Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

AP posted:

There's a ptu issue council which I don't have access to, as I was never interested to apply before they locked it down, and a standard open issue council for everyone else. The video poo poo I've been posting recently has been from idiots using the wrong one that I can access. I really cannot imagine how many hundreds of real, funny, bugs reports they'd get if/when they release this poo poo to everyone.

They can't solve the clipping issue after 2 years, the weight of dumb bug poo poo I'll bring to the thread with this in live, will have to be experienced to be believed.

Yes, the issue council is dumb, yes it's mostly useless, that's not the real point. Once Citizens figure out how broken everything is, that will hit confidence which impacts sales.

As a real, dumb idiot, who appears to have no actual sense of humour, put it to me.

Which I think is overly kind to me, if anything I can do makes all this funny poo poo even more hilarious, I'm all in favour of it.

I got your back :hfive:

ACTUAL RESULT Sun shines through (Freelancer) back door
EXPECTED RESULT Sun dont shines through back door

ACTUAL RESULT I see stars though the moon. Moon surface textures missing.
EXPECTED RESULT I expect to see the surface and not the stars behind the moon.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE Spawn at Olisar, Go to the ship, Ship has equipment but doesn't let you open it, Go back to Ship Terminal, Retrieve other ship, Same result
ACTUAL RESULT Ship doesn't allow interaction with it. Tried with Super Hornet, then the Gladius, then the Saber, all with the same result
EXPECTED RESULT Ship would open and allow interaction

ACTUAL RESULT ship spawns with out weapons, engines
EXPECTED RESULT ship should spawns with weapons, engines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxa2uHCFlo0
ACTUAL RESULT Every time i spawn the Ursa Rover on any moon, it starts bouncing up and down on the landing pad. In some cases the door to the pilot and co-pilot seat do not open so i glitch myself into the pilot seat and after that it opens and closes like its suppose too. The Rover is very unstable on any surface it bounces around little by little than its completely going crazy too a point where you cant even go in it. this bouncing around also does not let me put the Rover in the Constellation Aquila.
EXPECTED RESULT Door to pilot and co-pilot seat opens automatically when you approach. Stable Ursa Rover

STEPS TO REPRODUCE Spawn drake, Engage afterburner, Cutlass rolls starboard
ACTUAL RESULT Cutlass rolls to the right when afterburner / speeding up occurs
EXPECTED RESULT Cutlass should remain on flight path when speed increases

STEPS TO REPRODUCE after a died in eva , i respawned and someone else was on my bed
ACTUAL RESULT sharing private bed room with someone else
EXPECTED RESULT respawning alone in my bed

Star Citizen: Expected Result: Alone In My Bed

e: taxxe:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

They're also keeping their backers occupied by giving them busywork that makes them think they're helping, while simultaneously passively lying by implying that Star Citizen is a game that's far along enough to be ready for bug testing.
It's the ritual. The cargo cult given form. The dance before the cardboard cut outs of ships, along the abandoned landing strip, where a crude approximation of an imaginary game is prayed to by a tribe of citizens.

File your reports! Submit your bugs! Stream and discuss your experiences in this facsimile of a game! But above all else, PLEDGE! And look, LOOK! LOOK UPON THE FUNDING TRACKER! It goes up, it rises! The game will be here for us soon! The 3.2 will bring us mining! Pledge my citizens, once the tracking is high enough Roberts will drive to us over the water in his rented McLaren and take us to the promised land of game!

Praise be to the thumb that walks like a man!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

thatguy posted:

Chris "I Wouldn't Lie to You" Roberts posted:

It's-it's-it's the same as our ships we build it there's no cheating there's no teleporting to different areas, it's all physically correct. Elevators physically move.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg&t=1163s
:eyepop:
:lol::lol::lol:

"No teleportation fakery" would probably fit on the tracker, but I feel it's a bit of a reach.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Virtual Captain posted:

"No teleportation fakery" would probably fit on the tracker, but I feel it's a bit of a reach.
"Game world will be physically correct" probably works?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hav posted:

Calm down.

I cannot

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Quavers posted:

ACTUAL RESULT Every time i spawn the Ursa Rover on any moon, it starts bouncing up and down on the landing pad. In some cases the door to the pilot and co-pilot seat do not open so i glitch myself into the pilot seat and after that it opens and closes like its suppose too. The Rover is very unstable on any surface it bounces around little by little than its completely going crazy too a point where you cant even go in it. this bouncing around also does not let me put the Rover in the Constellation Aquila.
EXPECTED RESULT Door to pilot and co-pilot seat opens automatically when you approach. Stable Ursa Rover

Delete \user folder scrub. I missed Issue Council crossposts.

Spiderdrake posted:

"Game world will be physically correct" probably works?

Could probably get on board with this.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.
$32.3 million so far in 2017

I'm seriously :laffo: right now

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE Spawn at Olisar, Go to the ship, Ship has equipment but doesn't let you open it, Go back to Ship Terminal, Retrieve other ship, Same result
ACTUAL RESULT Ship doesn't allow interaction with it. Tried with Super Hornet, then the Gladius, then the Saber, all with the same result

STEPS TO REPRODUCE after a died in eva , i respawned and someone else was on my bed

Thank you, you don't know how much it's appreciated to have someone else at least appear to share your sense of humour for dumb poo poo.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abuminable posted:

$32.3 million so far in 2017

I'm seriously :laffo: right now

I called it.

Gonna be the best year ever for Star Citizen

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Also I'll never be a fan of cat tax just because some idiot at some point in time decided there should be a cat tax at the top of a page.

I do however support with all my heart rescuing dogs, or cats if that is your preference. The mrs had a cat when I first met her and since then we rescued one dog from a puppy farm and have a 2nd just because it seems like an arsehole thing to do to only have one dog when it's just as easy to walk two.

So if inclined, please give to animal charities that do good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hViMtuZFi0M

AP fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 7, 2017

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
heres to another year of self owns, cringy role play, reddit meltdowns, and 50,000 word blog posts. grats cig

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

AP posted:

There's a ptu issue council which I don't have access to, as I was never interested to apply before they locked it down, and a standard open issue council for everyone else.

They can't solve the clipping issue after 2 years, the weight of dumb bug poo poo I'll bring to the thread with this in live, will have to be experienced to be believed.

Yes, the issue council is dumb, yes it's mostly useless, that's not the real point. Once Citizens figure out how broken everything is, that will hit confidence which impacts sales.

I'm in the PTU as a 1st waver or whatever the hell they call early backers. I was going to send you some videos from the PTU but I can't because I'm not Gold plated or sum such and I can't afford to pay the extra 10 bucks due to my intitial donation to CIG.
This is the first time that they've shut the PTU issue council behind closed doors for the exact reason you stated, except it's actually gone backwards from 2.(whatever), which is a mind boggle.

Scruffpuff posted:

Here's the thing. Imagine you're just starting to design a PC game - you don't know what the game is, how it will work, or even if it will work. You're still just stitching together poo poo to see what works. When you're 15% of the way through this hit-or-miss experimentation, do you start getting people to put in bug reports?

Of course not. Of course nothing will work - you're not done putting in the basic game components yet. If you have no idea how or if anything will work, and you're not sure what the game is even going to be, how can there be "bugs?" You're still fleshing the systems out.

It would be like complaining to the doctor that your day-old infant doesn't have a full head of thick, long viking hair and a beard. Give it time.

So why is Star Citizen playing the "please fill out a "bug report" game? Because that's what real games do, and Star Citizen is a monkey-see, monkey-do business. Games have bugs, Star Citizen is a "game", therefore Star Citizen has "bugs."

They're also keeping their backers occupied by giving them busywork that makes them think they're helping, while simultaneously passively lying by implying that Star Citizen is a game that's far along enough to be ready for bug testing.

The reports are meaningless and literally do nothing at all. Nothing in Star Citizen has "bugs" because there is no Star Citizen - just a constant stream of poo poo code cobbled and recobbled together experimentally.

100% agree with this and after seeing that things hadn't been changed in the issue council in the latest PTU, have stopped the reports. Hence why I referred to it as lip service. But like everything else, a really bad attempt.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

STEPS TO REPRODUCE Join the Stanton system, Find someone who activates his MobiGlas, Look at him
ACTUAL RESULT The MobiGlas you'll see is the old one (pre 3.0).
EXPECTED RESULT The new layout should be displayed.

Looks like Mobiglass isn't using Render To Texture like CIG said, but is faked (and broken) :ohdear:

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

SCtrumpHaters posted:

I called it.

Gonna be the best year ever for Star Citizen

The worst possible outcome is being $2 million down from last year, projected from last year's pace in December. But, if Chris can muster a couple of new poorly-rendered clips of Mark Hamill for the holiday livestream, CIG will easily beat last year's number.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Quavers posted:

If you saw someone in your bed, how would you know it wasn't you and the servers are loving up? I mean all commandos loom the same, don't they?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

FRAMERATE WORSE IN 3.0.0-PTU.679448 THAN PREVIOUS PATCHES
ACTUAL RESULT, Frame rate is consistently below 5fps with massive amounts of stuttering, which remains constant throughout session. This is a marked decrease compared to previous versions. Usually results in a crash to the universe selection menu after 5-10 mins of play, at which point the game will freeze entirely. Crash gives error 20012.
EXPECTED RESULT Stable framerate above 10fps, without crash to menu.

CPU SPIKES STILL HAPPENING IN 3.0-679448
ACTUAL RESULT CPU spikes to 100% for a few seconds the game locks up. Still happenning altough less frequently.
EXPECTED RESULT No CPU spikes.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Quavers posted:

ACTUAL EXPECTED RESULT: Frame rate is consistently below 5fps with massive amounts of stuttering, which remains constant throughout session. This is a marked decrease compared to previous versions. Usually results in a crash to the universe selection menu after 5-10 mins of play, at which point the game will freeze entirely. Crash gives error 20012.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Quavers posted:

loving lol I could read these all day

They deserve their own twitter account

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Quavers posted:

Crash gives error 20012.

Now it goes without saying that I'm not an expert on CryEngine error codes so just bear with me here, and please, any top tier programmers and folks who have dabbled in a little programming down the years go right ahead and jump in and correct me here if I'm wrong, but error 20012 means that it's hosed

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Quavers posted:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE Join the Stanton system, Find someone who activates his MobiGlas, Look at him
ACTUAL RESULT The MobiGlas you'll see is the old one (pre 3.0).
EXPECTED RESULT The new layout should be displayed.

Looks like Mobiglass isn't using Render To Texture like CIG said, but is faked (and broken) :ohdear:

lmao it's a jpeg

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SomethingJones posted:

loving lol I could read these all day

They deserve their own twitter account
Can we actually do that or will twitter pull it down

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Quavers posted:

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!
:negative:

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Sunswipe posted:

I think you'll find she runs snickers these days. [/British dad joke]

jesus............

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Spiderdrake posted:

Can we actually do that or will twitter pull it down

It would be worth it, those bug reports are the biggest laugh I'd had in the thread in ages

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Quavers posted:

Actually talk to any Citizen and they'll tell you it does through Chris'.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

SomethingJones posted:

lmao it's a jpeg

Isnt what this is. infinite jpegs tied together?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

D_Smart posted:

Well in the latest patch, they just changed Sleep(1) to Sleep(0). So. :colbert:

drat even the wiki page has a better implementation, and it's free.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

hot balls man no homo posted:

So CIG owes Crytek royalties for using Cryengine for the game. Everything CIG has sold so far has become a debt until they deliver at which point any unused money (and possibly any money made after release) can be considered profit. So they have no profit yet that Crytek can claim their cut of. And if CIG never delivers, Crytek gets no money. CIG can fold under the mountain of debt they have attained and all the secured creditors can get what little blood they can squeeze out of this stone while Crytek sits around with their thumbs up their collective asses. This is a neat angle of the scam.

And then one of CIG's side companies picks up the assets by being the only bidder at the bankruptcy auction, and the game begins anew!

I may do an effortpost on the many, many games you can play with a network of subsidiary companies. The best part is that I don't need to mention CIG themselves even once.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Poetic justice.

Also, at least the art gets to be in a real game.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Our bot flew too close to star citizen and broke reddit.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy loving hell these are great.

AP posted:

Thank you, you don't know how much it's appreciated to have someone else at least appear to share your sense of humour for dumb poo poo.

FWIW I think most of us here find the issue council bugs p funny. My advice to management is just keep doing what you're doing.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Quavers posted:

Hey, if the Rover's rockin', don't come knockin'. :quagmire:

quote:

This guy just hates Space Sex.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The great thing about the ED vs SC war that is always ongoing is the fact that ED is getting old. It helped to propel its developers into new products, and continues to make them money just by being released and on the market. This money they get is not in the fashion of pre-orders or pledges or IOUs for future content, it’s for a purchase that Frontier can happily and without moral conflict add to their coffers as a good sale.

But yes, it’s getting old. It’s 3 years old now.

SC is not exactly in competition with Elite anymore. That train sort of left the station 3 years ago.

People may as well be saying “yeah I just can’t play Half Life 1 anymore because look at these SC screenshots.” Yeah no poo poo dummy. It’s an old game that if you liked it, you played it and probably got bored of it by now. It’s been out for 3 loving years.

SC crowds should be comparing it to Hellion or that Dual Universe game. These are two space games also currently in development that are the new “contenders”. Of course the teams are probably small indie teams not nearly as vastly international as CIG, and probably don’t have $160,000,000 in the bank, but there you go!

Go get them, Citizens! Show them who the best unreleased space game is this year! Reigning champion SC is here to take you on!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

In times like this I think it's always important to remember that Citizens are the reasonable ones, simply trying to calmly and factually correct the misrepresentation of a video ga-

This is... sad. :(

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Titanic posted:

The great thing about the ED vs SC war that is always ongoing is the fact that ED is getting old. It helped to propel its developers into new products, and continues to make them money just by being released and on the market. This money they get is not in the fashion of pre-orders or pledges or IOUs for future content, it’s for a purchase that Frontier can happily and without moral conflict add to their coffers as a good sale.

But yes, it’s getting old. It’s 3 years old now.

SC is not exactly in competition with Elite anymore. That train sort of left the station 3 years ago.

People may as well be saying “yeah I just can’t play Half Life 1 anymore because look at these SC screenshots.” Yeah no poo poo dummy. It’s an old game that if you liked it, you played it and probably got bored of it by now. It’s been out for 3 loving years.

SC crowds should be comparing it to Hellion or that Dual Universe game. These are two space games also currently in development that are the new “contenders”. Of course the teams are probably small indie teams not nearly as vastly international as CIG, and probably don’t have $160,000,000 in the bank, but there you go!

Go get them, Citizens! Show them who the best unreleased space game is this year! Reigning champion SC is here to take you on!

Yeah but Hellion has Space Legs that work, so you can't compare it to SC or SC comes out looking rather poor. I mean there's a lot of stuff that either needs finished or improved with Hellion, but the core concept of "Be a man in space" is done to a level that CIG should legit be jealous of.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Dusty Lens posted:

I guess being banned for trying to play offline to get more than 8 fps is a good second place.
Wait, I missed this. Are CIG seriously banning people for playing offline?

Fake Edit: Holy poo poo they are:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7gy85t/cigs_official_stance_on_using_cheat_engine_for/
Goddamn they are so loving stupid it's amazing.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

just gonna skip ahead a few thousand posts

so it's almost a week into december where is the hot new squadron 42 footage? like the page number where it's posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mangoose posted:

You're easily the most credible poster, because if there's anyone who's familiar with unfulfilled expectations it would be you. Especially when there's ships involved.

I’m here for all the disasters, friend. Bringing my professional disaster experience with me. :sureboat: