Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

In an alternate universe somewhere, something like this is the meta way to get around in warframe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It'd be great to see that on the plains.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

If you succeed, post it. I’d play Octavia just to blast f zero music :v:

Big Blue incoming:

I belted this out in about 15 mins so I may tweak it a bit. Ask for link in clanchat. ign: veryhighcholesterol

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Elysiume posted:

It'd be great to see that on the plains.

This is the only reason I have a potato'd, 3-forma'd volt.
It's all he does and its worth it.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

YellerBill posted:

In an alternate universe somewhere, something like this is the meta way to get around in warframe

There's a Warframe Racing League.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
"Volt is the fastest but he's B tier because he makes other people fast. This is my racing build...."
Holy poo poo.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

He's not wrong.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Initial plans for Focus 2.5 are up. (Note for new players this contains heavy spoilers for Second Dream/War Within content)

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/890214-dev-workshop-the-features-of-focus-25/

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
How do I go about getting into the Goon PS4 Clan? I assume there's a goon PS4 clan....

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

If anyone didn't see the update: https://www.warframe.com/news/celebrate-warframe-at-the-game-awards

Free crap on twitch for the game awards thingie. 5:30PM PST (GMT -8) on December 7th (tomorrow). Doesn't look like you need twitch prime, just linked account. You get a spiffy looking cape. Plus some sort of "twitch drop" if you watch for 30+ minutes. Will this be another day where the drop just keeps on dropping and people get 30 exilus mods? :allears:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
As I read it the fancy Salix Syandana is the reward for watching for 30 minutes. The other one they mention, Broca Prominence, is just the reward for linking your twitch and warframe accounts.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Solstice Salix Syndana is real loving nice.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Well now I'm extra glad I'm taking friday off. What a fabulous prize for burning off vacation time.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So, I decided to play Warframe, the platform is what I'm not sure. I can play both on PC or PS4. I just played the tutorial on PS4 and feels decent with a controller but I guess PC has the biggest community, right?

Also Sandweed convince me to play on PC so you can give me items! :haw:

Edit: I have twitch prime because of amazon, is it a thing I can only redeem on one platform or can I use that on both?

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 6, 2017

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Are there any must-gets from the Plaguestar event? I'm on PS4, so we are in the middle of it now. I just want to allocate my time efficiently. I'm still trying to get the stuff that'll be vaulted next week.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
You will want to get the Hunter mod set that drops from the hemocyte (lephantis) enemies during the final stage of the event. Also, the infested rapier zaw piece and exodia arcanes are real good. Other than that, its an easy way to get completed forma.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Guillermus posted:

So, I decided to play Warframe, the platform is what I'm not sure. I can play both on PC or PS4. I just played the tutorial on PS4 and feels decent with a controller but I guess PC has the biggest community, right?

Edit: I have twitch prime because of amazon, is it a thing I can only redeem on one platform or can I use that on both?

One platform only

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

commish posted:

Are there any must-gets from the Plaguestar event? I'm on PS4, so we are in the middle of it now. I just want to allocate my time efficiently. I'm still trying to get the stuff that'll be vaulted next week.

1 - The exodia arcane that cause enemy to levitate for a few second.
2 - The hunter set (esp. Hunter Munitions, % chance to cause extra slash proc on crits.)
3 - The infested zaw pieces come with inate viral damage.

The pre-built formas are great but formas blueprint or the ressources for them are not that hard to come by. Many consider the gems to be much more valuable in term of "time to farm"

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Guillermus posted:

I will give you a Rhino Prime.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

aleksendr posted:

1 - The exodia arcane that cause enemy to levitate for a few second.
2 - The hunter set (esp. Hunter Munitions, % chance to cause extra slash proc on crits.)
3 - The infested zaw pieces come with inate viral damage.

The pre-built formas are great but formas blueprint or the ressources for them are not that hard to come by. Many consider the gems to be much more valuable in term of "time to farm"

Forma blueprints are relatively common but they still have 24 hour craft time. You can have more blueprints than you'll ever use but still need more forma.
If you have plans for what you're gonna craft with those rare gems (it takes 30 to make a full set of one of the plague exodias) they will probably still be a better bet.

Definitely get at least one Exodia Contagion because it does most of its job at level 1. You might want 10 copies of Epidemic to max it out but Contagion is fun to play around with at level 1 and doesn't gain too much from levelups.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

commish posted:

Note down what you need for Ostron ranks, if you get those from plague star it'll save you tens of thousands of standing from component recipes alone. And once you're higher rank and don't have a cripplingly low standing cap you can much more easily get what you actually want.

Depending on how often you want to run the event it might also be worth it to get the components for a 212 amp.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sandweed posted:

I will give you a Rhino Prime.

Sounds nice, did you change your steam name? I can't find your viking face on my friend list!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I made a Plague Kripath Rapier-Harpoon and it rules because you can color it red, white and green with golden bits to be a holiday murderstick.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Avulsion posted:

Die and respawn (don't get revived). Your sentinel comes back to life.

Yes, that is what I'm talking about. If you die and respawn, your sentinel does come back, but Primes Regen does not reset, so your sentinel no longer benefits from it if it got used up before you yourself revived.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fun times, on PS4 I made a character following the recommended: Excalibur+kunai+mk1 bo+mk1 paris.

I log in into my old rear end PC account (made around Warframe's launch) and I find this: Volt+skana+lato+mk1 braton. Am I hosed? It looks like I'd need to contact with support to reset my account but, should I bother with that or just play and ignore that poo poo.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Just keep playing, Excal is a bit annoying to farm but it's not something worth stressing out over. The guns you will move past very quickly.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

As I read it the fancy Salix Syandana is the reward for watching for 30 minutes. The other one they mention, Broca Prominence, is just the reward for linking your twitch and warframe accounts.

Reading again, this ^^. Either way, this is fashion frame. Get your stuff people.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005
Thank you to the several goons who helped me out today. I'm still a babby but I'm getting there :shobon:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh, my PC char is a Mag and i've been doing some funny ragdolls around while sliding like in titanfall 2. Sent the request for the PC clan and I'll ask for a PS4 invite, PSN: Guillermus_

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Thanks for the Plaguestar shopping list tips, everyone! I didn't even know what an arcane even was, but it sounds like I need some of those that levitate enemies.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

BeAuMaN posted:

If anyone didn't see the update: https://www.warframe.com/news/celebrate-warframe-at-the-game-awards

Free crap on twitch for the game awards thingie. 5:30PM PST (GMT -8) on December 7th (tomorrow). Doesn't look like you need twitch prime, just linked account. You get a spiffy looking cape. Plus some sort of "twitch drop" if you watch for 30+ minutes. Will this be another day where the drop just keeps on dropping and people get 30 exilus mods? :allears:

drat my internet will be down due to swapping over to new lines

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Guillermus posted:

Fun times, on PS4 I made a character following the recommended: Excalibur+kunai+mk1 bo+mk1 paris.

I log in into my old rear end PC account (made around Warframe's launch) and I find this: Volt+skana+lato+mk1 braton. Am I hosed? It looks like I'd need to contact with support to reset my account but, should I bother with that or just play and ignore that poo poo.

The starting weapons don't matter anyways. You can easily replace them, and even if you don't have the materials to craft a new better weapon you can always buy the other MK1 weapons for a pittance of credits with no crafting required.
Warframe choice is a little more meaningful but not the end of the world. Excal is a pain to farm later, while Mag and Volt can both be gotten pretty easily. But since he's a starting warframe, Excal only costs 75 plat in the store, which you can get relatively easily later on by selling rare drops to other players (or buy him outright for a little more than a dollar if you happen to get a 75% off coupon).

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
A question - I'm stuck at 44K rep with two factions while I try and find 200K credits to upgrade to the next rank. Is anything I earn now wasted, or does it keep track like mastery rank?

Also, a tip, for anyone who doesn't do this. I just accidentally figured out double-tapping space will instantly 'skip animation'. I had been using ESC + mouse click like a chump. Many seconds will be saved!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

xiansi posted:

Is anything I earn now wasted

Yup. Maybe buy a relic pack or an archwing gun part with some of the rep if you think it'll be a while. Or just ask some goons to carry you through Index and get 135k credits per round.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yup. Maybe buy a relic pack or an archwing gun part with some of the rep if you think it'll be a while. Or just ask some goons to carry you through Index and get 135k credits per round.

On this note, is it worth it to pay off my second faction for a rank if I am am caring about the one? Steel Meridian and Red Veil seem to mostly offer the same stuff anyway

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RFC2324 posted:

On this note, is it worth it to pay off my second faction for a rank if I am am caring about the one? Steel Meridian and Red Veil seem to mostly offer the same stuff anyway

Well it'll help in the long term because every 10 steel meridian rep you get will give you 5 red veil rep for free. Even if you don't want to buy the red veil stuff for yourself, you can trade with goons to swap red veil mods for ones from other syndicates, or just try to hawk them in tradechat for plat.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Stevefin posted:

drat my internet will be down due to swapping over to new lines

There's a twitch TV smart phone app. Make sure to link your account before then (if you haven't already)

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
https://gfycat.com/FilthyWillingGentoopenguin

But what if you had two?

I'm curious what this build is.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Riven with - recoil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Infected posted:

Initial plans for Focus 2.5 are up. (Note for new players this contains heavy spoilers for Second Dream/War Within content)

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/890214-dev-workshop-the-features-of-focus-25/

"When combined with the millions of Focus saved on pool capacity, the cost of Focus as a whole will be roughly half of what it is currently."

Tallgeese, does that mean you've maxed Focus yet for Focus 2.5? :allears: