Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Oh no you did not

:pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Destiny 1 is basically a college gym.

Destiny 2 is like going to a Curves or Planet Fitness.

Curse of Osiris is like one of those Weight Watchers diet entrees that people buy solely to feel like they're doing something about their sodium intake.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

30 PE drops required, which likely means at least 40 PEs require completion because it doesn't always drop :negative:

This is the worst kind of grind, Bungie. Am I seriously supposed to just grab one, not really pay attention to it and just play the game until I happen to have enough of the right thing at which point I have to turn 10 in for a thing that I can mistakenly consume and I'm hosed, so be careful?

Is this poo poo intended to be completed over the entirety of the life of D2?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I wish there were more things to do after beating the campaign!

[Monkey Paw lowers a finger]

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If ever verse was supposed to make money there would be ghost voice packs and weapon audio packs that makes your gun do fart noises

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I would buy a snoop dogg voice pack for ghost

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hey so I got a Prometheus Lens from a purple engram lmao, might pvp in this game for the first time in months

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

The whole Vex simulation and Infinite Forest thing would have been a great opportunity to introduce some kind of Forge mode for making PvP maps. Would have been a good excuse to introduce a proper horde mode as well and let groups go up against all factions at once.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

David Attenburrough would be my first

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

cvnvcnv posted:

Grinded out the Verse 3 Vex hand cannon, grabbed Verse 4 next.

30 PE drops required, which likely means at least 40 PEs require completion because it doesn't always drop :negative:

This is the worst kind of grind, Bungie. Am I seriously supposed to just grab one, not really pay attention to it and just play the game until I happen to have enough of the right thing at which point I have to turn 10 in for a thing that I can mistakenly consume and I'm hosed, so be careful?

Is this poo poo intended to be completed over the entirety of the life of D2?

The radiolarian cultures also have a chance to drop from any chest, including random in-the-wild ones and high value target drops. It's not just public events. Doesn't make that particular grind a whole lot better, though.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I wish there were more things to do after beating the campaign!

[Monkey Paw lowers a finger]

How many fingers does this paw have?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Hey so I got a Prometheus Lens from a purple engram lmao, might pvp in this game for the first time in months

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I've gotten 3 warcliffs from 3 exotics, still have nothing new besides the arms from the story lmao

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Congrats

I'm jealous, but for PvE reasons

Gonna do more pe tonight, especially since there's more people online

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The only new exotic I got besides the arms has been the Titan overshield pants

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

the good fax machine posted:

I've gotten 3 warcliffs from 3 exotics, still have nothing new besides the arms from the story lmao

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/40560010

I’ve gotten 4 exotic engrams and they’ve been 2 Jade Rabbits and 2 Rift Chests :lolplant:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

How is Jade Rabbit?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Same, except Hawthorne threw me a Graviton. All my Exotic engrams are old poo poo and it's killing me. It's why I'm grinding these Vex weapons, because I can't get new poo poo otherwise lol

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

well enough weeks buying Fetid engrams and you should have your heart's desire

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Norns posted:

How is Jade Rabbit?

It’s basically new to me on the bone so I’m enjoying it. Fun for strike bosses and hvts.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Be sure to visit Xur this weekend to get your RNG exotic that'll maybe give you something you don't have already!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Policenaut posted:

Be sure to visit Xur this weekend to get your RNG exotic that'll maybe give you something you don't have already!

I think that starts NEXT week for some reason

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Just like Xur to be a lazy piece of poo poo.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think that starts NEXT week for some reason

It does lol

Is there a single mechanic in this game that doesn’t have an obvious improvement or promised update that isn’t “duh why wasn’t this in at launch”

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, thought it was next

This week xur will have sweet business, mask of quiet, wings of hovering bullshit, and a random blue for hunters.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PathAsc posted:

Yeah, thought it was next

This week xur will have sweet business, mask of quiet, wings of hovering bullshit, and a random blue for hunters.

Lmao, correct and accurate

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/40560010

I’ve gotten 4 exotic engrams and they’ve been 2 Jade Rabbits and 2 Rift Chests :lolplant:

That warlock helm is incredible too, is that just from the Mercury set?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

That warlock helm is incredible too, is that just from the Mercury set?

Yeah I think I got to pick it from Vance.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It’s mobility

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Angry Walrus posted:

The radiolarian cultures also have a chance to drop from any chest, including random in-the-wild ones and high value target drops. It's not just public events. Doesn't make that particular grind a whole lot better, though.

Actually, this is a lifesaver! Thank you!

Straight-up flagged PEs have only given me the 1/10 Uncommon drops but chasing down chests, one in the EDZ gave me a Rare Concentrated. That and on Mercury, doing the non-flag PE of killing Vex and jumping thru their flying gates also gave a Concentrated. Two in such short order after the drip of Uncommons bigly changes my grinding strategy going forward. Cheers, homie :cheers:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So how exactly is the Prometheus Lens broken? Do you need to let it spin up or something. Is there a way I should use it when I go in?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

So how exactly is the Prometheus Lens broken?

It has a D1 ttk.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol yeah I’m bad at D2 pvp now but this gun is broken lmao

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I got a telesto

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

hiddenriverninja posted:

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol I just melted a Captain America and a Striker super one right after another to get my milestone and I’m out

How the hell did this get past QA?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol I just melted a Captain America and a Striker super one right after another to get my milestone and I’m out

Fake post. No one uses Captain America.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

get a refund, guardians

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Start being realistic, nobody plays PvP anymore. That includes the dev team and bug testers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Xur, if you have Orpheus rig, I will suck your dick.