Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

LethalGeek posted:

I got Cisco Finesse dropped on me today and I really hate this bullshit of making everything run through a web browser now a days.

We use it. It works pretty well and everyone in the call center likes it way better than CAD. Don't listen to the lies in the documentation that says it requires Java on end user desktops to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I wonder how many people instantly dismiss it based on that Java requirement

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Our Cisco consultant told us nothing would work without Java, but I didn't put Java on any of the machines and it works great. Apparently Java is just used for some of the reporting functions.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

ConfusedUs posted:

Last I heard, his boss was still a total micromanaging douche, but larches was in full DGAF mode anyway.

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, the last we heard from him he was about to have a meeting with his boss where he was going to make a stand and then we never heard from him again.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

LethalGeek posted:

I got Cisco Finesse dropped on me today and I really hate this bullshit of making everything run through a web browser now a days.

I don't even really have a problem with it but separate programs with keyboard shortcuts their own window is just easier you know.

Oh man it is 50000x better than the old Agent Desktop software though.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

Oh man it is 50000x better than the old Agent Desktop software though.

Was I in some weird magical place where the agent worked 99% of the time and responded promptly? Seemed fine to me.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

McNally posted:

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, the last we heard from him he was about to have a meeting with his boss where he was going to make a stand and then we never heard from him again.

larches making a stand? Nah

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Moment of silence for the chromebook administrators who got completely screwed today by google.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

incoherent posted:

Moment of silence for the chromebook administrators who got completely screwed today by google.

What is the news?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

incoherent posted:

The free Netflix offer? Or something else?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Managed devices through GAFE had their WIFI SSID wiped.

You can see how this is...problematic.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Boogalo posted:

Speaking of throwbacks, has anyone heard from Larches lately?

That's none of your concern.

Blue_monday
Jan 9, 2004

mind the teeth while you're going down

Entropic posted:

Got it in one. :toot:

I'm not sure any good EMR software exists, I've certainly never met a doctor who likes theirs.

actually if i may - are you willing to share your thoughts on supporting it? Hybrid environment aside I am always genuinely curious about how other people find using/supporting NOD. My experience is not positive, to say the least.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

a half dozen tickets have come in over the last month..

From people who are out of the office and unable to log into their e-mail. All of them because they didn't read any of the three MFA announcement e-mails.

They're basically SOL too, since anyone important enough to be given special treatment was individually reached out to during the roll out.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I'm such a god-damned nerd.

Ticket came in "I'd like access to Microsoft Visio please."

I replied "Would you prefer Excel to Microsoft Visio?"

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm such a god-damned nerd.

Ticket came in "I'd like access to Microsoft Visio please."

I replied "Would you prefer Excel to Microsoft Visio?"

What was their response?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Pixelboy posted:

What was their response?

I just received it. And I am slain.

quote:

Can I have a Word with you? OneNote that I would like to make – having Access to Excel gives me double Visio…

(Thanks for processing this request.)

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Avenging_Mikon posted:

quote:

Can I have a Word with you? OneNote that I would like to make – having Access to Excel gives me double Visio…

(Thanks for processing this request.)

You loving what :psyboom:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Move that user's tickets to the top of your queue from now on. Perfect response.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I have to commend him for having a good Outlook on the situation.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They probably wouldn't have given you that response if they'd known you'd become a Publisher

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
This endeavor is a real Project.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
I’d like to Exchange everyone for that user.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Agrikk posted:

I’d like to Exchange everyone for that user.

Can't go down to one user, we need Teams to complete this request.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sounds like a pretty Dynamics workplace

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Bob?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You're not a very Creative Writer :colbert:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Getting a bit Clippy in here...

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Getting a bit Clippy in here...

Someone get a .net! This guy is crazy!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Agrikk posted:

Someone get a .net! This guy is crazy!

Speaking of crazy, you should see my active x

captaingimpy
Aug 3, 2004

I luv me some pirate booty, and I'm not talkin' about the gold!
Fun Shoe

Grassy Knowles posted:

Speaking of crazy, you should see my active x

I can't because I had to close my Windows due to the Liquid Motion making me nauseated.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
System Center Configuration Manager.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

what a SCOM bucket

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RFC2324 posted:

what a SCOM bucket

Sonething you piss away money into.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Please, what would your mom say about using phrases like that?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Someone open the Windows—with all these lovely puns flying about, it's getting proper niffy in here.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
All these punchlines having MS Products in common, it's like we SharePoint.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
You should all feel bad for Yammering all those puns.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

This has been some Microsoft Comic Chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I like puns but come on this poo poo is just Ghost. You know, like Norton Ghost. And also ghosts in general. Because they're bad. Both ghosts and Norton Ghost are bad. And the puns aren't good, you see, they're bad. Puns == bad == ghosts == Norton Ghost. Also Norton Ghost is an application from the same sort of era we're talking about. That's why it's another pun. And still bad.

• Locked thread