Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

Waaaait. If The Stag is back, does that mean we'll maybe get The Ram again?

:thunk: :thunk: :thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

Well we already got The Shaft from Bungie so probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
I knew I wasn't in for much story or plot development, but god drat bungie, this is some poo poo. They made what seems like 3 maps total, then 15 variations of a triangle tunnel, and couldn't even be assed to come up with some different enemies and we just got reskins, and yeah. hosed right in the rear end, feels good man.

The entire story of destiny seems like it's "There's a bad/good guy, and we have to kill/find him - the fate of the WHOLE GALAXY is at stake!" "Why? Light and poo poo, gently caress you"

Boogiewoogie
Jan 10, 2012

Erm a prerter prerncers! Erm a prerter prerncers!
So finally caved and decided to abandon my PS4-purist stance on Destiny 2 and try the PC version...and now I can't go back because holy crap the fps, not to mention mouse movement are things that I will die without. The problem I have is that the main discord for D2 is a jumbled mess to me regarding PC-playing so what and where should a Eurogoon do and go to get some other goons (EU or otherwise) to play with on the PC? I was in the first Clan on PS4 and have all three classes at 305 prior to the expansion so I don't need game advice, just what Clans have people in em to run stuff and complain about drops to.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Just ignore empty channels in discord? I don't get what's so hard about that

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm so glad I waited a couple months to get Destiny so that I could pay $60 for the game + season pass and not have to say things like "Bungie hosed me in the rear end".

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

I'm so glad I waited a couple months to get Destiny so that I could pay $60 for the game + season pass and not have to say things like "Bungie hosed me in the rear end".

Don't worry they all seem to want it

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
I mostly enjoy this game, but my biggest problem with this game right now is the bullshit storage limits. Between the blue and purple mods, I have more types than I can fit in my inventory/storage and it pisses me off to no end to have to destroy a bunch of mods that I'm not using now but may use later if I switch subclasses. What a dumb, arbitrary, annoying as gently caress limitation.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Same but for shaders

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Norns posted:

Same but for shaders

Goddamn, seriously. Got a stack of 60 shaders you never want to use? Enjoy dismantling them one at a time... and after all of that, you only free up a single slot.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I want shaders to go into their own collection not because I think I'll run out but because I have more than I can possibly use and that's only going to get worse.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the inventory ui is extremely bad. it needs tabs, it needs filters, and it needs sorts that actually work.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Cowcaster posted:

the inventory ui is extremely bad. it needs tabs, it needs filters, and it needs sorts that actually work.

lol if you've touched your inventory since DIM

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Well we already got The Shaft from Bungie so probably.

lollin’ on this cold winter morning

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jeza posted:

lol if you've touched your inventory since DIM

Can you shard items directly from DIM? I was looking for that option

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Can you shard items directly from DIM? I was looking for that option

Nope

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Holy lfmao if you thought certain weapons in crucible were better than the others just wait till you face someone with the lens. You'll afk right on the spot.

e: third crucible game. Someone on our team has the lens and it made 2 of the opponents quit instantly :thumbsup:

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 6, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thanks.

So I guess what Jeza meant to type was "lol for eternity because everyone everywhere still needs to touch their inventory every day"

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

What makes the lens so good? Doesn’t it still need power ammo?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Snuffman posted:

i think it's just an energy weapon isn't it?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Snuffman posted:

It's an energy weapon that kills you in a literal nanosecond from across the map.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
It looks like a shitshow. Did this get posted? https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulRepleteEggnogPogChamp

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thanks.

So I guess what Jeza meant to type was "lol for eternity because everyone everywhere still needs to touch their inventory every day"

I just let my items overflow into the postmaster and then into the void.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Is this expansion worth getting? I kind of feel like Bungie is spending goodwill they haven't earned here--the base game was fun for a while but I quickly ran out of things to do, and this game has a lot of inherent flaws (I hit ilvl cap and didn't really feel any stronger in world events or nightfall, what is the point of the grind if you don't get better?)

Looks like they only added one planet? How long before you run out of things to do again? I feel like this xpac would be free for a lot of other games. But I'll consider buying it if they've turned the page and the game is better.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Butter Hole posted:

Is this expansion worth getting? I kind of feel like Bungie is spending goodwill they haven't earned here--the base game was fun for a while but I quickly ran out of things to do, and this game has a lot of inherent flaws (I hit ilvl cap and didn't really feel any stronger in world events or nightfall, what is the point of the grind if you don't get better?)

Looks like they only added one planet? How long before you run out of things to do again? I feel like this xpac would be free for a lot of other games. But I'll consider buying it if they've turned the page and the game is better.

Did you read the last four pages or nah

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

Did you read the last four pages or nah

i read like 2 pages and then posted, feel free to ignore if im making GBS threads up the thread

ScarletOHara
May 21, 2007

Women need not always keep their mouths shut and their wombs open.

Butter Hole posted:

I regret it. Its not even a full planet unless I'm missing something, I've finished the story and all the milestones for this week and spent a couple hours wandering around Mercury and have yet to see more than one public event. The campaign was 5 hours. I don't know, I would say your assessment of them burning goodwill they haven't earned is pretty spot on, but who knows, I keep expecting Mercury to expand and be a full fledged planet (so far I don't see any evidence of that but I keep hoping).

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I'm not going to rambling her like other posts. This is a simple post straight to the point. This DLC CoO is just not worth the $20. This DLC is just a promotion for Micro-transactions (MTX) with Eververse, as all the best DLC CoO and Season 2 rewards are behind the Pay Wall of Eververse. Bungie this is so, so Disappointing and Sad to see my favorite game succumbing to greed and poor decision making on this game. I'm truly baffled to see how far Activision/Bungie have gone implementing this predatory micro-transaction practices, and I feel hopeless at this point and so sad - Destiny, our beloved game has dig its own grave with this DLC and the actions of Bungie of giving lame excuses and doing lazy work on the game (CoO DLC), promoting and practically forcing the player to spend money in micro-transactions to get the rewards. Because it is Clear Now, Destiny 2's Endgame has become an XP Gain/Eververse Endgame.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Absolutely nothing from the eververse mandatory or game-changing

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/938447834365313024

I mean the solution is pretty simple, make it do less damage in PvP

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
I thought the new story stuff was entertaining, and had some cool setpieces (I think the last boss fight would have looked way cooler if you fought him in the dark scary future mercury instead of the endless forest, but whatever). I am also looking forward to doing whatever the new raid content is once or twice, and having an excuse to do a few hours of milestones for a few weeks until I get up to the new light cap. Seems like an alright 15 dollar purchase to me.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The story is incredibly dumb and very disappointing to anyone who enjoyed the Osiris lore from D1. Good Lord.

I expected there to be some kind of twist at the end with Osiris and/or Sagira and the Vex boss, but nope. Osiris does a thing, then you shoot em, then he gets Sagira back and everyone lives happily ever after.

Laziest poo poo yet from our pals at Bungie. I guess they figured out that those of us with broke brains are going to spend hundreds of hours shooting stuff anyway so why bother putting any effort into the story at all?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The story was fine

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

El Cid posted:

I thought the new story stuff was entertaining, and had some cool setpieces (I think the last boss fight would have looked way cooler if you fought him in the dark scary future mercury instead of the endless forest, but whatever). I am also looking forward to doing whatever the new raid content is once or twice, and having an excuse to do a few hours of milestones for a few weeks until I get up to the new light cap. Seems like an alright 15 dollar purchase to me.

Isn't it $20?

I think I'm gonna wait on this one. Maybe they'll bundle a few expansions together down the line. I've heard goons say good things about the state they eventually got destiny 1 into, maybe they'll get there with 2 in a year or so.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If anything, this got me to actually beat the vanilla campaign

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its not bad its just not worth $20

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

$17 with the expansion pass is pushing it, $10 would be where I would go "ah. a good deal"

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.
Curse of Osiris is not bad but 20 dollars is 20 dollars.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i cannot shake the sneaking suspicion that the people claiming that the destiny 1 story was any less lovely than destiny 2's story are just lying to themselves but as i have not played destiny 1 i cannot confirm

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

And the old Battletech books were amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/938447834365313024

I mean the solution is pretty simple, make it do less damage in PvP
When do they do that blog?

Yeah I think I agree with people Curse isn't worth 20$.

I hope whatever the live team puts out is decently substantial. I'd be less annoyed at CoO's value if it wasn't for the MTX. I'm not even bothered by how much is behind lootboxes, it's just the double dipping that seems sucky. I'd maybe concede all of CoO is too much to give away for free, but they probably could have put out Mercury and the light cap increases for everyone, then sold the story content and maybe some cosmetic stuff for like 5-10$?

I hope they address the fact that non-upgraders are kinda getting screwed by the light level increase.

• Locked thread