Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

The Walrus posted:

chocotaco duo game with crawl guy last night was by far my favourite thing to ever come out of thia game

lol who the heck was crawl guy? I tuned in for that game like right after first circle. It just kept getting better and better with the ghillies and m249 lol. And they won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Dyz posted:

You only need 2 shots max to kill someone with the AWM.

And that means about 5 shots if they are moving at all.

I will say I use them more here than in any other game since so much of the game is peeking around cover. The one game where I found and used one it went pretty well. Although it was so late game that I only got to use it a couple times before it was the lie in the grass and spray AK fire in the direction of the enemy also lying in the grass part of the game.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 6, 2017

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
The AWM is the best gun in the game.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

22 Eargesplitten posted:

And that means about 5 shots if they are moving at all.

I will say I use them more here than in any other game since so much of the game is peeking around cover. The one game where I found and used one it went pretty well. Although it was so late game that I only got to use it a couple times before it was the lie in the grass and spray AK fire in the direction of the enemy also lying in the grass part of the game.

One shot kill through a level 3 helmet is enormously powerful. You should take the kar98 whenever you get the chance just to practice your bolt action skills

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

The Walrus posted:

chocotaco duo game with crawl guy last night was by far my favourite thing to ever come out of thia game

Link to timestamp in stream?

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

willroc7 posted:

Link to timestamp in stream?

This should start at 4:43 or so: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207037820?t=04h43m36s

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol who the heck was crawl guy? I tuned in for that game like right after first circle. It just kept getting better and better with the ghillies and m249 lol. And they won

Crawl guy is a stream sniper who never shoots. He just drives vehicles and crawls around the map.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
My advice to people terrified of using the kar98; Always pick it up. Stop using the m16 if you can get a different .556 AR. A fully auto AR is all you need for close combat. If you have an AR and a kar98 you only have to use the Kar98 to start engagements on stationary targets then switch guns. I get frustrated now when I don’t have a kar98 and have to shoot someone three or more times to kill them. I’ve noticed I lose 1v1 fights to people with kar98s lvl 3 helms that don’t get their shot off until I’ve already hit them at least two times with a .556 gun.
I went through a stage where I avoided it all the time, but now see I was hurting myself because I wasn’t making good decisions when to use it.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

cosmicjim posted:

My advice to people terrified of using the kar98; Always pick it up. Stop using the m16 if you can get a different .556 AR. A fully auto AR is all you need for close combat. If you have an AR and a kar98 you only have to use the Kar98 to start engagements on stationary targets then switch guns. I get frustrated now when I don’t have a kar98 and have to shoot someone three or more times to kill them. I’ve noticed I lose 1v1 fights to people with kar98s lvl 3 helms that don’t get their shot off until I’ve already hit them at least two times with a .556 gun.
I went through a stage where I avoided it all the time, but now see I was hurting myself because I wasn’t making good decisions when to use it.

Yep, this was me too until I started playing squads with dudes that valued it really highly. I figured they knew something I didn't, so I started taking it too and now I see its power.

It might be slightly less valuable in solos. The sound of a bolt action really draws people in, and the slow rof means randos can get the drop on you if you have no one to watch your back

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I'd say it's even better in solos, because if you can land that headshot you've actually killed someone(usually) instead of merely having knocked them down for a teammate to pick up.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Kar98 is better in Solos. The ability to take a person out of the game in 1 shot is not to be hosed with.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Versus other guns in squads the Kar98 is a bit of a secondary choice now that we have the Mini-14 and the SKS isn't impossible to control anymore.
Plus it's no longer a crate drop.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Party Plane Jones posted:

Versus other guns in squads the Kar98 is a bit of a secondary choice now that we have the Mini-14 and the SKS isn't impossible to control anymore.
Plus it's no longer a crate drop.

My favorite sniper is still the S1897 with a choke. :colbert:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

The Mash posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people not picking up AWMs. It is gamechangingly strong in a way that no other box gun is.

it's really funny to me to imagine a person getting really excited to find an AWM in a crate and immediately getting pissed when they realize there is no ammo.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

All this desert map teasing is killing me, I want to plink some nerds with a Winchester

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

daslog posted:

Crawl guy is a stream sniper who never shoots. He just drives vehicles and crawls around the map.

Jesus, what the gently caress is wrong with people.

edit: nvm, just autism.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

kiwid posted:

Jesus, what the gently caress is wrong with people.

edit: nvm, just autism.

I thought the same thing.

But it seems like he's having fun with ChocoTaco, so he gets a pass in my book.

Plus, he made himself useful.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

But crawling? Why? Ugh.

I surprised there isn't more stream snipers that just loot up the early to mid game and bring the streamer late game loot + vehicles.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So i noticed some pretty bad netcode, or de-sync, or whatever-you-call-it BS last night.

In this game? No way

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

kiwid posted:

But crawling? Why? Ugh.

I surprised there isn't more stream snipers that just loot up the early to mid game and bring the streamer late game loot + vehicles.

There are plenty that do.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

lohli posted:

I'd say it's even better in solos, because if you can land that headshot you've actually killed someone(usually) instead of merely having knocked them down for a teammate to pick up.

Athanatos posted:

The Kar98 is better in Solos. The ability to take a person out of the game in 1 shot is not to be hosed with.

Fair enough. I probably just need to work on my positioning and situational awareness

Lemon
May 22, 2003

kiwid posted:

But crawling? Why? Ugh.

Because it's funny? As far as I'm aware he only does it when he's sniping Choco, not every game he plays.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it ain't funny

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Yeah it is.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

fletcher posted:

In this game? No way

Yeah i know i know. But this is the first time I'd seen it work so heavily in favor of one side in a firefight.
I guess it's impossible to know without a killcam whether that dude i freaked out on killed with a double barrel was desynched, or if any of the other fights I've won were influenced heavily by it.

It just takes the wind outta your sails.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Lemon posted:

Yeah it is.

what's so funny about some dude crawling around in a videogame?

man I hope you're younger than I am

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Hooplah posted:

One shot kill through a level 3 helmet is enormously powerful. You should take the kar98 whenever you get the chance just to practice your bolt action skills

Wait does the AWM instant kill on headshot even with full health and a level 3?

Jesus. What a mistake I made to pass up on that.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

hawowanlawow posted:

it ain't funny

nah ita really funny but its probably a you had to be there from the beginning kind of thing.

though the titanic reference was just Funny

hawowanlawow posted:

cause you are supposed to shoot people in the game and crawl guy just wants to crawl and be weird. he also has great comic timing. its funny.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

hawowanlawow posted:

Subversion of expectations?
Usually slapstick comedy when you're expecting tension and drama is pretty funny.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

hawowanlawow posted:

I enjoy it for the voice he uses (he's a native Australian doing a whiny American kid accent), the attitude he has (positivity), and trying to protect ChocoTaco from bad guys by punching them while crawling. He stays on brand pretty well, and has a good rapport with Choco. It's a nice break from a lot of the toxic chat that you'd hear otherwise over gamechat.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Subversion of expectations?
Usually slapstick comedy when you're expecting tension and drama is pretty funny.

some punchline

Lemon
May 22, 2003

It's fine, dude, you don't need to find it funny.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

hawowanlawow posted:

Agreed, it's fuckin' dumb

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Lemon posted:

It's fine, dude, you don't need to find it funny.

lol ok pal

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
different strokes for different folks, for humor

i just think the 'i hope youre younger than me' line is really stupid

grown men and women are allowed to find silly things funny and youre a huge goober if you think they shouldnt be

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
"You're laughing at the wrong things, idiot." You probably think Frasier's funny.

This forum is built upon the carcasses of dead and bad jokes. Let's all just agree to let people do dumb things on camera for other dumb people to watch and be happy for them for finding a way to enjoy themselves in this short, cruel, and brutish life.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 6, 2017

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?

ILL Machina posted:

"You're laughing at the wrong things, idiot." You probably think Frasier's funny.

This forum is built upon the carcasses of dead and bad jokes. Let's all just agree to let people do dumb things on camera for other dumb people to watch and be happy for them for finding a way to enjoy themselves in this short, cruel, and brutish life.

But people on the internet are enjoying something I enjoy in a different way and furthermore

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:regd08:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

can't even mock nerds on SA anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/ESLPUBG/status/938498292748394496

• Locked thread