have the same hair

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Trying to suck the relevance out through someone's ear seems pretty on brand for old mate Latham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Zenithe posted:

Greens have claimed Maiwar.

amen

• Locked thread