Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

arfjason who was that obnoxious hon/dota poster you used to constantly dunk on?

it was meat recital and he wasnt obnoxious at all and i didnt dunk on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
what if bomberdude started emptyquoting some random dude on sa just because and got banned ten billion times for it?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
what if hambazambaman had a nefarious alt right foderafreak drop an electric eel on his spaghetti plate at a restaurant, causing him to get shocked to death as small arcs emanate from his head?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ArfJason posted:

I hope you do fine.

Yeah same. I love your videos Shaun. It's refreshing to see a Youtuber who avoids the whole faux-angry routine.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Yo can anyone with connections hook me up to Mr. Rubin?

ArfJason was just mercilessly slaughtered by a something awful forums moderator for just asking questions.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
DS2! *click*

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/contrapoints/status/938463688834584577
Well that's good news

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

it does honestly seem to be FYAD's tantrum against hbomberguy, because they never did like him to begin with. from what i hear they consider him unfunny or something. not that i'm saying they're wrong, but that seems to be the reason.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

:yeah:

I'm still strongly suspicious of the club itself, and am of the opinion that they're doing this just to save face and be more able to attract people, but all profit from the event going to a trans charity is an objectively good thing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Genocyber posted:

:yeah:

I'm still strongly suspicious of the club itself, and am of the opinion that they're doing this just to save face and be more able to attract people, but all profit from the event going to a trans charity is an objectively good thing.

IFF it's a real, decent charity and not like...Blaire Whites Fund For Conservative Trans-women, yeah this is for the better.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Have we talked about Peter Coffin in here? He's another example of the left's hegemony over pointless non-STEM activities like "writing a script before you shoot your video" and "editing your video before you post it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eijYEYzAQu0

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
That's a decent Waterworld cosplay.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Goon Danton posted:

Have we talked about Peter Coffin in here? He's another example of the left's hegemony over pointless non-STEM activities like "writing a script before you shoot your video" and "editing your video before you post it."

I liked this video and found it interesting but this is the worst loving intro. Having to sit through the "brah" collective thing in particular. Holy poo poo that was both painfully unfunny and deeply irritating.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Goon Danton posted:

I found the video decent if a little shallow considering how pervassive the subject is, however...

202K subscribers and 2-10K views per video, what the hell is going on here?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Aramis posted:

I found the video decent if a little shallow considering how pervassive the subject is, however...

202K subscribers and 2-10K views per video, what the hell is going on here?

Usually that's someone who used to be popular, then fell off over time. People stopped watching but didn't bother to unsub.

Josef bugman posted:

I liked this video and found it interesting but this is the worst loving intro. Having to sit through the "brah" collective thing in particular. Holy poo poo that was both painfully unfunny and deeply irritating.

Yeah, he acknowledges that it's intentionally(?) annoying in the comments. I just liked the Contra borg queen :3:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Fututor Magnus posted:

it does honestly seem to be FYAD's tantrum against hbomberguy, because they never did like him to begin with. from what i hear they consider him unfunny or something. not that i'm saying they're wrong, but that seems to be the reason.

In fyad this is all we talk about. The rise of hbomberguy we consider to be one of our biggest mistakes and te primary reason why all the funny posters left. We've been working on a plan to bring him down soon though which should set everything to right, so stay tuned

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

apropos to nothing posted:

In fyad this is all we talk about. The rise of hbomberguy we consider to be one of our biggest mistakes and te primary reason why all the funny posters left. We've been working on a plan to bring him down soon though which should set everything to right, so stay tuned

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
everyone in fyad loves to watch 45 minute videos of british people talking about how islam is bad, that's why we get so mad at hbomberguy for disproving them or whatever he does

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

IFF it's a real, decent charity and not like...Blaire Whites Fund For Conservative Trans-women, yeah this is for the better.

The charity is https://www.thetrevorproject.org

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ok, the Trevor Project is legit.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What is FYAD?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

What is FYAD?

The second forum on the main forum index.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Josef bugman posted:

What is FYAD?

THis is THE eternal question of the SA forums.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

H mom rom dom com, was last seen skate-boarding toward Springfield Gorge at startling speeds fleeing the ravenous FYAD trolls who support whatever HomonculousBunghole is opposed to.

Sadly he did not notice the ramp he had carefully constructed previously was in fact recently replaced with an incredibly realistic map painting and as the edges of the painting curled in and slid down its the canvas... it revealed a shocking image

He plummeted to the depths; hitting every crag and cacti and died.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Glad of this.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Are hbomberguy and habermannn the same person??

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

little munchkin posted:

everyone in fyad loves to watch 45 minute videos of british people talking about how islam is bad, that's why we get so mad at hbomberguy for disproving them or whatever he does

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come the guy that made the funniest post of all time (WET BUTT's bullied one) turned out to be a psycho and some meltdown related to twitter.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I will admit that the parts where hbomberguy does the fake laughing for an extended period of time are pretty awkward, but there aren't really that many options for humor-focused leftist Youtubes mocking alt-right Youtubes. shaun's stuff is definitely the best if you're looking for the best actual arguments and information, and Contra is pretty good for a social issues-specific take with a mix of humor/entertainment.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
now that all those fyad fucks have been dealt with we can end this stupid derail and get back to the ACTUAL topic of The Youtube Intellectual Mock Thread! [Part2]: arguing about which dark souls game is the best

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

now that all those fyad fucks have been dealt with we can end this stupid derail and get back to the ACTUAL topic of The Youtube Intellectual Mock Thread! [Part2]: arguing about which dark souls game is the best

As a married white cis male with children I've never played Dark Souls.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

To get back on topic, if those things did happen to haboberman, it would be a shame. He's an important voice in internet intellectualism. It would be poor form if he sat on a thumbtack and the pain shot him upwards into the active ceiling fan above, liquifying him. Imagine his family stumbling in on the aftermath of a scene like that.

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net
Speaking of dark souls, have any of you checked out this 4 hour clusterfuck of a bunch of skeptics + Destiny vs Amos Yee?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foutPY888vc

My favorite part is when Destiny lectures the skeptics on how to properly debate.

Amos Yee thinks bathing children and changing diapers is a sexual act. Clearly he's never had to try to get poo poo off a 2 year old's penis.

fallenturtle fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 7, 2017

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
My thoughts go out to Hbomberguy's family.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

bhlaab posted:

To get back on topic, if those things did happen to haboberman, it would be a shame. He's an important voice in internet intellectualism. It would be poor form if he sat on a thumbtack and the pain shot him upwards into the active ceiling fan above, liquifying him. Imagine his family stumbling in on the aftermath of a scene like that.

This is like the one good post made about Hbomberman in the last two pages.

Can we talk about something else now.

e: Bleugh, I'm watching a livestream Conta is doing now with a lefty Youtuber who has criticized her, and she (Contra) is defending Singal again, with a weird "he's a philosopher" defense.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 7, 2017

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Yeah, c'mon. Have a little tact guys.

His family was distraught when they saw footage of his tonsillectomy where the good doctor Wehr_wolf16 tied his tongue round a brick and threw it out the nearby open window.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

fallenturtle posted:

Speaking of dark souls, have any of you checked out this 4 hour clusterfuck of a bunch of skeptics + Destiny vs Amos Yee?

My favorite part is when Destiny lectures the skeptics on how to properly debate.

Amos Yee thinks bathing children and changing diapers is a sexual act. Clearly he's never had to try to get poo poo off a 2 year old's penis.

is this everyone in terms of people who think it's interesting to say opinions into a camera, or the more expansive everyone who disagrees with yee's pro-pedophilia stance

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Genocyber posted:

This is like the one good post made about Hbomberman in the last two pages.

Can we talk about something else now.

e: Bleugh, I'm watching a livestream Conta is doing now with a lefty Youtuber who has criticized her, and she (Contra) is defending Singal again, with a weird "he's a philosopher" defense.

Did she really say that? That's pretty drat disappointing. I've read a couple of trans women writers going through their experiences with Singal (Julia Serano wrote about it here, Katelyn Burns also wrote about it on Twitter recently too) and the more I read about him the more he seems like a piece of poo poo. For example, he tagged a post refuting criticism he received from Katelyn and tagged it with "#Gamergate," presumably so shitheads would find it and harass her.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

aware of dog posted:

Did she really say that? That's pretty drat disappointing. I've read a couple of trans women writers going through their experiences with Singal (Julia Serano wrote about it here, Katelyn Burns also wrote about it on Twitter recently too) and the more I read about him the more he seems like a piece of poo poo. For example, he tagged a post refuting criticism he received from Katelyn and tagged it with "#Gamergate," presumably so shitheads would find it and harass her.

She brought up their Twitter threads at the start of that conversation, and, to me at least, seemed to just completely dismiss them. Like just quickly said to check them out if you haven't and then started talking about how her experience with him was positive and then the philosopher thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

fallenturtle posted:

My favorite part was when Destiny got mad at people for calling pedophiles gross

• Locked thread