Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I am just trying to clear up a few misconceptions about a topic which is important to me. Sharks are awesome and deserve to be understood. They’re less awesome than whales, obviously, but still...

Are whales smooth like sharks? Wait, why am I asking you lets find someone who knows about this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I think this qualifies as bad news.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:ohdear:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
A one hundred pint splash heading here?????? Are you kidding me that's Great news! Hang on lemme get the funnel

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I get that you’re making a joke, but my alma mater has one of the top 30 whale biology graduate degree programs in the state.

I'm not sure if you know this, so you might want to sit down for it.

Are you ready?

Are you sure you're fully prepared?

Ok

Whales aren't sharks.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i was not ready yet

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
For one thing, whales are basically made of low grit sandpaper when compared to the smoothness of sharks, the smoothest thing known to exist.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who What Now posted:

For one thing, whales are basically made of low grit sandpaper when compared to the smoothness of sharks, the smoothest thing known to exist.

That's why sharks can move so fast, zero friction with the water

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Whales aren't sharks.

I'm pretty sure we covered that somewhere in the 86 credits worth of classes I had to pass to earn my master's degree.

Who What Now posted:

Even at their smoothest, when stroking away from the ampullae of Lorenzini at 0 degrees relative to an imaginary longitudinal line along the vertical middle of the body of the shark, they're only "pretty smooth," and definitely not the smoothest thing known to exist.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I'm pretty sure we covered that somewhere in the 86 credits worth of classes I had to pass to earn my master's degree.

Even at their smoothest, when stroking away from the ampullae of Lorenzini at 0 degrees relative to an imaginary longitudinal line along the vertical middle of the body of the shark, they're only "pretty smooth," and definitely not the smoothest thing known to exist.

Dude, what do you hope to accomplish arguing with a meme? What is your end goal here?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
E: double post

Chitin has a new favorite as of 16:55 on Dec 6, 2017

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

"Pretty smooth" compared to stroking them in a different direction.

"Smooth as HELL" compared to stroking anything else on earth.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Facebook Aunt posted:

Dude, what do you hope to accomplish arguing with a meme? What is your end goal here?

Clearly to push russian propaganda, and to misinform the public on the :krad: smoothness of sharks

see they want all the smooth for themselves, due to the ukrainian teflon factories.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bro I'm literally laying on a sharkskin sheet right now and I can tell you, without a doubt, that it is smooth as gently caress.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's like sleeping in a vagina, seriously, it's that smooth. I want to finger these sheets. That's how silky sharkskin is.

The myth of "vagina dentata" comes from sharks. Sailors found them irresistibly fuckable, and many were harmed when the shark, exhausted from hours of sailor pleasure, chose to bite.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
this got upsetting fast

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

this got upsetting fast
Nature is brutal. Smooth and brutal.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If they weren't smooth as hell, how could Marco have put his human penis into a sharkgina to make Sharko?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

If they weren't smooth as hell, how could Marco have put his human penis into a sharkgina to make Sharko?

This is a common misconception. The whole shark is the vagina, because of their smoothness.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Sharkskin is so smooth wasabi & ginger fall apart when rubbed against it.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm hoping to do a tiny bit to dispel myths about sharks by disseminating the correct information about why sharks can feel deceptively smooth, and explaining the proper angles and directions of shark stroking that will allow people to experience for themselves the true, pointy nature of shark skin.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bro I'm literally laying on a sharkskin sheet right now and I can tell you, without a doubt, that it is smooth as gently caress.

Preeeety sure I'm being trolled, but the idea of a shark skin sheet is actually tickling my funny bone pretty good.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Shark week looking pretty good

I'm hoping to do a tiny bit to dispel myths about sharks by disseminating the correct information about why sharks can feel deceptively smooth, and explaining the proper angles and directions of shark stroking that will allow people to experience for themselves the true, pointy nature of shark skin.

:allears:

oh you

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

my alma mater has one of the top 30 whale biology graduate degree programs in the state.

What a shame it wasn't one of the top 30 joke-getting programs in the state.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

What a shame it wasn't one of the top 30 joke-getting programs in the state.

Yeah, whoosh. I had no idea about the Twitter thing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

See, this is why you need you're money back. If you can show my anything smoother than a shark I'll eat a laffy taffy*!

*Wildly known to be as delicious as a shark is rough!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's like sleeping in a vagina, seriously,

Dry or wet.

Because one is like whale skin, the other is like shark skin smothered in butter

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Who What Now posted:

See, this is why you need you're money back. If you can show my anything smoother than a shark I'll eat a laffy taffy*!

some timeless jokes on the packaging as well.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
True fact: in the dark ages women would describe themselves as "shark-like" when aroused since the concept of a self-lubricating vagina would get you executed as a heretic.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, OK. That's pretty good, but I don't know of any serious shark skin research done by Darwin.

Who What Now posted:

Laffy Taffy is meh, and shard smoothness is dependent on several factors.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

Factors: smooth or smoother.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Someone post those pictures of MR. SMOOTH SHARK with all the tattoos lol.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Dude. Just stop. Sharks are smooth.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
But the minor in sharkanetics!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

My shark isn't smooth, should I take him to the vet or just sand him down myself?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Jose Valasquez posted:

My shark isn't smooth, should I take him to the vet or just sand him down myself?

gonna have to put 'er down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jose Valasquez posted:

an emory cloth and some water based lube and you'll be golden friend.