Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr1AyyFFwmw

A few of the things in the patch either aren't working yet, or Bungie was just blowing smoke. Rifts still buff explosive rounds, most grenades actually weren't buffed, ect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Emron posted:

It’s not an activity by itself. You can only go in as part of a mission or adventure.

Really? Man, when they announced it, I assumed it was going to be a horde mode thing or something like the rifts from Diablo. Just a bunch of tilesets they could throw at you with each enemy type randomly as a repeatable thing. That seems like a no brainer.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I was excited and thought the infinite forest would be a new POE

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Emron posted:

It’s not an activity by itself. You can only go in as part of a mission or adventure.

I don't think its very infinite, either. You can only run 3 heroic adventures a day. The Fallen one has a bonus timer, not sure about the Hive version.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So enjoy the "bugged" Prometheus lens while you can

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/938447834365313024

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Osiris looks funny

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

So enjoy the "bugged" Prometheus lens while you can

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/938447834365313024

Looks like it’s another week of hard core bug chasing for me then

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

just got the new Gemini Jester legs for hunter and holy butts they rule on nightstalker, they even stun yellow bars. Haven’t tried them yet in pvp but theyre probably even better there since they confuse radar also

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Osiris is the Mad Dad at Best Buy that tries to return something outside the return window

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

thebardyspoon posted:

Really? Man, when they announced it, I assumed it was going to be a horde mode thing or something like the rifts from Diablo. Just a bunch of tilesets they could throw at you with each enemy type randomly as a repeatable thing. That seems like a no brainer.

This is going to sound mean, but I promise you I mean well: anyone who thought this was going to be similar to Neph rifts in any way, shape, or form clearly had not engaged with Bungie enough to know what to expect. At BEST it was going to be an Archon’s Forge but with different enemy types. I genuinely have no idea how “it’ll be just like Diablo 3 rifts!” caught on so widely and so fast.

It’s Bungie, expect the worst and learn to love the kernels of corn in the big pile of poo poo.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

Osiris is the Mad Dad at Best Buy that tries to return something outside the return window

They never explain why He got ousted so I’m thinking he was sexually harassing female guardians and sweeper bots

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

OSIRIS: Guardian, the door to the Infinite Forest shall remain open, should you ever seek me again.

*door to the Infinite Forest does not remain open*

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Emron posted:

This is going to sound mean, but I promise you I mean well: anyone who thought this was going to be similar to Neph rifts in any way, shape, or form clearly had not engaged with Bungie enough to know what to expect. At BEST it was going to be an Archon’s Forge but with different enemy types. I genuinely have no idea how “it’ll be just like Diablo 3 rifts!” caught on so widely and so fast.

It’s Bungie, expect the worst and learn to love the kernels of corn in the big pile of poo poo.

Because that’s what the internet does it takes speculation and unfounded rumor by posters and makes them into expectations and then complains when they don’t land.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
There's a "6" and a "9" on this page

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

el B posted:

Noice

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Emron posted:

OSIRIS: Guardian, the door to the Infinite Forest shall remain open, should you ever seek me again.

*door to the Infinite Forest does not remain open*

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Emron posted:

Our game has a giant self constructing holodeck now. You know sort of like that famously rad Titanfall2 level but with even more freedom? Its a giant simulation where anything can happen.

Oh thats badass, what are you doing with it?

Uhhhh its a bridge over a chasm in a campaign level that looks just like the rest of the level but the parts of it phase in to existence when you walk up to them.

Oh ok

Sometimes there are Fallen in there

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually I’m gonna come out and say the new strikes own bones as heroics. Especially the vex tower strike.

Also I think the vex scout feels great. Run max stability and crit every time.

I agree, the new strikes are cool as poo poo and I'm actually sort of glad they integrated them into the campaign.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

He's actually Harold.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fuuuuuuuck

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If Osiris can transport us around then why doesn't he just put us under Panoptes butthole immediately

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

free hubcaps posted:

just got the new Gemini Jester legs for hunter and holy butts they rule on nightstalker, they even stun yellow bars. Haven’t tried them yet in pvp but theyre probably even better there since they confuse radar also

I haven't gotten these yet, but I'm thinking pair this with the top Arcstrider tree and the dodge that recharges your melee: basically an infinite loop of stunning, punching and dodging

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
SA circa 2005 had a more advanced infinite forest

https://www.csee.umbc.edu/~squire/blueball.htm

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I haven't turned on my PS4 in over a month have fun in trials this weekend with that dumbass gun.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol poo poo loving Super Mario RPG had an actual Infinite Forest

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Menstrual Show posted:

I haven't turned on my PS4 in over a month have fun in trials this weekend with that dumbass gun.

:lol: if you're not going to spend all weekend on the Monster Hunter World beta.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

tfw the other guardians discover you made 69 copies of yourself to gently caress your own rear end in all timelines

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

As someone just getting back into gaming, I had installed Destiny 1 (XBone) for the first time about a month ago - finished the campaign, didn't buy any DLC and wasn't interested in Crucible (cause I get smoked quick...lol). But loved doing strikes - also, never got a chance to do Vault of Glass, because everytime I tried, no one was there to do it with me....

So I bought D2 over black Friday and my first impression is that there is A LOT more content in D2 than there ever was in D1 (without DLC). Campaign seems longer, much more public events, more "Adventures". I just finished "Unbroken" in the EDZ and after those and a few of the Adventure missions, I'm already up to 225 power (Titan class). I also find that these missions are a bit harder than D1 was, and that gaining power is much much faster than D1. I'm gonna focus on Completing Larceny, 1AU, and Chosen this weekend, as well as as many Adventures that I can fit in and see where that puts me. When do raids in D2 get unlocked? I haven;t seen one yet...or will that happen when I finish the campaign missions?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I like heroic adventures, are like mini strikes for 2 people. And they do have some random elements!.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Can't wait for Xur to only sell gear that you must be level 21 or higher to equip

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Boywunda posted:

As someone just getting back into gaming, I had installed Destiny 1 (XBone) for the first time about a month ago - finished the campaign, didn't buy any DLC and wasn't interested in Crucible (cause I get smoked quick...lol). But loved doing strikes - also, never got a chance to do Vault of Glass, because everytime I tried, no one was there to do it with me....

So I bought D2 over black Friday and my first impression is that there is A LOT more content in D2 than there ever was in D1 (without DLC). Campaign seems longer, much more public events, more "Adventures". I just finished "Unbroken" in the EDZ and after those and a few of the Adventure missions, I'm already up to 225 power (Titan class). I also find that these missions are a bit harder than D1 was, and that gaining power is much much faster than D1. I'm gonna focus on Completing Larceny, 1AU, and Chosen this weekend, as well as as many Adventures that I can fit in and see where that puts me. When do raids in D2 get unlocked? I haven;t seen one yet...or will that happen when I finish the campaign missions?

D2 is probably a better game than Vanilla D1, but it's also different enough in its philosophy that it's a difficult comparison.

Final D1 with all the improvements and content is so far beyond D2 at this point it is not even funny. If you took a step back and threw out comparing graphics/sound and what not, you couldn't be faulted for thinking D1 was the sequel to D2.

As for D2 raids getting unlocked, as of right now they unlock once you complete the D2 campaign and spend $15 on the new DLC so you can actually get to a high enough LL to play it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

el B posted:

I'm the 6, your girl's the nine oh and look, there you are the 0

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Calaveron posted:

So you’re eating his rear end while he fucks his girl?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Don't kink shame.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

D2 is probably a better game than Vanilla D1, but it's also different enough in its philosophy that it's a difficult comparison.

Final D1 with all the improvements and content is so far beyond D2 at this point it is not even funny. If you took a step back and threw out comparing graphics/sound and what not, you couldn't be faulted for thinking D1 was the sequel to D2.

As for D2 raids getting unlocked, as of right now they unlock once you complete the D2 campaign and spend $15 on the new DLC so you can actually get to a high enough LL to play it.

This aligns to the impressions I'm getting from friends who have played both and had all the DLC for D1. I guess comparing the 2, when I never even purchased any of the DLC for D1, is hard to do...so that's fair.

I'm pretty confident I will be purchasing all of the DLC for D2....just seemed silly to do it for D1 at this point, when not a lot of people still play it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

N-nno, this isn't how it's supposed to go

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Calaveron posted:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I lol’d way too hard at this

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
GUARDIANS, we have heard your concerns and

https://i.imgur.com/cA2PlPa.gifv

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

moist turtleneck posted: