Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I'd be more interested in seeing one of the Universes that got to sit out from the tournament honestly.

Like to see more about that one God of Destruction with the really freaky face who didn't enter the tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Best character.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
http://dbfg.japeal.com?p1=101&p2=60&c=0
Some sinister poo poo right here.

http://dbfg.japeal.com?p1=53&p2=64&c=0
More logical. this one.

Bushmaori fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Dec 6, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I'd be more interested in seeing one of the Universes that got to sit out from the tournament honestly.

You do know that any of the "okay" universes shown are most likely going to be weak for the sake of a joke, right? Or at least the first one would probably go down to U9.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It wouldn’t really be a joke; the people don’t have to get strong or fight because the GoDs take care of any threats before they become a problem. One of them has even made a comment about how boring his universe is because nothing ever happens

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Kashuno posted:

It wouldn’t really be a joke; the people don’t have to get strong or fight because the GoDs take care of any threats before they become a problem. One of them has even made a comment about how boring his universe is because nothing ever happens

I assumed that a "good" God of Destruction's duty was also to destroy any threat to a universe as well as to destroy planets or life that would only deteriorate, but any other fan I spoke to was all "Nuh uh, Beerus's job is just to destroy so he isn't a bad GoD!" without some direct Toriyama quote. Like for some reason they're his contractual liability lawyers and the loving Supreme Kai was supposed to protect life instead of the warrior that was super strong and could throw Hakai to solve a big issue, as if loving Shin could be assed to do that, much less figure out how to tie a shoelace.

EDIT: Then again, these same dudes believed that Beerus was talking to the narrator,. instead of "Say Something" being a wish that his brother would have had last words for him, because the Narrator talked after he said that.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Dec 6, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

No, really, this time it's legendary!

Would you like some cheese with that

Crabtree posted:

Then again, these same dudes believed that Beerus was talking to the narrator,. instead of "Say Something" being a wish that his brother would have had last words for him, because the Narrator talked after he said that.

To be fair, I like that idea in theory, but it doesn't make sense in context.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 6, 2017

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
At first I thought it was a request for a eulogy from Whis on his brother, before I realized that it was posthumously directed at Champa.

Never in my mind did I arrive at "he's talking to the narrator" because Dragon ball isn't that kind of show.

I think the only times they break the 4th wall, it's when Akira's self-insert is there.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mordaedil posted:

At first I thought it was a request for a eulogy from Whis on his brother, before I realized that it was posthumously directed at Champa.

Never in my mind did I arrive at "he's talking to the narrator" because Dragon ball isn't that kind of show.

I think the only times they break the 4th wall, it's when Akira's self-insert is there.

Gohan breaks it once during the early Buu Saga, pointing out to the audience that Krillin's let his hair grow. Beyond that, the fourth wall jokes are kept to a minimum.

It's really obvious that it's Beerus complaining about Champa's attitude at his last moments anyways, it's blatantly not the moment for a joke. But there's a lot of people that can't follow this dumb punchmans anime.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Crabtree posted:

You do know that any of the "okay" universes shown are most likely going to be weak for the sake of a joke, right? Or at least the first one would probably go down to U9.
Well if it's a low key arc, we don't need a super-strong antagonist. Besides, if Goku is able to beat Jiren, no one in any other Universe short of the GoDs will be much of a challenge anyway.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
For some reason I saw this and immediately thought of Marilyn Manson.
http://dbfg.japeal.com?p1=84&p2=106&c=0

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mordaedil posted:

I figured he was daring Whis to make a smart-rear end comment like he usually does when it comes to Beerus and Champa's relationship.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I figured he was talking to the narrator so he could end the scene.

The jobs of the kais and GoDs seems really vague to begin with, but they're all blamed for the Mortal Levels being low, so clearly it's supposed to be their job to upkeep the universes through whatever means. It seems like every single job they're supposed to do falls on the GoDs though. The Supreme Kais apparently create life, but we have never seen them do that other than the time Kabito healed Gohan (who isn't even a Supreme Kai). Even Gowasu, who knew what he was doing, said their job was just to watch.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gowasu was also on the short list for elimination too, so maybe just watching isn't the whole job :v:

making quality GodTube content though, that definitely isn't on Supreme Kai duties

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I thought Beerus was talking to himself. Like, "He's your brother, you should say something"

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I took it as a directionless statement of pain - somebody, anybody, say something in this sudden silence.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How would Shenron even fuse?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
You wish to fuse with him on the Dragon balls.

You probably get locked inside the balls with him though if you do it this way.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Beerus was talking to us, the fans. He wants us to "Say Something" to stop the carnage and senseless destruction of Universes.

Please write a letter to Zen-Oh c/o Fuji TV. Urge him to stop deleting Universes because it's not "cool" or "fun". Only we can stop him, now.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I thought he wanted Champa to say something instead of going out on a taunt

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Augus posted:

I thought Beerus was talking to himself. Like, "He's your brother, you should say something"

That's how I took it. At this point I'm probably misremembering, but I thought earlier on Whis prompted Beerus to "say something" as well.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

I thought he wanted Champa to say something instead of going out on a taunt

that's how I took it too. kinda surprised there's so much contention over this

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Did someone have to manually create all of these combos or is there some way to do it automatically with computer magic?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
basically if Frezia was in Gene or Liquir's universe he would have been obliterated on Namek and never been heard from again. It is literally only because Beerus is bad at his job that Frezia exists.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

champa being better at his job than beerus is probably why frost went with good pr over just trashing people

tho maybe hit had something to do with it too

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Stallion Cabana posted:

basically if Frezia was in Gene or Liquir's universe he would have been obliterated on Namek and never been heard from again. It is literally only because Beerus is bad at his job that Frezia exists.

Pretty sure Beerus was fine with Freeza doing whatever as long as things were destroyed and he was free to nap

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's how I took it too. kinda surprised there's so much contention over this

I thought he was made HE didn't say anything, but I also watched that episode on 2h of sleep so.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

it can be both.

He's angry at Champa for not saying anything, and angry at himself for not saying anything.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm glad beerus is doing the face turn to help Goku's plan to noogie all the gods.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Faustian Bargain posted:

Did someone have to manually create all of these combos or is there some way to do it automatically with computer magic?

Has to be the latter. Separated into parts is my guess.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Faustian Bargain posted:

I think they manually defined which sections of the sprites are the face, hair, and main color pallete. Then computer magic swaps the defined sections of whichever characters you picked.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

champa being better at his job than beerus is probably why frost went with good pr over just trashing people

tho maybe hit had something to do with it too

I have to imagine he's only very slightly better. Really though it's probably just sheer luck that things happened differently, the Saiyans not destroying their home planet probably prevented a lot of poo poo from getting worse.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

champa finding out that frost was an rear end in a top hat is why his empire crumbled around him and he had to go on the run so idk

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dr.acula posted:

Pretty sure Beerus was fine with Freeza doing whatever as long as things were destroyed and he was free to nap

he was gonna blow up frieza when he woke up

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

champa finding out that frost was an rear end in a top hat is why his empire crumbled around him and he had to go on the run so idk

It wasn't just Champa that found out, it was everyone in attendance of that, including Cabba who probably immediately ran to the nearest adult and told on him. If it was Champa's doing then he probably would have just erased him.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Wish we'd gotten some scenes of Cabba and Frost in the tournament, that could have been interesting.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

didn't the show say most of Champa's job was done by Vados? She either bribed him or carried out destruction on her own for him?

I assume she was purely doing the most base level subsistence of it though.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Stallion Cabana posted:

didn't the show say most of Champa's job was done by Vados? She either bribed him or carried out destruction on her own for him?

I assume she was purely doing the most base level subsistence of it though.

She was at least shown destroying a planet that they thought had a Super Dragonball inside, and she makes fun of him for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Summaries came out for the next four episodes, and uh it takes it up a notch for sure