Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Elentor posted:

Alright. How do you deal with survivability issues before cruel lab? I've felt incredibly squishy because I couldn't kill things fast enough before they killed me.

Also, have any of the patch note changes affected GC mines? Seems untouched a bit so I might try again.

I never really had any survivability-issues to be honest. 4linked gc mines with totally horrible ssf gear oneshot most things. Try rushing something like this tree http://poeurl.com/bDLQ and you should be alright

Pharnakes posted:

Thanks. Can I get an invite too, Pharnakes.

Trogdos! posted:

While you're at it could you please invite Wild_At_Heart , thanks :v:

done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
I'm hoping some of the people at Reddit / the fourms who say they aren't playing because there weren't enough buffs follow through this time, leave some servers for the rest of us.

I tried a spectre build last night, and. Not seeing the benefits of 4 spectres compared to 20 SRS. For those who play the build, what do I gain from going to spectres from SRS later in the game?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

After last night I again wonder again about the value of so closely interacting with internet nerds. What did it help to post all that on Reddit. They could have just released the info and moved on.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vasudus posted:

Well I mean it's like 700k on Shaper not including the bleeds. It does the job but it's not exactly a wander. It clears guardians fine, has really amazing leech, and is practically immune to lab traps and poo poo. Clears fast, things explode everywhere. What more do you need?

I'd take a look if you wanna post the char. Looking to recommend a build to a friend who likes playing archers but dislikes constantly dying so this might be up their alley.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

euphronius posted:

After last night I again wonder again about the value of so closely interacting with internet nerds. What did it help to post all that on Reddit. They could have just released the info and moved on.

Pleasing the whales

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

They keep the game F2P for the poors like me so please keep pretending to care about their opinions devs

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

euphronius posted:

build hype

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

It worked for me. Well, that and the 10 day races

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Trogdos! posted:

Pleasing the whales

Yeah I mean the biggest whale of all time is the guy who made the goddess unleashed

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Now that patch notes are up, I'm returning to pester you guys about builds that can make it all the way to killing Shaper that also won't cost several mirrors. Someone last time talked about HOWA ST. As best as I can tell, it wasn't nerfed. is that accurate? If so, anyone got a link for a good build to work from?

Also, I'd like a reinvite to the clan if you'd be so kind. You want character name, right? Let's do "cyberermom"

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I want to play with Blade Flurry. What class/ascendancy would people recommend for it? I'd like to go foil Raider but I'm not sure if that's ideal.

I went pathfinder because pushing flask buttons is fun, but you can just go raider and take all the frenzy nodes and swap out the jewel sockets.

interrodactyl posted:

A bunch of people have asked me about my ele flurry pathfinder, so here's a PoB link: https://pastebin.com/9u8WH5Mn

e: this build is not cheap

My Shaper DPS probably looks a little low for ele flurry builds, but my choices are meant to balance out mapping speed and endgame DPS. If you can do 2m Shaper DPS do you really need more damage? That said, here are some options.

- Use Moonbender instead of Doryani's. You can replace Phys2Light with Ruthless or Maim. This also gives you the option of a Culling Strike corruption, which is 11.1% more damage.
- Switch to a 350PDPS claw and take the claw nodes. They're very good. I went with 1H sword because my rapier dropped and I multi-modded when exalts were 25c.
- Pick Raider over Pathfinder. Take more frenzy charges on tree. If you want to really ball out, Scion works really drat well too because of better tree pathing. I like pressing flasks and just wanted to respec my wander.
- Enchant your boots with pen. I'm too lazy to run uber lab again with a VP build.
- Use Wise Oak with perfectly balanced resists. I'm too lazy to balance mine. Also consider Sin's Rebirth.
- Take Acrobatics if you feel squishy.
- Not shown, but I offhand Brinerot for power charges.
- I have 6 GG jewels because jewel slots are fun, so if you can't afford jewels like that, your DPS will suffer. I favor attack speed a lot because flurry feels awful without it.
- Don't use Carcass Jack. Pick whatever chest you want; Belly gives more life.
- Get a 40% increased flurry damage helm enchant instead of flurry AoE.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Drunk Badger posted:

I'm hoping some of the people at Reddit / the fourms who say they aren't playing because there weren't enough buffs follow through this time, leave some servers for the rest of us.

I tried a spectre build last night, and. Not seeing the benefits of 4 spectres compared to 20 SRS. For those who play the build, what do I gain from going to spectres from SRS later in the game?

for me it's being able to better dodge boss attacks and keep up fortify and EE

Elerion
May 31, 2011
So what seems strong?

Necro (Spectre or skelemage or SRS)

Wander KB/Barrage (Barrage enchant nerf, VP, otherwise untouched from 3.0. Ascendant Slayer+x to replace VP if needed?. shield+damage Nodes could push phys wander over ele?)

GC mines (was good, got jewel)

ED/Cont (mostly untouched, pending math on Despair vs old Vuln and Wither nerf)

Archer stuff ( barrage / Doomfletch nerf, otherwise untouched, new support looks sexy for clearing at least)

Other things?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
The changes to shield nodes are interesting. Claw + shield reave with lots of block chance??

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011
I was going to play GC miner but Solar guardian specter summoner looks so fast with good boss killing and it's also cheap. Hard to pass that up even if I usually got bored of SRS pretty fast but maybe specters will be different.

Ubers level 100 Necro from SSFHC Mayhem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_8wYGyhbNI

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

for me it's being able to better dodge boss attacks and keep up fortify and EE

That's true, I just let them do their own thing and don't have to hold down the button to summon raging spirits. When I messed around with a build I found on an old SRS character it seemed like my spectres were getting low on HP at some points, not sure how worried I should be in boss fights that my spectres die and I'm stuck with no attack

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I always start leagues as spectres or SRS and then remember around level 85 that I just don't like playing indirect damage builds. So this time I'm going ED Trickster (first time ever), seems like a solid league starter build that didn't get hit with the nerf bat. Abyss is going be fun as hell (no pun intended).

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like skeleton mages are just vastly superior to totem builds, they are essentially totems that can move and you can have 10ish of them instead of 2 or 3 totems.

Main problem is that the two required jewels are expensive and might be even more so with how many people are probably gonna roll necros.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
SR/RF is still strong, right?

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Can I get a guild invite on MeatClown please?

Thank you Rodent

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
When does the skill tree usually get released?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tonight irrc.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
For a US forum talking about an NZ game, 'tonight' is not very helpful to a Euro like me.

Although I assume it's not NZ time unless they work very odd hours!

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Scorpion 3-2 posted:

I was going to play GC miner but Solar guardian specter summoner looks so fast with good boss killing and it's also cheap. Hard to pass that up even if I usually got bored of SRS pretty fast but maybe specters will be different.

Ubers level 100 Necro from SSFHC Mayhem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_8wYGyhbNI

Minion builds have gotten a lot more interesting lately.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Insurrectionist posted:

For a US forum talking about an NZ game, 'tonight' is not very helpful to a Euro like me.

Although I assume it's not NZ time unless they work very odd hours!

GGG updates are usually some time between 4pm - 9pm cst.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Bugsy posted:

GGG updates are usually some time between 4pm - 9pm cst.

I'll be able to build tomorrow then, sounds good

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
fuckin' figures that after eight months unemployed I finally land a job two days before a new league

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

theshim posted:

fuckin' figures that after eight months unemployed I finally land a job two days before a new league

Hah, same but two days after league start. I'm hoping evenings will be available for play though!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

theshim posted:

Hey at least you got to poopsock Harbinger

Don't think you could have a more poorly timed 8 month window for PoE though given the start-times of Legacy and Abyss. Any other time and 8 months would basically guarantee two Leagues.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Can I get a guild invite on MeatClown please?

Thank you Rodent

done

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

theshim posted:

take vacation

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
I've never played a wander, so I was thinking about doing QOTF KB/Barrage Pathfinder.

I know some aspects were nerfed, but it should still be very viable, right? Nerfs were: -1 on Barrage Helm Enchant, VP rework, QOTF movespeed cap.

Also, this will be the first league with my new computer (and SSD)- can't loving wait to load zones in 2 seconds.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

ImsaKidd posted:

Also, this will be the first league with my new computer (and SSD)- can't loving wait to load zones in 2 seconds.
it's so fuckin' beautiful :swoon:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

ImsaKidd posted:

I've never played a wander, so I was thinking about doing QOTF KB/Barrage Pathfinder.

I know some aspects were nerfed, but it should still be very viable, right? Nerfs were: -1 on Barrage Helm Enchant, VP rework, QOTF movespeed cap.

You'd never get the Barrage enchant anyway, and QotF movespeed cap shouldn't really impact you. The VP change is the only really relevant one.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Just got these texts from my buddy about the Acuities I bought in Legacy:

quote:

Congrats on 200ex in standard now that you didnt earn

Its frustrating you can make in 8 hours of not playing what I can make in 9 months of grinding

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Sounds like your friend is a little bitch.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I never bothered buying acuities, and it feels a-ok cause who the gently caress cares about how much your poo poo is worth in standard.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

George posted:

Just got these texts from my buddy about the Acuities I bought in Legacy:

I don't understand how someone could possibly be salty about something like this.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

whypick1 posted:

Sounds like your friend is a little bitch.

CaringAboutStandardLeagueWealth.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

lmao what does 200ex buy you in standard these days, a couple of redbeaks?