Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
It has come to this, 0PPR flex spot

Hunt @ NYJ
McKinnon @ ATL
Corey Davis vs HOU
Woodhead vs DET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrGonzo90
Sep 13, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

Watkins is not good enough to perform against shadow coverage from Patrick Peterson. Do not start Sammy Watkins.

Coleman is the most decent play of the three, but obviously this sucks for you.

Yes it's really quite bad. Currently leading my league in scoring yet out of the playoffs, I need wins!

Thanks for your help

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

pubic works project posted:

Keenum.

Re-thinking my flex due to the AB injury. 1 PPR

JuJu @ Cincy
Tyreek @ NYJ
McKinnon @ Ark

I have Juju in over Tyreek in a 0.5ppr, for what it's worth. e: Hill has a juicy match up but lol Alex Smith and I need a home run e: Andy Reid isn't doing playcalling though

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 3, 2017

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

e: Andy Reid isn't doing playcalling though
This is the first week I've benched Hunt (for Jamaal Williams) but the playcalling news is giving me second thoughts. Will probably stand pat, though.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Streaming defenses.

Seahawks vs PHI (ew, seems dangerous)
Titans vs HOU
Steelers @ CIN

Tennessee is my best bet, right?

I'm also starting Cooper Kupp over Nelson/Diggs, but neither has been reliable for like, two months.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

on the bored wop posted:

This is the first week I've benched Hunt (for Jamaal Williams) but the playcalling news is giving me second thoughts. Will probably stand pat, though.

Dunno, this seems like the perfect week to roll the dice on Hunt if you need the points. With West out and Akeem Hunt not really an issue to take touches against a softer Jets run D, and on the other side Aaron Jones is back to remake the dreaded Green Bay RB Committee against a surprisingly effective TB run D.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Aaron Jones is going to be pretty limited I think, right?

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Zero_Grade posted:

Streaming defenses.

Seahawks vs PHI (ew, seems dangerous)
Titans vs HOU
Steelers @ CIN

Tennessee is my best bet, right?

I'm also starting Cooper Kupp over Nelson/Diggs, but neither has been reliable for like, two months.

Tennessee yes. Diggs has a good matchup today, but so does Kupp so both are good plays.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I ended up putting in Hunt and then getting cold feet and trying to switch back right at the deadline. Unfortunately it was too late. Should've just left Williams in.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

So who's more likely to get me 5.12 points juju smischu or aj green?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Quiet Feet posted:

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm hoping Juju, because I'm starting him and my opponent is starting Green.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ended up sticking with Green and apparently that was the right idea. :cool:

Only thought on starting Juju was that I'd heard Brown might be out. :shrug:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I snuck into my playoffs, and managed to pick up Josh Gordon last week, so now I have what I guess would be a good quandary on who to sit/start. I'm trying to debate who to put in my RB2, WR2, and Flex spot. Here's who I've got:

RB - Crowell, Gore
WR - Gordon, Kearse, TY Hilton, Paul Richardson

My lineup right now is

RB2 - Gore
WR2 - Gordon
Flex - Crowell

Kearse and Hilton are playing against pretty good WR defenses, while Cleveland is up against GB, and Gore is up against Buffalo, who is apparently last against the run. Kearse has had two really good games in a row though, and I'm wondering if that will continue.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I managed somehow to scrape my way into the playoffs. 1 PPR

Choose 1 for QB

Jared Goff vs Phi
Ben Roethlisberger vs Bal

This is a toss-up for me.

Choose 3 for WR

Doug Baldwin @ Jax
Robby Anderson @ Den
Stefon Diggs @ Car
Amari Cooper @ KC
Corey Davis @ Ari
Josh Gordon vs GB

Leaning Gordon, Cooper and Robby, but I hate sitting Baldwin, even though hes up against Jacksonville. Davis has been pretty eh lately, and Diggs hasn't been the same since his groin injury.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

illcendiary posted:

Anyone else nervous about Russ against the Eagles this week? I’m in a win-and-in situation and can’t really afford a dud week. Was thinking of picking up Rivers to go against Cleveland as a one-week sub.

Quoting myself from a week ago regarding Russ against the Eagles. I did in fact pick up Rivers, but started Russ and ended up making the playoffs (the QB choice didn't play a role in me winning, really). Now I'm nervous about going up against Jacksonville. Thoughts? This one's a little tougher, as he's on the road. Rivers at home against Washington seems attractive.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Hey guys, gently caress Gronk. I have no idea what to do this weekend. 1PPR. Need to scoop one.

Vernon Davis @ LAC
Julius Thomas @ NE
Seals Jones vs TEN

Thank you!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

VaultAggie posted:

Choose 1 for QB

Jared Goff vs Phi
Ben Roethlisberger vs Bal

Choose 3 for WR

Doug Baldwin @ Jax
Robby Anderson @ Den
Stefon Diggs @ Car
Amari Cooper @ KC
Corey Davis @ Ari
Josh Gordon vs GB

This week I’d go with Big Ben for QB and Gordon, Baldwin and Anderson. I agree about Diggs, and Amari is sketchy for me since he’s still in the concussion protocol.

Ty1990 posted:

Hey guys, gently caress Gronk. I have no idea what to do this weekend. 1PPR. Need to scoop one.

Vernon Davis @ LAC
Julius Thomas @ NE
Seals Jones vs TEN

Thank you!

Tough call, I’m thinking Davis

For my own question, need to pick 3 WR non-PPR

Thomas @Alt
Fitzgerald vTen
Jones Jr @TB

Anderson @Den
Crabtree @KC

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Kloaked00 posted:

For my own question, need to pick 3 WR non-PPR

Thomas @Alt
Fitzgerald vTen
Jones Jr @TB

Anderson @Den
Crabtree @KC

It’s tough not to ride the hot hand of Anderson though even against Den this year. But I think those 3 are solid choices.

My question since Fantasy Pros keeps trying to talk me out of it.

Need 2 0ppr
Gordon vs GB
Julio vs NO

Evans vs Det
Crowder vs LAC

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 6, 2017

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I shouldn't try and bother to pickup and play Goff over Wilson, right? Non-PPR, 4pt TD ESPN

For RBs I have

Gordon
Morris
Burkhead
Ajayi
T. Coleman
Zeke

Top 3 are playing. Should I drop Ajayi for Barber?

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 6, 2017

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Whoever wins this makes the last playoff seed and kicks the other out.

Question my judgement:

1) QB: I’m sitting Goff vs PHI for Garoppolo @ HOU

Reasons:

Against passing TDs: PHI is middle-third against passing TDs with 17. HOU is bottom-third with 23.

Against passing yards: PHI is middle-third with 2701 and HOU bottom-third with 2829.

Ugh. I may have talked myself out of this one. PHI has second-most passing attempts against them with 459 while HOU has third-least with 384. I believe that would be because opposing QBs have to throw more just to keep pace with the PHI offense.

Vegas lines: PHI vs LAR is the second-highest line with 50.5. SF @ HOU is 43.

2) I am sitting PHI @ LAR for CIN vs CHI

Less heartburn with this one. CIN vs CHI has the lowest line at 37.5 .

:worship::thurman: Tecmo Thurman kindly bless this team with a win :worship::thurman:

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Fitz vs TEN or Gordon vs GB? 0PPR, standard rules. Half tempted to put both in and bench Julio because apparently they are never going to throw to him despite the fact that he scores when they do.

I might be a little bitter, but you bet your rear end I've got Rodgers waiting to take Ryan's place once he's back in it.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

cool kids inc. posted:

Fitz vs TEN or Gordon vs GB? 0PPR, standard rules. Half tempted to put both in and bench Julio because apparently they are never going to throw to him despite the fact that he scores when they do.

I might be a little bitter, but you bet your rear end I've got Rodgers waiting to take Ryan's place once he's back in it.
I vote for benching Julio. He'll have to contend with Marshon Lattimore for most of the game, who is playing very well for a rookie CB and has the speed to match Julio. I don't think it's a big game week for him whereas Fitz and Gordon could see 20+ targets combined.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I need a home run this week to advance to the championship game. 2 week playoff rounds and I'm down 27.4 going into this week so I'm probably dead but I've got to try.

Here's my current starting set up and my bench:

.5 PPR

QB: Jared Goff v PHI
RB: Kareem Hunt v OAK
RB: Alex Collins @ PIT
WR: Josh Gordon v GB
WR: Sterling Shepard v DAL
TE: Cameron Brate v DET
FLEX: DeMarco Murray @ ARI
DST: Bengals v CHI
K: Greg Zuerlein v PHI

Bench:
Derrick Henry @ ARI
Danny Woodhead @ PIT
Jordy Nelson @ CLE
Austin Seferian-Jenkins @ DEN
Ben Roethlisberger v BAL
Emmanuel Sanders v NYJ
JuJu Smith-Schuster v BAL

Is there anything I can/should do? This team was a lot better before Andy Reid forgot how to use Hunt and all of the Denver QBs forgot how to play football.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
Made the playoffs barely through AB's efforts last week!

First week of playoffs, in a full PPR league and am having trouble with the following:

TE
Austin Seferian-Jenkins or Charles Clay? Brate is available to pick up right now if he's better than both options.

Flex
T.Y. Hilton, Tevin Coleman, or I could pick up Sanu or Sammy Watkins instead.

Thoughts anyone?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If you're rostering both tes already I'd drop clay for brate. For who to start, leaning Brate. Winston loves him for some reason.

ASJ ain't bad and Denver has been bad against tes iirc. He's just gotten super unlucky with tds.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

first game of the playoffs, 1 PPR, allocating my 2RB/2WR/1FLEX thusly:

Kamara @ ATL
Gordon vWSH
Demarco @ARI
Woodhead @PIT

Hill vOAK
Fitz vTEN
Robby Anderson @DEN
Marquise Lee vSEA
Rishard Matthews @ARI

flex is Josh Gordon vGB

currently leaning on replacing gordon with anderson because i just can't bear to leave him out of my lineup with how great he's been; thoughts???

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Put in Robby.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Put in Robby.

Even against Talib and Harris Jr.?

That is the only reason I'm debating running someone else over him this week in my 1ppr league

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Broncos got wrecked by Cutler and the fins. The Denver offense looks so bad and it's basically ruining that defense.

It could be a bounce back game where the dst holds up, but it seems unlikely to me, Trevor, Brock, n Paxton are still there qbing so I'm guessing a lot of 3 n outs.

e:
Kinda waffling on my DST pick this week (Bal @ Pit)

I have the Lions @TBB I can swap in or I can go pick up Bills vs IND or Jets @Den.

I think Bills vs IND might not be too bad, but not sure if it's better than the Ravens DST.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 6, 2017

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Suave Fedora posted:

Whoever wins this makes the last playoff seed and kicks the other out.

Question my judgement:

1) QB: I’m sitting Goff vs PHI for Garoppolo @ HOU

Reasons:

Against passing TDs: PHI is middle-third against passing TDs with 17. HOU is bottom-third with 23.

Against passing yards: PHI is middle-third with 2701 and HOU bottom-third with 2829.

Ugh. I may have talked myself out of this one. PHI has second-most passing attempts against them with 459 while HOU has third-least with 384. I believe that would be because opposing QBs have to throw more just to keep pace with the PHI offense.

Vegas lines: PHI vs LAR is the second-highest line with 50.5. SF @ HOU is 43.

2) I am sitting PHI @ LAR for CIN vs CHI

Less heartburn with this one. CIN vs CHI has the lowest line at 37.5 .

:worship::thurman: Tecmo Thurman kindly bless this team with a win :worship::thurman:

I think the QB one is a tossup, but I would lean Goff. Garoppolo is still an unknown at this point, and Phi has still had games where they gave up a lot of points to QBs. Houston is pretty bad though, tough decision.

I think you're definitely right on picking CIN against CHI. CHI doesn't turn the ball over much, but they don't score at all. It's at least a way less risky option.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

My question since Fantasy Pros keeps trying to talk me out of it.

Need 2 - 0ppr
Gordon vs GB
Julio vs NO

Evans vs Det
Crowder vs LAC

Reposted at the bottom

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Reposted at the bottom

I'd like to make case for Evans over Gordon, but not seeing a strong one. I say roll what ya got

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Tiptoes posted:

I vote for benching Julio. He'll have to contend with Marshon Lattimore for most of the game, who is playing very well for a rookie CB and has the speed to match Julio. I don't think it's a big game week for him whereas Fitz and Gordon could see 20+ targets combined.

I'd say the opposite -- NO has had a decent season on defense, but they've been allowing top WRs to put up points against them fairly consistently. I think the WR1 on the last 3 teams they've played -- none of whom are nearly as good as julio -- has put up 14+ points. (funchess 14, watkins + kupp over 14, 3 redskins WRs at 10+...). Before that they did well vs buffalo, tampa with a backup QB, chicago, and a rodgersless GB, but both DET WRs 18+ points.

I feel like their defense is currently overrated because they had a long string of bad offenses.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

I feel like their defense is currently overrated because they had a long string of bad offenses.

This. I rode them during that 6 game span and dumped them for LAC 2 weeks ago and haven't looked back.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Any thoughts on a RB2 and flex of these other RBs if Mark Ingram can't play, 0.5 PPR?

Hyde @HOU (he's gone downhill the last few weeks :()
Bernard vCHI (if Mixon can't go)
McKinnon @CAR
Drake vNE
Barber vDET

I could start D. Thomas in the flex but bleh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hyde, though Peyton is tempting if Martin misses.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Like many others, I need a Gronk replacement. Yahoo standard
Anderson vs SF
VD @ LAC
Or I can put in a waiver claim for Witten @ NYG

I have Anderson, but I should probably put that waiver in right?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Join me on this Anderson train while our gronks are grounded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yes. Put the waiver in, but go with Anderson should it fail.

• Locked thread